Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2013, 21:38   #121
PVS
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: HyderabadDeccan
Posts: 271
Thanked: 119 Times
Default re: Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 223,000 kms & the first accident

And by the way, congratulations for achieving that jaw-dropping figures of 200000 Kms on the Wagon R. Amazing ownership and I have to learn a lot from you on how to maintain a Waggie!! Great going!
PVS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2013, 11:58   #122
BHPian
 
alokgunhal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 61
Thanked: 105 Times
Default re: Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 223,000 kms & the first accident

Finally the day came when this Little Rocket completed a major milestone on 200,000 km. It was awesome to have travelled in this car which feels brand new. The photos of the Nano Treatment look very good. Is it working well in the rains? Any details available on where we can get it done?
alokgunhal is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2013, 13:39   #123
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 3,171
Thanked: 4,092 Times
Default re: Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 223,000 kms & the first accident

Congratulations Parag. Just came across it.

2L figure is what will encourage a lot of Wagon-R (& Estilo) owners to have faith in their cars. Its like having another feather in your already feathered hat! Great. Affirms our strong belief on Japanese cars and Maruti Suzuki.
My best wishes for munching many more such miles.

Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 31st May 2013 at 13:41.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2013, 15:55   #124
Senior - BHPian
 
Fordmanchau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,651
Thanked: 291 Times
Default re: Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 223,000 kms & the first accident

Congratulations Parag on the acheiving a rare milestone that only few private car owners can claim their name for.
Your car looks in a top-notch condition. You have very well taken care of it and the car is sure returning the favor to you.
Wish you loads of success for your next milestone. Many WagonR owners will be very delighted to know of your achievement.
Fordmanchau is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2013, 18:06   #125
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 4,158
Thanked: 10,226 Times
Default re: Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 223,000 kms & the first accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
And by the way, congratulations for achieving that jaw-dropping figures of 200000 Kms on the Wagon R. Amazing ownership and I have to learn a lot from you on how to maintain a Waggie!! Great going!
Thanks mate! My association with this faithful workhorse only gets better and better every day. The ODO today has already crossed the 200500 mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokgunhal View Post
Finally the day came when this Little Rocket completed a major milestone on 200,000 km. It was awesome to have travelled in this car which feels brand new. The photos of the Nano Treatment look very good. Is it working well in the rains? Any details available on where we can get it done?
Absolutely Alok. 100000 happened sometime time 2009 at 3AM when I was driving from Pune to Bangalore with my Dad. I was just Happy to see this on the ODO and had ensured to click a picture and carried my camera too.

But for the 200000 mark, I was more than just thrilled for various reasons. The car was still as refined and smooth as it was before, returned me the same FE as before and performed effortlessly the way it did a lakh kilometers before!!

All this with the stock engine that never underwent any job at the ASC and has shown no signs of ageing whatsoever. When I was in Pune last week, A friend of mine who also owns a F10D which has run 1,19,000kms in 10 years admitted that my car felt as smooth as new. That was perhaps the most elevated feeling compared to anyone else driving and commenting because it came from a fellow WagonR F10D owner who also had driven more than 1 lakh kms. That feedback is what I was looking to hear to give myself a pat on my back. It reassured me the fact that I was not under a wrong impression that only "I" was feeling that the car's engine is smooth and performs beautifully even now.

Also, for the 2L celebrations, you guys made the event more exhilarating with the Idea of cake cutting and a wonderful tag line to complement what this Tallboy had achieved. Thanks so much for the wonderful gesture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Congratulations Parag. Just came across it.

2L figure is what will encourage a lot of Wagon-R (& Estilo) owners to have faith in their cars. Its like having another feather in your already feathered hat! Great. Affirms our strong belief on Japanese cars and Maruti Suzuki.
My best wishes for munching many more such miles.

Regards,
Saket
Thanks Saket for your good wishes. I am sure I would be able to Pen down and help fellow WagonR owners as much as I can from the lessons learnt and knowledge that I have gathered over the past years of ownership and driving for 2L kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Congratulations Parag on the acheiving a rare milestone that only few private car owners can claim their name for.
Your car looks in a top-notch condition. You have very well taken care of it and the car is sure returning the favor to you.
Wish you loads of success for your next milestone. Many WagonR owners will be very delighted to know of your achievement.
Thanks a lot Fordmanchau. If figure of 2L is not a big deal for many, as a humble Petrol car owner of 2006, I feel this is an big achievement for me since the car still runs on stock engine and never feels aged.

With a couple of monsoon drives and a major one into Gujarat and Rajasthan (3rd time into GJ) in the next few months, I look forward to enjoy the best from this "box" as it is popularly known.

Last edited by paragsachania : 31st May 2013 at 18:10.
paragsachania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2013, 23:45   #126
BHPian
 
Ashkait Kapoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Shillong
Posts: 138
Thanked: 210 Times
Default re: Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 223,000 kms & the first accident

Hello Parag sir. Nice to see your WagonR in such a magnificent condition even after 2 lakh kms clocked. Hats off to you for maintaining it so well and respect for the WogonR!
Ashkait Kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 18:44   #127
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,353
Thanked: 13,278 Times
Default re: Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 223,000 kms & the first accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Thanks mate! My association with this faithful workhorse only gets better and better every day. The ODO today has already crossed the 200500 mark.
Congratulations Parag. Even I am touching the six digit figure for the first time since I started driving. My Ritz VDi is now 2.5 yrs old and is on 92778 kms. Absolutely stock and fantastic to drive and look at! (Touchwood). I can relate to your feeling and proudness when you look at the ODO and the time passed with the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Also, for the 2L celebrations, you guys made the event more exhilarating with the Idea of cake cutting and a wonderful tag line to complement what this Tallboy had achieved. Thanks so much for the wonderful gesture.
Where is the cake? Even we must get a share of it to help to celebrate better and drive more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
With a couple of monsoon drives and a major one into Gujarat and Rajasthan (3rd time into GJ) in the next few months, I look forward to enjoy the best from this "box" as it is popularly known.
So the target now is 300000 kms is it?

Cheers,
Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2013, 00:18   #128
BHPian
 
Ashkait Kapoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Shillong
Posts: 138
Thanked: 210 Times
Question re: Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 223,000 kms & the first accident

I needed some advice on my WagonR.
Its a 2005 model, done 38k kms.
The ride is quite bumpy, and the braking feels hard than normal. What could be the problem?
Also, is it normal for my car to give 10km to a liter given that i drive in a hill station?
please help!
Ashkait Kapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2013, 01:22   #129
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,353
Thanked: 13,278 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashkait Kapoor View Post
I needed some advice on my WagonR.
Its a 2005 model, done 38k kms.
The ride is quite bumpy, and the braking feels hard than normal. What could be the problem?
Regarding the harsh ride have you got the suspension parts checked? Since the car is now 8 years old the parts would have lost their and life and workability. Get the springs and lower part of the suspension checked.

What are the tyre pressures you maintain? This factor also affects ride quality.

Braking also depends on how and when have changed the brake pads. May be the plate has worn out or it could be misaligned tyres (correct me if I am wrong)

Can you please let us know the service details done on your car till date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashkait Kapoor View Post
Also, is it normal for my car to give 10km to a liter given that i drive in a hill station?
please help!
Hilly region means more usage of lower gears than higher ones causing a low mileage due to load on the engine most of the time. If the same if would have been normal roads the mileage figure would have been high.

Regards,
Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2013, 22:44   #130
Senior - BHPian
 
sumeethaldankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,655
Thanked: 1,004 Times
Default re: Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 223,000 kms & the first accident

Wow congrats on the amazing milestone.200k under Indian driving conditions is a extraordinay achievement.So how is it you go about your maintenence?Any tips for us?Also i am surprised you didn't go the diesel way with so much running.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2013, 22:51   #131
BHPian
 
Ashkait Kapoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Shillong
Posts: 138
Thanked: 210 Times
Default re: Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 223,000 kms & the first accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Regarding the harsh ride have you got the suspension parts checked? Since the car is now 8 years old the parts would have lost their and life and workability. Get the springs and lower part of the suspension checked.

What are the tyre pressures you maintain? This factor also affects ride quality.

Braking also depends on how and when have changed the brake pads. May be the plate has worn out or it could be misaligned tyres (correct me if I am wrong)

Can you please let us know the service details done on your car till date?



Hilly region means more usage of lower gears than higher ones causing a low mileage due to load on the engine most of the time. If the same if would have been normal roads the mileage figure would have been high.

Regards,
Anurag.
Hey anurag,
I will get the suspension checked at the earliest.
The tyre pressure I'am maintaining is 30PSI.
Sorry no service details maintained as the car was handed over to me by my father after i turned 18 just last year and the car was not driven much before that so I'am guessing the brake pads have not been replaced till date.
However, after i have had the car, I've got the engine oil, air filter, fuel filter and front bushing changed so far.
And I forgot to mention the gear shifting feels a bit hard. Is the clutch plate at fault?
Please let me know if I should get any other things checked or replace.
Thank you.
Ashkait Kapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2013, 23:22   #132
BHPian
 
Geo_Ipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vellore
Posts: 395
Thanked: 359 Times
Default re: Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 223,000 kms & the first accident

No ordinary feat!
I had the F10D Wagon R from 2009 - 2012, bought at 64k km and sold at 74k km, and absolutely adored it. Did some memorable drives in it, including Vellore - Mangalore - Vellore, and my solo Vellore - Kottayam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashkait Kapoor View Post
Also, is it normal for my car to give 10km to a liter given that i drive in a hill station?
Sorry to be barging in, but efficiency will get lower as the altitude climbs. Thinner air will require more fuel to burn, hence lowering efficiency.

Also, as already pointed out, hilly terrain means more driving in lower gears, pushing mileage figures down. Plus, driving downhill can be more taxing on the breaks than driving over flatter terrain. You will need to compare your efficiency figures with someone who drives in Shillong.
Geo_Ipe is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2013, 08:38   #133
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,353
Thanked: 13,278 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashkait Kapoor View Post
However, after i have had the car, I've got the engine oil, air filter, fuel filter and front bushing changed so far.

And I forgot to mention the gear shifting feels a bit hard. Is the clutch plate at fault?
Please let me know if I should get any other things checked or replace.
Thank you.
Get a thorough check up done of the car and do the necessary replacement done.

Regarding the gear shifts, change the transmission oil if not changed. It would have lost its viscosity. WagonR gear shifts are somewhat hard only but not of alarming levels. After changing the oil try and see for any improvement. If it's better then OK else go for looking around the clutch.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2013, 10:05   #134
Senior - BHPian
 
extreme_torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,546
Thanked: 1,310 Times
Default re: Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 223,000 kms & the first accident

Congratulations on reaching yet another milestone. You must be a veritable wagon r expert. I have a query for you. I have a 2006 wagon r which has done 44k kms. From the past sometime the fuel average is pretty low at around 11 kmpl. I can see dense black soot in the exhaust when I put my finger in. What could be wrong? Does it need some sort of tuning? Thanks in advance.
extreme_torque is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2013, 18:40   #135
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 4,158
Thanked: 10,226 Times
Default re: Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 223,000 kms & the first accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congratulations Parag……So the target now is 300000 kms is it?

Cheers,
Anurag.
Thanks Anurag! In fact, 100000 itself was never a target but it just happened and believe me, I never ever dreamt that I will hit the 2L mark too. It’s a car that has never given me any trouble and performs as good as new even today. A reason good enough that I should not get rid of it. The Tallboy has simply grown over me now/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashkait Kapoor View Post
I needed some advice on my WagonR.
Its a 2005 model, done 38k kms.
The ride is quite bumpy, and the braking feels hard than normal. What could be the problem?
Also, is it normal for my car to give 10km to a liter given that i drive in a hill station?
please help!
Like Anurag mentioned it could be various reasons behind the bumpy/harsh ride (not that the ride quality can be compared to some well planted cars).
I am sure at 38k you would be running on stock tires? If Yes, they might be of JK make which usually offer a hard ride.
Both JKs and Bridgestones in my car (1st and 2nd Set) offered hard rides when driven alone but once I shifted to XM1+ (3rd) and XM2( 4th), I have faced no issues with the ride whatsoever.

Now comes your suspension – If the ride is Hard – The suspension is not at its best. Get the struts, Mounting bushes, Lower arms inspected. If needed, replace as necessary. Remember that the condition of these parts will completely depend on how the car has been driven in those 38k kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Wow congrats on the amazing milestone.200k under Indian driving conditions is a extraordinay achievement.So how is it you go about your maintenence?Any tips for us?Also i am surprised you didn't go the diesel way with so much running.
Thanks Sumeeth. Till date I have never stepped away from my car whenever it has gone for Service. I have developed good people relationship at both the major ASCs wherever I have given it for service that every SA knows that I will prefer so stay with the car and never ask me “Saar, what time you want the Vehicle to be dropped?? We will call you once its ready”
One reason to do this is to know every detail/aspect of component and also ensure a supervision exists when those mechanics start using hammer to remove the wheel hub or try to tighten any bolt without a Torque Wrench or even start working on cleaning Plugs, Filter without the basic hygiene of disconnecting the negative battery terminal.

I have learnt a lot of things during each of my visit that it has immensely aided me in accomplishing many DIY Projects in my car too.

Why I didn’t consider Diesel??- I purchased this in 2006. Budget, too less options in Diesel Segment. Moreover, I don’t think I ,myself knew I will drive this so much. Even the second one we got for our extended family is a Petrol car. May be I will remain a Petrol head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashkait Kapoor View Post
The tyre pressure I'am maintaining is 30PSI.
LXi comes with 145/70 while VXi with 155/65. The air pressure recommended for 145 is 33PSI and for 155 is 32 PSI. Check the sticker on the A pillar on the driver side door. You will be able to read this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashkait Kapoor View Post
….so I'am guessing the brake pads have not been replaced till date.
Yes. You may want to check the life of the pads inspecting the wear indicator on the pads and then replace it. Also, better to get the Drums and Rear Shoes cleaned and also get the slave cylinder pistons aligned to center position when you get this cleaned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashkait Kapoor View Post
However, after i have had the car, I've got the engine oil, air filter, fuel filter and front bushing changed so far.
And I forgot to mention the gear shifting feels a bit hard. Is the clutch plate at fault?
The Gearshift in the F10D model has been quite infamous for being notchy. I may have driven around 5 F10D WagonRs in the past few years and apart from Mine and a friend’s car, most of them had a horrible gear-shift. In fact, every time I visit the ASC, the SA or the Mechanic is impressed that the gear-shift in my car is unlike a typical F10D. That usually has been a proud moment for me.

But yes, regular replacement of transmission oil will definitely make a difference. Apart from that, I have also spent around Rs.1,100 to replace the gear-Shift mechanism (Lever, 2 rods and bushes that link to the gearbox) after I started having a weird difficulty in shifting only to 1-3-5 gears. It was found that the rubber bushing below the lever had become hard and worn out. Replacing the shift mechanism brought back my gear shifts back to its usual normalcy. You may want to get that inspected too. Its fairly simple task to remove the whole shifter assembly and check the rubber parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
No ordinary feat!
I had the F10D Wagon R from 2009 - 2012, bought at 64k km and sold at 74k km, and absolutely adored it. Did some memorable drives in it, including Vellore - Mangalore - Vellore, and my solo Vellore - Kottayam!
Thanks Geo. The F10D is a gem of an engine the way it’s performing even after 202000 kms today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Congratulations on reaching yet another milestone. You must be a veritable wagon r expert. I have a query for you. I have a 2006 wagon r which has done 44k kms. From the past sometime the fuel average is pretty low at around 11 kmpl. I can see dense black soot in the exhaust when I put my finger in. What could be wrong? Does it need some sort of tuning? Thanks in advance.
Thanks extreme_torque! Well, every day is a new learning for me when it comes to my WagonR. I get too finicky even for the slightest sound/noise or drop in performance. Perhaps that is what has helped me keep the engine in top notch condition.

By the way, is that black soot unusually deposited? I think a normal black layer in the inside of the exhaust is quite normal. Suspecting bad sparks and incomplete combustion here. You may want to get the Spark plugs checked. The Stock plugs for the F10D model are CHAMPION (I forgot the Model code) and NGK (DCPR7E). Both these plugs differ by double the amount in terms of cost and I don’t know why (~60 and 125). And most of the times, the ASC will have no stock of NGK and will install CHAMPION.

I for one have been particular about NGK-DCPR7E and if the ASC doesn’t have it, I get it myself from the nearest MGP Dealer or even from the Authorized NGK stockist from Siddaiah Road (Bangalore). I have always experienced the performance of NGK is definitely better to that of Champion. Since the past 80k Kms, irrespective of the Service interval, I replace the plugs myself. Also, I have installed the stock specified NGK plugs in Iridium (DCPR7E-IX) and feel they are even better at idling speeds to lug in 2nd gear (with the AC On) as well as above-4000 RPMs. The response has been excellent even till date.

You must get the Plugs checked, Throttle valve inspected for dirt (on the Throttle body) before we begin to suspect anything else.

In city the FE for me varies between 14-15kmpl with 100% AC while on the highways, I still manage to get around 17-18kmpl with full AC use and speeds between 100-120kmph which I feel is good enough.
paragsachania is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suzuki Baleno it is! EDIT : Now beyond 150,000 kms wanderernomad Long-Term Ownership Reviews 127 21st August 2017 17:37
Which is better - A car which has driven 1 lac kms in 4 years or 35,000 in 6 years syravi Technical Stuff 41 7th May 2016 16:21
Tata Indica DLX - 150,000 kms & beyond AutoIndian Long-Term Ownership Reviews 355 23rd November 2015 15:33
Hyundai Verna CRDI - 100,000 Kms and Beyond vivekkr_99 Long-Term Ownership Reviews 46 21st October 2014 12:38
1.5 years & 15,000 kms in my first car, Maruti Wagon R San Phrangmung Long-Term Ownership Reviews 5 4th February 2011 19:05


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks