Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 29th September 2008, 00:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin_seattle View Post
brother, congrats for the car.nice color.
if i were u, i wud have waited for the ANHC since it has been launched, and wud have gone for it. Aveo is a great car but the ANHC is just awesome IMHO.

Anyways, all the best with Aveo.

-Ash.
Thanks Aswhin, I Thought of waiting for the ANHC but knew it would be even more expensive than the NHC, hence would never buy it as i would have to stretch my budget with over 2.5 lakhs. so just went ahead with the car that my heart and my head agreed with

Mjothi actually ur thread was instrumental in my final decision making, and i am happy i read ur sincere review of the car. Thank you

itwasntme & Dry Ice thanks for the suggestion, i did enquire about the same but as per the dealer its not advisable as paint will affect the sensors. moreover my wife is also against the idea as she feels black spots keeps the evil eyes away so i guess ill let it be like it is for the time being.

shantyrocks yes i have got used to the indicators on the left, infact so used to them that now whenever i drive my old santro i always start the wipers
deky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 03:30   #17
BHPian

Hey there, congrats again!!! Looks Kalos (beautiful) - car's original name!!!
Brosreview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 10:58   #18
BHPian

Congrats! Time and again, it is illustrated as to how the sales process, the attitude of the dealers and the salesmen makes such a huge difference to the final decision. And yet, somehow, so many dealerships never monitor this process which can make or break a particular brand in that city.

Great write-up there. Wish you many miles of safe driving.
sridharps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 12:29   #19
BHPian

congrats on your new purchase and really glad to see that you are enjoying it..
aveo without any doubt has best interiors in its class and even i felt the a/c and comfort to be top class
ashish22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 13:22   #20
BHPian

Congrats dude. Welcome to Team bhp Aveo club.
I too have the same mindset before narrowing down to my Ave0 1.4, I have a blazing red from 2007 November.
Very detailed and realistic review.
Congrats once again and enjoy the drive.
kavu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 13:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Mjothi actually ur thread was instrumental in my final decision making, and i am happy i read ur sincere review of the car. Thank you
Oh, thats nice to hear
Quote:
moreover my wife is also against the idea as she feels black spots keeps the evil eyes away
See, every coin has 2 sides I never thought of this when I was hateing the block spots.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 17:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

whats the best tyre pressure for the aveo? the manual says 28psi for all 4. Is it best to stick with what the manual says? or could I go up till 30psi to get better Mileage?? Will it make any difference?
Old 29th September 2008, 19:33   #23

congrats brother. new Aveo looks really beautiful.
shivaprasad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 19:46   #24

Congrats on the new aveo!! Even the driver side seat belt in my aveo makes a annoying click click noise. I will ask Pashankar to replace the buckle when the car goes in for the first service. Meanwhile, please post if you find a solution..
rajj_mba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2008, 21:04   #25
Senior - BHPian

The car is back from the 1k reassurance check up, they seem to have done a reasonable job with the cleaning and the polishing. They did take a drive of about 20kms with some digital equipment attached to check the sensors and all seems to be working well within the engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajj_mba View Post
Congrats on the new aveo!! Even the driver side seat belt in my aveo makes a annoying click click noise. I will ask Pashankar to replace the buckle when the car goes in for the first service. Meanwhile, please post if you find a solution..
No drastic change with the click click noise but it has lessened a bit, they have made the buckle a bit loose (just to give the buckle a bit of movability with the body movements) from the place where it is attached to the seat. this seems to be doing the trick..only a bit i must admit tho
Old 7th October 2008, 20:57   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajj_mba View Post
I have the same problem on my UVA - clicking seat belts all the way. Infact on my recent drive to kodaikanal my dad kept telling me to switch off the indicator or get it checked - it was just the seat belt buckle clicking and creaking!
BenjiRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 12:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

Default Finally decided on Aveo Limited Edition- Updated 5000kms Report

Mods Kindly update the thread topic accordingly. Thanks!!

I am just back after giving my Aveo 1.4 Limited Edition for the 2nd Service(5000kms) at Triumph Motors, Jaipur. So far Ive done 4850kms in a period of about 2.5 months. This includes about 1200 kms on the highway and the rest is city driving.

The following is my report on the car so far.

1. ENGINE - getting better and better as i clock more kms on the odo, quite silent but the hummimng noise at 2000rpm still persists.

2. RATTLES - none so far except the clicking noise of the driver side seat belt. Other wise super silent cabin.

3. SCARTCHES/DENTS - No major visible ones so far (touch wood) except one over the right side rear tyre body moulding (guy reversed without noticing my car was behind, luckily he was very slow) and another on the back bumper when a motorsyclist just banged into it, again we both were slow)

4. MILEAGE - Last tank full got 13.8 kmpl without A/C in pretty smooth city driving conditions. Last trip on a highway got 16.2 kmpl (20% A/C) Overall mileage for last 1300 kms is 14.8 kmpl (15% A/C & 600 kms on highway) Pretty satisfied with the mileage and as the A/C usage is minimal these days due to the cold weather the mileage is on the higher side

5. OVERALL - Very happy so far with the car, would definately recommend this for sedate drivers.

Apart from the regular servicing like washing/cleaning/ engine oil/filter change, I have asked them to check the following things.

1. AUTO DIPPER - Got it as an accessory, but doesnt seem to work (still under warranty

2. Co- PASSENGER WINDOW GLASS - Whistling sound over 100kmph on highways, seems to be some problem with the glass beading

3. SEAT BELT - Clicking noise

4. SUSPENSION NOISE - Last few days have been I think there is some noise from the suspension while going over a speed breaker. Told them to check neverthless.

5. TYRE ROATATION - The Aveo Manual recommends tyre roatation every 5000kms, insisted at the *** that it has to be done. Am I right here is tyre rotation necessary so early, whats your say on this guys?

6. GENERAL CHECK-UP

7. ENGINE OIL & OIL FILTER CHANGE

Will be getting the car back later in the evening and will post if the service was satisfactory. AS mine is the Cashless Ownership Pacakage hence the estimate is NIL Rs

Last edited by deky : 26th November 2008 at 12:21.
Old 26th November 2008, 14:01   #28
Senior - BHPian

13.8 in city is really good
congrats buddy. Aveo certainly has got the looks (best exteriors and interiors for the price) and mileage is really good for city drive. you have a very good car there.
joslicx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 14:09   #29
Senior - BHPian

Thats a good drive man. You clocked 7K in less than 3 months cheers:

Quote:

Will be getting the car back later in the evening and will post if the service was satisfactory. AS mine is the Cashless Ownership Pacakage hence the estimate is NIL Rs
I would like to know the heading they put and charges shown on the receipt during delivery.

Can you please update them here after you take delivery? Thanks.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 20:08   #30
Senior - BHPian

Got the car from the *** some time back and the car was sparkling clean. My response to the work they were suppose to do is in bold

Quote:
Apart from the regular servicing like washing/cleaning/ engine oil/filter change, I have asked them to check the following things.

1. AUTO DIPPER - Got it as an accessory, but doesnt seem to work (still under warranty)

Not done as the auto cop guy wasnt present, will come home to fix it

2. Co- PASSENGER WINDOW GLASS - Whistling sound over 100kmph on highways, seems to be some problem with the glass beading.

Could not check it fully as couldnt take the car to 100kmph, but as per the supervisor beading has been fixed

3. SEAT BELT - Clicking noise

Reduced a lot, hope it stays like that

4. SUSPENSION NOISE - Last few days have been I think there is some noise from the suspension while going over a speed breaker. Told them to check neverthless.

No suspension noise anymore

5. TYRE ROATATION - The Aveo Manual recommends tyre roatation every 5000kms, insisted at the *** that it has to be done. Am I right here is tyre rotation necessary so early, whats your say on this guys?

Tyre rotation done

6. GENERAL CHECK-UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Thats a good drive man. You clocked 7K in less than 3 months cheers:

I would like to know the heading they put and charges shown on the receipt during delivery.

Can you please update them here after you take delivery? Thanks.
Its been 5K only and not 7 K but still i think 2000kms per month is pretty good.
About the heading you asked, i realy dont understand what exacty you want me to tell you, neverthless ill try my best to explain the reciept.

the work done was shown as follows

1. engine oill change elf15W40 3.75ltrs @168/ltr
2. oil filter 1 @ 68/-

Under CPCOO (cashless ownership) Total charge NIL