Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 23rd February 2010, 10:14   #451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I agree with your views on the horn. I find a pain too. You have to use lot of force to blow the horn. I thought it maybe related to the airbag in my steering wheel but it looks like a design flaw with all vehicles.
this was a problem in my non-CRDe scorpio too. gladly, they improved it in the CRDe & the pre-refresh mHawk, which has a feather touch horn.

sadly, i think they have again gone backwards with the refresh scorpios making the horn button hard.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:34   #452
Senior - BHPian

Did you know that the dog's sense of smell is 100,000 times that of a human's? (This is NOT a typo - 100,000 times!! thats right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
The size of brain lobes controlling the sense of smell is more then 100 times larger in dogs then humans. They can smell the unique signature of their body order even after you wash the tires. So after each washing they will pee again to renew the scent.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 21:39   #453
Distinguished - BHPian

After the Second Free Service on 22/1/2010 I had reported that the rear power window (right side) had conked off and was immobilised.
Yesterday while trying to fiddle with the control switch the faulty PW suddenly started working. That was totally without any repairs at all. Its a small miracle I believe.
Meanwhile the dealership has not yet got the fog light switch (stalk to the right on the steering column) that needs to be changed after the fitment of the fog lights on 21/01/2010.The fog lights are just ornamental now hence.
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 13:16   #454
Senior - BHPian

I guess some water must have seeped in while service. dried, connections ok, now working fine.

its only you who knows they are ornamental, for others its impressive looks
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2010, 23:04   #455
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
I guess some water must have seeped in while service. dried, connections ok, now working fine.
its only you who knows they are ornamental, for others its impressive looks
Yes Amit maybe that was the reason.Its working perfectly now.The third and the last free service is now due soon.Maybe I will get it done in the first week of May 2010.
The brute SUV is doing its job at its best and to my satisfaction. The AC is very effective. Have to fit the front windscreen sunfilm though now and am considering the Garware Alps for that.
To my dismay the A.S.S. has not been able to get hold of the headlight/foglight combo switch till date.The fog lights fitted in January are hence still ornamental.Feel I will have to call the company helpline now. While in Kolkata I had enquired with a A.S.S. there about this switch but they said I will have to buy the wiper side and the headlight side (Right and left) switches together and thats what they had for sale.No way! Why should I be penalised to buy the two for just fitting the foglights?
Old 3rd April 2010, 23:18   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
To my dismay the A.S.S. has not been able to get hold of the headlight/foglight combo switch till date.The fog lights fitted in January are hence still ornamental.Feel I will have to call the company helpline now. While in Kolkata I had enquired with a A.S.S. there about this switch but they said I will have to buy the wiper side and the headlight side (Right and left) switches together and thats what they had for sale.No way! Why should I be penalised to buy the two for just fitting the foglights?
The stalks are part of the combination switch and I'm quite sure that your dealer will also not be able to procure a single stalk for you because of the wiring involved. I hence suggest not fiddling with the combination switch and getting your fog lamps through a separate stand alone switch. Remember any change in the electrical circuit that includes tampering with the wiring harness will render your warranty on electrical systems null & void. Even I have separate direct circuit for my fog lamps.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 11:57   #457
Distinguished - BHPian

@MileCruncher:

I think Anjan is trying to have the orignial set up and hence the switch change. If it is done by the dealer there is no splicing of wires etc. The new switch assembly should be connected using the harness.

@Anjan:

Mahindra is generally pretty bad at providing spares that are not used frequently. I am suffering the same. I was shocked to find, there are no part numbers or catalogues with dealers etc. Their parts management is absolutely pathetic. With any well managed company, they dealer should be able to pull up the part number and place an order to get the part in a reasonable time.

Since Mahindra Satyam has pretty much lost major customers, they may as well be put to develop a good parts database and ordering system for Mahindra parts. If any one connected with Mahindra on this forum disputes my theory of shoddy part management, get @anjan his fog light switch and a 4x4 gear lever for me and we can discuss after.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 12:19   #458
BHPian

I agree, I have to call Mahindra directly to get the VLX sticker, once you reach Mahindra and by chance hit the right guys you get the parts next days ;-), I needed automatic sticker that are on the front door, instead I got the automatic badge.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 15:01   #459
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Quote:
@MileCruncher:
I am suffering the same. I was shocked to find, there are no part numbers or catalogues with dealers etc. Their parts management is absolutely pathetic. With any well managed company, they dealer should be able to pull up the part number and place an order to get the part in a reasonable time.
4x4 addict, which part number do you need? I think I can help you on this.

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 09:44   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Did you know that the dog's sense of smell is 100,000 times that of a human's? (This is NOT a typo - 100,000 times!! thats right.
Ya saw that on discovery but brain lobe size controlling olfactory senses was around 100 times more as per same program. My be sense of smell has logarithmic relation to size of corresponding brain lobe LOL.

Quote:

The size of brain lobes controlling the sense of smell is more then 100 times larger in dogs then humans..
@anjan sorry taking up your space to discuss dogs :-D
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 11:06   #461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
4x4 addict, which part number do you need? I think I can help you on this.

Spike
Will PM you Spike.

Thx
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 23:10   #462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@MileCruncher:

I think Anjan is trying to have the orignial set up and hence the switch change. If it is done by the dealer there is no splicing of wires etc. The new switch assembly should be connected using the harness.

@Anjan:

Mahindra is generally pretty bad at providing spares that are not used frequently. I am suffering the same. I was shocked to find, there are no part numbers or catalogues with dealers etc. Their parts management is absolutely pathetic. With any well managed company, they dealer should be able to pull up the part number and place an order to get the part in a reasonable time.

Since Mahindra Satyam has pretty much lost major customers, they may as well be put to develop a good parts database and ordering system for Mahindra parts. If any one connected with Mahindra on this forum disputes my theory of shoddy part management, get @anjan his fog light switch and a 4x4 gear lever for me and we can discuss after.
I was indeed told by the A.S.S. chaps that the right side stalk if fitted and the wiring harness only a bit redone (a 10 minute job) the fog light can be activated. They say they have done this for many Scorpios.Agree that M&M parts supply record is awful. Imagine if someone had to wait for some spare without which the SUV won't run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
The stalks are part of the combination switch and I'm quite sure that your dealer will also not be able to procure a single stalk for you because of the wiring involved. I hence suggest not fiddling with the combination switch and getting your fog lamps through a separate stand alone switch. Remember any change in the electrical circuit that includes tampering with the wiring harness will render your warranty on electrical systems null & void. Even I have separate direct circuit for my fog lamps.
As said above Mile Cruncher the A.S.S. chaps have been fitting fog lights and have told me that only the right stalk needs to be changed. I shall keep you posted on the developments.
Quote:
Ya saw that on discovery but brain lobe size controlling olfactory senses was around 100 times more as per same program. My be sense of smell has logarithmic relation to size of corresponding brain lobe LOL.

@anjan sorry taking up your space to discuss dogs :-D
Enjoying every bit of it. Please go ahead!
Old 10th April 2010, 20:29   #463
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the insurance renewed w.e.f. 14th April 2010. The original one was from ICICI Lombard but now I have switched over to Reliance who also have cashless transactions with the A.S.S.I have also got the ICE head unit insured for its original price (they do not permit depreciation for electronic gadgets as they do for the whole car/SUV etc) this time.Also got a no claim bonus. Touchwood! One year of ownership was hassle free and there were no hiccups of any kind.
Meanwhile I am enjoying the summer drives - here its 43.6 degrees Celsius at Nagpur.The next work to be done is fitting a sunfilm on the front windscreen and am looking out for the Garware Alps or the Ice Kool!
Old 10th April 2010, 22:45   #464
BHPian

I have gone with Garware through out, the difference is worth it, just make sure you get it done correctly. I do see lots of bubble every where there are bubbles on front windshield too but they are not in direct vision. These sun film are now becoming a necessary acessory rather than optional one, it would be better if manufacturer themselves provides a tinted or films on glass.
The total cost to me for films where 4.9k , 3k for front and 1.9k for others.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 22:53   #465
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
I have gone with Garware through out, the difference is worth it, just make sure you get it done correctly. I do see lots of bubble every where there are bubbles on front windshield too but they are not in direct vision. These sun film are now becoming a necessary acessory rather than optional one, it would be better if manufacturer themselves provides a tinted or films on glass.
The total cost to me for films where 4.9k , 3k for front and 1.9k for others.

-Pramod
Thanks pramods,true the front sunfilm is too necessary.Maybe the manufacturers can provide tint to prevent solar glare at a premium but that will be worth.