Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 9th September 2009, 13:59   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Thiyags, Congrats on the new drive. And hope things have settled down with the wife's side.

1. Oil change is requried at first service only - 5000km / 6 months. 1 month is not required ..

2. Is the PS sound at neutral position, or at the very end ? Is it only towards left / right ?

Just to clarify, I havent noticed the above problem.
Thanks for asking, things are better now.

The sound or feeling of dis-engagement is neither on neutral position nor end. It is when I turn towards left or coming back to neutral from left.

One more problem I noticed is that the left back door does not open always after remote unlocking. The service center guy says it is remote key problem and Autocop guy says door problem. Need to make these two talk to each other and resolve it.

Thiyags
thiyags22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 14:12   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

@Thiyags, did your front left wheel hit any pot-hole / stone (esp at higher speeds) ?

Reg the left back door, it should be a central locking problem. THe remote only activates the central locking from a distance. The remote cannot by itself open the door. Ask the service guy if there are separate buttons on the remote for each door, .. then may be his logic can apply.

Is this with Lathangi ? Who's the service advisor ?
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 14:24   #243
BHPian

Quote:
@Thiyags, did your front left wheel hit any pot-hole / stone (esp at higher speeds) ?

Reg the left back door, it should be a central locking problem. THe remote only activates the central locking from a distance. The remote cannot by itself open the door. Ask the service guy if there are separate buttons on the remote for each door, .. then may be his logic can apply.

Is this with Lathangi ? Who's the service advisor ?
I have been very careful while driving (Maintain new car syndrome) and most of my mileage has been on the highways and I have not hit any pot-hole. The issue seems to be PS issues only.

Regarding the remote, there are only three buttons (one to lock, another to unlock and the 3rd to silence the sound that comes while pressing the first 2 buttons) and no buttons for each door. Basically what happens is, once I press the unlock button I am always able to open the driver's door but 20% of the time the left back door does not open. I found this accidently while trying to open the back door while attempting to take my bag. After this incident, been testing and hence able to say it is about 20% of the times.

I am in Chennai currently and had checked with MPL ford guy

Regarding "The remote cannot by itself open the door" -

Thiyags

Last edited by thiyags22 : 9th September 2009 at 14:26. Reason: Add content
Old 9th September 2009, 15:02   #244
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiyags22 View Post
Regarding the remote, there are only three buttons (one to lock, another to unlock and the 3rd to silence the sound that comes while pressing the first 2 buttons) and no buttons for each door.
I am sure Condor meant that in jest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiyags22 View Post
Basically what happens is, once I press the unlock button I am always able to open the driver's door but 20% of the time the left back door does not open. I found this accidently while trying to open the back door while attempting to take my bag. After this incident, been testing and hence able to say it is about 20% of the times.
Does it so happen that when unlocking, you inadvertently also hold up the door handle? In that case, except that door, all other doors will open. Check and get back.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 15:56   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
thiyags22 : .. once I press the unlock button I am always able to open the driver's door but 20% of the time the left back door does not open. I found this accidently while trying to open the back door while attempting to take my bag.
Do one thing :
1. when ever you can, lock the car with the key.
2. Do not use the remote, so only central locking is engaged & not the remote.
3. Check that all doors are locked
4. Open the car with the key only - from driver side
5. Go around & check the problematic door.

This should confirm the problem with the central locking.
Old 9th September 2009, 16:36   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Do one thing :
1. when ever you can, lock the car with the key.
2. Do not use the remote, so only central locking is engaged & not the remote.
3. Check that all doors are locked
4. Open the car with the key only - from driver side
5. Go around & check the problematic door.

This should confirm the problem with the central locking.
Great logic I think, how come I did not get this??? Will try it out.

Sometime back put the Autocop guy and service guy on conference and asked them to resolve who needs to look into the issue. The SA agreed to look into the problem whenever I can take the car to service center. Hoeever I will try your method and then only go to be sure about the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I am sure Condor meant that in jest!

Does it so happen that when unlocking, you inadvertently also hold up the door handle? In that case, except that door, all other doors will open. Check and get back.
It does not happen that way. I have been testing the doors to find out the problem.
Old 9th September 2009, 17:33   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

@Thiyags, since both front doors have the option of using the key, you can do the un-lock front door & test rear left door from the left side itself.

I know it's a very simple point, but just thought will post it. esp since I had mentioned 'unlock with key, from driver side'.
Old 9th September 2009, 20:58   #248
BHPian

Quote:
@Thiyags, since both front doors have the option of using the key, you can do the un-lock front door & test rear left door from the left side itself.

I know it's a very simple point, but just thought will post it. esp since I had mentioned 'unlock with key, from driver side'.
I think only the driver side lock is wired to the Central 'Un'locking. The left hand door key opens only that door. So what you originally mentioned is correct! [At least this is so in my Wagon R I am not sure about Ford cars].
hsejars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 23:20   #249
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsejars View Post
I think only the driver side lock is wired to the Central 'Un'locking. The left hand door key opens only that door. So what you originally mentioned is correct! [At least this is so in my Wagon R I am not sure about Ford cars].
Thats incorrect. On Fords, unlocking the passenger side door also opens the locks for the other doors.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 16:26   #250
BHPian

@Condor, First my apologies for hijacking your thread.

I checked a few times by unlocking the central locking with key, as you suggested. Everytime the back door opened without issues. Will check a few more times and update.

Thiyags
Old 10th September 2009, 17:37   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

@Thiyags, not at all .. pls keep posting. Helps to have the information.

Keep trying this. & Try opening the rear left door after unlocking with the remote too.
Old 21st September 2009, 19:59   #252
BHPian

Condor, The rear door lock not opening sometimes when opened using the remote key has disappeared completely. As suggested, I had tried using the key for unlocking the doors. After a few times I tried using the remote key also. Now the problem has not ocurred again. I can't think of any reason for this resolution but atleast happy that the problem is gone.

Thiyags
Old 27th September 2009, 00:07   #253
BHPian

Really nice thread for IKON lovers. Btw whats the price for 1.4 now ? site shows 5.33
quadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 15:25   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Really nice thread for IKON lovers. Btw whats the price for 1.4 now ? site shows 5.33
I heard the price has gone up from 5.25L so the 5.33L should be correct. However you can negotiate with the dealer for a nice discount.
Old 29th September 2009, 19:06   #255
BHPian

Today gave the car for checking the tuck-tuck sound which I had reported originally. MPL Ford SA said he will talk to Ford about the issue. Latest update is that Ford has approved replacing the steering column. I need to find out what exactly is the problem when i go to the service center tomorrow. The SA is not giving the complete information on the phone.

Thiyags