Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 24th August 2009, 14:31   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Devdath, I have listened to Benny's setup, and found it sufficiently good. But since I have not listened to the HU that is being provided in this version, I would not be able to compare the two units.

But like @CatchVinny said, the sum total (retail price-wise) of the components of the ikool version add up to more than the invididual components put together, I suggest you go for the ikool version & then upgrade/swap the HU & speakers if you dont like it. A couple of days listening will help you decide if you want to keep that audio set up or not.

While you like the rear spoiler, that chrome strip above the rear number plate is more than aesthetic : it is very useful when opening the boot. And to top it all, all these things come factory fitted and you will not be at teh mercy of the local fitter.

Thank you for your inputs. I too feel that the components being added are worth their price.
Something which you might already know. The spoiler is not factory fitted. It comes with the car from the factory and is in unpainted condition. It is the responsiblity of the dealer to paint it and fit it onto the car. Same applies for the ICE as well.
I was able to see this happening at the workshop of Lathangi Ford where I had been to last weekend.

This apart, can you please help me on the kind of corporate discount and other discounts that I might be able to bargain for once I decide the purchase date.
n.devdath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 22:18   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

@Devdath, I wasnt aware of the dealer fitment. But we still dont lose on that count.

Reg corp discount, it would be a straight case of asking for company discounts. Ask if they have any discounts for the company you work for. These corporate discounts are time specific. So what's there this month may not be there the next month. So be fast on that part.

And remember to shop around for insurance. To say it again, the premium quoted by Lathangi was higher by about 4k, compared to what I got outside.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 08:37   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Devdath, I wasnt aware of the dealer fitment. But we still dont lose on that count.

Reg corp discount, it would be a straight case of asking for company discounts. Ask if they have any discounts for the company you work for. These corporate discounts are time specific. So what's there this month may not be there the next month. So be fast on that part.

And remember to shop around for insurance. To say it again, the premium quoted by Lathangi was higher by about 4k, compared to what I got outside.
I had also enquired about the alloys that Ford had as an OEM replacement and was informed that they would cost me 18.5k after the rim buy back. Do you feel it is worth the price or do you suggest I look for them outside?
Old 25th August 2009, 08:48   #229
Team-BHP Support

Devdath : Get the alloys from outside. You can get a set of 5 Platis in 13" for about Rs. 15,000/-, which are anyday more better looking.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 09:01   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Devdath : Get the alloys from outside. You can get a set of 5 Platis in 13" for about Rs. 15,000/-, which are anyday more better looking.

I was looking for the 14" alloys and tire upgrade as well. Do you think it would be a big difference in price between the 13" and 14" wheels and tires?
Old 25th August 2009, 14:55   #231
BHPian

My Ikons' just back from her 2nd Service (9000 Kms) and total exp was 1300/- including the lubricants.

The car is a Breeze after the minor Steering problem has been rectified and hydraulics bled.

I have been noticing a hissing sound from under the hood after you stop the car and get out. this probably dies after some time. Not sure if I have noticed this earlier.

Is this normal ? I hate going back to the dealer as it ****s.
2theMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 15:42   #232
JRD
BHPian

Default Need pictures of both the OEM Spoiler types for Ikon

I am about to get an ikon TDci but need to know what the spoilers look like. Dealer has no image or the spoilers to show me. So would appreciate it if some one can share the images if possible.
JRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 15:55   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
My Ikons' just back from her 2nd Service (9000 Kms) and total exp was 1300/- including the lubricants.

The car is a Breeze after the minor Steering problem has been rectified and hydraulics bled.

I have been noticing a hissing sound from under the hood after you stop the car and get out. this probably dies after some time. Not sure if I have noticed this earlier.

Is this normal ? I hate going back to the dealer as it ****s.
Are you sure its not the fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
I am about to get an ikon TDci but need to know what the spoilers look like. Dealer has no image or the spoilers to show me. So would appreciate it if some one can share the images if possible.
check this link

New Ford Ikon photo gallery and price | DWS Auto India

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th March 2011 at 12:13. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
athalaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 16:20   #234
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athalaga View Post
thanks
but this is the full wing design. The ford ikon accesory page says there is another pattern "deck lid wing design"
JRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 12:52   #235
BHPian

Guys, Finally get time to write here. Got my TDCi on the 17th of August from Rajshree ford-coimbatore. Due to an emergency situation at wife's family, been travelling quite a bit (definetly enjoying the drive part) and the odo is at 2650 now. I am finding the following problems:

1. The gear-shift is not as smooth as expected, it is a bit rubbery (especially the 3rd and 4th gears). I changed the oil & filter at 1200 kms (could not change at 1000) as suggested in this forum.

2. There is a tuck-tuck feeling in the PS - i.e at that particular point the PS feels like not engaged. It is just at a particular point in the steering process (I dunno how else to put my problem here - hehehe).

Did any of you have this problem?

Thiyags
thiyags22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 14:32   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

@Thiyags, Congrats on the new drive. And hope things have settled down with the wife's side.

1. Oil change is requried at first service only - 5000km / 6 months. 1 month is not required ..

2. Is the PS sound at neutral position, or at the very end ? Is it only towards left / right ?

Just to clarify, I havent noticed the above problem.
Old 8th September 2009, 14:37   #237
Team-BHP Support

Is this car available over this coming weekend? You know for what.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 14:48   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Pls give me the date /time so I can steal the car from the current users for that duration ..
Old 9th September 2009, 01:26   #239
Ice
BHPian

Guys, I've been driving my dad's Ikon TDCI while the Fiat has been in the garage, and I must say that I am LOVING the car! Its pretty much stock for the moment, but I swapped the bleating OE horn for a Roots Vibrasonic, and bunged in 100/90 W Hellas. Interestingly, even at the highest focus position, I found that I was forced to use the high beams at speeds over 60. So I did a wee bit of manual focusing (courtesy a star-head screw driver) and voila! the perfect balance between dim and bright.

Been getting 18 kmpl on the highways, and 16 in the city. Totally over the moon with these numbers.
Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 13:14   #240
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Is this car available over this coming weekend? You know for what.
Parwath, you're Ikon seems to be quite fortunate.
Will be looking forward to the 'you know what'.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote