Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 21st April 2009, 14:33   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang View Post
Cherishk, you can not go wrong with Baleno. I have bought Mar2006 baleno in July last year and since then I have driven it for 5000Kms. It is giving me good mileage and AC is a chiller. One question that I have for Baleno owners is that past 2000 Rpm car seems to get some kind of push, I know it is not having any turbo then what is the reason for push or it is all in my mind only :-)
Its a typical japanese motor, and revs happily, once its passes the 2000RPM mark, it goes strong till 5500RPM because most of the power and torque are delivered around this range i.e. the powerband. So, as you will near the maximum power and torque developing figure, the car will pull more strongly and be quicker.

Regards.
Old 22nd April 2009, 08:07   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Its a typical japanese motor, and revs happily, once its passes the 2000RPM mark, it goes strong till 5500RPM because most of the power and torque are delivered around this range i.e. the powerband. So, as you will near the maximum power and torque developing figure, the car will pull more strongly and be quicker.

Regards.
@YC.BALENO.CHD

Thanks for answering my query, now it makes sense to see car pulling well above 2K rpm.
Old 23rd April 2009, 00:53   #93

Default Purchased Used 2005 Baleno for 3.2L !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Its a buy at 2.75L; 3.5L was the asking price for 15k done Aug '05 model last year (same time) in Bangalore, the most expensive place in India...
Guys, Great news & thanks to Team BHP for advice & suggessions on my request. The deal for 2005 Banelo Lxi is over at 3.2L with brand new added MGA parts like one set of Headlights & Tailights, Windshield, Vxi R14 Alloys (11 Spokes), 195/60 R14 Bridgestone Potenza GIII tyres, Rear bumper with the warrenty of 15K OR one year on major transmission parts. I will share the photos soon after I receive it from Jaipur. I am flying to Jaipur from Canada by mid of May for a month trip.
I have purchased the following accessories from Canada:
1. McGuard Locknuts set with key size M12x1.25 (19mm Hax) part #24196 for Alloys wheel safety.
Wheel Locks and Centercap Locks - Cone Seat - McGard: Innovative Security Products
2. One pair of PIAA H4 (Extreme White Plus) 4000K rating.
PIAA
3. JVC KD-ABT22 CD Receiver with built in Blue tooth. It has Front Aux-In, USB Cable for Flash Drive, Protable HDD & iPod. Also it has TI/Burr Brown 24 bit (DAC) Digitial to Analog converter for best sound quality.
JVC Canada#

Thanks,
kc_gladys

Last edited by GTO : 23rd April 2009 at 11:35. Reason: No more than 2 smilies please.
Old 23rd April 2009, 20:12   #94
BHPian

Congrats on your Balenoooooo... She will serve u well.
Old 23rd April 2009, 21:22   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc_gladys View Post
Guys, Great news & thanks to Team BHP for advice & suggessions on my request. The deal for 2005 Banelo Lxi is over at 3.2L with brand new added MGA parts like one set of Headlights & Tailights, Windshield, Vxi R14 Alloys (11 Spokes), 195/60 R14 Bridgestone Potenza GIII tyres, Rear bumper with the warrenty of 15K OR one year on major transmission parts. I will share the photos soon after I receive it from Jaipur. I am flying to Jaipur from Canada by mid of May for a month trip.

Thanks,
kc_gladys

Wowie, that are some wise upgrades and accessories. Congrats and Welcome to the Club Baleno. Have a wonderful time with your newly acquired Baleno and may it give you troublefree service and loads of fun moments. Keep us updated and do post the pics once you are at Jaipur.

Regards.
Old 24th April 2009, 05:38   #96

Thanks guys for your encouragement. Here are some of Baleno snaps I just received from my family at Jaipur. I will be looking forward for your continue support. Thanks.

Note from the support team: Size/colour tag removed. Do not copy paste your reply from other applications.
Attached Images

Old 24th April 2009, 09:08   #97
BHPian

@kc_gladys

Congrats on your new car. The car looks scratch less. Please put up the K&N question here as I am also new to cars.

My car will be delivered may be on Monday or Tuesday as it has gone to the garage for servicing. Will post pics as and when I get it. Thanks for the support especially @YC.BALENO.CHD. If it wasn't for you, I wouldnt even have bothered to look at it and you should be blamed for making me spend so much.
Old 24th April 2009, 13:41   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherishk View Post
@kc_gladys

Congrats on your new car. The car looks scratch less. Please put up the K&N question here as I am also new to cars.

My car will be delivered may be on Monday or Tuesday as it has gone to the garage for servicing. Will post pics as and when I get it. Thanks for the support especially @YC.BALENO.CHD. If it wasn't for you, I wouldnt even have bothered to look at it and you should be blamed for making me spend so much.
@kc_gladys

Its a neat looking car, congrats again for the purchase. It looks as if it just rolled out of assembly line. Hope you will enjoy the car once you are at jaipur. Looking forward for your experience.

@cherishk

heh heh, looking forward for the pics of your new ride and yeah you may put the blame on me, its not always that I get 'blamed' for such wonderful purchases.

Hope your car too serves you well and may you enjoy every km you travel in your baleno. Do keep us updated. Wow, we suddenly have quite alot new baleno owners here, may the tribe increase.

Kindest Regards.
Old 24th April 2009, 14:01   #99
BHPian

1. I dont think it is for depreciation. Either the guy has left BANKAM or he has been sacked. It was most probably a distress sell. You should have negotiated well with the dealer.

2. As far as I remember, 2005 model didnt have a climate control.

Regarding suspension it shouldnt be bumpy the way you have described it. Check tyre pressure and tyre tread. Rotate the tyres. Possibly the lower arms are bend due to do some under body damage that has upset the suspension geometry or the bushes have worn out completely.
Old 26th April 2009, 13:06   #100
BHPian

Yup, 05 Baleno VXIs did not come with climate control.

Well maintained car! Congrats!
Old 26th April 2009, 14:22   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Yup, 05 Baleno VXIs did not come with climate control.

Well maintained car! Congrats!
So, have you sold your Baleno or is it still with you?
Old 9th June 2009, 03:12   #102
BHPian

Wednesday - 10/06/2009
Old 9th June 2009, 10:20   #103
Senior - BHPian

IIRC, Nov-Dec 05 VXi's did come with CC, 14 inch wheels etc. That was when the upgraded model was released.
Old 6th November 2009, 17:50   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Maruti true value dealers autopace was selling a 60k kms+ 2004 black baleno lxi for 1.85 lac. It had pioneer music system with complete paraphernalia and leather seat covers (though with scratches on back seat), but strangely it had rust in the boot under the stepney. Was almost ready to buy but it was sold out by then.

Berkely (panchkula) still has a 2004 baleno LXi with 95000 kms for Rs 2.5 lacs. Interestingly I test drove a 2000 baleno (at Sec 7 Car bazaar)with around 64k kms and it was so smooth and started at half a crank! But price quoted is Rs 2.1 lac willing to come down to Rs 1.5-1.6 lac. Is it worth going in for that old baleno?

what do you think about this deal?
Old 6th November 2009, 19:20   #105
BHPian

Quote:
I sold long back. Sorry for not updating the thread.

Mods - Can you please close this thread?
Closed Thread