Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 29th September 2009, 22:26   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

Thiyags, though it will be a wty replacement, ask to see the faulty / removed steering column. A pic will help, if you can take one.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 18:04   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiyags22 View Post
I heard the price has gone up from 5.25L so the 5.33L should be correct. However you can negotiate with the dealer for a nice discount.
If it's really 5.33 now that's quite a steep rise from the original launch price of 5.19 in less than a year affecting the VFM proposition.
sdp1975 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 14:50   #258
BHPian

Does the TDci have the Boot cardboard plank between the Spare wheel and the rubber mat ? found missing after service and on enquiry was told that Ikon diesel does not come with this board and only fiesta has them.

I still think I saw them.
2theMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 15:17   #259
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
Does the TDci have the Boot cardboard plank between the Spare wheel and the rubber mat ? found missing after service and on enquiry was told that Ikon diesel does not come with this board and only fiesta has them.

I still think I saw them.
My Petrol Ikon didnt come with such a plank. All it had was a carpet covering the spare wheel.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 16:10   #260
BHPian

^^ Thanks ben. just needed that confirmation. Cheers.
Old 1st October 2009, 16:37   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

@2theMax, if you want that board, just pick up a 5mm board from plywood shop (the type that used be used for writing pads, cut it to size & stick the carpet to this board.

Dont think there is board in the boot there. My upsized typre sticks out a little, and the carpet bulges upwards.
Old 1st October 2009, 16:53   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiyags22 View Post
Today gave the car for checking the tuck-tuck sound which I had reported originally. MPL Ford SA said he will talk to Ford about the issue. Latest update is that Ford has approved replacing the steering column. I need to find out what exactly is the problem when i go to the service center tomorrow. The SA is not giving the complete information on the phone.

Thiyags
I can guess that it is not the steering col but just a faulty connecting rod which was replaced in my car. the moment you say sound in steering, the dealers change this piece promptly. I believe it is a known issue to Ford.I had a look @ the piece and could not find anything faulty.should be in the Machining specs that has gone wrong.

BTW where do you live in chennai ? If Chennai Ford is in vicinity check them out.
Old 1st October 2009, 17:58   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@2theMax, if you want that board, just pick up a 5mm board from plywood shop (the type that used be used for writing pads, cut it to size & stick the carpet to this board.

Dont think there is board in the boot there. My upsized typre sticks out a little, and the carpet bulges upwards.
Thanks Condor, will certainly have to look @ that as I don't want a wobbly boot for my luggage.
Old 11th October 2009, 10:12   #264
Senior - BHPian

condor, how's the braking been with the upgraded tyres after almost a year of usage ?

Any incidents of hard/panic braking and skidding ? Just trying to figure out if Ford has really improved the Ikon brakes.
sdp1975 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2009, 18:45   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

@sdp1975 : no complaints. I had tested the car with it's stock tyres, and braking looked good even then.

But no incidents of panic braking. If you are going to go for the new Ikon, I suggest upgrade the tyres atleast one size. Feels so much better.
Old 16th October 2009, 22:20   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Default TDCi + System-D = Good

Tried System-D with the common rail engine. And it works ! a 1 kmpl improvement in FE.

Now @ 16 - 16.5 kmpl in city.
Old 17th October 2009, 14:27   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Tried System-D with the common rail engine. And it works ! a 1 kmpl improvement in FE.

Now @ 16 - 16.5 kmpl in city.
Condor, first of all wish you a very happy Diwali and congrats for passionate and detailed thread.

If I'm not missing , can you elaborate what is system - D, my dealer at time of delivery of Fiesta TDCi, told me to use only normal diesel.
rajeshvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2009, 07:43   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

@Rajesh, thank you ! And wishing you (& everyone a Happy Diwali too)

System-D is being discussed here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...es-thread.html

This is an additive to diesel, and not related to classification of diesel as normal /premium. I use normal diesel, and now have started using System-D also. This should be available at your dealer itself (I pick up from my Ford dealer). Since you have the same engine, you can definitely try using this. Do let us know how it goes.
Old 19th October 2009, 19:16   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
I can guess that it is not the steering col but just a faulty connecting rod which was replaced in my car. the moment you say sound in steering, the dealers change this piece promptly. I believe it is a known issue to Ford.I had a look @ the piece and could not find anything faulty.should be in the Machining specs that has gone wrong.

BTW where do you live in chennai ? If Chennai Ford is in vicinity check them out.
Sorry for not responding earlier. Was not in a position to come online all these days.

The SA was not even sure what the exact problem is, he was promopt to talk to Ford and change the steering column. Can't imagine that Ford is not able to find out the exact problem and rectify it.

I actually live in Bangalore but shuttling between bangalore and chennai the last 1.5 months due to some issues.

Update:
Now I know why customers say Ford service (dealsers/service centers) is pathetic -

1. While changing the steering column the wheel alignment has gone for a toss. The driver who brought the car home (I was travelling) did not open his mouth about it and I had to find out when I was back yesterday. But since I had to come to Bangalore, did not have a choice. The SA when i spoke today has asked me to bring the car again.

2. There is a 12-15 mm long scratch on the bonnet (visible clearly) which is definetly made at the service center. I am the only person in the family who takes the car and I know there was no scratch when I left the car for service. But since nobody noticed it when taking delivery I cant ask those guys about it.

Thiyags
thiyags22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 19:42   #270
BHPian

Typical MPL..Pls check out Chennai Ford. decent service atleast till now.