Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2014, 10:53   #5866
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 436
Thanked: 98 Times
Default re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Can someone help me with the part number of Civic Ignition coil. The car is running completely fine on petrol but sometimes on cng it's taking a fraction of second more while starting from standstill or from low rev, though this happens once in blue moon but my CNG installer has said that the ignition coil has gone little weak and as CNG needs a perfect ignite hence it causes little delay while running on CNG. As the car is in perfect condition hence I plan to get it from US. Here the single ignition coil for Civic costs around 4.5k while in US the denso one is available at 40$ which is almost 2.5k. If someone can help me with exact number then I can get it online.
saurabhkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2014, 11:58   #5867
Senior - BHPian
 
sumeethaldankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,358
Thanked: 741 Times
Default re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Can someone help me with the part number of Civic Ignition coil. The car is running completely fine on petrol but sometimes on cng it's taking a fraction of second more while starting from standstill or from low rev, though this happens once in blue moon but my CNG installer has said that the ignition coil has gone little weak and as CNG needs a perfect ignite hence it causes little delay while running on CNG. As the car is in perfect condition hence I plan to get it from US. Here the single ignition coil for Civic costs around 4.5k while in US the denso one is available at 40$ which is almost 2.5k. If someone can help me with exact number then I can get it online.
Whats is the odo meter reading on your civic.Yes these coils are pretty expensive and am concerned about same too.

thanks
sumeethaldankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2014, 12:02   #5868
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 436
Thanked: 98 Times
Default re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Whats is the odo meter reading on your civic.Yes these coils are pretty expensive and am concerned about same too.

thanks
The car has just crossed 60k kms. It's 2006-07 Model almost 7 years old. Are you also facing similar issue or any issue on coils?
saurabhkum is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2014, 13:51   #5869
Senior - BHPian
 
sumeethaldankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,358
Thanked: 741 Times
Default re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
The car has just crossed 60k kms. It's 2006-07 Model almost 7 years old. Are you also facing similar issue or any issue on coils?
Hello,

I am not really facing coil issues as of now but have read about it being expensive to fix. I am just worried the issue does not creep up in my car as well as i have plans to keep the car for a long term. Even other cars eg the second version of Hyundai verna has coil issues which are expensive to fix.
sumeethaldankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2014, 16:28   #5870
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 208
Thanked: 70 Times
Default re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hello,

I am not really facing coil issues as of now but have read about it being expensive to fix. I am just worried the issue does not creep up in my car as well as i have plans to keep the car for a long term. Even other cars eg the second version of Hyundai verna has coil issues which are expensive to fix.
My Civic had a coil failure at around 60 K Km if I remember correctly.Had them replaced at Whitefield Honda for 17 K. Symptoms were a fraction of a second delay in picking up speed during gear changes which led to vibrations/jerks and at times almost stalling.Mine is an 2010 A/T.After replacement, the car has done 21 K Km, issue did not recur.As per WH guys, there is no fixed Coil life as such.Extended hours of Tough driving conditions could have been a potential cause of early failure.

@Saurabh:
Coil part number is: 30520RNAA01
Part Desc : Coil comp,Plug hole
MRP:4077 per pc

Last edited by ramanak : 14th October 2014 at 16:39.
ramanak is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2014, 17:17   #5871
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 436
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanak View Post
My Civic had a coil failure at around 60 K Km if I remember correctly.Had them replaced at Whitefield Honda for 17 K. Symptoms were a fraction of a second delay in picking up speed during gear changes which led to vibrations/jerks and at times almost stalling.Mine is an 2010 A/T.After replacement, the car has done 21 K Km, issue did not recur.As per WH guys, there is no fixed Coil life as such.Extended hours of Tough driving conditions could have been a potential cause of early failure.

@Saurabh:
Coil part number is: 30520RNAA01
Part Desc : Coil comp,Plug hole
MRP:4077 per pc
Thanks for the help. I'm trying to search under denso coils but not able to find it. Denso, I believe are the oem for civic coil. The series which I could see on website is showing as 673-2305 as the part number. Need to confirm from Honda service center.
The symptoms which you have mentioned is what exactly I'm facing sometimes, I suspected may be tuning our other issue related to Cng but my fitter after checking said that my ignition coil has gone little weak hence this issue.
saurabhkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2014, 22:24   #5872
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 208
Thanked: 70 Times
Default re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

I got a quote of INR 9994 for a 2010 model for an IDV of 8 Lakhs from L&T Insurance. Does any one have any negative feedback on L & T Insurance?
Thanks
ramanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2014, 19:51   #5873
BHPian
 
salunkhe.vizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 296
Thanked: 205 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post

Did you get the car back ? Dying to know the results.


I got it today after 12 days but still some work is pending, I will post a detailed review once that is done. You can pm me if you want to know anything specific.
salunkhe.vizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2014, 18:15   #5874
BHPian
 
Sushubh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 138
Thanked: 4 Times
Default re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Gave my 2010 Civic AT (ODO: 16500) to service at Crystal Honda Service Center in Wagholi, Pune day before yesterday, it was a regular routine service, where they replaced the engine oil, filter, cleaned air filter and breaks. They kept it overnight and delivered the car next day around 12pm.

On my drive back, i noticed a very prominent belt noise in the passenger compartment, especially, when the car is idling at traffic lights, when the AC compressor turns off and on and the fan in Engine compartments turns on and off. The sound is very similar to the noise made by the Water pumps at local car washes. I never heard this noise so prominently before in the passenger compartment prior to the service. I took it back to service center today. Initially, they refused to acknowledge any issue with the car and after insisting not to be tone deaf, one of their Service Manager, who came with me on the test drive, acknowledged the problem. It took them further 4 hours and multiple test drives to diagnose the issue.

They told me the Auto Belt Tensioner has to be replaced and the entire assembly (Part no: 31170RWK035 ) costs 6409 INR.

Can you please help me understand?
A: Do you think this is a damage caused by HASS during the routine service?
B: What is the normal life of Auto Belt Tensioner? Does it require to be replaced within 4 years and the car is used very sparingly and has done only 16500 Kms.
C: My extended warranty expired on 1st Oct, can i get it replaced under Warranty?

Thank you in advance, your valuable suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Sushubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2014, 20:54   #5875
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,547
Thanked: 5,802 Times
Default re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

The earlier issue I had with the ac popped up again. Isolated the issue to the evaporator having a micro leak. Replaced at a friendly neighborhood garage.

Evaporator costed 10K, did not bargain considering HASS charges 18K plus tax.

Labour they wanted 3K, considering removing of dash and refilling at HASS costs 7K plus tax, again did not bargain.

Finally after 4 hours and 12.5K bill, Civvy is chilling again and is in observation stage.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2014, 10:01   #5876
Newbie
 
Gapo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 8
Thanked: 0 Times
Unhappy re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Hi,

I own a Civic VAT 2008. Bought it preowned from Capital Honda. Since, then I've replaced the OE Brake Pads and Vipers at Capital HASS, Meenambakkam.
Also did a replacement of the rear suspension and a full service at Ignite ECR.

If you are living in Chennai, you would have been astounded by the continuous rain that has been occurring continuosly for the past three days. Unsuspecting of this continuous downpour, I had head down to Bessie beach the other day. By the time I realized that the rain would not stop, the roads were already filled with water. When I drove back I had to take the plunge despite my best route-making skills. After one particularly uncomfortable plunge, my car suddenly started giving screeching sounds.

After substantial self-blaming for driving in the rain. I stopped and tried to check. I could find nothing but somehow dragged the car home, suspecting a Brake pad isssue again. When I inspected in clear daylight [or whatever the rain allowed] a small part of the under-engine mount cover [ I do not know what this is exactly called ] seems to have give way and is scraping the floor.



Can I replace this ? Seeing that the Civic scrapes the bottom generally at non-regulation speed breakers, is there a better way to replace. Any experience replacing them ? How much does it cost and do you suggest going ahead with Ignite or HASS ?

PS : If photos would help your understanding I can take a snap. Did not attempt it outright because of the persistent rain.

Thanks ! Really appreciate your help
Gapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2014, 10:57   #5877
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,200
Thanked: 472 Times
Default re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gapo View Post
Hi,


I could find nothing but somehow dragged the car home, suspecting a Brake pad isssue again. When I inspected in clear daylight [or whatever the rain allowed] a small part of the under-engine mount cover [ I do not know what this is exactly called ] seems to have give way and is scraping the floor.

Can I replace this ? Seeing that the Civic scrapes the bottom generally at non-regulation speed breakers, is there a better way to replace. Any experience replacing them ? How much does it cost and do you suggest going ahead with Ignite or HASS ?

PS : If photos would help your understanding I can take a snap. Did not attempt it outright because of the persistent rain.

Thanks ! Really appreciate your help
You reached home safe right?
I am guessing its a plastic engine shroud, Shouldn't be very hard to fix, a couple of plastic clips should put it back into place. Or a part of the bumper has broken and is scraping somewhere.
a picture of what exactly is hanging will be helpful.

Does the sound also come when you start the engine or only when the car starts moving?
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2014, 12:29   #5878
Newbie
 
Gapo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 8
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Yup.
Drove really really slow

Sound only comes when I drive the car. Not when the engine is running.

I'm pretty sure it is not the bumper. I just replaced the complete bumper some time ago.
Seems to be a pure physical impact of the cover only.

Pictures attached.
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_3964.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_3965.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_3966.jpg
Gapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2014, 13:10   #5879
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,200
Thanked: 472 Times
Default re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gapo View Post
Yup.
Drove really really slow

Sound only comes when I drive the car. Not when the engine is running.
Seems to be a pure physical impact of the cover only.

Pictures attached.
Attachment 1300371

Attachment 1300372

Attachment 1300373
If the sound comes only when the car moves then its the underbelly plastic that's scraping the ground. I can see the plastic has come off, and it also looks broken. This can be easily fixed with a couple of plastic clips.
Worst case scenario the plastic cover has to be replaced.

Nothing serious.
Take your car to H.a.s.s and ask them to fix/replace this and also check give the area through check for any leaks, damage. (Ac condenser, radiator)
In the meanwhile you could check under the car yourself and see if there is any coolant/oil leaks.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 19th October 2014 at 13:11.
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2014, 14:03   #5880
Newbie
 
Gapo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 8
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Thanks.

Will do that on Monday when HASS is open. I'll update on it when I get it done.
Gapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts gaurav_chopra04 Technical Stuff 1155 5th December 2016 21:02
Effective Resume/CV creation ,dos and donts ,suggestions . black12rr Shifting gears 29 26th April 2011 00:55
Darjeeling, Siliguri, Kalimpong - Must see and must eat? romyeo4u Route / Travel Queries 2 15th October 2008 22:06


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks