Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2009, 14:52   #406
Distinguished - BHPian
 
anjan_c2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 5,531
Thanked: 4,703 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
Nice little trip....how is the road from mansar to ramtek/gondai.....i have taken this route while going to gondia in april this year...road condition was not too good at that time. I was scared that in next pothole the Santro's Suspension will come out.
That was my Father in law's Santro
shabahmad- as you rightly said the road is not so good. I could see Tumsar XXs written on many milestones.Some patches of the road have been redone but the overall condition is below par.
For going to Gondia unless you have interest in visiting Mansar,Ramtek or Khindsi it would be better to take the NH 6 (Mumbai-Kolkata highway) from which there is a diversion to go to Gondia after Bhandara and somewhere around Deori.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
Hey buddy do post the pics of the fog lamp switch when you get hold of it. Also can you explain it in more details? Is it a separate switch or build into the headlight switch (the indicator / headlight rod switch)?
Sure WanderNomad I'll post its pictures. The only addition to the normal headlight/lights switch is that there is a concentric ring (a break) in the middle which can be activated to switch on /off the fog lamps.Thus there is the headlight/lights switch to the extreme right. In between is the fog lamp switch and thereafter comes the idle stalk. So the original LX headlight/light switch is rendered jobless after this is fitted. The cost of the whole switch unit is some Rs 550=00 or so.
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2009, 16:23   #407
Senior - BHPian
 
tanwaramit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Dilwalon ki Dilli
Posts: 1,886
Thanked: 334 Times
Default

that was a nice trip Anjan, loved the picture taken of the beast from the front.

Are those things comfortable on the seat for long drives, and what is with you, return journey of just 140 kms ? Heck, I do around 110 kms of return journey daily for my office in my Santro, with Scorpio my outing has to be 500 kms plus for return.

Take it out where it goes on and on and on.

Anyway, seems you enjoyed the trip a lot including the traffic

How was your service ? You got the bumpers painted ?
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2009, 16:56   #408
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 270
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
shabahmad- as you rightly said the road is not so good. I could see Tumsar XXs written on many milestones.Some patches of the road have been redone but the overall condition is below par.
For going to Gondia unless you have interest in visiting Mansar,Ramtek or Khindsi it would be better to take the NH 6 (Mumbai-Kolkata highway) from which there is a diversion to go to Gondia after Bhandara and somewhere around Deori.
Thanks Anjan, Thats the way our avaition minister keep's roads of his contituency.

Actually my relatives stay at Gondia/Bhalaghat and My home town is Durg. I usually come nagpur; then visit Gondia/Bhalaghat and furhter.

I dont know the current condition of NH6, but its condition is also not good in few places due to construction of 4 lane. They have surfaced the road but many patches are still remaining to be joined. Some joints have huge gaps of 2-3 ft wide, it has scrapped my WagonR's underbody very badly. But once this road gets completed Nagour-Raipur will be a flyer 3-4 hrs max.
shabahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2009, 17:19   #409
Distinguished - BHPian
 
anjan_c2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 5,531
Thanked: 4,703 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
that was a nice trip Anjan, loved the picture taken of the beast from the front.

Are those things comfortable on the seat for long drives, and what is with you, return journey of just 140 kms ? Heck, I do around 110 kms of return journey daily for my office in my Santro, with Scorpio my outing has to be 500 kms plus for return.

Take it out where it goes on and on and on.

Anyway, seems you enjoyed the trip a lot including the traffic

How was your service ? You got the bumpers painted ?
Thanks Amit for your viewing the posts.I can say that the seat add-on is Oh God! 110 kms return journey daily must be quite hectic. Yeah will go out for a longer trip soon and keep posted. The second free service is due soon and will get the bumpers mirrors etc painted then.Cheers
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2009, 17:47   #410
Distinguished - BHPian
 
anjan_c2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 5,531
Thanked: 4,703 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
Thanks Anjan, Thats the way our avaition minister keep's roads of his contituency.

Actually my relatives stay at Gondia/Bhalaghat and My home town is Durg. I usually come nagpur; then visit Gondia/Bhalaghat and furhter.

I dont know the current condition of NH6, but its condition is also not good in few places due to construction of 4 lane. They have surfaced the road but many patches are still remaining to be joined. Some joints have huge gaps of 2-3 ft wide, it has scrapped my WagonR's underbody very badly. But once this road gets completed Nagour-Raipur will be a flyer 3-4 hrs max.
Never knew that NH 6 was still in the pitiable condition.Sorry to learn about your Wagon R's underbody getting bruised.I will collect information about the latest on NH 6 and inform you about its state.The next time you come down do pm me so we can meet.
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 00:47   #411
Senior - BHPian
 
tanwaramit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Dilwalon ki Dilli
Posts: 1,886
Thanked: 334 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Thanks Amit for your viewing the posts.I can say that the seat add-on is Oh God! 110 kms return journey daily must be quite hectic. Yeah will go out for a longer trip soon and keep posted. The second free service is due soon and will get the bumpers mirrors etc painted then.Cheers
come on, you are one of the few ones who is updating his post on scorpio regularly, am glued to your thread right from the day you started the thread.

