Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 24th February 2009, 14:49   #16
BANNED

Thumbs up

dushmish, congrats on your new zdi, i love this car and surely is going to be my next buy. Have a safe and fun driving.Whats the stock size of your tyres??
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 15:02   #17
BHPian

You are very right. JK tyres are the worst of all the known Brands. I dont know when will Maruti give up their fascination for these cheap tires. They have absolutely no grip, ride comfort or braking performance.
ScorpMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 16:19   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
dushmish, congrats on your new zdi, i love this car and surely is going to be my next buy. Have a safe and fun driving.Whats the stock size of your tyres??
Thanks Vijay! The stock tyre size is 185/70 R 14. It is an awesome car to drive!
dushmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 18:27   #19
BHPian

dushmish, nice review on the iceberg you got there, especially at every step of your ownership experience. My car came with stock MRF ZVTS and I changed to Yokohama after driving about 19K. I got 500 for every tire.

Changing them changed the ride completely, the car was silent and more comfortable on uneven surfaces. In fact I was cursing myself of not having changed them sooner. Trust me, the difference is a lot.
abhi1309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 18:36   #20
TOR
BHPian

I would second abhi on the 'tyre' aspect. Changed to XM1+ right after delivery of my dzire VDi and that has transformed the dynamics!

Dont wait around for 20K and loose all the fun from such a great car-get the tyre's changed.

195 section(rather than 185) would be a good upsize on the 5.5J stock alloys on the ZDi.
TOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2009, 22:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

VEry Passionate review. Enjoy and drive safe.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 11:00   #22
BHPian

Thanks Gemithomas for the appreciation! The review had to be passionate, after all it is the heart car!

Abhi and TOR, I am seriously contemplating getting the tyres changed. Had been to the dealer yesterday evening but it was closed by the time I reached after a long day at work.
Old 27th February 2009, 16:43   #23
BHPian

Seating in Dzire

My first car was an 800 followed by the new Zen (not the estillo). Both these cars were small for my 6' frame to fit in. I used to drive 1 hr to work (Goregaon east to Prabhadevi) and 90 on my way back. Low seating in Zen had taken the toll on my back and I had developed severe back pain. During Dusshera holidays (2008) I had driven the Zen to Udaipur and back. Everything about the trip was good except that on returning my left hand was in pain for two months. Thanks to the seating design in Zen. It is a great car but maybe for tall people like me, it is not the best thing.

I was very particular on the seating and driving posture of the next car I was going to buy. Let me share this with you all, Dzire has proved to be a very good buy on this aspect. The driver seat in the ZDi variant can be moved backward, forward, up and down. This two degrees of freedom allow the seat to be put in a very good postion for driving. I don't have to push the seat bottom completely back for comfortable seating. This means person sitting behind me gets some space as against in Zen where there was no space left behind my seat.

The back rest can be reclined such that it moves in a continuous manner and can be locked in any of those positions. As compared to a Zen where it had certain slots where it would get locked. Together this makes the seat a very comfortable one to sit and drive on. To top it all the steering wheel can be tilt adjusted. Cannot get better than this for the price one pays for this machine. I would give the driver seating comfort 9 on 10 in Dzire ZDi.

The passanger seat is also a good place to be in. Just that my knees touch a protuding edge of the dash in a manner which is not very comfortable. Push back and it is gone. The full recline of the seat is very comfortable. I can actually sleep comfortably.

The rear seat is a cozy (with padded seat covers) to be in. The recline angle is very comfortable. The bench height is good. The corners of the seat are comfortable to rest your back in. I found the corners of the back seat in Ikon to be a disaster. They hurt. Coming back to Dzire, the seat belt buckles have notches where they rest nicely without hurting the bums of the passengers.

The rear leg space is less when compared to a Honda City. In a family of four, my kids sit in the back seat and the space is more than enough for them. My wife also finds the space very comfortable. Then why do they say the leg space is less? If there are two 5'10" people sitting on the same side (left or right) then they will feel pinched for leg space. How often does that happen? Never in my car. I give 8 on 10 points to the rear seating in Dzire.

To be continued.
Old 3rd March 2009, 16:36   #24
Senior - BHPian

dushmish, you have got a great car and new tyres also. how are the rattles? as i had heard on this forum that swift and dzire are both rattle prone? barring that are there any other issues with the car.
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 21:33   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
dushmish, you have got a great car and new tyres also. how are the rattles? as i had heard on this forum that swift and dzire are both rattle prone? barring that are there any other issues with the car.

Hi Goandude! You are right, it sure is a great car. The tyres have not been changed yet. You may read my ironical story in the tyres and alloy wheel section. And coming to rattles, well I have done a two thousand km of highway driving and city roads are BAD. I haven't experienced any rattles yet. I find the car to be very good value for money. No issues whatsoever. I have completed 8000 km today.

I have some things on areas of improvement to write in the review that I am posting. But none is a negative. Please bear with me till I post that.

Do let me know if you have any specific querries.
Old 6th March 2009, 11:12   #26
BANNED

dushmish, are seat covers stock ones or did u changed them, do share along with some interiors pics too of your iceberg.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2009, 14:41   #27
BHPian

Vijay, the seatcovers are not ctock. The stock seats are very well designed but high density foam. I got these, which are suede finish (fabric) and some padding to give a cozy feel. My wife and kids loved them. Shall post the pics soon.
Old 9th April 2009, 14:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
Hi Goandude! You are right, it sure is a great car. The tyres have not been changed yet. You may read my ironical story in the tyres and alloy wheel section. And coming to rattles, well I have done a two thousand km of highway driving and city roads are BAD. I haven't experienced any rattles yet. I find the car to be very good value for money. No issues whatsoever. I have completed 8000 km today.

I have some things on areas of improvement to write in the review that I am posting. But none is a negative. Please bear with me till I post that.

Do let me know if you have any specific querries.
Hi we are into april. still awaiting yourreview. BTW there are NO long term reports on dzire on this forum. Yours could be the first
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 09:26   #29
TOR
BHPian

@goandude its about an year since the launch of the dzire so the possibility of 'long term' would be still far away.

Anyways have a look here (Maruti Swift DZire - delivery on 7th April 2008 - some observations) and here (Swift Dzire 6 months, 6,000 kms, post 2nd service update)
TOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 11:54   #30
BHPian

Question A few queries

Read your step by step review of the car through its paces- very good article.

a few queries from one who is looking at the Dzire as a purchase in the next few months-

1)How would you rate the overall experience till now?
2) How do you like the pickup (for a diesel engine)
3)Braking?
4)AC cooling- how powerful is it?
5) When does turbulence start at higher speeds?

do reply
ascertain is offline   Reply With Quote