Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 2nd October 2009, 17:20   #76
BHPian

Dushmish: Any special preparations with the car before going for the trip or just regular 20k service.?
shabahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 21:17   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
Dushmish: Any special preparations with the car before going for the trip or just regular 20k service.?
No preparation for the car. Regular 20k service. The car needs to be in good condition, that is it. If you have read my travelogue, you will note that it is more about driving skills than about the car.
dushmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2009, 09:48   #78

One Among the best reviews I have ever seen on swift dzire on Team BHP
krishnamjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2009, 21:30   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnamjc View Post
One Among the best reviews I have ever seen on swift dzire on Team BHP
'ever' or 'never' ?

Slightly off-topic, but I heard that the new DZires are not using the 1.3 Multijet diesel engine co-developed by GM&Fiat (DDiS as Maruti calls it). Is it true? If yes, which other engine they could be using? Sorry for being ignorant.

Last edited by clevermax : 3rd October 2009 at 21:32.
clevermax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2009, 22:00   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
'ever' or 'never' ?

Slightly off-topic, but I heard that the new DZires are not using the 1.3 Multijet diesel engine co-developed by GM&Fiat (DDiS as Maruti calls it). Is it true? If yes, which other engine they could be using? Sorry for being ignorant.
This is absolutely untrue. The swifts/dzire's that are being sold right now are still the ones with the Fiat Diesel engine rebranded as DDiS by Suzuki.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2009, 22:38   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
This is absolutely untrue. The swifts/dzire's that are being sold right now are still the ones with the Fiat Diesel engine rebranded as DDiS by Suzuki.
Thanks for clarifying... This rumor was born probably because of the production glitches - related to usage of 1.3 MJD - Maruti had to encounter for DZire. Still there is a long long waiting period for this car. (6 months)
Old 3rd October 2009, 23:48   #82
BHPian

Quote:
'ever' or 'never' ?

Its co-developed by GM,FIAT & Suzuki.
k2max6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 21:15   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Its co-developed by GM,FIAT & Suzuki.
Yea.. whatever. My question was different, just wanted to know whether they have started rolling out Dzires with some other Diesel engines lately.

Last edited by clevermax : 4th October 2009 at 21:17.
Old 5th October 2009, 09:19   #84
BHPian

Thanks Krishnamjc!

Planning for a service this week. Shall be starting for a trip to Rajasthan on 10th Oct. The plan is to cover Udaipur, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer and Bikaner. Should be a drive of around 4000 km from Mumbai and back.

A regular service is what I will get done. Oil change. Shall stick to 1 litre Mobil 1 and 2 litres of Mobil Delvac MX. No complains from the car so nothing special needs to be done. And of course, shall get the wheel rotation and alignment - balancing done.

Will post the cost after service.
Old 5th October 2009, 15:36   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying... This rumor was born probably because of the production glitches - related to usage of 1.3 MJD - Maruti had to encounter for DZire. Still there is a long long waiting period for this car. (6 months)
6 months .
If I am not wrong, in Mumbai you can get one ( i.e. Swift of Dzire Diesel) in 2 months.
The bad part now is that there is a waiting period of approx a month to month and a half on the petrol version which was not the case earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
Thanks Krishnamjc!

Planning for a service this week. Shall be starting for a trip to Rajasthan on 10th Oct. The plan is to cover Udaipur, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer and Bikaner. Should be a drive of around 4000 km from Mumbai and back.
Pls post a travelogue as this is one sure destination that I am planning in the very near future on my Dzire Vdi.
Have a safe trip.

Last edited by f1fan : 5th October 2009 at 15:46.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 09:42   #86
BHPian

Had got the last service done at 19000 km before embarking on the Leh trip. It was a 6500 km drive. I usually get my car serviced at every 5000 km. Did one more short (600 km) trip and some city driving. Now going for a trip to Rajasthan. Would be a 4000 km trip. Decided to get the car serviced at 27000 km.

Had got a thorough wash done in Jaipur on my return from Leh. Costed me Rs 200 for the wash. Was better than the Car Spa cleaning done in Mumbai. Coming to service, the check list was:
  1. Underbody check
  2. suspension and struts check
  3. brake check
And the rest of the regular service.

Carried oil - Mobil Delvac MX 2.1 litres and Mobil 1 one litre. Costed me 1092 Rupees for the oil. Service cost:
  1. Oil filter - 334
  2. Windshield washer shampoo - 12
  3. Diesel additive (Maruti recommended) - 750
  4. Consumables (no explanation - grease, distilled water, etc) 95
  5. General check up - 760
  6. Tota inclusive of taxes - 2178
The car is running fine as new. No rattles. Am getting between 14.5 kmpl and 16.5 kmpl in crawling Mumbai traffic.
Old 21st November 2009, 13:43   #87
vsh
BHPian

hi dushmish
longtime no see. any updates on iceberg? what about rajasthan trip?
vsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 11:02   #88
Senior - BHPian

Bravo...that was a great trip to Leh. What was the total expenses incurred for the trip(Pls PM me.)
planning the same in near feature
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 10:15   #89
BHPian

Hi All,

Have been off TBHP for quite some time as I was busy with the rat race at work. Iceberg has been doing well. Completed 42,000 km in 17 months. Drives like new. Have some updates about the last few services. Shall post later in the day. Am baby sitting today. Have to prepare the breakfast for my daughters.

The ownership experience continues to be a delight.

Ciao,
D
Old 26th November 2010, 22:16   #90
BHPian

Have not been able to write anything for many months now. The car continues to be a delight. Completed 58,000 km exctly on 7th Nov, the day, the car completed 2 yrs. Drives like new. No rattles. Michelins are great. They improve the breaking and control by a margin. The battery didnt last long. Got it changed at the end of 2 yrs. Got an Exide with 5 yr warranty. The service continues to be CHEAP @ around Rs 2000 including a mix of 1 litre Mobil1 and 2 litre Mobil Delvac MX.