Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 27th November 2010, 07:33   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
......including a mix of 1 litre Mobil1 and 2 litre Mobil Delvac MX.

Honestly have not yet read through your entire thread but found this curious. Is this something recommended? I always would say mixing two types of oils is looking for trouble.

Gurus?
sudev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2010, 08:37   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have not been able to write anything for many months now. The car continues to be a delight. Completed 58,000 km exctly on 7th Nov, the day, the car completed 2 yrs. Drives like new. No rattles. Michelins are great. They improve the breaking and control by a margin. The battery didnt last long. Got it changed at the end of 2 yrs. Got an Exide with 5 yr warranty. The service continues to be CHEAP @ around Rs 2000 including a mix of 1 litre Mobil1 and 2 litre Mobil Delvac MX.
58k in 2 years is good driving.
I have done 17k in 18 months and also do not have any rattles.
Surprisingly short life of your battery. How much did a new one cost?
Where do you do servicing?
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2010, 21:31   #93
BHPian

Sudev, a little research about "semi-synthetic" oil will tell you that 1:2 is the recipie for making it. Have checked with manufacturers - Mobil, Castrol and Shell, it is perfectly fine. Like dissolves like is the principle for organic material. The difference between mineral and synthetic is the orientation of molecules. So go ahead an mix and enjoy the benefits.

Goandude, I get it serviced at Spectra Motors in Borivali. Battery was due a lapse, left the cabin ligh on for a night. New one costed me 7500 (9500-2000 for the old one).
dushmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 02:06   #94
BHPian

Default re: Maruti Dzire ZDi - 115,000 kms & 5 yrs. Plans for cosmetic changes

@Dushmish: Your thread on Dzire by far is the best and helped me a lot in taking a decision on buying this car. Yes! I have booked a S.Blue Swift Dzire ZDI. Will request for some tips later, as for now please let me know if you are happy with the Michelin XM1+ and how is the car behaving?
Raghunath Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 19:08   #95
BHPian

@Raghunath, Thanks so much! Thats a lovely colour you have booked. Congratulations! Michein XM1+ are very good. Much better than the stock JK. they change the character of the car. I changed at 8500 km. Would suggest you change them at the showroom itself.

It will be a pleasure if I can be of any help. Currently I am enjoying the new K&N air filter (stock replacement). It has increase the mileage from 15-16 in Mumbai traffic to 17-18. Its just over 1000 km thus far.
Old 22nd January 2011, 00:23   #96
BHPian

@Dushmish: My Swift Dzire ZDI in S. Blue finally arrived on 19th Jan and I'm all smiles. Thanks to you, goandude and other Dzire owners for posting their experiences, it really helped me in taking this decision. Changed the tyres to Michelin Energy XM1+ on 20th Jan itself. Want to write a detailed thread, alas the mods won't let me do it as I'm still a newbie (it's been close to 6 months since I joined). Any idea when we can post a thread ourselves? My requests to the admin has gone unnoticed so far.

Enjoying the ride right now, will keep you all posted and waiting to upload the pics.
Old 22nd January 2011, 09:05   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
@Dushmish: My Swift Dzire ZDI in S. Blue finally arrived on 19th Jan and I'm all smiles. Thanks to you, goandude and other Dzire owners for posting their experiences, it really helped me in taking this decision. Changed the tyres to Michelin Energy XM1+ on 20th Jan itself. Want to write a detailed thread, alas the mods won't let me do it as I'm still a newbie (it's been close to 6 months since I joined). Any idea when we can post a thread ourselves? My requests to the admin has gone unnoticed so far.

Enjoying the ride right now, will keep you all posted and waiting to upload the pics.
Congrats Raghunath, The blue can be really attractive if kept well polished. You CAN post your experience on this forum only thing is since you are a newbie your post has to be vetted by a moderator before it appears. so please go ahead. The XM1+ is the best thing you have done to the car. Do post a detailed review after driving for some kms. what accessories have you fitted?
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 20:32   #98
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sudev, a little research about "semi-synthetic" oil will tell you that 1:2 is the recipie for making it.
I wouldn't recommend this. Better that you use either Delvac (pure diesel oil) or only Mobil 1 (petrol + diesel oil). Mixing the two isn't a good idea and any benefits won't be perceivable at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
Any idea when we can post a thread ourselves? My requests to the admin has gone unnoticed so far.
Please refer to our FAQ & the Forum Announcements section for guidelines on creating threads. Yes, as a newbie, you can very well create new threads. However, they will appear only after Moderator approval.

You will understand why the Admins cannot answer basic forum questions, especially those that are perfectly documented in our detailed FAQ / Announcements Forum.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 23:18   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Please refer to our FAQ & the Forum Announcements section for guidelines on creating threads. Yes, as a newbie, you can very well create new threads. However, they will appear only after Moderator approval.

You will understand why the Admins cannot answer basic forum questions, especially those that are perfectly documented in our detailed FAQ / Announcements Forum.
@Goandude: Sure, I'll write the review soon.

I'm planning to get the sunfilms done tomorrow. Have the demister on the rear window. Will putting the sunfilm on that impact performance in any way? Experts please advise.
Old 24th January 2011, 14:36   #100
Senior - BHPian

Professional HQ fitment over a defogger doesnt cause any problem. Many cars have it installed.
sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011, 23:47   #101

Hello Dushmish,
Thanks for the detailed review, its a very nice write up.
I have recently bought a Dzire VDI myself and done around 1500km. My car has Michelin XM1+ 185X70X14 tires. On a recent highway trip, I felt the car was not very stable above 150km/hr and the tires seemed to loose grip above this speed. Have you experienced something similar at high speeds? Is it problem with the car or the tires? Any suggestions to improve the grip of the tires?
Thanks.
a.bhatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011, 07:58   #102
BHPian

Hi ABhatt, thanks you for writing in. Have you switched to alloy wheels? or using the stock steel wheels? The stock wheel is a bit narrow to accomodate the 185 width. Further, all cars and tires (irrespective of the make) have a speed limit where they leave traction. It is a function of the car's weight and the quality of tire. In this specific case, you have put the best tires. What is not working for you is the weightand the design of the car. A Dzire is not meant to be driven at 150 kmph for longer periods (even a few minutes). Also the road surface plays a big role in improving traction. Smooth tar roads provide best traction. Mumbai Pune Expressway is a nightmare. So for now I would suggest you stick to speeds of less than 150 kmph. And enjoy the car as well as the tires.

I ride a ZDi. The ride quality is better in it even at higher speeds. Hope this helps.
Old 17th August 2011, 19:07   #103
BHPian

Smile re: Maruti Dzire ZDi - 115,000 kms & 5 yrs. Plans for cosmetic changes

Hi People, I have passed on the Dzire to my dad in Jaipur. I kept it for 2.5 years and did 76,000 km. Amazing car. Not a single problem. The last service that I got done before driving it from Mumbai to Jaipur costed me just 1265 rupees. My dad is loving driving it.

I have moved to the Dark Continent. Currently in Tanzania. Surprised to see the number of SUVs on the roads. every third car is an SUV. Toyota rules. All second hand (refurbished in Japan) cars. Cheap and good. I shall be based in Kampala, Uganda next month onwards. Need to buy a car (read SUV) soon. Excited like a child. Had not imagined I will be driving a beast so soon. The decision process of which car to buy has already started. Nissan Patrol and Toyota Land Cruiser are being suggested by colleagues here. Imagine graduating from a Dzire to a Land Cruiser.

Please let your suggestions flow in on which car should I look at. People who have experience of this part of world please help!

Cheers!
D
dushmish is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2011, 12:19   #104
BHPian

Gals and Guys,

I am back from the Dark Continent after a short stint. I could not continue due to personal reasons. Have come back to Jaipur to collect my car. Shall be driving to Mumbai in a couple of days.

A bus scrapped the left ORVM. Getting it repaired today. MASS has informed that the price will be Rs 1500 inclusive of painting.

It will be a solo drive to Mumbai. Looking forward to it. The car will complete 80,000 km as i touch Mumbai.

Cheers,
D
Old 10th September 2011, 12:43   #105
Senior - BHPian

Smile re: Maruti Dzire ZDi - 115,000 kms & 5 yrs. Plans for cosmetic changes

@dushmish,

Wow 80K on the odo in 2 yrs, you surely are enjoying in your Dzire. Happy many more mile crunching and drive safely.

Reg the OVRM, is it the just the paint which is gone or the OVRM is damaged, I mean the mirror part. is MASS replacing the outer body of the OVRM?
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote