Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 11th June 2009, 16:10   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Oh, is it for the Airbag & ABS version? I mean the 1.4 LT version? Its fully loaded version with alloys, leather seats etc.

Does it including the 3 yrs cashless ownership?

Btw. I think Fieta ZXi does not come with Airbag? Right?

Sorry, Deky, we took your ownership to different direction.

Yes. it includes cashless ownership. True, fiesta Zxi does not have airbags.

Also, as per the showroom salesman, a new AVEO with minor modifications will be available in 10 days. Anybody has any information about that?
marathp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 20:02   #62
Senior - BHPian

Default Happy 1st Bday to My Dear Car

I have completed one year with my Aveo and have done 20k Kms so far. I Just got the car back from 20k free service.

First I will write about the service and then my experience so far with the Car

20k SERVICE

Following things were reported and were satisfactorily done

Jobs reported:-
1. Check A.C. - In long drives (after an hr or so) the AC cooling would reduce and then completly stop. Even the blower would stop giving air.

2. Water Leakage in Cabin - Once during heavy rains some water started to come out fro the L.H.S door, where the speakers are fixed.

3. General 20k Check-up :- Includes service, fuel filter replacement, spark plugs replacement, break check and engine tunning.

Jobs done and Price

1. AC control cuircuit for ice 1 No 280/-
2. Relay 1 No. 90.43/-
3. Thermostat AC 1 No. 757.39/-
4. Fuel Filter 1 No. 355.65/-
5. spark plug 4 No. 233.04/-
6. labour 510.00/-

Amount Payable Nil

The amount payable is nil since the car is in 3yrs maintanace package.

The fuel filter and spark plug replacement was due as mandatory 20k service. The AC parts were changed and hopefully the problem would not occur any more.

Water leakage problem also has been solved (hopefully) by replacing something at the window (dont remeber the name). Apparently the water was sliding from the window down to the door side

General checkup and washing satisfactorily done.

My Experience over the last 1yr

The car runs as good as new and looks as good as new too, well atleast from inside. Outside is a bit scratched from here and there but touch wood nothing major has happened so far. Apart from minor scratches the paint job is excellent and has not deteriorated in Jaipur sun as well.

I agree the engine is a bit sluggish as compared to other vehicles in the same segment, but it really suits me fine as I am never the first one out at traffic lights and dont aspire to one also. So if you ask me, it definately suits my driving.

Interiors are still refreshing and IMO still the best in the segment. The other day I was trying to compare my seat cushioning with another new car and the seat hasn't sagged or anything. The cabin noise is still nill and the AC is a chiller ( i guess it was so good that it caused freezing in the pipes *sigh*). Hopefully that has been rectified too.

After sale has been excellent. The dealership staff still welcomes you when you go to the dealer with some problems. I usually get a call from the dealer almost every month asking about the health of the car and feedbacks. They also keep organising camps from time to time for free check ups. (either they have nothing to do or they just concerned. I really hope its the later)

Now the most important part for most of us, the mileage. To be exact, I have clocked 19821 kms over the last 1 year. On checking my records for bills for a petrol over the last 365 days, the car has consumed 1479.17 ltrs.

Thats a mileage of 13.4 km/l for a year. The driving has been 70% in the city and 30% on highways. Also to be considered is that for atleast 3 winter months the a/c was seldom used. I am very happy with the mileage, well atleast it justifies my decision for not buying a Honda and paying a 1.5 lakh premium just to get better mileage (Not to offend some guys here, but this is my own judgment)

My only concern is that in the last service at 15k, the suspension struts were changed. And at 20k the AC parts need changing. Luckily I have the package so the cost is NIL for me. But what after 3 years, what will happen when the package expires and something major comes up? I do think about it but then I say, what the heck Enjoy the ride, maybe nothing will ever happen.

BTW, the manager at the workshop told me that in my batch of cars the company has agreed that there was some problem with the thermostat and they have given these things already to the service centres to be replaced if and when the need arises. As per the manager, even if car is not under the package, this will be replaced for free.
deky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 10:01   #63
BHPian

deky - well consolidate report. Thanks for posting your experience.
After having all this work, Good part to see is "Amount Payable Nil". My bad luck i don't have this package.
This thermostat issue, i haven't heard from anybody, might be in some batch of cars?

One question i have - During my 15K and 20K service, they did a break pad cleaning and checkup and charged me around 400 rupees. Is this recommended by Chevy during every service? Since this is break related i don't want to take any chance.
kavu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 10:09   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
The car runs as good as new and looks as good as new too, well atleast from inside. Outside is a bit scratched from here and there but touch wood nothing major has happened so far. Apart from minor scratches the paint job is excellent and has not deteriorated in Jaipur sun as well.
This is a remarkable achievement. Could be because of your driving but also because of perhaps better people in Jaipur. I have been there many times and the difference between the attitudes/helpfulness of people in Jaipur and Delhi is very signifcant.
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 10:11   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is a remarkable achievement. Could be because of your driving but also because of perhaps better people in Jaipur. I have been there many times and the difference between the attitudes/helpfulness of people in Jaipur and Delhi is very significant.
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 11:24   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
deky - well consolidate report. Thanks for posting your experience.
After having all this work, Good part to see is "Amount Payable Nil". My bad luck i don't have this package.
This thermostat issue, i haven't heard from anybody, might be in some batch of cars?

One question i have - During my 15K and 20K service, they did a break pad cleaning and checkup and charged me around 400 rupees. Is this recommended by Chevy during every service? Since this is break related i don't want to take any chance.
Yes he did mention that it was in only some batches. Regarding the brake issues I always tell them to check my brakes in everyservice. Since its in the package they cant charge me and since its a safety issue the cant refuse me.
As far as the brake pad cleaning goes, I do not think it has been done, but not sure. And if I remember correctly even the manual doesnt mention anything of this sort.

Maybe the guru's can comment as to what should be the interval of brake pad cleaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
This is a remarkable achievement. Could be because of your driving but also because of perhaps better people in Jaipur. I have been there many times and the difference between the attitudes/helpfulness of people in Jaipur and Delhi is very significant.
Oh yes definately!! Jaipur has hardly any traffic as compared to Delhi. Also I do not ever try to rush and have started keeping my ego under locks whilst I am on roads.
Old 2nd September 2009, 11:30   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, the manager at the workshop told me that in my batch of cars the company has agreed that there was some problem with the thermostat and they have given these things already to the service centres to be replaced if and when the need arises. As per the manager, even if car is not under the package, this will be replaced for free.
Quote:
Nice concise report Deky, the thermostat issue seems to be the bug in many of the Chevys, I have come across at least 8 cars which reported this problem and according to the A.S.C there is an inherent problem of icing due to thermostat failure.
This is not only in Aveo's but in Optras as well, even my car had this problem and the thermostat was replaced under warranty.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 11:50   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Nice concise report Deky, the thermostat issue seems to be the bug in many of the Chevys, I have come across at least 8 cars which reported this problem and according to the A.S.C there is an inherent problem of icing due to thermostat failure.
This is not only in Aveo's but in Optras as well, even my car had this problem and the thermostat was replaced under warranty.
Hi!! How old is your car? I am just trying to determine if the thermostat's that fail are of the same batch.

Thanks
Old 27th October 2009, 13:03   #69
BHPian

Deky.

Thanks for sharing your inputs.
I am leaving my car for the 1k assurance check up tomorrow and while going through your thread I felt that I am also facing the similar issues(though its minor) as listed below. I think these problems are generic with the AVEO model and Chevy guys need to really do something about it.

1) Humming noise from Engine at 2000 RPM. It sounds like a sports car sound minus the BHPs
2) Surprisingly I spotted water droplets on the inside top portion of the L.H.S door, exactly on the rubber beading.
3) Seat belt clicking noise - this is driving every AVEO users nuts I feel so. I shall check with those guys and see if there is a permanent fix. They defenitely have to find a solution . Someone here tried even replacing the unit, right ? Did that solve ?

I shall post the updates in the thread that I have commenced under the initial onwership forum.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-new-epic.html (My Chevrolet AVEO 1.4 LS..beginning of a new epic !)

Regards
Siva
s3va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 20:16   #70
Senior - BHPian

Posting this on behalf of a friend who owns a Aveo 1.4 Base which has done 24000 kms.

He turned it in for service two days back .

The ASC replaced both front struts,the V belt,and topped up battery water.Paid service plus washing plus parts plus labour=Rs.7000.

I have been riding the car since it was brand new and have never felt any need for the struts to be replaced.There is absolutely no noise,no problem.The roads are decent.

The car was recently converted to CNG and the plugs were changed then(at 20000kms).

The ASC also insisted that he change the plugs which this friend refused to allow.

Looks like GM is back to conning people after a few years of "trust building"
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 20:25   #71
Senior - BHPian

Isnt your friends car under the 3 year warranty period?
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 20:53   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Posting this on behalf of a friend who owns a Aveo 1.4 Base which has done 24000 kms.

He turned it in for service two days back .

The ASC replaced both front struts,the V belt,and topped up battery water.Paid service plus washing plus parts plus labour=Rs.7000.

I have been riding the car since it was brand new and have never felt any need for the struts to be replaced.There is absolutely no noise,no problem.The roads are decent.

The car was recently converted to CNG and the plugs were changed then(at 20000kms).

The ASC also insisted that he change the plugs which this friend refused to allow.

Looks like GM is back to conning people after a few years of "trust building"
One of the front struts on my car was also changed ( dont remeber which side) But I wasnt charged a penny for the same since I am under cashless ownership offer plus the company provides 3 years warranty.

Before 30K service I was told that the V-Belt has to be changed as its prescribed in the GM Manual. I would have to pay for it as rubber parts are not included in the warranty. I refused for the change as I thought 30K or 1.5 years is too early for even a belt to deteriorate. (though later I got it changed for free is a different story all together)

I have almost clocked 35,000 kms on the odo and have given the car for service after every 5000kms. Till now I have paid not more than Rs100/- for all the services that I have got. Rs 100/- was also for some small rubber parts/ pipes that needed to be changed.

So decide for yourself if the 3 years cashless ownership offer + the 3 years warranty is a boon for the customers or it isnt.

I have had a few problems with GM A.S.S but to my dealers credit, they have promptly been sorted out without much of a fuss.

All I can say is that I am a very happy customer of AVEO. It is worth every penny that I paid for it. So far atleast!!!

Last edited by deky : 31st May 2010 at 20:56.
Old 1st June 2010, 07:40   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Isnt your friends car under the 3 year warranty period?
- Unfortunately not;when he got it in Feb2007,the 3 year scheme was not on.

Quote:
One of the front struts on my car was also changed ( dont remeber which side) But I wasnt charged a penny for the same since I am under cashless ownership offer plus the company provides 3 years warranty. - great

Before 30K service I was told that the V-Belt has to be changed as its prescribed in the GM Manual. I would have to pay for it as rubber parts are not included in the warranty. I refused for the change as I thought 30K or 1.5 years is too early for even a belt to deteriorate. (though later I got it changed for free is a different story all together) - fully agree with your decision;v belts are good even after 60-70 k kms unless the engines have been pushed to their limits.

I have almost clocked 35,000 kms on the odo and have given the car for service after every 5000kms. Till now I have paid not more than Rs100/- for all the services that I have got. Rs 100/- was also for some small rubber parts/ pipes that needed to be changed.

So decide for yourself if the 3 years cashless ownership offer + the 3 years warranty is a boon for the customers or it isnt. - let me tell my friend about this.If the offer is open,it makes sense.

I have had a few problems with GM A.S.S but to my dealers credit, they have promptly been sorted out without much of a fuss.

All I can say is that I am a very happy customer of AVEO. It is worth every penny that I paid for it. So far atleast!!!
I still maintain that the Aveo is a very competent car;it is just loots like this that put one off.
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 23:19   #74
BHPian

I second, third and fourth Deky.

CPCO + 3yr warranty = Maintenance is history !
s3va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 14:11   #75
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Chevrolet Aveo Limited Edition. UPDATED: 57,000km

In September, this year I completed 3 years of my Aveo's ownership. In the last three years I have clocked over 57k and the car during this time has given me almost trouble free service. Since I had asked for the Cashless Ownership package, during this time I dont think I have spent more than Rs.200/- on the car.

But now with the 3 years/ 1,00,000kms Chevrolet promise and the cashless ownership over, it seems that the honeymoon is over too and the problems have started.

Its as if the car was waiting to get over a period of 3 years and has started springing up surprises.

NOTE:- I am not a technical expert and the following things might happen to any car of any model, but the timing of these things make me a worried man. Also I can only compare these things to the previous car that I owned, a santro, which gave me 6 yrs of trouble free service.

The list of things that have cropped up in the last 20 days as soon as the warranty got over:-

1. Internal digital watch:- The next day after I celebrated my car's 3rd Bday, the internal OEM digital clock decided not to work. Well, it got moody and will show time when it wanted to show time and stay blank the rest. Could have been a week battery but when it shows time it shows the correct time so I presume something to with the display than wiring or battery. Dont think its a big expense but still the timing of it breaking worry's me.

2. Battery:- One day the battery decides to die on me, without any warning. I know battery life is usually 3 yrs and sooner or later it would have to be replaced. But what worried me is why did the battery indicator light not show a weak battery? Isn't it suppose to show up when the battery is not charged properly?

3. Radiator Fan:- last week the a/c stopped cooling and the car was over heating. The coolant was ok, and realised that the fan was not switching on, hence the car was overheating. The coupler joing the fan to the car electrical had short circuited. Since most of the car functions these days are electronically controlled, I am hoping that other couplers dont give up on me.

4. Coolant bottle:- With the radiator fan working now, I was in another shock yesterday when the car was over heating again with the A/c on. This time the culprit was the leaking coolant bottle. It had started to leak at the joints, and with the leak there was no pressure build up hence not enough cooling. Do these hard plastic bottles fail in 3 years?

Over the last 7 days I have got so paranoid with the over heating issue's that every time I drive, I keep an eye on the thermometer instead of concentrating on the road. Also Whenever I reach my office/ home I open the bonnet to see if nothing is leaking

Nothing wrong with the engine and the performance so far (fingers crossed), it sounds just the way it sounded when new. The mileage I get is over 13 in the city plus the drive comfort is still there.

Maybe because I care and love my car so much that I am getting overly disturbed on these small issues. These maybe petty issues which can happen to any car at any time.

What do you guys have to say??