Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 14th April 2009, 11:47   #226
BHPian

Hi Vinay, is the last row of seats completely removable like the Scorpio 8 seater version?
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2009, 12:20   #227
sps
BHPian

Default xylo taxi

yesterday I saw 2 xylo taxis here in kerala. I think somewhere I read that xylo will not be given to taxiwallahs!
sps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 20:05   #228

I recently came across a shocking thing about the Xylo..all this wile it has gone unheard ,the Xylo comes with no side-impact beams..something which is an absolute must..if they have done this to even costs down , this it is an unpardonable offence..Intrestinnlgy this has gone unmetioned in any of the tirades against the xylo... suprisengly scorpio comes with side-impact beams & this feature(at that time) was much publlisised..

Note from Mod : Please try to use proper capitalization, punctuation and spelling. Make sure you take a look at THIS THREAD (Expected Posting Etiquette) before continuing. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th September 2010 at 16:03. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
_saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 15:19   #229
BHPian

Its raining Xylo in Chennai. Everytime I got outside, i never return with out seeing at least 2 Xylos. It has a great road presence.

One thing i noticed, I was on the highway all day yesterday, I saw about 3 Xylos and all of them were travelling without A/c. I know that even the base model E2 has A/c. Then why? Can Vinay explain.

@ Vinay,
Sorry mate. I dint get Xylo. I just got delivery of Innova today. The guys at the dealership were delaying things like hell. And a relative of ours who owns a Xylo gave a bad review about the car to my family. And they heard somewhere that there were no side impact bars. So, Innova is what i got. Anyway hows the ur xylo holding up?

PS: Yes, will change me singnature.
Archish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 18:36   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
yesterday I saw 2 xylo taxis here in kerala. I think somewhere I read that xylo will not be given to taxiwallahs!
I saw 4 xylo taxis (surprisingly all were the same colour - golden yellow) on Trichur - palghat route .
prram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 19:08   #231
BHPian

Last month I was in Kerala, but could not spot a single Xylo in Thrissur, my home district. I was pretty eager to learn how Xylo was faring in the state, and was a bit disappointed that I saw none.

OT: Kerala seems to be Toyota country with every second UV that you come across being a Qualis. My friend tells me that if he were to sell his Qualis today, it would fetch his more than what he had paid for it 2 years back; and he was not joking.
VINUMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 05:36   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VINUMON View Post
...OT: Kerala seems to be Toyota country with every second UV that you come across being a Qualis. My friend tells me that if he were to sell his Qualis today, it would fetch his more than what he had paid for it 2 years back; and he was not joking.
My brother brought his Qualis with 30k on the odo, 3 years back for 5.1laks.

4 months back, with 145k on the odo, he sold it for 5.35laks!

The best part, apart from the money, the vehicle still rides like it was fresh out of the factory! The gear slotting and steering are a drivers delight. And rattles... what rattles?
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 07:19   #233
Senior - BHPian

kerala is basically toyota territory.
with ever other malu having 1 or 2 relatives in the Gulf.when they come back and publicize the love for the Toyota's by the arabs so people are fascinated by Brand Toyota.
vinaydas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 11:07   #234
sps
BHPian

Default Updated report please

Hi vinay, it has been a while since there is any update from your part on your xylo.
Is the second service over?

I had been to the dealership here in my city since one of my friend is going for an SUV/MUV now. He was not impressed. It is really VFM for people who are ready to deal with some minor issues.

The tilt steering of the vehicle on display at the showroom was not working. So was the seat tilting of one of the middle row seats. These simple niggles is enough to scare of some potential customers as these niggles are quite indicative of what is expected of a new vehicle.
Old 28th April 2009, 11:47   #235
Senior - BHPian

Agree with you "Sps" it ertainly looks like a VFM but am not sure of this vehicle especially after few year would these gizmos work..

Will keep an eye on this thread
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 12:52   #236
BHPian

Default I am back!

Sorry guys! Been busy with a project so did not get time to even check my mails. Just checked my mail today and saw notifications about update in this thread.

The vehicle is running great except for the initial rattles that I mentioned still there. The big issue was cleaning the vehicle. That I have sorted with getting a driver on the vehicle. Now he keeps it sparkling clean. And believe me, all this while when we were not able to clean it, even the drive did not seemed smooth. Now, it feels a lot smoother. Don't know if anyone feels that difference between a dirty and a clean vehicle.

It's done 13K kms and will soon be getting the second service done and will update you guys accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _saint View Post
I recently came across a shocking thing about the Xylo..all this wile it has gone unheard ,the Xylo comes with no side-impact beams..something which is an absolute must..if they have done this to even costs down , this it is an unpardonable offence..Intrestinnlgy this has gone unmetioned in any of the tirades against the xylo... suprisengly scorpio comes with side-impact beams & this feature(at that time) was much publlisised..
I did not know this! Will check with Mahindra. Now that I have the vehicle, I dont think anything can be done about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
Its raining Xylo in Chennai. Everytime I got outside, i never return with out seeing at least 2 Xylos. It has a great road presence.

One thing i noticed, I was on the highway all day yesterday, I saw about 3 Xylos and all of them were travelling without A/c. I know that even the base model E2 has A/c. Then why? Can Vinay explain.

@ Vinay,
Sorry mate. I dint get Xylo. I just got delivery of Innova today. The guys at the dealership were delaying things like hell. And a relative of ours who owns a Xylo gave a bad review about the car to my family. And they heard somewhere that there were no side impact bars. So, Innova is what i got. Anyway hows the ur xylo holding up?

PS: Yes, will change me singnature.
Congratulations Buddy for the new Innova. Mine is doing great and yes, the Xylo V/s Innova thing has been discussed a lot on this forum. It will remain matter of personal choice. Even I like the Innova for its quality and reliability. But then the VFM factor won in my case. Have great mile munching year after year in your new car. BTW have you started your new thread or not?

As for the AC thing, I am not sure why they were all running without the AC on, may be the rate difference for a AC and non AC taxi might be the thing here.

Quote:
Hi vinay, it has been a while since there is any update from your part on your xylo.
Is the second service over?

I had been to the dealership here in my city since one of my friend is going for an SUV/MUV now. He was not impressed. It is really VFM for people who are ready to deal with some minor issues.

The tilt steering of the vehicle on display at the showroom was not working. So was the seat tilting of one of the middle row seats. These simple niggles is enough to scare of some potential customers as these niggles are quite indicative of what is expected of a new vehicle.
Yup! You said it right. You should expect minor niggles here and there in this vehicle. But then, any Indian car you buy, its the same case with all of them. Even some foreign brands have them. For me, they were not significant when compared to the VFM this vehicle has.

Surely Mahindra is loosing many potential customers due to this. Dabhar Sir, are you reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Agree with you "Sps" it ertainly looks like a VFM but am not sure of this vehicle especially after few year would these gizmos work..

Will keep an eye on this thread
They are not going to go anywhere. At least till now it seems like this. Lets see.

Last edited by vinayrathore : 28th April 2009 at 12:56.
vinayrathore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 21:58   #237
sps
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Don't know if anyone feels that difference between a dirty and a clean vehicle.
I do feel the same Vinay . And if I could find time to clean it by myself then there will be an added satisfaction.

Quote:
It's done 13K kms and will soon be getting the second service done and will update you guys accordingly.
13K kms already. So we can expect a 50k review this year itself. Time for second service only!! What is the service interval?

Quote:
They are not going to go anywhere. At least till now it seems like this. Lets see.
Gizmos, even if they go, if the vehicle and engine holds good, then this vehicle is going to stay. Any owner will be looking for the gizmos only during his honeymoon with the vehicle. After that most of the users might not ever use it.
In Indian market gizmos sure adds to the USP of the vehicle. But ofcourse, not to tbhp community.
Old 1st May 2009, 12:05   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _saint View Post
Dear _saint, please could you let us know how you came to know that there is no side impact beam on the Xylo. My belief is that this is a basic feature that is now incorporated on all new cars.
manij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2009, 12:07   #239
BHPian

Quote:
I do feel the same Vinay . And if I could find time to clean it by myself then there will be an added satisfaction.

13K kms already. So we can expect a 50k review this year itself. Time for second service only!! What is the service interval?

Gizmos, even if they go, if the vehicle and engine holds good, then this vehicle is going to stay. Any owner will be looking for the gizmos only during his honeymoon with the vehicle. After that most of the users might not ever use it.
In Indian market gizmos sure adds to the USP of the vehicle. But ofcourse, not to tbhp community.

It was 5000 for first service and 15k for the second and 10k interval thereafter.

I agree with you there SPS. Gizmos are there to add value but certainly not the deciding factor for us here in TBHP.
vinayrathore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2009, 12:24   #240
sps
BHPian

wow, so service intervals are longer. Please do keep us updated on the service costs and other maintenance costs (if any) coming up in between.

In comparison innova has small service intervals. Every 5k kms or 6 months.