| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|30th April 2009, 19:38||#16|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Alleppey, Kerala
Thanked: 12 Times
|22nd February 2010, 20:14||#17|
62K kms Report - Almost 4 years completed
The car is going to complete 4 years on 9th March'10. Still going strong and has covered 62k kms. Updates since last post:
1) 2 regular services done at 55k and 60k kms. Have stopped going to TASS as don't have the time to spare. Now, getting it serviced at a service station in Noida which is open on Sundays as well. The station was near my office, so I could drop the car in the morning and pick-up in the evening. Now have shifted to another company in Delhi (All Saturdays working), so will figure out something for next service.
2) A/C airflow direction knob was not functioning, has just recently got it done from a TASS in the suburbs - required some cleaning and greasing.
3) A relay from the relay box in the front passenger footwell area came loose and headlights had stopped working. Got it fixed properly. Must have come loose over time going over bumps and potholes.
4) Recently the battery conked off. The Exide O.E. was about to complete four years in the next few days. Had got it checked earlier and one cell was weak, but was cranking fine. Finally, one morning it failed to start. Was planning on a Tata Green or Amaron battery, but before I could, my father got a SF Sonic 65 Ah battery installed and it costed Rs.3500.
5) A black Audi A6 had bumped into the RHS rear door at a right angle – the driver was coming the wrong side of a guided U-turn and I was going straight. He seemed to be waiting and then suddenly the car lunged forward and dented the right rear passenger door. Had to reach in time for some training and saw it was only the driver inside the Audi – no point in wasting time with a driver in rush hour, so let it go. Have got the dent superficially repaired during service.
5) Next major expense are the tyres, that will be due for replacement sometime later.
|23rd February 2010, 18:40||#18|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: May 2004
Thanked: 67 Times
Which service station in Noida were you using? The stock exide on my 3.5 year old Xeta is still going strong after 62K kms.
|5th July 2010, 22:35||#20|
63450kms Unscheduled service
3-5Jul'10 Update 63422kms
- Car didn't crank the first time around Saturday evening at office - "Check Engine" light comes on in the instrument cluster. Did crank the second time after a long crank
- Battery fine as recently changed
- Monday morning service scheduled with Autolinks (did not want to risk outside service for what seemed like could be serious trouble)
- Monday morning car starts after four cranks
- Culprit --> Glowplugs
- Got clutch cable also changed as pedal was not releasing smoothly (had got clutch work done from outside, so maybe cable not original)
- Engine de-carbonising and flushing done for the first time
- Gearbox cleaning and flushing also done for the first time
- Wipers changed as monsoons are here
- Got servicing also done early incl engine oil change - most expensive so far (9k)
- Ironically most satisfying service as well - Smooth engine, smooth clutch, smooth gears, swish wipers
- A/C thumbs up from service guy (A couple of people have mentioned recently it is a chiller and I even have to lower the thermostat sometimes during mild afternoons and definitely in the evening)
- A/C re-circulating knob again acting up – but didn’t want to open another front, so left it in this service
- per km cost (incl servicing and fuel cost) increases to Rs0.57/km
- Hopefully will clock till 70k without any more service expenses and rein in the per km cost again. In know Rs0.57/km is a pittance but nonetheless i'm a bit finicky.
Recent service history attached
Last edited by jessie007 : 5th July 2010 at 22:37.
|6th July 2010, 10:40||#21|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Nov 2009
Thanked: 160 Times
Nice Review. I always wanted to own a TDI version Indigo, and still I am looking to buy a used one for me. Looking at the maintenances cost is merely considerable. I am now damn straight in buying the one for me. Looking for a used one.
|7th July 2010, 11:54||#22|
The throttle response of the car has improved quite a lot after servicing. Can't really say about the pick-up, but feel acceleration with each small increment in the accelerator pedal - so improved throttle response would be the correct interpretation. Am posting after driving for two days as wanted to be sure that it is not just a psychological impression but in reality there is some improvement. So I guess engine de-carbonizing & flushing has some perceptible positive impact.
|29th August 2010, 12:20||#23|
Versatility of the car - Was able to fit a full-fledged mountain bike inside, after flipping the rear seat twice. The boot also closed quite comfortably. My aunty had got the cycle in an Optra, but the bootlid didn't close and the cycle had to be tied down. - possible that it was not kept properly. Anyhow the Indigo is quite spacious sedan. Second image is from the middle row and can see the dicky closed at the back.
|12th July 2011, 14:30||#24|
Re: Tata Indigo TDi 63,500 kms report
The saga of my plain Jane but dependable Indigo is over. Completed just over five years with it and have sold it to a fellow Bhpian (dormant) only. Will miss the dependable, easy and cheap to maintain, spacious oil burner.
Affair with le Bleu starts now
Mods please close this thread.
Last edited by GTO : 15th July 2011 at 23:41. Reason: Removing FONT Tags. Please don't cut-copy-paste from other word softwares
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Figo TDCi EXi vs Indigo CS LX TDi. Update: Its the Indigo.||vivekgk||What Car?||32||22nd November 2010 21:59|
|Indigo CS TDI - Running Report 1000 kms||kumargandharva||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||22||29th March 2010 21:47|
|Tata Indigo TDi - 22000 kms EDIT 30000km update||lalith_ka||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||22||28th March 2008 11:18|