Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2009, 15:27   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
Surprise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,299
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

Congrats on the purchase. You car looks neat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
I got the service booklet today. 20k service is done but 30k service is not done. I will need to call the service center to find out.

Check out the date when this 20K service is done. Second set of tyres and hard clutch within 32k KMS, bit suspicious on the kms shown in the odometer. But having said that, I have seen cars done double the mileage have been maintained and runs well than the one which has done half of its mileage.
Surprise is online now  
Old 26th March 2009, 15:38   #32
BHPian
 
Proxima's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 801
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Congrats on the purchase. You car looks neat
Thanks.

Quote:
Check out the date when this 20K service is done. Second set of tyres and hard clutch within 32k KMS, bit suspicious on the kms shown in the odometer. But having said that, I have seen cars done double the mileage have been maintained and runs well than the one which has done half of its mileage.
I am a bit suspicious too. But the car looks well maintained.
Proxima is offline  
Old 26th March 2009, 18:26   #33
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: goa
Posts: 981
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar View Post
Baleno VXis from 2005 Nov would have climate control and 14 inch alloys.
Not necessarily. I got mine October 2005, it was the last of the "old" Vxi in stock and I got a whopping 90,000/- off the price as it was one of the last three with the dealer. The production of October 2005 was the "new" Vxi, but many dealers may have had stocks for a couple of months still.

All said, there is not a day that I don't luxuriate in the quality of this car, it has stonking acceleration, the ride is plush, have installed an amp and JBLs for concert-hall sound, and Maruti service (God bless them) have never made me feel bad.

Enjoy the car, look after her well and you'll be rewarded a hundred-fold.
filcord is offline  
Old 27th March 2009, 22:15   #34
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 356
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

i got a similar discount in august. so i bought a Lxi and made it into a Vxi(except for the height adjustment - that is the only difference between the vxi then and my lxi made into vxi)
madhukar_n is offline  
Old 4th April 2009, 04:41   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
YC.BALENO.CHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,089
Thanked: 89 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
Welcome to the Baleno World !!!
05 Baleno did not come with a Climate control. i think it was release towards the end of 05 or early 06. Climate control and 14" alloys were the only diff i guess. (in 05 the Vxi came with a 13" alloys and not 14")
other minor differences were different tail lamps and kenwood/xplode mp3 player (earlier it was cassette player with remote and cdplayer was optional i guess).

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
i got a similar discount in august. so i bought a Lxi and made it into a Vxi(except for the height adjustment - that is the only difference between the vxi then and my lxi made into vxi)
No there is still some difference.U wouldnt had been able to add an automatic climate control i guess.
Correct me if i am wrong.
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline  
Old 4th April 2009, 19:33   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
YC.BALENO.CHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,089
Thanked: 89 Times
Default

Mr.Proxima,one thing I would like to suggest,as seen in the pics provided by you,the front seems to have suffered a minor accident,as the bumper seems a bit disaligned.Please get your car's headlights checked because during the front impact they seem to develop cracks near the mountings and the plastic base at the back.So from outside while they look alright,the crack grows gradually.Not of immediate concern but still have a look at it because I and a couple of other baleno owners have faced the same issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
I had been on the lookout for a Baleno earlier because I think it looks great and all this while didnt understand why people said it looks bad. I think it's design is not fresh but is a well-designed "sedan". VXI looks waaaaaaaayyyyyyyy better than the LXI
.

It sure does look great,and yeah that spoiler does make the blande rear(only weak link in design) look more rounded and better.Here is a pic of my 2+ year old baleno (posting just b'cuz i simply cant stop looking at it ),i guess black looks good on this car,but how i wish i wud had opted for that royal blue instead ,it makes the car look so much more sportier.
Attached Thumbnails
My "new" pre-owned '05 Baleno VXi EDIT : Pics added-29122008302.jpg  


Last edited by Zappo : 6th April 2009 at 02:42. Reason: You seem to make too many back-to-back posts. Please desist from this practice.
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline  
Old 5th April 2009, 10:20   #37
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 94
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Need urgent help

I found a 2004 Dec Baleno LXi. Its a second owned one (second owner bought it one year back).

* The car from exterior looks good (with alloy and tyres changed recently).
* Odometer shows 36k. Driving per se only brakes are bit hard, clutch and engine seems fine.
* Rattling sounds are there and the owner admitted that beads should be changed across the door panels.

He is quoting 3L final price (including comprehensive insurance (no insurance currently and change of registration). Please give opinions on possible things that might come up in future. Looking to own this for 2-3 years.

Carwale prices and all are showing around 3.5L.

Is the deal good? I had posted the same question in other thread too. Since its urgent posted it in this thread also. Thanks in advance. Need to finalize it by tomorrow.
cherishk is offline  
Old 5th April 2009, 11:44   #38
BHPian
 
Proxima's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 801
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Enjoy the car, look after her well and you'll be rewarded a hundred-fold.
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Mr.Proxima,one thing I would like to suggest,as seen in the pics provided by you,the front seems to have suffered a minor accident,as the bumper seems a bit disaligned.Please get your car's headlights checked because during the front impact they seem to develop cracks near the mountings and the plastic base at the back.So from outside while they look alright,the crack grows gradually.Not of immediate concern but still have a look at it because I and a couple of other baleno owners have faced the same issue.
Very valid point and yes, it looks like it has had a minor hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
It sure does look great,and yeah that spoiler does make the blande rear(only weak link in design) look more rounded and better.Here is a pic of my 2+ year old baleno (posting just b'cuz i simply cant stop looking at it ),i guess black looks good on this car,but how i wish i wud had opted for that royal blue instead ,it makes the car look so much more sportier.
Is that a sunroof? Looks cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherishk View Post
Need urgent help

I found a 2004 Dec Baleno LXi. Its a second owned one (second owner bought it one year back).

* The car from exterior looks good (with alloy and tyres changed recently).
* Odometer shows 36k. Driving per se only brakes are bit hard, clutch and engine seems fine.
* Rattling sounds are there and the owner admitted that beads should be changed across the door panels.

He is quoting 3L final price (including comprehensive insurance (no insurance currently and change of registration). Please give opinions on possible things that might come up in future. Looking to own this for 2-3 years.

Carwale prices and all are showing around 3.5L.

Is the deal good? I had posted the same question in other thread too. Since its urgent posted it in this thread also. Thanks in advance. Need to finalize it by tomorrow.
2.5L. Maybe 2.7L if the car is is IMMACULATE condition. I suggest you ask a mechanic to inspect. And do not buy from True Value.\, they hike up prices by 10 to 20% and give you the crappy 'warranty' you do not need.
Proxima is offline  
Old 5th April 2009, 13:23   #39
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 356
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
other minor differences were different tail lamps and kenwood/xplode mp3 player (earlier it was cassette player with remote and cdplayer was optional i guess).


No there is still some difference.U wouldnt had been able to add an automatic climate control i guess.
Correct me if i am wrong.
u r correct. but i am also in a way correct bcos when i bought vxi did not have automatic climate control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherishk View Post
Need urgent help

I found a 2004 Dec Baleno LXi. Its a second owned one (second owner bought it one year back).

* The car from exterior looks good (with alloy and tyres changed recently).
* Odometer shows 36k. Driving per se only brakes are bit hard, clutch and engine seems fine.
* Rattling sounds are there and the owner admitted that beads should be changed across the door panels.

He is quoting 3L final price (including comprehensive insurance (no insurance currently and change of registration). Please give opinions on possible things that might come up in future. Looking to own this for 2-3 years.

Carwale prices and all are showing around 3.5L.

Is the deal good? I had posted the same question in other thread too. Since its urgent posted it in this thread also. Thanks in advance. Need to finalize it by tomorrow.
any price less than 3L is good price and a steal !
madhukar_n is offline  
Old 5th April 2009, 14:06   #40
BHPian
 
akas_chauhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 595
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
It sure does look great,and yeah that spoiler does make the blande rear(only weak link in design) look more rounded and better.Here is a pic of my 2+ year old baleno (posting just b'cuz i simply cant stop looking at it ),i guess black looks good on this car,but how i wish i wud had opted for that royal blue instead ,it makes the car look so much more sportier.
Holy Sh**. Is that a Moon roof in Baleno?
akas_chauhan is offline  
Old 5th April 2009, 14:31   #41
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 94
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

What are the potential problems one can face if a car doesn't have service records? How can i make sure that it doesn't have too many major problems.
cherishk is offline  
Old 5th April 2009, 15:35   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
YC.BALENO.CHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,089
Thanked: 89 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Holy Sh**. Is that a Moon roof in Baleno?
Yes,Its a Webasto pop-up 100,(the basic model),by the way whats the difference between a moon-roof & a sunroof?

@madhukar_n
Hehe,yeah in that way you are right,actually I too had first thought of going for LXi and kitting it up,but then dropped it just b'cuz of climate control and factory fittings of the accessories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherishk View Post
What are the potential problems one can face if a car doesn't have service records? How can i make sure that it doesn't have too many major problems.
There can be innumerable problems if a car does not have service records.Cars like baleno and all are considered 'big' cars in India and usually people treat these cars with care and in most cases u will see a service record for vehicles which have clocked more than that.
Secondly,u may check the service records with the MASS if at all it has been serviced there.
Thirdly,A baleno should not have much rattles/squeaks.A friend has a '02 baleno,with 85k on odo and the car doesnt have a single squeak/rattle!
My car which has done more than 25k too is free from rattling/sqeaks.
Anyways check for the following issues,apart from the usual checks while buying a pre-owned vehicle.

1)Check if the brake-pads needs replacement.
2)Certain balenos had a fault in steering column,and they were called back by Maruti for rectifying it,check if that car too was amongst the car recalled and if it was,whether the fault was fully rectified
3)Check for front end crashes,the front bumper is quite inexpensive,but in case of a hard impact,the bumper bracket may need replacement which alone costs 12k bucks,so check if there is no 'temporary' job done in case car had an incident.Also check for cracks in the mountings,plastic base of the headlights.
4)Baleno's floor carpet wears away very fast,check if that needs to be replaced.


Rest all other standard points like rusting,and if the car pulls to one side and other stuff related with cars met with big accidents.

Last edited by Zappo : 6th April 2009 at 02:40. Reason: You seem to make too many back-to-back posts. Please desist from this practice.
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline  
Old 5th April 2009, 17:58   #43
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: kolkata
Posts: 273
Thanked: 82 Times
Default

@proxima:although a bit late, but congrats on your buy bro, enjoy.

BTW, didnt 06 balenos have digital odos??so how's it possible to tamper (as you've mentioned) the odo unless you replace the Whole unit??
octane1002 is offline  
Old 5th April 2009, 20:33   #44
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 94
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

The car has rattles for sure. He said that changing the beads will correct the problem, not sure how correct is that. Since it is second owned one he says that the first owner wasnt very careful with it.

Thanks for the info anyway. I have asked the owner to come to my place to show to a garage guy. Waiting for him to come. Lets see how it goes.
cherishk is offline  
Old 5th April 2009, 21:03   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
YC.BALENO.CHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,089
Thanked: 89 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
@proxima:although a bit late, but congrats on your buy bro, enjoy.

BTW, didnt 06 balenos have digital odos??so how's it possible to tamper (as you've mentioned) the odo unless you replace the Whole unit??
No balenos never came with digi-odos,atleast not on my OCT '06 vxi .As for tempering with the digi-odos,its very much possible,i know of local mechanics who do it for just 50 bucks here and thats where the local used car dealers go to get it done.
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
Pre-owned Optra / Pre-owned Accent CRDi / New Tata Indigo ashthedivx Sedans 15 24th February 2007 14:03
pre-owned Baleno vs pre-owned Accent vs ikon flair rohantn Sedans 36 16th February 2007 20:27
pre-owned Wagon R or pre-owned Bolero - pls advice rohantn Hatchbacks 26 7th February 2007 17:02
Pre-owned Ford mondeo vs Pre-owned Skoda octavia azifali Sedans 6 24th July 2006 13:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks