Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 14th March 2009, 15:01   #196
BHPian

@ Vinay...

2 questions...

1.Is your driver seat given u any trouble? Does it rattle? because when i TD the vehicle the driver seat was rattling.

2. How upto what speed did u take the vehicle to?
Archish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 18:57   #197
Senior - BHPian

Hi Vinay,

Never noticed the total mistake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Next service is due at 15k and there after every 5k kms.
That should be every 15000kms.

When you have time could you check the manual and let us know the following:

1. air filter change interval
2. fuel filter change interval
3. gear box oil change interval

Thanks.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 00:07   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
@ Vinay...

2 questions...

1.Is your driver seat given u any trouble? Does it rattle? because when i TD the vehicle the driver seat was rattling.

2. How upto what speed did u take the vehicle to?
Hi Archish! Just reached Rajasthan an hour back.

1. Its not! Will it? will keep posted.

2. As I mentioned, I took it till an indicated 161 before I gave up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi Vinay,

Never noticed the total mistake!

That should be every 15000kms.

When you have time could you check the manual and let us know the following:

1. air filter change interval
2. fuel filter change interval
3. gear box oil change interval

Thanks.
Hi trrk! Will check for sure and let you know tomorrow!
vinayrathore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 11:14   #199
BHPian

Dear Vinay, It is high time you started a long-term "running" thread. Happy to hear that your ride has so far been devoid of any niggles, and god willing, remain thus in future too. Mahindra invested a lot of time and money on this project and all their efforts seem to have paid off.

Anyways, you said you hit 160+, how was the handling at those speeds? Was the car stable and steady?

Vinu
VINUMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 16:40   #200
Senior - BHPian

Default bitten by XYLO bug

Ok unexpected thing happened today, got a call from Mahindra today and they asked if i was interested in a test drive...first i was little hesitant but accepted the offer... i think i did a good thing.

I never was a fan of the look(exterior) of Xlyo but in real this machine looks pretty promising!

The + points..

- I love the last row leg room, a 6footer can comfortably sit!
- AC ducts in middle row and the last row...pretty effective i drove the top end.
- Reverse assist, this i found pretty helpful
- adjustable seat height a7 tilt steering very helpful.

The tall sitting makes driving fun and am very sure it is gona help on long drives.

Engine is very responsive, the 3 & 4 gears is really good..i loved this part.

Turning radius is also good..

At high speeds the car is very STABLE, did about 120+ on ORR and this machine behaved fantastically!

Very responisved car....road hump wont be noticed at all....even the rough pathches is taken nicely...

The negative points which i found was
The gear lever vibrates....
and the steering wheel vibrates on bad pathches...

Else this surely a UV which shlould be considered...

Am impressed
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 18:15   #201
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
At high speeds the car is very STABLE, did about 120+ on ORR and this machine behaved fantastically!
Lohith, you too?! I had a TD yesterday on the ORR, and clicked about 100, and was impressed myself. I didnt feel it rocked like a boat as people on the forum portray it.

I have similar grouses as you do, especially with the exteriors. Lets hope the facelift sets that right.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 07:34   #202
Senior - BHPian

wow benny what time you took the test drive? am sure we both would have driven the same vehicle was it maroon??

I took it through a bad stretch and the ORR so got an good idea the UV...

I never thought i will like it, but am surprised. it moves so effortlessly and reversing was a piece of cake...

Overall i feel this vehicle is worth buying!
Old 16th March 2009, 11:34   #203
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
wow benny what time you took the test drive? am sure we both would have driven the same vehicle was it maroon??

I took it through a bad stretch and the ORR so got an good idea the UV...

I never thought i will like it, but am surprised. it moves so effortlessly and reversing was a piece of cake...

Overall i feel this vehicle is worth buying!
Looks like it wasnt the same vehicle, since the one i drove was the light violet shade.

I took it to some bad roads, as well as a tight reversing maneouver, and wasnt too disappointed. The excessive vibrations from the gearknob were a dampner, though.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 12:10   #204
BHPian

Hi Vinay,

That's a very honest service report! Sorry to hear M&M's service arm is still in the process of getting to know the vehicle (considering so many are on the road by now).

BTW, not sure this will work in your case, I avoid taking my vehicle in for service on saturdays - invariably the ASC's (and I think it is true of all vehicles) are chock-a-block with vehicles as most customers find it convenient to take their vehicles for service that day of the week. As a result, the service personnel are stretched and they end up (conveniently?) ignoring minor complaints. Over the years, I have experienced better service response whenever my vehicle has been given for service mid-week. You may want to test this theory next time :-).

Cheers,
Jammy70

Last edited by Jammy70 : 16th March 2009 at 12:12.
Jammy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 12:39   #205
Senior - BHPian

Vibration on gear knob and the Steering was a disappointment.

When the doors are closed it sounds too hollow, guess am too used to FIat

The Ac vents on top will trouble the people on the middlerow and back who has siinus problem...

Felt the plastics could haven been of better quality.

But on the good side this has the quality of a Bolero and Scorpio...infact if this is made to look good am sure Scorpio will be killed.

Will be a very good cruiser, thus good for touring,
Takes bad roads well.
Old 16th March 2009, 15:06   #206
BHPian

Guys! I guess I have a problem!!

Been to Rajasthan this weekend and reached Delhi early morning today. While there, the vibration sound from engine compartment while accelerating raised its ugly head once again and along with it, it lead to a mechanical sound seemed to be coming from the bell housing. It seems something is touching the flywheel or clutch plate-pressure plate assembly. It was a tik-tik kind of sound with tik-tik increasing or decreasing with the engine RPM. It came only thrice and went away by itself in 3 hrs duration and did not reappear. I drove all the way back after that and haven't heard it. You could feel the tik-tik in the clutch pedal and the gear lever.

I am still wondering what this problem was. 9 out of 11 problems have resurfaced within 1500 kms of being rectified. One thing I know is the A.S.S guys have miserably failed here. The last thing I want to see is another Tanveer's horse/donkey thing being repeated with me here.

Also Archish, the seat has started to act up buddy!The driver seat lumber support has some issue and when in normal position, it gives out a very high frequency chirping sound when you travel over the bumps or on a wavy surface. However, it is okay when you engage lumber support.

After this sound thing happened, I drove her above 150 Kph for around half an hour. This was the Bikaner Jaipur Highway NH11 where you do not see a soul for 10s of Kms. But the Xylo did her best and also no sound reappeared. Also as Vinumon asked how was the handling at that speed, I would say outstanding!! It felt as planted as it would at 70-80 Kph. No Vibrations whatsoever.

I guess, it was something that came lose and will have to get thoroughly checked. But am skeptical about going to the same A.S.S again as I fear they will do more harm then good. (as we say in Hindi Rayeta phaila denge).

Need Suggestions on this guys!!

PS: Mods, kindly move this thread to Long term reports section if it no longer belong here.

Last edited by vinayrathore : 16th March 2009 at 15:20.
vinayrathore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 15:29   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Guys! I guess I have a problem!!

I guess it was something getting out from where it is supposed to be. Please do get it checked with a competent service center. Since you say you felt it even on the gear road, I would suggest you have a good look.

And no sound coming now - well, it can either be that something like or stone got into the internals (God knows how) and got ground to powder.

Forget it and have a great time.
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 14:40   #208
Team-BHP Support

Default Query

Vinay,

Can you please tell me why is there a step in the rear when you cannot climb into the vehicle from there?

Name:  01022009303.jpg
Views: 2403
Size:  58.0 KB
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 16:50   #209
BHPian

Hey Vinay, nice review, nice thread, after this message I want to rate this thread!

A very nice, detailed and honest opinion, initially reading through you sound like an M&M marketing guy disguised as BHPian

I am feeling that the following are going to happen due to this thread:
M&M asking customers to read this thread instead of TDrives to avoide questions from customers , possible huh?
More and More happy customers for Xylo and M&M
Help a lot of confused people to decide whether to go for Xylo just by reading review
Perspective for Xylo changing (I am one and I see many more in this thread)
Vinay getting a new job and we see you in writing reviews or may be in Zigwheels or overdrive? possible huh?
New members in TBHP coming to read this review and understand

Overall you shoudl be a marketing guy - well done and you deserve an appreciation!
narayanang76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 22:33   #210
sps
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Vinay,

Can you please tell me why is there a step in the rear when you cannot climb into the vehicle from there?

Attachment 113589
might be useful for cleaning the top of the vehicle
sps is offline   Reply With Quote