Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2011, 10:57   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
Guderian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,616
Thanked: 1,409 Times
Default re: Qualis @ 1,80,000 kms. Ownership reviews and pics..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
1.Past her prime?! Not at all dear fellow!! She is but a twenty something on the cusp of her 30's.

If you consider the Qualis's that have crossed the 4 lac kms mark as 60 year old ladies Dhanno has barely tickled the 1.8 km mark yet.

2. As i said in my Post above all she needs is some TLC and some new make up and she will have Katrina and Deepika running for cover!
Oh I say dear chap...I said past her prime by age, and not performance ! To me - age in terms of number of years and performance would also include number of KMs left besides the normal performance parameters of FE, pickup, trouble free running etc. And yes with just 1.8 L KMs done out of a possible 4L KMs - the ol' girl has a lot of juice left in her !

2. "Katrina and Deepika" Errr...who are they ? Some comely lasses you know ?
Guderian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2011, 13:30   #47
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default re: Qualis @ 1,80,000 kms. Ownership reviews and pics..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Oh I say dear chap...I said past her prime by age, and not performance ! To me - age in terms of number of years and performance would also include number of KMs left besides the normal performance parameters of FE, pickup, trouble free running etc. And yes with just 1.8 L KMs done out of a possible 4L KMs - the ol' girl has a lot of juice left in her !
I remember a friend who said about a Qualis he had rented for few days. According to him, the car had done 5lac kms and all the owner did was change oil and few sets of tyres!

I have lot if respect for this MUV even though I dont like its ride quality.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 16:28   #48
BHPian
 
Manuuj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Delhi.
Posts: 615
Thanked: 1,027 Times
Default re: Qualis @ 1,80,000 kms. Ownership reviews and pics..

The Qualis was sent for its 1,80,000 kms Service on 30th April 2011 at 1,79,969 kms.

There were no major issues to report but i had mentioned that the steering seemed a bit vague of late at times. I also mentioned that the suspension may need looking into as the car seemed to crash through potholes.

Besides this there was nothing that needed looking into apart from the routine service of 1,80,000 kilometers.

The workshop changed the tie rod assembly which cost Rs. 519/- incl taxes and charged Rs.358/- as labour incl taxes for the job. The steering issues have been sorted and the steering seems as responsive as ever now.

The suspension was checked and no problems were found with either the shocks or the bushes. Instead the Rear Door was adjusted which seemed to be the cause of the noise when going through a bad stretch of road or pothole.

Nice of Galaxy Toyota not to fleece me by changing a part that did not require it.

The next thing to be tackled was the1,80,000 kms service. They changed:

Prefilter Element Kit... (1)... @ 226/- (taxes incl)
Washer Fluid............. (2)... @ 54/- (taxes incl)
Fuel Filter..................(1)... @ 1,572/- (taxes incl)
Caps........................ (2)... @ 303/- (taxes incl)
Tie Rod End.............. (1)... @ 519/- (taxes incl)
Bearing Tap Roller..... (2)... @ 574/- (taxes incl)
Bearing Tap Roller..... (2)... @ 740/- (taxes incl)
Seals....................... (2)... @ 648/- (taxes incl)
Gasket Oil Pan Drain...(1)... @ 32/- (taxes incl)
Oil Filter.................. (1)... @ 818 /- (taxes incl)
Cotter pin................ (1)... @ 61/- (taxes incl)
Engine Oil........................ @ 1271/- (taxes incl)
Grease............................. @ 120/- (taxes incl)
Labor ...............................@ 1389/- (taxes incl)

The total bill was for 8,686/- which seemed a bit high by Toyota standards but the end result was superb.

The Qualis feels fresh and responsive to drive and as light as ever!!

Some may argue that the cost could have been reduced dramatically by getting this done at the local roadside mechanics shop but the i feel that the peace of mind one gets in knowing that only Toyota Original Spares and products are being used is priceless.

The reason my Qualis is in such good shape is because it has NEVER missed a Service and has always been serviced at a Toyota Workshop only..infact this particular Galaxy Toyota Workshop only except once when it was serviced at Castle Toyota Jalandhar.

On a lighter note the Manager of the Trust/True Value arm of Galaxy Toyota (for used Toyota's) would not let me leave till i took his visiting card and pleaded with me for my expectation of what i wanted for my Qualis.

He had seen the Vehicle history in their computers and was adamant that i atleast take a quote from him. This despite me telling him repeatedly that i was not interested in selling!
Manuuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 16:51   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
Fordmanchau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,651
Thanked: 291 Times
Default re: Qualis @ 1,80,000 kms. Ownership reviews and pics..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
On a lighter note the Manager of the Trust/True Value arm of Galaxy Toyota (for used Toyota's) would not let me leave till i took his visiting card and pleaded with me for my expectation of what i wanted for my Qualis.
He had seen the Vehicle history in their computers and was adamant that i atleast take a quote from him. This despite me telling him repeatedly that i was not interested in selling!
haha!! Manuj ,they are really behind you to sell your Qualis to them, isn't it. First that service manager who now retired and now, this guy.
Surely, no accident repair records plus the proof that your car has been serviced regularly at the Toyota's A.S.C makes it a prized vehicle even though it has high mileage.
But guess, they know that this will last long, really long.
Great update of the service and it's fantastic that you have taken good care of your vehicle.
After "benzinblut"'s Esteems review, yours is the one to watch for.
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 17:01   #50
BHPian
 
benzinblut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Bombay
Posts: 425
Thanked: 206 Times
Default re: Qualis @ 1,80,000 kms. Ownership reviews and pics..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
The reason my Qualis is in such good shape is because it has NEVER missed a Service and has always been serviced at a Toyota Workshop only..infact this particular Galaxy Toyota Workshop only except once when it was serviced at Castle Toyota Jalandhar.
Very true. Regular care is a must. Keep up the good work!

The overall bill seemed a bit high, but if you look at the maintenance cost per km, it still would work out very economical. I also appreciate use of original parts
benzinblut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2011, 11:11   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
Guderian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,616
Thanked: 1,409 Times
Default re: Qualis @ 1,80,000 kms. Ownership reviews and pics..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
The Qualis was sent for its 1,80,000 kms Service on 30th April 2011 at 1,79,969 kms.
Hi Manuuj, Nice !
At 1.8L KMs and with all the work done I think the parts + other charges bill is, as per me, low ! I am going by my Scorp experience.
That's a gem of a vehicle really and kudos on the efforts to keep it pristine.
Guderian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 20:52   #52
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,662
Thanked: 9,184 Times
Default re: Qualis @ 1,80,000 kms. Ownership reviews and pics..

Manuuj, congrats on a lovely thread and even lovelier vehicle! I have fallen in love with the Qualis after a recent trip to Ladakh where we rode around in a lovely maroon one (2.4 DS if I am not mistaken) over mountain roads in total comfort.

Seriously considering selling off my Swift Vxi for a pre-worshipped Qualis: there are 2 listed in the classifieds here, though neither from Mumbai-Pune area. The probalem is since it's a retired vehicle, have no information on variants etc. that could help make a decision.

Can you help? I will of course look up the other Qualis threads on the forums as well.

Edit: found some useful stuff in this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...iscussion.html (Toyota Qualis - Product Review / Discussion)

Last edited by noopster : 16th May 2011 at 20:55.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 15:02   #53
BHPian
 
Manuuj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Delhi.
Posts: 615
Thanked: 1,027 Times
Default Re: Qualis @ 1,80,000 kms. Ownership reviews and pics..

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Manuuj, congrats on a lovely thread and even lovelier vehicle! I have fallen in love with the Qualis after a recent trip to Ladakh where we rode around in a lovely maroon one (2.4 DS if I am not mistaken) over mountain roads in total comfort.

Seriously considering selling off my Swift Vxi for a pre-worshipped Qualis: there are 2 listed in the classifieds here, though neither from Mumbai-Pune area. The probalem is since it's a retired vehicle, have no information on variants etc. that could help make a decision.

Can you help? I will of course look up the other Qualis threads on the forums as well.

Edit: found some useful stuff in this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...iscussion.html (Toyota Qualis - Product Review / Discussion)
The Qualis is a great car and even though it has been discontinued the parts and spares are readily available at Toyota Dealerships.

Its cheap to maintain and very reliable. I would definitely suggest you buy it though i do wonder about if it makes complete sense to buy a model that is so old. A used Innova is also a good alternative.

As far as ownership goes the Qualis has been faultless.
Manuuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2011, 18:32   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
rakesh_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PNQ/MUM/PKD
Posts: 1,069
Thanked: 689 Times
Default Re: Qualis @ 1,80,000 kms. Ownership reviews and pics..

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 29th May 2011 at 15:39.
rakesh_r is online now   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 28th May 2011, 20:32   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
IQBAL VEERJI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SAAT BUNGLA, BAMBAI.
Posts: 1,040
Thanked: 282 Times
Default Re: Qualis @ 1,80,000 kms. Ownership reviews and pics..

Even our dearest friend Alan ,V12 has a outstanding white Qualis.

*Original paint in showroom condition.
*Original side graphics.
*All power windows ,Horn, Wheel covers, Lights in original condition.
Has L T D Team Bhp sticker at back side.
*That sweet engine sound or DRONE you may call.
*Not a stain on the body,ie Tar,bird droppings,mud ,No nothing.

Over and above I am fortunate to see it daily from my balcony in the morning when his Dad comes in it to pray at CROSS in 7 bunglows.
ALAN it is a request to you to kindly post pics of your whit beauty.Plsssssssss.

I wish him all the best and I am fortunate to have a masterpiece in my locality.
Over and above every thing I know his dad very closely,he is a real gentleman in our area.

Last edited by IQBAL VEERJI : 28th May 2011 at 20:33.
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2012, 17:26   #56
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 44
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Qualis @ 1,80,000 kms. Ownership reviews and pics..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
The Qualis is a great car and even though it has been discontinued the parts and spares are readily available at Toyota Dealerships.

Its cheap to maintain and very reliable. I would definitely suggest you buy it though i do wonder about if it makes complete sense to buy a model that is so old. A used Innova is also a good alternative.

As far as ownership goes the Qualis has been faultless.
I was wondering where the Qualis thread was!!

I have a Qualis PETROL 2004 model. Though she is burning a wide hole in my pocket now (of course in addition to what my wife does ), I still dont want to sell her. In fact during the last service at Harsha Toyota I made the mistake of casually asking how much will I get for the car. Since then every 2 days I am getting calls asking if I want to sell.

She has done 1.8L km and other than the usual dents, the vehicle is still running strong as ever. I have a minor issue though - the steering seems a little hard to handle at times. What should I be checking for?

We are in fact driving to Goa from Hyd during the last week of Aug for a 3 day trip. That will be the farthest we have driven her. Lets see how she shapes up.
ksakotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2012, 20:37   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
addyhemmige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore/Hassan
Posts: 1,549
Thanked: 465 Times
Default Re: Qualis @ 1,80,000 kms. Ownership reviews and pics..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
The Qualis is a great car and even though it has been discontinued the parts and spares are readily available at Toyota Dealerships.

Its cheap to maintain and very reliable. I would definitely suggest you buy it though i do wonder about if it makes complete sense to buy a model that is so old. A used Innova is also a good alternative.

As far as ownership goes the Qualis has been faultless.

Never knew there was a Qualis ownership thread on Tbhp. That is a very well maintained Qualis, Manuuj. How much has it run now? It has been more than a year since you have updated the thread.

Even we own a Qualis, a 2000 model (one of the first ones in my hometown). I agree with you that it is one of the most reliable vehicles I have ever come across. It has currently run 3,50,000 kms till date and still going strong. It is not as immaculately maintained as your car, but it still is in a decent shape. My only grouse with it is that the ride is very bumpy at the rear.
addyhemmige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2012, 15:34   #58
BHPian
 
Manuuj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Delhi.
Posts: 615
Thanked: 1,027 Times
Default Re: Qualis @ 1,80,000 kms. Ownership reviews and pics..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksakotai View Post
I was wondering where the Qualis thread was!!

I have a Qualis PETROL 2004 model. Though she is burning a wide hole in my pocket now (of course in addition to what my wife does ), I still dont want to sell her. In fact during the last service at Harsha Toyota I made the mistake of casually asking how much will I get for the car. Since then every 2 days I am getting calls asking if I want to sell.

She has done 1.8L km and other than the usual dents, the vehicle is still running strong as ever. I have a minor issue though - the steering seems a little hard to handle at times. What should I be checking for?

We are in fact driving to Goa from Hyd during the last week of Aug for a 3 day trip. That will be the farthest we have driven her. Lets see how she shapes up.
I wonder why the steering seems hard. Mine still has to cross the 2 lac km mark. The steering is as smooth and easy to use as before. Maybe your Power Steering Fluid level is low. My Qualis is barely used 5-6 times a month nowdays hence the low mileage figure. Its just about crossed 190,000 kms mark.

As always no breakdowns or faults. The 1,90,000 kms service was carried out at an expense of about 8K last week.

Look forward to your Goa trip review. Do post it here. Also look forward to some pics of your Qualis as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Never knew there was a Qualis ownership thread on Tbhp. That is a very well maintained Qualis, Manuuj. How much has it run now? It has been more than a year since you have updated the thread.

Even we own a Qualis, a 2000 model (one of the first ones in my hometown). I agree with you that it is one of the most reliable vehicles I have ever come across. It has currently run 3,50,000 kms till date and still going strong. It is not as immaculately maintained as your car, but it still is in a decent shape. My only grouse with it is that the ride is very bumpy at the rear.
The Qualis has done just about 1,90,000 kms Sir. Its in great shape and is running very well indeed. The 1,90,000 kms service was just carried out recently at an expense of about RS. 8000/-

I have never really sat in the rear more than 3-4 times in the last 9 years of owning this car but i do believe that the rear leaf spring suspension can throw people about a bit when the car is low on load. This is the case with even high end SUV's with leaf spring suspension like the Ford Endeavor.

Please do post some pics of your Qualis here. Here is a recent pic of mine from a couple of months back.
Qualis @ 1,80,000 kms. Ownership reviews and pics..-img2012031500223.jpg

All in all a great car and its a keeper for sure!
Manuuj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 12:23   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
addyhemmige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore/Hassan
Posts: 1,549
Thanked: 465 Times
Default Re: Qualis @ 1,80,000 kms. Ownership reviews and pics..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
I have never really sat in the rear more than 3-4 times in the last 9 years of owning this car but i do believe that the rear leaf spring suspension can throw people about a bit when the car is low on load. This is the case with even high end SUV's with leaf spring suspension like the Ford Endeavor.

Please do post some pics of your Qualis here. Here is a recent pic of mine from a couple of months back.

All in all a great car and its a keeper for sure!
I totally agree. Even the Endeavor is infamous for having a bumpy rear. In that acpect, I feel the tatas are much better having owned a Sumo and a Sierra before the Qualis and driven them on the same road which the Qualis is driving on now. I don't have a picture of my Qualis with me now, but I have posted it once in another thread. check out the following link. The last picture in that post has the Qualis in it (although taken from far off).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1994294 (Unplanned weekend trips to Sringeri-Agumbe & Kaginahare)
addyhemmige is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toyota Qualis FS-B5 - 8 Years / 55,000 kms and still going strong. v12 Long-Term Ownership Reviews 10 2nd August 2016 19:32
Year 2000 - 2,00,000 km - and the E.N.D: The Qualis Tgo Long-Term Ownership Reviews 14 18th January 2014 16:38
Hyundai offers cashless ownership on Santro / i10. And rolls out 3,000,000 Indian car GTO The Indian Car Scene 22 19th September 2010 18:31
Scorpio CRDe @ 70,000 kms! 5,000 of Agony & 65,000 of bliss smats Long-Term Ownership Reviews 17 8th May 2010 17:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:55.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks