Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 27th July 2009, 13:06   #211
BHPian

Default TDed TDCI

[quote=Proxima;1397422]Drive them at higher speeds. That's the best way to find out.

Did TD the TDCI. The guy from Metro Ford came over on Sunday Morning. Took the doddabalapur road (My ancestral house is in Yelahanka). Was happy with the performance. There was a little vibration felt on the steering b/w 110-120 kmph and then after 120 it was fine again. But nothing major in the cabin. So for me it wasnt much of an issue. Am looking forward to booking my TDCI this week. I drive quite a bit(above 1000 kms /month) and mileage was a criteria but getting a 3 box for a price of a hatch why not?
athalaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 21:19   #212
Senior - BHPian

condor all you need to do to make your car look better is a body side moulding . you will see sea of a change ,try it
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 00:33   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
athalaga : Am looking forward to booking my TDCI this week. .... getting a 3 box for a price of a hatch why not?
@Athalaga, welcome to the club ! The price is just one of the advantages of this car.

Quote:
joshguy : condor all you need to do to make your car look better is a body side moulding . you will see sea of a change ,try it
@Joshguy, I hear ya .. am drawn to the side mouldings .
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 14:38   #214
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Angry Brake and Reverse gear noise

@Proxima and @Condor:

I have a ikon TDCi and its been nearly 4 months with 1st service done and current ODO at 4k+.

But just befor the 1st service, I had experience squeaking noise when I apply the brakes (but this was the case when I take out the car after a long park time i.e. in the morning and after office hours). It felt as if I am driving an old car whenever that sound appeared. During the first service, i mentioned the problem and afetr the service, it seemed that the problem is resolved. But yet again sinc last 3 days, the squeaking noise has come back. I really dont know if this is normal or only in my case.

"Advice from Metro Ford" : I talked to metro ford service advisor Mr. Rabio, and he suggeseted I leave the car overnight at service centre, and then the engineers will check themselves in the morning.

Anyone here please let me know if i should be leaving my car at service centre overnight? (I am pretty sceptical about leaving the baby away from me at someone lse's hand. [:(]. I dont even give my keys to the valet parking guys. I always park it myself [] I know that sounds little funny... but)
catchvinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 12:11   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
greenhorn : try blackening the bar that runs across the grille , and holds the number plate , like in the 1.6S
benbsb29 : Go through his post again, and you can see there is something he's planning. Lets wait and watch.
Tried stickering that section behind the number plate. Stickering does not work. Will need to be painted.
Old 19th August 2009, 15:52   #216
Senior - BHPian

Default Ikon TDCI iKool Launched

As most of us are aware, the new Ikon iKool has been launched with the rear spoiler, inbuilt sound system, central locking, seat covers and the famous side beading, but it costs 20k more than the regular version. Do you Ikon TDCI owners think it is worth the extra price?
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 17:16   #217
BHPian

Have you seen the ikool ? I suspect the ICE and seat cover quality that is provided.

And is it 2DIN that is offered ?
2theMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 18:10   #218
Senior - BHPian

Default Nope, not yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
Have you seen the ikool ? I suspect the ICE and seat cover quality that is provided.

And is it 2DIN that is offered ?
I haven't seen it but have called for a test drive this weekend. I will check it out then and update my views on it. I m pretty sure it is not a 2 DIN though.
Old 19th August 2009, 18:22   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
I did 145 last week, no problemo.
What's the max you would do with AC on ?
2theMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 21:29   #220
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
As most of us are aware, the new Ikon iKool has been launched with the rear spoiler, inbuilt sound system, central locking, seat covers and the famous side beading, but it costs 20k more than the regular version. Do you Ikon TDCI owners think it is worth the extra price?
Devdath, the Ikons earlier had an accessories package callled the Blast Pack, which came with all these accessories except the spoiler. It was available at Rs.20,000/- and i have the same on my car.

The music system is not 2DIN and is a Kenwood playing MP3s. Between, the Ikon comes with central locking as standard, so i guess you are referring to the remote locking. On the Blast Pack, it was an Autocop Cobra which was provided. If you do not have great expectations from the ICE, this should suffice. Condor has had a demo of the sound quality, and he could provide his inputs.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 10:56   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Devdath, the Ikons earlier had an accessories package callled the Blast Pack, which came with all these accessories except the spoiler. It was available at Rs.20,000/- and i have the same on my car.

Condor has had a demo of the sound quality, and he could provide his inputs.
So, would you recommend buying the iKool or the the normal TDCI and then go ahead with the upgradation? I really like the rear spoiler on the Ikon.

Condor, your inputs on the ICE quality please....
Old 24th August 2009, 12:49   #222
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default @devadath

I happened to see the new ikool in flesh in hubli on staurday. I was intimated that its costs 17K extra. Well the first impression was WOW!!! nice seat covers, it includes remote locking, spoilers and musice system. I feeels its still worrth in terms of factory fitted spoilers remote key and seat covers. But since the kenwood HU is an old model and the front speakers are 4" coaxial is not something I would have preferred for ICE. And I believe the factory fittings for remote locking + seat covers + spoilers (as a post delivery) will ultimately turnout to be more than 17K. As for the ICE, I thought If I was buying the ikool version I would try to sell the ICE setup in excange for the ICE of my choice.

Well, thats all about IMO I would suggest you find out more about individual prices of the fittings covered in ikool and then go see the ikool in flesh and take a call.
catchvinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 13:42   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchvinny View Post
I happened to see the new ikool in flesh in hubli on staurday. I was intimated that its costs 17K extra. Well the first impression was WOW!!! nice seat covers, it includes remote locking, spoilers and musice system. I feeels its still worrth in terms of factory fitted spoilers remote key and seat covers. But since the kenwood HU is an old model and the front speakers are 4" coaxial is not something I would have preferred for ICE. And I believe the factory fittings for remote locking + seat covers + spoilers (as a post delivery) will ultimately turnout to be more than 17K. As for the ICE, I thought If I was buying the ikool version I would try to sell the ICE setup in excange for the ICE of my choice.

Well, thats all about IMO I would suggest you find out more about individual prices of the fittings covered in ikool and then go see the ikool in flesh and take a call.

Thanks, I too had a look at the Ikool last weekend and was pretty impressed. The ICE though not very contemporary, was good in sound quality. The seat covers and spoiler too were pretty decent. I asked the salesman what would it cost me to put these things on my own and he said 33000.00. I do not completely believe him and need to double check.

One more thing here. Neither the Ikon nor the Fiesta have under bonnet sound proofing material. Wonder why?? I had initially imagined only the Ikon to be stripped of it due to costs.

Any thoughts people??
Old 24th August 2009, 13:49   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
One more thing here. Neither the Ikon nor the Fiesta have under bonnet sound proofing material. Wonder why?? I had initially imagined only the Ikon to be stripped of it due to costs.

Any thoughts people??
Devdath its so that you can hear the roar of the Rocam engine. Its awesome and really really addictive.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 14:05   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
benbsb29 : The music system is not 2DIN and is a Kenwood playing MP3s. .. If you do not have great expectations from the ICE, this should suffice. Condor has had a demo of the sound quality, and he could provide his inputs.

n.devdath : So, would you recommend buying the iKool or the the normal TDCI and then go ahead with the upgradation? I really like the rear spoiler on the Ikon.

Condor, your inputs on the ICE quality please....
@Devdath, I have listened to Benny's setup, and found it sufficiently good. But since I have not listened to the HU that is being provided in this version, I would not be able to compare the two units.

But like @CatchVinny said, the sum total (retail price-wise) of the components of the ikool version add up to more than the invididual components put together, I suggest you go for the ikool version & then upgrade/swap the HU & speakers if you dont like it. A couple of days listening will help you decide if you want to keep that audio set up or not.

While you like the rear spoiler, that chrome strip above the rear number plate is more than aesthetic : it is very useful when opening the boot. And to top it all, all these things come factory fitted and you will not be at teh mercy of the local fitter.

Last edited by condor : 24th August 2009 at 14:09.