| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|24th February 2010, 02:31||#31|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Mar 2008
Thanked: 451 Times
One of the best threads in the Long Term Ownership Reviews section. Some very important points made with a lovely dose of humour. Thanks for all your efforts, appreciate it.
Since you;ve sold the Bolero, I was wondering what car can fill the void. For the money you got for the Bolero, a Fusion+ diesel should be available. Since you already own a Ford, do you think this makes sense? I thought about this car as it has a greater ground clearance than any other hatchback, and it shares parts (critical ones) with the Fiesta (and now the iKon and the forthcoming Figo).
It'll be loads more comfortable and fun to drive than the Bolero.
|24th February 2010, 12:12||#32|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Dec 2006
Thanked: 716 Times
An ode to the bolero:
The bolero in many ways was useful to me,
1) You get to sit in the same height as that of Scorpio owning relatives(who never deign to see the ground after selling their grounds in the real estate boom).
2) Sometimes i relieve off my wickedness by driving as close as possible to expensive car / SUV owners and scare them(or at least assume that they got scared): the squarish design an advantage.
3) Everyone in road runs away when i brake: to describe it, the UV does a nose diving action and bounces back which in a way that only a bolero owner can relish: "its a bolero thing...."
4) You can passively take revenge on any of the family members by asking them to sit in the rear jumper seat and drive over a speed-breaker.
5) Sometime i do get the feel as if i am commanding a Diesel Locomotive. I am not skeptical about the engine sound here team-bhpians, maybe i am referring to the torque.
My fellow bolero owning countrymen do some other value adding adventures like fitting ultra-loud roots horn and play it according to the tune from their ICE, take undeclared slalom tests, fit extra headlamps and charge the on-comer with six halogen lights and so on.
@amartya: Yes the used fusion TDCi is an excellent vehicle, a perfect successor to my ride, but the 'computer in the engine' makes it not so friendly to my mechanic.
His version of CRDi tech: "they put a big cover and hide the engine area so that none can see any minor glitches which may later worsen into a full engine job".
I live in a semi-urban area, and i am afraid of the long term issues of the low displacement, high mileage run CRDi engines.
I'm now eying on the the 2.0L diesel lancer...
|25th February 2010, 12:03||#33|
Join Date: Dec 2009
Thanked: 126 Times
Very nice review.
As to Fusion diesel, It is a no-nonsence car, with comfort levels that would in all likelihood make addicted to the car, so much so, that you would want another one for yourself. The ride quality, though on the stiffer side, is still pliant, and very driver friendly.
I myself have deviated from buying Honda City again, which has that great love and passion for the speed breakers, and just rushes to kiss every one of them.
Last edited by Rehaan : 14th July 2010 at 21:21. Reason: No need to quote an entire post directly above yours. Thanks.
|8th July 2010, 20:08||#35|
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Currently, New Delhi
Thanked: 94 Times
This is by far the most comprehensive thread as far as second hand car buying experience is concerned. You have described almost all 'hot' sellers in low to mid range price while being unbiased. I am also on the lookout for a used car & your thread comes by just as I was aimlessly sitting at the computer. Ramzsys, you have the panache & the perseverance of buying & living with a used automobile. 5 Stars
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|My DIY Beetle Restoration Saga||71Convertible||Post-War||100||5th December 2016 21:24|
|Milk Spill Woes- a tragic saga||ascertain||Shifting gears||43||3rd May 2009 11:10|
|The SAGA of Low_Bass_Makker||low_bass_makker||In-Car Entertainment||1400||5th January 2009 01:32|
|Saga Of Palio 1.6 Breakdown||eclectix 1st||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||151||27th May 2008 11:36|