Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2015, 22:02   #6886
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Delhi
Posts: 112
Thanked: 100 Times
Default Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Hi Metallicar,

I am also planning to get a Civic. I don't think there was a screen offered in any of the Civics. However for V variant you can distinguish by looking at the fog lamps. The Fog lamps were oval shaped in facelifted one. Apart from that the grill is different in both the variants. If you look at the rear the tail lights in the facelifted one are hexagonal in shape and round on the prefacelifted one. On the inside the facelifted one had cruise control switches in both the variants on the steering wheel and an option for USB. And the top of the line model had got a sunroof sometime in 2011. Hope these pointers help. And best of luck for your search.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
With respect to the music system the only differences are that the pre-facelift model (models manufactured before Nov-Dec 2009) had a 6 CD changer while the face-lifted model did away with that and upgraded the system for mp3 compatibility. Another addition the face-lifted version was the inclusion of a USB port and the AUX. Hope this helps.
Can you tell me whether the screen in the picture attached has been sourced from outside ? It looks so well fitted that I thought the newer models of 2011-2013 came with it.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Metallicar : 28th September 2015 at 22:06. Reason: Forgot attachment
Metallicar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2015, 01:07   #6887
BHPian
 
nik0502's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Gurgaon/Jind
Posts: 243
Thanked: 89 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post
Can you tell me whether the screen in the picture attached has been sourced from outside ? It looks so well fitted that I thought the newer models of 2011-2013 came with it.
Looks to be an aftermarket unit. There are bezels available in the market for almost every car.

nIk
nik0502 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2015, 15:05   #6888
Senior - BHPian
 
rr_zen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 1,695
Thanked: 238 Times
Default Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post
Can you tell me whether the screen in the picture attached has been sourced from outside ? It looks so well fitted that I thought the newer models of 2011-2013 came with it.
This is certainly not OE and is an after-market one.
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2015, 15:26   #6889
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 2,948
Thanked: 2,841 Times
Default Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
With respect to the music system the only differences are that the pre-facelift model (models manufactured before Nov-Dec 2009) had a 6 CD changer while the face-lifted model did away with that and upgraded the system for mp3 compatibility. Another addition the face-lifted version was the inclusion of a USB port and the AUX. Hope this helps.
All in agreement with your post except the fact that even the pre-2009 car's ICE came with MP3 compatibility. In short, the pre-2009 car had a 6 CD changer with MP3/ WMA compatibility.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2015, 15:29   #6890
Senior - BHPian
 
rr_zen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 1,695
Thanked: 238 Times
Default Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
All in agreement with your post except the fact that even the pre-2009 car's ICE came with MP3 compatibility. In short, the pre-2009 car had a 6 CD changer with MP3/ WMA compatibility.

Regards,
Saket
This is news to me. But AFAIK the pre facelift version didnt have MP3 functionality. If what you have stated is correct, I stand corrected.
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2015, 15:34   #6891
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,616
Thanked: 1,129 Times
Default Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
This is news to me. But AFAIK the pre facelift version didnt have MP3 functionality. If what you have stated is correct, I stand corrected.
My 2007 Civic plays MP3 CDs quite nicely. In fact, those are the only kind of CDs that I have now. :-)
binand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2015, 17:27   #6892
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 2,948
Thanked: 2,841 Times
Default Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
This is news to me. But AFAIK the pre facelift version didnt have MP3 functionality. If what you have stated is correct, I stand corrected.
Speaking from my personal experience with my ' 07 car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
My 2007 Civic plays MP3 CDs quite nicely. In fact, those are the only kind of CDs that I have now. :-)
Same here. Most of CDs in my car are MP3s as well.

Regards,
Saket.
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2015, 20:58   #6893
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 71
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

I got it from a parts dealer in Chandigarh. You could also try your local parts dealers or even try contacting Roulunds from their websites to find out their authorized dealers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Any inputs on where to source it from?
joshiviv is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2015, 02:45   #6894
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 21
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

So i have been experiencing a fair amount of lag in my 2008 Civic VAT when i accelerate. The acceleration seems a bit strained and the car dosent feel as eager to dart forward like it did earlier. What could be the problem?
parthkhatau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2015, 08:58   #6895
BHPian
 
srsriharsha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 87
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

My 2008 system has a 6 CD changer and also an aux port built in
srsriharsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2015, 09:50   #6896
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 6,639
Thanked: 3,056 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthkhatau View Post
So i have been experiencing a fair amount of lag in my 2008 Civic VAT when i accelerate. The acceleration seems a bit strained and the car dosent feel as eager to dart forward like it did earlier. What could be the problem?
I suggest you put a petrol additive in. Also, I think all Honda ATs are plagued by the lag. The S mode may reduce the lag - please test that out!
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2015, 10:48   #6897
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 21
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Yes I have driven in S mode often but obviously that sips a lot more petrol.
I was wondering if it could be an issue with the fuel injector ( it may just need cleaning) or the battery or spark plugs . What do you think?
parthkhatau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2015, 18:10   #6898
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 6,639
Thanked: 3,056 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthkhatau View Post
Yes I have driven in S mode often but obviously that sips a lot more petrol.
I was wondering if it could be an issue with the fuel injector ( it may just need cleaning) or the battery or spark plugs . What do you think?
If the lag is not that much in the S-mode then it is the nature of the beast. I have an AT in my Brio based on the Civic/City AT (non-CVT) and found the same problem. Then my son (docanurag) pointed out that this is common to the Honda AT. Also, D3 reduced the lag very significantly. So the suggestion was more the establish whether the lag is due to the nature of the AT or something else.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2015, 00:50   #6899
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 71
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Thanks for the suggestion, never done this with my petrol cars before. Any additives that you would suggest?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I suggest you put a petrol additive in. Also, I think all Honda ATs are plagued by the lag. The S mode may reduce the lag - please test that out!
joshiviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2015, 10:11   #6900
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 6,639
Thanked: 3,056 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshiviv View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, never done this with my petrol cars before. Any additives that you would suggest?
I use System G every half a dozen tankfuls or so. IOC have their own which should be equally good.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts gaurav_chopra04 Technical Stuff 1156 7th December 2016 09:12
Effective Resume/CV creation ,dos and donts ,suggestions . black12rr Shifting gears 29 26th April 2011 00:55
Darjeeling, Siliguri, Kalimpong - Must see and must eat? romyeo4u Route / Travel Queries 2 15th October 2008 22:06


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:08.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks