Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 23:47   #166
Senior - BHPian
 
architect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ghaziabad, U. P
Posts: 1,221
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
In my opinion don't use this tyre at front use this as spare one.As crack will increase more and more.
Absolutely, this is and will remain my spare tyre. The rim is fine, but the tyre does have a hairline crack visible. With an air pump in my boot, I hope I never have to use spare unless absolutely necessary like in this incident.
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 12:55   #167
BHPian
 
lalitk25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bavaria Germany
Posts: 190
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Just wanted to add in this thread, after reading alot of reviews about Palio Multijet over internet and few posts on Team BHP.
Yesterday I bought a second hand Palio SDE Multijet
specifications are
Sep 2008 Model (Delhi Registration)
Black In color
28000 Km driven
Brand new JkTyre not more than 2-3K driven
Autocop Center locking
Pioneer Stereo.
No accident, all sercice history with me all documents in place.
Car looks very clean even in black color.
And I paid 2.85 for this.
Please suggest if this is a good buy?
lalitk25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 13:03   #168
Team-BHP Support
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 6,860
Thanked: 3,581 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalitk25 View Post
28000 Km driven
Brand new JkTyre not more than 2-3K driven
The above points look contradictory, but since you have the service documents it should be fine,
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 23:04   #169
Senior - BHPian
 
architect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ghaziabad, U. P
Posts: 1,221
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
The above points look contradictory, but since you have the service documents it should be fine,
Oh Yes, I got your PM, Lalit, but I missed this point which eagle-eye Eddy noticed. Why would anyone change tyres at 25 k (unless he got sick of the stupid GPS2 and upsized!)? Is the tyre size 165/80/R13 or is it upgraded.

If you've bought it, keep a really close eye on tyre wear and suspension.
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 08:48   #170
BHPian
 
amarprusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 114
Thanked: Once
Default Furnace Red Palio Multijet-2nd Birthday

Furnace Red Palio Multijet-2nd Birthday

2 years of happness and no worries,feels very safe its home away from home in my Palio

Gifted my beauty with a 24-LED/AAA Battery rechargeable lamp in the rear seat and boot for better interior and boot visibility in night

Renewed insurance with Reliance at Rs 5.8K for IDV 3.4 lac
amarprusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 11:07   #171
BHPian
 
rudrah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 602
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarprusty View Post
Furnace Red Palio Multijet-2nd Birthday

2 years of happness and no worries,feels very safe its home away from home in my Palio

Gifted my beauty with a 24-LED/AAA Battery rechargeable lamp in the rear seat and boot for better interior and boot visibility in night

Renewed insurance with Reliance at Rs 5.8K for IDV 3.4 lac
Hey congrats on 2 year ownership!

Can you please post a pic of those lamp you have fitted and the cost and make? How was it done?

I too need to get it done in my Palio. This September my Palio would be completing 2 years, I too have kept a surprise gift for her
rudrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 12:15   #172
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 197
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

@ lalitk25: The resale price is worrying me.

@ amarprusty: I am about to renew insurance for my 2006 1.6 Sport. Can you help me with the contacts @ Reliance.

Cheers
Jagan
jagan0677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 14:21   #173
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 308
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalitk25 View Post
Just wanted to add in this thread, after reading alot of reviews about Palio Multijet over internet and few posts on Team BHP.
Yesterday I bought a second hand Palio SDE Multijet
specifications are
Sep 2008 Model (Delhi Registration)
Black In color
28000 Km driven
Brand new JkTyre not more than 2-3K driven
Autocop Center locking
Pioneer Stereo.
No accident, all sercice history with me all documents in place.
Car looks very clean even in black color.
And I paid 2.85 for this.
Please suggest if this is a good buy?
Hey sell it to me for 2.95 lack today itself if you feel its expensive deal.
sameer551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 23:07   #174
BHPian
 
amarprusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 114
Thanked: Once
Default 24 LED lamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Hey congrats on 2 year ownership!

Can you please post a pic of those lamp you have fitted and the cost and make? How was it done?

I too need to get it done in my Palio. This September my Palio would be completing 2 years, I too have kept a surprise gift for her
Good quality 24LED lamp with AAA battery and a magnet/sticky,got it from Canada in marchfor $2 each and got AAA rechargeable batteries and an express AA/AAA battery charger Environment Friendly
amarprusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 23:10   #175
BHPian
 
amarprusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 114
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan0677 View Post
@ lalitk25: The resale price is worrying me.

@ amarprusty: I am about to renew insurance for my 2006 1.6 Sport. Can you help me with the contacts @ Reliance.

Cheers
Jagan
Indeed very low resale price for a capable car

Negotiate hard with all insurance players,go with lowest premium and highest IDV value.

Thanks to my part time business have good negotiation skills unlike pure job folks
amarprusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 21:41   #176
BHPian
 
lalitk25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bavaria Germany
Posts: 190
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

I am back from delhi to chd trip in the car.
And it is as good as new.
It gave me an average of 22+ on highway and every part of car is working fine, no rattle only engine noise high...
Regarding tyres they were changed because it is a lease vehicle and maintainance is very specific and GPS2 are crap tyres they wear out pretty fast and I have checked the manuf date on tyres as well it is mid 2009, But seems tyre wera out is an issue with palio other please comment......
Color is black and scratch less and have every single document in hand.

Will post some pics later....

Thanks for the offer but I think I would not sell it and would keep it for quite a long time, because this engine is really good and would easily last 2L km with good maintainance. I am not sure about new buy for this vehicle but good maintained second hand is a steal......
lalitk25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2010, 20:24   #177
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 197
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

I had a small clarification:
Is the Palio Stile Multijet still sold in Metros, within the new emission norms?

Cheers
Jagan.
jagan0677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 13:07   #178
BHPian
 
lalitk25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bavaria Germany
Posts: 190
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

No It is not available in metros since 1st april this year.
All diesel and petrol palio are not available in metros because of emission standards there was a list of 13 cars which are now not selling in metros.
lalitk25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 10:46   #179
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 197
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalitk25 View Post
No It is not available in metros since 1st april this year.
All diesel and petrol palio are not available in metros because of emission standards there was a list of 13 cars which are now not selling in metros.
Would you have the list by any chance please?
jagan0677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 15:25   #180
BHPian
 
lalitk25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bavaria Germany
Posts: 190
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

It is discussed in details in below mentioned thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...4-norms-5.html (Cars discontinued due to BS4 norms)
lalitk25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Swift 1.3L DDIS engine overhauled at only 78,000 kms! manver786 Technical Stuff 20 16th November 2014 07:19
Fiat Palio Stile Multijet SDX 20000 Kms (1st report) streetlife Long-Term Ownership Reviews 16 16th April 2011 12:42
Palio Stile 1.6 or Palio Stile 1.3MJD? rudrah Hatchbacks 47 5th May 2008 03:45
Fiat Palio Stile 1.3 MultiJet anymenu The Indian Car Scene 18 21st January 2008 20:07


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:15.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks