Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2008, 18:00   #61
BHPian
 
Swifty2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 236
Thanked: Once
Default

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT SPAM the forum. One-liners that add absolutely no value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to visit our board rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 12th November 2008 at 10:38.
Swifty2008 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 19th December 2008, 11:52   #62
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,629
Thanked: 445 Times
Default Honda Civic Oil Change

Hey Guys,
Just came back from the second free service. Went to the other service station this time. They have done a much better job this time. The staff was courteous and were more professional this time round.

The Service had no oil change, and only comprised of a basic check up. The problem with the Steering making sounds which was not fixed at the first service, even though i took it back a second time after the first service. Was fixed this time round, and was satisfied after taking a test drive. The Vacuuming was done very well, but the same cannot be said for the cleaning of the body. There was a small scratch on the front left fender, which was done when a cyclewalla tried to squeeze through in some tight traffic. This was touched up by them at no extra cost. Some marks on the leather seats were not removed. which was promptly cleaned up after I pointed it out. This is where I was really impressed by Honda Service Station,the person who came to clean up the leather seats was mute (could not speak) I think that by hiring people with difficulties, we are encouraging them, and I am happy that they are doing so.

Overall I was very happy with my servicing experience this time.

I was told that the oil would be changed on the third service like many of you have also been told. Although i was informed that the Honda Civic, Accord and CRV use Synthetic oil, and that the cost to replace the same would be around Rs. 2,200/- Can anyone please confirm this. And so should we use Synthetic oil or could we use Mineral Oil?

Thats all for now. Happy Motoring.

Regards

Mash
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2008, 12:57   #63
Senior - BHPian
 
ImmortalZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,124
Thanked: 82 Times
Default

No, none of the Hondas use synthetic by default. I've seen a change to synthetic advocated only after 15K KMs. Until then, use normal mineral oil. Don't buy anything of their recommendation.

Check the forums for which is the best and what grade, buy from outside (showroom prices are daylight robbery) and ask them to fill up. Make sure you go through the threads in the Advice forums so you are prepared.

If you want to know what exactly they do each service (or rather, what exactly they are supposed to do), check the warranty booklet.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2008, 14:51   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,350
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Did my 20K service last week.

I was recommended to use synthetic oil for the 20K change. He said if I want he can still use mineral oil, but he recommened synthetic as it would be better. So I chose the same. Cost around 2099 i think. Oil filter and Air filter were also changed. Air filter costs around 700 bucks.

I'll have the costs put up along with a 20k review later.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2008, 18:28   #65
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,547
Thanked: 5,815 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Did my 20K service last week.

I was recommended to use synthetic oil for the 20K change. He said if I want he can still use mineral oil, but he recommened synthetic as it would be better. So I chose the same. Cost around 2099 i think. Oil filter and Air filter were also changed. Air filter costs around 700 bucks.

I'll have the costs put up along with a 20k review later.
Which service center was this? Dakshin Honda guy did not tell me anything for my 20K service.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2008, 19:23   #66
Senior - BHPian
 
ImmortalZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,124
Thanked: 82 Times
Default

Some service centers will advocate synthetics, some won't. Just like some say that you can rip your car straight out of the dealer lot without any running in.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2008, 19:40   #67
Sha
BHPian
 
Sha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canberra
Posts: 539
Thanked: Once
Default

Synthetic oil or mineral oil civic engine is gem. I changed to synthetic oil at 50k and I have driven about 10k with synthetic oil still i am figuring out difference in engine performance, i just went with mechanic words thats why i changed otherwise i would stick with mineral oil.
Sha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2008, 21:37   #68
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 227
Thanked: 3 Times
Default fender hit - Rs 25k gone

I had an accident couple of weeks back. An alto hit my left fender (near to headlamp). It was a hit & run case. Though I got his reg number, I didn't go to police as its not going to make any difference.

Headlamp was not hit, and dent was small. Sundaram Honda gave me an estimate of Rs 7k. Repain fender (5k) and left side of bumper (2k). I decided to go for insurance, HDFC.

I got shock of my life when I saw the actual biil. Rs 25k. They have replaced the headlamp, as one of its backside clip seems to be broken. They replaced the fender, as curves in fender make it difficult to repair.

New Fender - 5k
Fender Painting - 5k
New headlamp (one lhs unit) - 11k
Painting, bumper (left side) - 2k
Misc - remaining

I got insurance approved only for Rs 15k, and I have to pay rs 10.5k.

The most funny part is, Honda never called me to inform that they have to replace headlamp, fender etc.

Now I have some sound coming from dashboard, and they have to remove dashboard to fix it. !!!

Screw you honda dealers..
swageo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2008, 21:46   #69
Senior - BHPian
 
ImmortalZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,124
Thanked: 82 Times
Default

I can confirm the fender is tough to repair. I had to get a dent off mine and they didn't get the curve right at the point where it meets the front bumper. Oh yeah, they screwed up the paint job royally too.

Commiserations.

Should trace the Alto guy and do something bad to him (or extort the money from him. Or both.)
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2008, 23:46   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,350
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Thats sad. They are not supposed to do any work on the car other than what was told to you. They should have informed you over the fone and taken your approval.

I never had that kind of problem with my dealer so far.

Another thing that I notice is the level and type of service you get depends largely on the service engineer who interacts with you. I've got 1 bad one and after that I insisted on the a couple of guys whom I know. These guys know what they are talking and I can see the car better off for it.

I deal with Whitefield Honda in Bangalore.

I don't yet know the difference between the 2 oils as I've driven very far or long after that. Anyways the diff in price is 1.2K and if I don't see any difference I'll probably switch back to mineral oil for the 30K service.

Note: I've not put up the 20K review as I have another 300 kms or so to get to that level :-)
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 00:10   #71
BHPian
 
ecclipse78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 319
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
I had an accident couple of weeks back. An alto hit my left fender (near to headlamp). It was a hit & run case. Though I got his reg number, I didn't go to police as its not going to make any difference.

Headlamp was not hit, and dent was small. Sundaram Honda gave me an estimate of Rs 7k. Repain fender (5k) and left side of bumper (2k). I decided to go for insurance, HDFC.

I got shock of my life when I saw the actual biil. Rs 25k. They have replaced the headlamp, as one of its backside clip seems to be broken. They replaced the fender, as curves in fender make it difficult to repair.

New Fender - 5k
Fender Painting - 5k
New headlamp (one lhs unit) - 11k
Painting, bumper (left side) - 2k
Misc - remaining

I got insurance approved only for Rs 15k, and I have to pay rs 10.5k.

The most funny part is, Honda never called me to inform that they have to replace headlamp, fender etc.

Now I have some sound coming from dashboard, and they have to remove dashboard to fix it. !!!

Screw you honda dealers..

Sundaram Honda is hopeless......try Capital Honda next time; they are way better in service and repair jobs.
ecclipse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 00:31   #72
Senior - BHPian
 
m4ugr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 122 Times
Default

Honda service is not that great. I make it a point to stay with the car. The way these maniacs drive the car in the service area is horrifying. And when you have a car like mine which has so many aftermarket stuff. Leaving the car with them is inviting trouble for me. My 10K free service is due in short time, ODO reads 9400. Will post details on that once its done

Happened with a friend of mine with his CRV. Gave his car for servicing. Was fitted with a K&N Short Ram Intake, after the servicing he found the filter completely destroyed, it had shrunken to 50% of its size. Reason: While washing the engine bay, They had covered the filter, But after it was over they forgot to take the cover off, So drove the car in the service area with the cover on.
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 10:41   #73
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 227
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

My bad, it was Capital Honda and not Sundaram Honda.

Some more on this experience. They put a new fender and painted it. But after couple of days, I have noticed a very dull grey patch on it. I took my car back to them, and they repainted it again. According to them, it was some stain. Hu.. Not convincing at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
I can confirm the fender is tough to repair. I had to get a dent off mine and they didn't get the curve right at the point where it meets the front bumper. Oh yeah, they screwed up the paint job royally too.

Commiserations.

Should trace the Alto guy and do something bad to him (or extort the money from him. Or both.)
Yea, mine was too close to bumper and headlight.

Should have hired some locals and stone at that Alto guy :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Thats sad. They are not supposed to do any work on the car other than what was told to you. They should have informed you over the fone and taken your approval.

I never had that kind of problem with my dealer so far.

Another thing that I notice is the level and type of service you get depends largely on the service engineer who interacts with you. I've got 1 bad one and after that I insisted on the a couple of guys whom I know. These guys know what they are talking and I can see the car better off for it.

I deal with Whitefield Honda in Bangalore.
It seems the service adviser who "served" me was on leave next day, some one could inform me about the progress. I too was busy, and couldn't followup..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecclipse78 View Post
Sundaram Honda is hopeless......try Capital Honda next time; they are way better in service and repair jobs.
It was Capital Honda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Honda service is not that great. I make it a point to stay with the car. The way these maniacs drive the car in the service area is horrifying. And when you have a car like mine which has so many aftermarket stuff. Leaving the car with them is inviting trouble for me. My 10K free service is due in short time, ODO reads 9400. Will post details on that once its done
Do they allow you to stay with the car in their service area ?
swageo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 11:13   #74
BHPian
 
vikram18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: pune
Posts: 615
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Hey Guys,
Just came back from the second free service. Went to the other service station this time.
As far as I know, there is only ONE operational Honda service station in Pune. Where did you go?

When I went to Deccan Honda, I found them pretty much clueless about the cars they sell. I got my first service done from Ichibaan in Mumbai and have been getting it serviced outside ever since.

As for the oil change, stick to mineral for the first 10K kms at least. You can change to synthetic after that; I have.
vikram18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 16:43   #75
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,629
Thanked: 445 Times
Default Service Station

Hey Vikram,

Deccan Honda has two service station in Pune. One is in Dhankawdi which is the original one, when the company started. and the other one is in Pimpri.

Rumour has it that a lot of the experienced staff from the Dhankawdi service centre have shifted to the pimpri facility. I can't confirm on this. but one thing I can say for sure. The quality of work and overall experience that I had with the Pimpri bunch. Did leave me satisfied.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts gaurav_chopra04 Technical Stuff 1157 9th December 2016 20:05
Effective Resume/CV creation ,dos and donts ,suggestions . black12rr Shifting gears 29 26th April 2011 00:55
Darjeeling, Siliguri, Kalimpong - Must see and must eat? romyeo4u Route / Travel Queries 2 15th October 2008 22:06


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:52.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks