Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 27th July 2011, 16:12   #46
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajid33
Guys my time is running out , if any vRS owners can help me here please ? I'm saying this because i just got a call from the owner that someone else is also interested in that car and wants to make a deal lightning fast !!
sajid, you should have created a new thread instead of posting your query in a ownership thread.

My advice dont just rush in. Get it throughy checked at A.S.S and verify all service records. Vrs is expensive to maintain and 54k it is due for timing kit change too.
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 16:41   #47
BHPian

Default Re: Totally Obsessed - The Skoda Octavia vRS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
sajid, you should have created a new thread instead of posting your query in a ownership thread.

My advice dont just rush in. Get it throughy checked at A.S.S and verify all service records. Vrs is expensive to maintain and 54k it is due for timing kit change too.
Sorry Bro , my bad , can mods please take some pain and do the needful here ? actually i live outside delhi and even spotting a vRS outside delhi is very difficult , leave alone getting some offers , so i'm restless , was searching online for some vRS cars in delhi and shortlisted three , and on my next visit to delhi after 5 -6 days , to my surprise , all three car owners told me that the cars were sold ! ( within a week ) !! so when i came across this deal , it started a fight between my heart and my brain , you are absolutely right , i must get it checked at the A.S.S. but i fear , the seller might get upset and kick the deal to the other guy waiting in line !
sajid33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 09:05   #48
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajid33 View Post
Sorry Bro , my bad , can mods please take some pain and do the needful here ? actually i live outside delhi and even spotting a vRS outside delhi is very difficult , leave alone getting some offers , so i'm restless , was searching online for some vRS cars in delhi and shortlisted three , and on my next visit to delhi after 5 -6 days , to my surprise , all three car owners told me that the cars were sold ! ( within a week ) !! so when i came across this deal , it started a fight between my heart and my brain , you are absolutely right , i must get it checked at the A.S.S. but i fear , the seller might get upset and kick the deal to the other guy waiting in line !
What i mean by get it checked at A.S.S. is verify all service records, take a feedback from that service center. Get a through visual inspection at the sellers site with a competent mechanic for under body damage, suspensions and check all electricals, headlights, sun roof, AC ect.
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2011, 14:15   #49
BHPian

As has been suggested, check the service history to determine whether the car required heavy or routine maintenance.

At 54K kms, the vRS will require (if not already done):
1. Timing belt and water pump replacement
2. new shock-absorbers (unless the previous owner had babied it always)
3. perhaps a new clutch (in 2nd gear, if you floor it, you should feel the front wheels lose some grip and spin - then your clutch is good.)
All these repairs are expensive. But then, even if you have to spend a couple of lacs to get the car in tip-top shape, you will have a most enjoyable car in your hands, for under 7 lacs.
Bomi is offline   Reply With Quote