Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 8th October 2009, 18:58   #31
BHPian

Hi nice report and great car!! How have the XM1+ performed? Can you give details? Also does the tyre touch anywhere especially when u hit a bump fully loaded?
solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 19:08   #32
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by solly View Post
Hi nice report and great car!! How have the XM1+ performed? Can you give details? Also does the tyre touch anywhere especially when u hit a bump fully loaded?
Thanks!

XM1s are really good. Absolutely minimal tyre noise, great grip and have performed pretty well in the rains too. Many in the forum feel they are on the softer side.

I haven't noticed the tyre touching anything. Fully loaded for me is max 3 adults and a couple of suitcases.

Edit - I forgot to add the cost of wheel alignment and balancing done a week ago at Super tyre tec. The total cost was Rs. 600

Last edited by JVH : 8th October 2009 at 19:19.
JVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 20:36   #33
JVH
Senior - BHPian

My wishlist now is
  • K & N universal filter
  • Driver's sports seat
  • A new steering wheel, preferrably linea's/punto's (I already have a Momo but keeping it on hold in case linea/punto steering wheel doesn't work out.
Old 8th October 2009, 21:49   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
@ Hariprasad Motors, 23rd Feb 2009

AC Thermistor - Rs. 1100 + Rs. 500 (Spare cost + Labour)
Seat Knobs - Rs. 150
Paid inspection - Rs. 900
Hi JVH,

Nice to see you are thoroughly enjoying the drive in your GTX. Even I bought a GTX recently as a second car. But off late it has become my first car since I prefer GTX to safari for daily city drive. .

By the way what warranted you to change the A/c thermistor and how was the problem diagnosed. Even I'm facing some issue with the A/c and just postponing replacing the compressor.

FYI, Below is my buying experience of a GTX.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...io-1-6gtx.html (My buying and ownership experience of Palio 1.6GTX)

Cheers
Kishore
bkishore_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 09:43   #35
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkishore_77 View Post
Hi JVH,

Nice to see you are thoroughly enjoying the drive in your GTX. Even I bought a GTX recently as a second car. But off late it has become my first car since I prefer GTX to safari for daily city drive. .

By the way what warranted you to change the A/c thermistor and how was the problem diagnosed. Even I'm facing some issue with the A/c and just postponing replacing the compressor.

FYI, Below is my buying experience of a GTX.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...io-1-6gtx.html (My buying and ownership experience of Palio 1.6GTX)

Cheers
Kishore
Thanks Kishore!

The problem with AC in my car was that it was blowing hot air. Concorde Mysore also quoted it could be a Compressor issue albeit it was a telephonic discussion.

Hariprasad also said it could be a compressor issue but he hinted that the thermistor which regulates the current flow and acts as a temperature sensor could also have gone kaput which usually falsely leads us to believe that there is an issue with compressor. As you can see it costs very little compared to the compressor. But your problem seems to be w.r.t RPM. I do not know how exactly thermistor can play a role here. But you can give it a try and assess its condition.

Do check with Hariprasad guys if you haven't already.
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:59   #36
JVH
Senior - BHPian

A recent trip to Pune and back took a toll on the front suspension. By the sound of it and a brief call with Hariprasad, it looks like a couple of mounting brackets have gone kaput at front-right hand side.

As usual, the parts are not available and the fellow has no idea when he can procure them. He has placed the order though.
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:48   #37
Senior - BHPian

Seems to be you are enjoying the ride of the beauty & using it very often than before,thats the magic of the GTX

Can anyone show me the Tangerine color palio.I'm not able to spot the color exactly.It is the bright green shade that only pailo has?
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 13:01   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Seems to be you are enjoying the ride of the beauty & using it very often than before,thats the magic of the GTX

Can anyone show me the Tangerine color palio.I'm not able to spot the color exactly.It is the bright green shade that only pailo has?
Tangerine Mist or T.Mist is the orange (metallic) in the Palio. Like on my car (a bad example as the paint is worn).

Name:  100_1756.jpg
Views: 2318
Size:  42.4 KB

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 14:55   #39
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
GTX is the kind of machine which redefines enjoyment. Ravveendrra and drpullockaran on this very forum have defined beautifully the human - machine one thingy. Come to think of it, I rarely use our second car Swift VDI. It is no mean machine by itself.

My original car colour was Tangerine mist just like Ravveendrra's. The previous owner got it repainted. The GTX never came with this colour. But I believe 1.6 sport did come.

Edit - Did I mention that I had bought with the intention of selling in 2-3 years? Now, I'm not sure though! (Touchwood with spares)

Last edited by JVH : 23rd October 2009 at 15:00.
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:17   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
My original car colour was Tangerine mist just like Ravveendrra's. The previous owner got it repainted. The GTX never came with this colour. But I believe 1.6 sport did come.
Correction - it did come in Formula Red.

Palio GTX - Red beast comes home! EDIT: update @100,000 kms-gtx.jpg
planet_rocker is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:23   #41
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Correction - it did come in Formula Red.

Attachment 214418
Where did you find this page from?

Thanks for the correction
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:29   #42
BHPian

Raveendra, are those Linea alloys on ur palio. they look really really cool i must say.

and jayant, i have my palio with me since 2001, and the car is built to last. keep it for longer and reap more benefits.
i recently went to my garage and saw this really nice looking burnt orange palio 1.2 elx. while i was looking around, the garage owner who knows me asked me to guess the number of kilometer the car has run, i took a shot and said more than a lakh. he corrected me telling me that this particular palio had urn more than 2.3 lakh kms and the engine has not been touched yet.

sos im telling u, the car is built like a tank. keep it and treasure it. its gonna be worth a lot more with the enthusiasts.
sharanramesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:04   #43
Senior - BHPian

i always thought that it never came in the formula red till i saw one in person and i fell in love with it instantly.

here is the document - it is a scanned copy of a brochure:

FIAT_Palio_TMax_Brochure.pdf
planet_rocker is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:05   #44
BHPian

Hi JVH,

Nice to see a happy owner of the GTX. Its great experience to drive this car on highways. Interested to know how much mileage you are getting on highways. I drive at 90-110kph and the average mileage is around 11-12kmpl.
ravikn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:21   #45
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanramesh View Post

and jayant, i have my palio with me since 2001, and the car is built to last. keep it for longer and reap more benefits.
i recently went to my garage and saw this really nice looking burnt orange palio 1.2 elx. while i was looking around, the garage owner who knows me asked me to guess the number of kilometer the car has run, i took a shot and said more than a lakh. he corrected me telling me that this particular palio had urn more than 2.3 lakh kms and the engine has not been touched yet.

sos im telling u, the car is built like a tank. keep it and treasure it. its gonna be worth a lot more with the enthusiasts.
Sharan, it sure is built to last. A PUG member has 2 GTXs and IIRC both have done 1 lac+. Talk about reliability of FIAT LOL!

Sharan, Didn't you book a Punto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post

here is the document - it is a scanned copy of a brochure:

Attachment 214453
Many many thanks to the brochure. I still can't understand how the product failed. It was ahead of its times for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikn View Post
Hi JVH,

Interested to know how much mileage you are getting on highways. I drive at 90-110kph and the average mileage is around 11-12kmpl.
Ravi, my mileage is more or less in 12 - 14 kmpl band. In city, it is quite pathetic but who cares?