Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 15th November 2010, 21:20   #211
BHPian

Hi Ravs,

I truly have missed all the excitement, damn did I miss seeing the palio at the Boat meet, I hope not. Your palio looks hot hot...I will give you a call and drop by this week for sure.

After seeing the paint job I think I will finally take my linea out to Mar's finally. Congrats....
downsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 16:15   #212
Senior - BHPian

Still waiting for a photoshoot of the newly painted car Where are the updates Ravveendrra?
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 18:23   #213
Senior - BHPian

Default Debut / Premiere

The GTX finally hit the road in time for the drag race on 14 Nov, so we decided to run it as it was. Sound damping sheets, oversize wheels & tyres, full interiors (except the head rests) and engine in stock condition. The car did not do well and came in with a shade under 19 seconds. If I want to drag the car, I will have to get a new set of wheels, re-work the ECU, get a good FFE and shed a lot of weight and aim to gain about a second and half to be in the reckoning with the winning VTecs.

Here are a few pics of the car taken on that day by Pulsar56.

Name:  DSC_4332.JPG
Views: 3052
Size:  115.0 KB

In the paddock with her stablemates

Name:  DSC_4458.JPG
Views: 2932
Size:  100.3 KB

A decent start

Name:  DSC_4459.JPG
Views: 2889
Size:  99.5 KB

On the run

Name:  DSC_4461.JPG
Views: 3007
Size:  69.7 KB

Thar she goes

Name:  DSC_4498.JPG
Views: 2885
Size:  105.9 KB

The two small cars return together

Name:  DSC_4499.JPG
Views: 2918
Size:  109.4 KB

Name:  DSC_4500.JPG
Views: 2928
Size:  108.8 KB

Now there are just a few more things left to complete like put on the head rests, monograms, decals, re-install the ICE etc. A full photoshoot will be in order after that.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 19:34   #214
Senior - BHPian

One word "AWESOME" truly italiano.The gtx looks awesome. Always loved the fiats,they always make cars that are well,trully well engineered.
As far as i know the palios came with lancia engines,please correct me if i am wrong.
rakesh_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2010, 11:31   #215
Senior - BHPian

Wow GTX looks awesome now. What is the orange thing on your rear windshield(LHS)?
Latheesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2010, 12:22   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
If I want to drag the car, I will have to get a new set of wheels, re-work the ECU, get a good FFE and shed a lot of weight and aim to gain about a second and half to be in the reckoning with the winning VTecs.
Maybe you should and I hope you will one day.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2010, 13:20   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
Will the bumper sport the original black strip or will the yellow paint on it remain?
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Wow that looks brilliant, and the quality is top notch.

Just a suggestion, please get tints and blacken the b pillar if possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Nice touch of your favourite colour on the linea alloys

It's coming really well. Am not sure if you have any plans on the interiors like carbon fibre touches, new seats...et al because this is the perfect time do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Nooooooo! .It is these subtle features that make the car stand out and its what makes people stare longer. Else, its just a Palio with stickers for a passer by in another vehicle.The car will still make people think " yaaar .... kuch tho alag hai"

Besides,Palios did come in some variants with body colored B-pillars. Same goes with the older Golfs and 205's .
Tried the car with body coloured B pillars since the 12th. I realised that the B pillars are too prominent and in the body colour were making the car look taller. Hence back to a dull black for the B pillars. They were painted last night and the car now looks more in proportion.

No more black anywhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Wow GTX looks awesome now. What is the orange thing on your rear windshield(LHS)?
You mean the letters running top to down? They read "Team Mars" the racing team that we race with.

Anachronix, Thank you!

Ravi, We need to plan for a photo shoot once the car is ready!
The Seats have been worth the wait. [quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Still waiting for a photoshoot of the newly painted car Where are the updates Ravveendrra?
Photo shoot coming up soon as soon as Pulsar and I can fix a time!

Last edited by mobike008 : 25th November 2010 at 15:39. Reason: Updated an incorrect quote tag :)
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 19:26   #218
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Palio GTX 1.6 acquired 2nd hand Edit: Pictures of Painting Process on Pg9

Ravveendrra Sir that is an awesome outcome of the GTX. Simply drool maal. Just stumbled upon this thread and was simply blown off. Especially like the seat work and the paint job.

I am actually looking at getting my 6 year old Santro painted and would need some pointers from you and I am also looking at getting my alloys painted in matt black for the Scorpio. Would get in touch with you.

Could you PM me your contact #.

Thank in advance
Shashi.
octane78 is offline   Reply With Quote