Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2008, 17:19   #31
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 235
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Congrats for your new machine. Aveo has excellent exteriors. The interiors too are well placed and the drivaability is better in its class.
metropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 17:21   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 235
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
13.8 in city is really good
congrats buddy. Aveo certainly has got the looks (best exteriors and interiors for the price) and mileage is really good for city drive. you have a very good car there.

Seems a surprise for this one
metropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 19:12   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
mjothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,252
Thanked: 216 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Its been 5K only and not 7 K but still i think 2000kms per month is pretty good.
About the heading you asked, i realy dont understand what exacty you want me to tell you, neverthless ill try my best to explain the reciept.

the work done was shown as follows

1. engine oill change elf15W40 3.75ltrs @168/ltr
2. oil filter 1 @ 68/-

Under CPCOO (cashless ownership) Total charge NIL
Perfect. This is what I was trying to get. The 168 is for per litre. Ok. The reason I was thinking is the engine oil for my Activa itself was like 245rs. But after the engine oil change in Aveo, I still see the charge as 165 something.

So, was confused. Seems thats the way they put it.

If possible, can you just check with those guys the following?
Is the engine oil drained and refilled? If so is the capacity only 3.75lts? I thought it should be more than that.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 19:46   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
deky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 1,192
Thanked: 1,029 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
If possible, can you just check with those guys the following?
Is the engine oil drained and refilled? If so is the capacity only 3.75lts? I thought it should be more than that.
Yes its drained and refilled, that was very made clear initially itself. I completely read the manual before i gave the car for servicing. The manual says 3.5ltr Mjothi so i guess its ok. The manual also recommends tyre rotation between 4k-5k so made them that to as well.

Few questions
1. Did you get tyre rotation done at 5k service?
2. Do you also have persistant clicking noise from the drivers side seat bet?
3. Any other problem big or small with your car so far? (I hope so not but just wanted to be aware)

and

4. How do I get the mods to Edit the title of the thread:P

Last edited by deky : 27th November 2008 at 19:54.
deky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 20:08   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
mjothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,252
Thanked: 216 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Yes its drained and refilled, that was very made clear initially itself. I completely read the manual before i gave the car for servicing. The manual says 3.5ltr Mjothi so i guess its ok. The manual also recommends tyre rotation between 4k-5k so made them that to as well.
Thanks. Releived.

Quote:
Few questions
1. Did you get tyre rotation done at 5k service?
No, I did not. Since I had 4 alloys and 1 Steel that came as stock, not sure how to go about it. I should have atleast gone for 4 wheel rotation, but did not mention them, so not sure if they did or not.
Quote:
2. Do you also have persistant clicking noise from the drivers side seat bet?
Sometimes I do hear this. But noticed this only after I seen about this in this forum.
Quote:
3. Any other problem big or small with your car so far? (I hope so not but just wanted to be aware)
only thing is the rear door which does not close fully if you try to close it normally. You need to give some force. Other is the less power in the 2nd gear below 2K.
Quote:
and

4. How do I get the mods to Edit the title of the thread:P
You click on the report post icon and let them know what to update.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2008, 14:13   #36
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kochi, Chennai
Posts: 64
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

@ Mjothi

Sir, it is adviseable to rotate the tyres every 5000 kms. I am saying this as I like many of us, did not comply with the said time/kms for tyre rotation and did at 12000kms. To this day I regret this, as those tyres were prematurely worn out as early as 30,000 and odd kms...
aveoman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 20:03   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
deky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 1,192
Thanked: 1,029 Times
Default Updated To 10,000kms

10,000kms in exactly 6 months!! Well thats the fastest ive ever done in any car that I have owned. Such is the driving pleasure with the Aveo that my wife and I really look forward to sit in the car and drive on.

After 10k the car still drives like new and also looks like new. Apart from the minor scratches overall the hardware has held itself very well.

The interiors IMHO still are the best amongst the vehicles in its class. No rattles no squeaks have emerged even after 10k, which is quite a relief. And the suspension is still as smooth as ever

The car has mostly done 70% of its running in city and is giving me an average of 13 and on higways its always been 16+

The pick up is definately slow if compared to fiesta or Verna, but that really doesnt bother me.

3rd servicing has just been done effeciently and the air filter has been replaced. Since the car is under CPCO package the cost to me was Nil.

Regards
Dhiraj
deky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 20:17   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
mjothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,252
Thanked: 216 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveoman19 View Post
@ Mjothi

Sir, it is adviseable to rotate the tyres every 5000 kms. I am saying this as I like many of us, did not comply with the said time/kms for tyre rotation and did at 12000kms. To this day I regret this, as those tyres were prematurely worn out as early as 30,000 and odd kms...
As per manual, its once in 15K. So dont worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
10,000kms in exactly 6 months!! Well thats the fastest ive ever done in any car that I have owned. Such is the driving pleasure with the Aveo that my wife and I really look forward to sit in the car and drive on.

After 10k the car still drives like new and also looks like new. Apart from the minor scratches overall the hardware has held itself very well.

The interiors IMHO still are the best amongst the vehicles in its class. No rattles no squeaks have emerged even after 10k, which is quite a relief. And the suspension is still as smooth as ever

The car has mostly done 70% of its running in city and is giving me an average of 13 and on higways its always been 16+

The pick up is definately slow if compared to fiesta or Verna, but that really doesnt bother me.

3rd servicing has just been done effeciently and the air filter has been replaced. Since the car is under CPCO package the cost to me was Nil.

Regards
Dhiraj
Congrats buddy. 16+ is very impressive figures. I envy those highways
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2009, 09:52   #39
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

dhiraj, congrats on your aveo mate. The FE figures you are getting are damn good, and this is a class product with superb interiors and built quality from GM, also to mention its good that u took maintenance package which after seeing your usage does makes sense paying that extra.CHEERS!!!!
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2009, 13:48   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
deky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 1,192
Thanked: 1,029 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
dhiraj, congrats on your aveo mate. The FE figures you are getting are damn good, and this is a class product with superb interiors and built quality from GM, also to mention its good that u took maintenance package which after seeing your usage does makes sense paying that extra.CHEERS!!!!
The mileage is good but these figures are mostly without a/c as it was winters till now, I expect the figures to come down a bit to 13 in summers when the air con is used all the time



Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
As per manual, its once in 15K. So dont worry.


Congrats buddy. 16+ is very impressive figures. I envy those highways
The manual clearly states tyre rotation at 5000km (3000miles). Refer to page 6-26 service and vehicle care i.e if we have the same manual

The highway running is between Jaipur and Delhi which is pretty good
deky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2009, 20:31   #41
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Banglore
Posts: 321
Thanked: 88 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
an average of 13 and on higways its always been 16+

3rd servicing has just been done effeciently and the air filter has been replaced. Since the car is under CPCO package the cost to me was Nil.

Regards
Dhiraj
16+ is a very impressive figure on highways. My maximum was 14.5 on highways with always AC on and may be i am pushing more always.
Whats this CPCO package and how much you paid for that?
kavu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 11:06   #42
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 11
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Hey Guys

I am a fellow Aveo Owner
Bought my Aveo 1.6 OPT LT 2 years back.
I must say, i have drive the new City, Linea and Fiesta Sports after that. I am thanking GOD for making me choose Aveo. Not because i own one, but trying to be as neutral as possible, i think Aveo beats them all.
I know that people will have their arguments, but hey, who doesn't?

Let me start off with the negatives.
1- Deky - I think i might be noticing that noise in suspension over speed
breakers sometimes in the morning. Goes away in a jiffy. Please let me
know if you've had that fixed
2- Makes me want to drive it and not get out of it
3- Hate to drive it in Pune traffic as some two wheeler idiot might just zoom
pass and give it a scratch.

Now for the positives
1- Interiors. You just cannot beat these. I Looooooooove the interiors.
2- Ride Quality. Amazing
3- Never had that Seat Belt clicking noise
4- AirCon
5- Everything else. I have fallen in love with this car.
DieHarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 19:30   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
deky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 1,192
Thanked: 1,029 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHarder View Post
Let me start off with the negatives.
1- Deky - I think i might be noticing that noise in suspension over speed
breakers sometimes in the morning. Goes away in a jiffy. Please let me
know if you've had that fixed
Hi, first of all sorry for the late reply, i missed this somehow.

About the suspension sound that you have mentioned, I really havnt noticed anything so far untowardly with the suspension.

You can also check with Mjothi or other aveo owners on Tbhp if they facing any issues with the same

regards
deky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 20:13   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
mjothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,252
Thanked: 216 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Hi, first of all sorry for the late reply, i missed this somehow.

About the suspension sound that you have mentioned, I really havnt noticed anything so far untowardly with the suspension.

You can also check with Mjothi or other aveo owners on Tbhp if they facing any issues with the same

regards
Except for those scraping on these speed breakers, I dont find anything abnormal with the Suspension.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 01:00   #45
BHPian
 
Raj'sGlory's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Indore/Mhow
Posts: 82
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I have been having the following problems, can fellow Aveo owners help me?

1. On switching on the AC i get a strange dusty/musty kind of smell. This is even if have the AC running for a few hours and then I switch it off and then on after 20 min. The same problem is more noticable if i just use the blower initially and then switch on the AC. Got the A/c filter cleaned and air hosed the inlet but to no avail.

2. My second problem is that when i go from low to high RPM than at around 1700-1800 RPM i hear a rattling noise coming from the engine. It sounds like the gears are slipping or something. This problem occurs irrespective of which gear i am. When i showed it at the indore service center(10000 servicing), the opened the top cover of the engine, the spark plugs and the fuel line and finally declared that it was due to adulterated petrol. Is it possible?

3. I do sometimes one of the seatbelts squeaking, but it is quite rare.

Last edited by Raj'sGlory : 2nd April 2009 at 01:01.
Raj'sGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finally here comes my Aveo 1.4 LS Limited edition EDIT: 52000 KMs Update mjothi Long-Term Ownership Reviews 286 25th March 2013 15:47
Aveo 1.4 LS Limited Edition - Initial ownership impressions PankajG Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 15 18th November 2009 09:24
fiesta 1.6 exi or aveo 1.4 limited edition bIte tHe bulLet Sedans 13 5th July 2008 20:44
My First Sedan Dzire(Desire) Experience ends with Aveo 1.4 LS Limited Edition. mdmahesh Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 37 24th June 2008 13:44
GM India launches limited edition of Aveo windsurfer The Indian Car Scene 18 7th November 2007 11:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:10.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks