Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 4th May 2009, 08:30   #76

Hi buddy,

IMO they are correct, those are the correct figures for the 4G92 and the B16B, but, feel free to correct me if you think I am wrong.

Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Hey Shrey, I think your bhp and max. rpm figures of the two engines mentioned are incorrect.
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2009, 12:33   #77
Senior - BHPian
Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Originally Posted by Harrie View Post
sort of a comfortable posistion. Truly a car I wanna take the next time I drive down to goa, but then the question of fuel remains to be sorted out!!!
Hey, since you are doing some DIYs etc (on demand supercharging). i guess if you could think about enlarging the fuel tank to add 20 more liters. I had this idea and hatched out a plan to do but pulled back just because speed petrol is not that rare on highways as i had thought (although hyd blore highway is a pain in terms of good fuel stations). i should never allow to go belwo half mark. worst case, mix with normal petrol and don't boost. just think about it. just squaring out the curvy bents on the normal fuel tank will add 5-10 liters extra. but i think fabricating a new one should be. handling fuel should be careful so we need to debate.
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 21:37   #78

I have tried using IOC Premium but the engine knocks lightly under part load. On full throttle in first gear its ok till 5k rpm. Didnt have the guts to go above that as I read that WOT knock is very hard to hear.

What I normally do when I got touring is fill up 97, when the tank is like quarter down ( ie., 250kms or so ) i tank up with IOC premium and add a can of booster. That gives me like 600kms. So never thought of getting a bigger tank.

Shrey, I think the B16s are higher on power output but for daily driving the 4G92 with its low end torque is more livable.

Mivec engines are these days available for 60k onwards. No assurances on the quality of the engine or parts. Best bet would be to pick up a Mivec lancer as there are far less hassles to be dealt with.
Harrie is offline   Reply With Quote