Is that Oh God in happy tone or sad tone !!

Yeah, 110 return trip is a hell, but its better than company transport, which takes quite a detour and time.

Had been waiting for your 2nd service, so is it in Jan ? Seems like you have decided to paint bumpers. I have a black santro with non painted bumpers, but I am ok with not painting them as scratches are quite often and with paint peeling off, it wont be a good stuff to see. However with scorpio its a different story, as people give respect to it and give way , some of the reasons to own the beast.

Last edited by tanwaramit : 30th December 2009 at 00:48.
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 01:10   #412
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 269
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The only addition to the normal headlight/lights switch is that there is a concentric ring (a break) in the middle which can be activated to switch on /off the fog lamps.Thus there is the headlight/lights switch to the extreme right. In between is the fog lamp switch and thereafter comes the idle stalk. So the original LX headlight/light switch is rendered jobless after this is fitted. The cost of the whole switch unit is some Rs 550=00 or so.
Is it available at Mahindra? Will it be a simple fit? I mean dont you think the steering etc will have to be removed (maybe opening the dash) and wiring to be connected with this switch?
WanderNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 17:55   #413
Distinguished - BHPian
 
anjan_c2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 5,531
Thanked: 4,703 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
come on, you are one of the few ones who is updating his post on scorpio regularly, am glued to your thread right from the day you started the thread.

Is that Oh God in happy tone or sad tone !!

Yeah, 110 return trip is a hell, but its better than company transport, which takes quite a detour and time.

Had been waiting for your 2nd service, so is it in Jan ? Seems like you have decided to paint bumpers. I have a black santro with non painted bumpers, but I am ok with not painting them as scratches are quite often and with paint peeling off, it wont be a good stuff to see. However with scorpio its a different story, as people give respect to it and give way , some of the reasons to own the beast.
Thanks and Sorry Amit that "Oh God" phrase which was to go with your daily drive of 110 kms. The seat cover add-on phrase has been incomplete.But I must say its quite quite comfortable and worth the Rs 500 something I paid for it.Actually I was finding that the driver's seat's seat cover is losing its sheen as I am constantly seated over it. So also to protect the seat cover's original fabric the add-on was thought of.
About body paint on bumpers etc agree with you that the scratches make it look ugly and as you say your Santro has that kind of rubs on the bumpers.Let me give it a try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
Is it available at Mahindra? Will it be a simple fit? I mean dont you think the steering etc will have to be removed (maybe opening the dash) and wiring to be connected with this switch?
Yes its available with the Mahindra dealers and also with their genuine spares outlets. Sure the electricals below the steering (console) needs to be opened. I am sure my A.S.S. fellows will be able to do a good job.It is not a very time consuming job and they were asking for 30-45 minutes.
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 13:54   #414
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

good to see your scorpio going some good places.Its superb built product from mahindra and i believe its base version LX with ABS and Airbags would have sold in huge numbers if given so.Nice pictures of your vehicle and places.Enjoy your ride.Any difference with fog lights on, also do share its picture.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 19:59   #415
Distinguished - BHPian
 
anjan_c2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 5,531
Thanked: 4,703 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
good to see your scorpio going some good places.Its superb built product from mahindra and i believe its base version LX with ABS and Airbags would have sold in huge numbers if given so.Nice pictures of your vehicle and places.Enjoy your ride.Any difference with fog lights on, also do share its picture.
Thanks vijay.Yes M & M could have given the ABS and airbags option on the LX as many would have paid the extra bucks for safety of near and dear ones and themselves.
No the fog lights are'nt yet fitted. Sometime soon I will go for the 2nd service and get done all these jobs.Will surely post pictures.As of now the pair of fog lights are in my possession.
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 19:04   #416
Distinguished - BHPian
 
anjan_c2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 5,531
Thanked: 4,703 Times
Default

The dent on the rear right that I had carelessly created sometime in October 09 has been repaired today. The job is well done and metal primer is applied. Cost me Rs 650=00 at my old trusted workshop.
Now cometh the 2nd free (they charge you so much still the title FREE) service with the A.S.S. during which I will get the fog lamps fitted and bumpers/door handles/OVRMs and grille painted in body colour.
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04706.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04707.jpg

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 2nd January 2010 at 19:11.
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 23:12   #417
Distinguished - BHPian
 
anjan_c2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 5,531
Thanked: 4,703 Times
Default

My Brute SUV was handed over for the Second Free Service yesterday 19/01/10 to the A.S.S..The SUV was to be handed over today viz. 20/01/10 after doing all the jobs earmarked.Today was Vidarbha bandh.So I may get the delivery only tomorrow as many workers did not report for duties though TASS was open.
Will post pictures after taking delivery tomorrow.
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 01:16   #418
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 269
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Yes its available with the Mahindra dealers and also with their genuine spares outlets. Sure the electricals below the steering (console) needs to be opened. I am sure my A.S.S. fellows will be able to do a good job.It is not a very time consuming job and they were asking for 30-45 minutes.
Checked with Mahindra dealer and service advisor there wasnt sure. He called up the store room and informed me that it can be done subject to the wiring being there. They will have to check if the wiring is there in the particular vehicle and had no idea if LX comes with wiring. Since I had driven to the A.S.S in my other car, couldnt get it checked. They quoted Rs. 2K for it and also said its a very labour intensive job (actually he had half knowledge and wasnt confident).

I ended up getting a switch for Rs. 200 and I am happy with it. You can check the details in the Scorpio issues thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
My Brute SUV was handed over for the Second Free Service yesterday 19/01/10 to the A.S.S..The SUV was to be handed over today viz. 20/01/10 after doing all the jobs earmarked.Today was Vidarbha bandh.So I may get the delivery only tomorrow as many workers did not report for duties though TASS was open.
Will post pictures after taking delivery tomorrow.
Waiting eagerly for the report.
WanderNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2010, 20:36   #419
Distinguished - BHPian
 
anjan_c2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 5,531
Thanked: 4,703 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
Waiting eagerly for the report.
Nice to know that you could get the lamps fitted. I have also got the fog lamps fitted. The wiring job is not yet done as the OE stalk to activate the fog lamp unit with the headlights/other lights was not available.I am waiting for one to be made available and will then get the wiring job completed.
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2010, 21:00   #420
Distinguished - BHPian
 
anjan_c2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 5,531
Thanked: 4,703 Times
Default

Meanwhile got the second servicing job completed on 21st and took delivery of the SUV that evening. As informed the Scorpio went to the A.S.S. on 19th and was the third vehicle to arrive at the dealer's outlet at around 0935 hrs.A service camp was on w.e.f. 18th till 23rd January at the A.S.S. so there were enough Xylos, Scorpios, Boleros, Logans and other Mahindra UV's all waiting in line.
I would have got delivery the same day but as paint jobs were to be done on the bumper, grille, door handles and so on that would take time.20th was Vidarbha bandh so I took no chances. Most workers did not report for duty and so neither was the job completed.The Service Manager informed me accordingly when called.
On 21st at 2.00 pm I got a call from the service department telling me that Scorpio is ready for delivery.I reached the A.S.S. and later found the SUV still waiting patiently for the paint job to be completed.As you may remember, there was a dent on the rear right side which was levelled off very well at a local workshop. The paint job over the dented surface needed to be done so the quarter rear right bumper was disassembled.The fog lamps were not fitted either. This was at 3.00 pm when I reached the workshop. The Service Manager when informed got into the action mode and told the fellows to do it all as fast as possible.At 6.00 pm I saw the SUV inside the dust free paint booth being given finishing touches and then being left for drying. Waiting patiently till 7.45 pm I was told at the lounge (which has a VCD/DVD player to keep visitors entertained) that the Scorpio is ready for delivery.All Managers, engineers and workers were very courteous and well behaved.As I had told earlier during my first free service, owners have to wait with drivers at this lounge which is crowded during such service camps.
I took delivery of the Brute SUV and drove my way home - a distance of 14 kms.Was wary of being caught in the traffic on the wrong foot as the localities and the National Highway no. 7 traversed are usually crowded and unruly during rush hours.The glitter and shine on the Scorpio were too vulnerable if scratched or dented even by a hand cart or a biker.I came back unscathed.TOUCHWOOD!
The bill came to around Rs 11000=00.Will post further details with pictures soon. This included changing the gear oil but all the other jobs were mainly related to the paint booth:
Retouching the levelled dented surface with Mystic Silver paint shade Rs 1400=00 (earlier I had spent Rs 650=00 for the denting at a local workshop).
The rest Rs 8700 odd were for painting the bumpers,grille, door handles, rear number plate light, foot board covers in body colour.Disassembling and refitting these for the paint job too costs an awful lot of money.Nonetheless I availed a discount of some Rs 700 as the service camp was on!
The fog lamps have been fitted but could not be activated as the wiring job was not done due to non availability of the right stalk viz,. headlight/light/fog lamp switch.
A new problem that has come up lately is that the rear right door's power window is not working. Intend to get it done up during the next visit.
Overall I was happy with the service provided and courtesy shown by M/s Unnati Motors but for the avoidable waiting time of nearly four hours involved.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 25th January 2010 at 21:12.
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LUMAX on Scorpio:Shoddy, Poor Quality OE Headlamp and Fog Lamps On My New Scorpio! anjan_c2007 Modifications & Accessories 26 25th January 2017 19:10
Bringing home the Mahindra Scorpio LX. EDIT : Scorpio finds a new home! benbsb29 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 168 8th January 2015 11:22
Old Scorpio Mhawk>>> New Scorpio Mhawk rishin.kalra SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 9 21st July 2009 15:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:23.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks