Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2008, 23:28   #16
BHPian
 
GTO - Touring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 713
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Wow! Not only am I amazed at your M1000 lasting nearly 5.0 lac kms, but also at the fact that you covered that distance in 15 years. Thats about a consistent 30+ grand km a year.....and if you managed to maintain that high mileage in the last couple of years, I'd be curious to know how she held up toward the end in terms of reliability. How many engine rebuilds did she go through?

A picture of the odometer would be nice. I think this is a record of sorts on Team-BHP!
GTO - Touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 00:21   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: thane
Posts: 741
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

woow!!

nice reviev porus.
straight from the heart.
i bet you have writtten a few things more than you would have liked to write.
so how much did they give you for your beast and how much did you give way back in 1993?
shantyrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 00:33   #18
BHPian
 
noidaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Noida
Posts: 994
Thanked: 260 Times
Default

Graciously written,straight from the heart.You really loved her.
Post some pic's
noidaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 01:57   #19
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,156
Thanked: 2,461 Times
Default Long term review

Wow that is a real long term review or what?

Would be interesting to learn how many times the engine was overhauled.

I presume there was a lot of highway driving which is infinately better for the engine, clutch and brakes in general for the life of a car.

Yet 4.85L kms in India deserves an award from Mauti.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 10:15   #20
BHPian
 
sridhga's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 179
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Aha .. Finally one real long term review. Bring the story on...
sridhga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 11:43   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,038
Thanked: 681 Times
Default

Amazing is the only way to describe your experience. Nearly 5 lac kms in a 15 year period is amazing. Thats like 32k per year or about 88kms per day. Looks like you've spent loads on petrol dude.

Do post a longish review of the service costs and the kind of engine work that you've had to do.

Just out of curiousity, which car have you purchased now as a replacement?
Lalvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 12:15   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Fantastic journey in a beautiful car. When i made the transition from a 118 NE to the M-1000, it felt like the most luxurious car in the world. I cannot forget those great moments in my M-1000. A little underpowered but.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
A picture of the odometer would be nice. I think this is a record of sorts on Team-BHP!
You wouldn't see the 6th digit.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 16:20   #23
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sydney/Cochin
Posts: 289
Thanked: 154 Times
Default

4,85,000 km !!! Kudos to Suzuki and Porus alike, for building it and keeping it !!
Such a long en life is usually seen in trucks and buses only. Now-a-days people feel their car is old before crossing 100k kms. But 485 k is just Unbelievable !!!
Joe M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 12:06   #24
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 57
Thanked: Once
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Amazing is the only way to describe your experience. Nearly 5 lac kms in a 15 year period is amazing. Thats like 32k per year or about 88kms per day. Looks like you've spent loads on petrol dude.

Do post a longish review of the service costs and the kind of engine work that you've had to do.

Just out of curiousity, which car have you purchased now as a replacement?

Thanks, I am a bawaji, if it helps digest the long term period .
The new purchase is a Maruti Zen Estillo Sports

You are read about the new purchase here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...xi-sports.html (Maruti Zen Estillo LXI Sports)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhga View Post
Aha .. Finally one real long term review. Bring the story on...
Check the link above

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Wow! Not only am I amazed at your M1000 lasting nearly 5.0 lac kms, but also at the fact that you covered that distance in 15 years. Thats about a consistent 30+ grand km a year.....and if you managed to maintain that high mileage in the last couple of years, I'd be curious to know how she held up toward the end in terms of reliability. How many engine rebuilds did she go through?
A picture of the odometer would be nice. I think this is a record of sorts on Team-BHP!

Engine opened once last year. Sorry no pics of odometer available.



Quote:
Originally Posted by spetnaz View Post
Holy heavens. An Indian car can do this much? I never thought so.

Now, now, how long would cars of the new age {these days} last? :-|
Spetnaz, I agree today's cars are not as good as the good old days then, but i still am a die hard fan of maruti and a few foreign brands ( heard about them since old days) Audi seems to be my favourite on these, not bmw nor mercedes please, they would guarantee have quality issues here. But that a new story/rave/rant all together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
4,85,000 km !!! Kudos to Suzuki and Porus alike, for building it and keeping it !!
Such a long en life is usually seen in trucks and buses only. Now-a-days people feel their car is old before crossing 100k kms. But 485 k is just Unbelievable !!!
Thank You, commented above on the unbelievable part.
Porus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 15:11   #25
BHPian
 
loving_alaap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 808
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Hi, that a great car!

Must have to see multiple pics!

U seems to be a real car lover & it seems that you have loved & maintained d car from bottom of your heart.
loving_alaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 16:19   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,175
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Wow, you really are a wise and patient guy to have driven 4.85 lakh on one car. That must be amongst the all time record, worldwide???.
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 16:48   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
DieselFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,570
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Hi Porus,

This is amazing. Can you give some details on the kind of service expense you incurred, where did you do the maintenance (MASS or any other garage?) and how did you source its components?
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 16:49   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
DieselFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,570
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Wow, you really are a wise and patient guy to have driven 4.85 lakh on one car. That must be amongst the all time record, worldwide???.
No way. People have traveled over 2 Million (Yes million ) miles in VW cars.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 17:52   #29
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 270
Thanked: 21 Times
Default XXL long term Review Required

Congratulations for keeping the original M1000 till date. This also calls for a much aviated & much requested Extra-Extra Long review with your obedient beast.

As a Bawa you have loved your car . You would have made many memorable long drives and every scratch would be stored in your memory.

As members we are eager to hear all those Smiling moments with experience of departing with it.
shabahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 16:05   #30
BHPian
 
abhijeetsng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 339
Thanked: 142 Times
Default

Amazing dude... 485K kms. simply amazing.
I can understand it would be really very difficult for you after parting with your beast.
Hey, do tell me, for how much did you sell your M1000?

and ya, congrats for your new ride!


PS: Back home I also have a Maruti 800 a 1986 model. Neatly kept. I just love the car.
abhijeetsng is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti 800 Nostalgia (1984-1991) anjan_c2007 The Indian Car Scene 55 24th July 2017 16:06
Scorpio CRDe @ 70,000 kms! 5,000 of Agony & 65,000 of bliss smats Long-Term Ownership Reviews 17 8th May 2010 17:37
Modify Maruti 800 STD AC Jan 1991 (White) into 2002 model vinfriend Modifications & Accessories 13 23rd May 2009 11:40
Is it advisable to travel about 700 Kms to/fro after 1000 Kms before first service? TrueDreamer Route / Travel Queries 14 16th April 2008 21:42


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:14.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks