Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 21st October 2013, 18:19   #136
BHPian

Default re: Maruti Dzire ZDi - 118,000 kms & 5 yrs. REJUVENATED!

Got my car day before in the evening. Everything seemed fine. The body work costed me 6500 rupees and the water pump, brake pads costed me 8300 rupees. They did not diagnose a specific problem for the mileage and ABS light. The ABS light continues to glow intermittently. I had given the car for service with fuel to brim. Drove around yesterday and got a refuel done today. Got a mileage of 10.5! Worried. Spoke to the Senior Advisor at Shivam (this fellow is a silver master cum trainer). Have informed him that I will be driving tonight on the highway for about 125 km, just to check the mileage. Will get a tank full tomorrow morning again. If the mileage is less than expected, I would need some serious help. Not in a frame of mind to post the details of the bill right now. Will scan and post next week. If someone can help diagnose the issue, I will be grateful.

And I am sticking to the new MGP air filter that they have fitted day before during the service. Will keep the K&N aside for a while. Could K&N be the culprit? They have changed oil to Castrol Semi Synth.

HELP!
dushmish is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2013, 01:46   #137
BHPian

Default re: Maruti Dzire ZDi - 118,000 kms & 5 yrs. REJUVENATED!

News is that I have taken an appointment for average (mileage) check using a diagnostic machine for tomorrow morning 8 am. In the meanwhile, for my own peace of mind, I drove 157 km on the Mumbai Goa Highway. Just returned a few minutes ago. Had started the drive with a tank full. Will get a refuel tomorrow early morning and calculate the mileage. This will be done before going for the mileage check. Only a car lover can understand the insanity of driving late night just to clock some km and calculating the mileage.
dushmish is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2013, 12:03   #138
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Maruti Dzire ZDi - 118000 kms & 5 years. EDIT: Rejuvenated!

Where are the pics of the rejuvenated car ?
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2013, 16:24   #139
BHPian

Default re: Maruti Dzire ZDi - 118000 kms & 5 years. EDIT: Rejuvenated!

Pictures coming Eddy! Old and new.

News is that post the long drive last night, I got a mileage of 19.9 kmpl. I met the Silver Master Trainer at Shivam, he said the fuel station could be the culprit. I realised, I had filled fuel twice on an HP pump on the W.E. Highway at Aarey crossing. My experience there has not been good in general. My bad! Anyway, we changed the filter to K&N and I did a 80 km run on NH8 to check the mileage again. Got 20 kmpl this time.

I think fuel station was the culprit. Shall leave it at that for now. All set for the drive to Chiplun tomorrow early morning. Going via Pune. Shall keep you people posted on the performance of the car.

It is so silent. Not a sound in the cabin. The wheels are behaving good as new with the all new shockers and springs. The engine is quite. Loving the hum. Getting my iPod ready with Jagjit Singh and Pankaj Udhas gazals and some songs from Kishore. So looking forward to the drive.

Ciao!
dushmish is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 23:19   #140
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Dzire ZDi - 118000 kms & 5 years. EDIT: Rejuvenated!

Not been able to click the pictures. The car is behaving good as new. Mileage continues to surprise me though. During my Chiplun trip I got 20 kmpl. Then back in city I got 13.5 and 14.2 kmpl for two tankfuls. Did a drive to Vapi (300 km total), got 22 kmpl!! Was delighted. Shall observe the city mileage for a few more tankfuls. Sadly the HP pump at W.E. Highway Borivali is no more a COCO. Need to find another one quickly.

When should I clean the K&N filter? It will complete 5000 km in a few days. Doesn't look clogged yet. I had gotten a relay fitted just when I bought the car at MASS. I use Phillips Rally 100/90 bulbs. Bright. I have observed that they fuse more often. Every 8 to 10 months. Is it normal? Or should I get the electricals checked? Or I must leave it the way it is?
dushmish is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2013, 23:03   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
Not been able to click the pictures. The car is behaving good as new. Mileage continues to surprise me though. During my Chiplun trip I got 20 kmpl. Then back in city I got 13.5 and 14.2 kmpl for two tankfuls. Did a drive to Vapi (300 km total), got 22 kmpl!! Was delighted. Shall observe the city mileage for a few more tankfuls. Sadly the HP pump at W.E. Highway Borivali is no more a COCO. Need to find another one quickly.
Good to know that the FE has not dropped . It gives confidence to me as well to keep my ride for a longer time.
arun_josie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2013, 20:20   #142
BHPian

Facing a strange problem. On highways I used to get around 19 kmpl and in city I used to get around 15 to 16 kmpl (depending on the traffic). I never got a mileage of 21 kmpl on highways and never less than 14 kmpl in city. Off late (refer to the posts above), I am getting a phenomenal mileage of 22 on the highways and a pathetic mileage of 13 in the city. The last tank full returned a low of 12 kmpl. The driving style, traffic, routes, etc have not changed. I am sticking to the COCO I used to go to. Achillies (a fellow BHPian) is also facing a similar issue. We both got our car serviced at Shivam Autozone in Kandivali. Could it be a faulty tuning issue? I am happy with the upside (highway mileage) but the city mileage is burning a hole in the pocket. 12 kmpl is as good as driving a petrol car.

What could be the probable reasons? Please help!

D
dushmish is offline   Reply With Quote