Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 09:59   #166
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I was in a bad state sunday morning, something of the dinner didnt go well with me, a head freezing AC in the room added to that cutting my sleep to just 3 hours.
+++
Is that the problem..something with the dinner or more chilled soda intake??

And you just kept your fiesta at home and enjoyed Unni's car. May be he wanted to drive his Fiesta since he is not able to drive long distance (borders) in the recent past??
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 13:44   #167
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,678
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Shaju, put up any pictures yet? Would love to see your take on Singaara Chennai!
Yes Sanju, I have posted few in the non-auto image thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
it is accessible quite easily from Blackers or Wallers road ..the problem was I think they took a wrong lane/turn landed bang inside the Richtie street mess instead of Meeran Sahib St.
Sanju, Meeran Sahib st is one way, cant enter from the casino theater side, in fact the parking is opp casino which is always full. We didnt know any of that, we tried the next left inside thats Richie st, anyway certain things are written to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Is that the problem..something with the dinner or more chilled soda intake??...And you just kept your fiesta at home and enjoyed Unni's car.
I think it was a mix of dinner Vs Ice cream Vs freezing AC in the hotel room. Yes the thought of Diesel made us take Unni's fiesta. Mine is waiting for the next drive .
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 10:15   #168
BHPian
 
sv1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 121
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

800kms, state border, meeting T-bhpians - what more could you ask for in a weekend Unni? Except for that nick on the door, that was sure a perfect weekend.

I also managed to add another 1100 duriing last weekend by doing B'lore-Cochin. Did the third service yesterday. They replaced the indicator/dim & dip switch under warranty. Remember I was telling you about problem I had tapping from bright to dim? Did any one else had a similar problem with indicator switch here?

Apart from that it was a regular service with engine oil change, wheel alignment, balancing, oil filter etc. SA did point out that wiper blade is not 100% perfect and could be changed. I didnt have any major issue with it even in my night drive last weekend. So decided to take it up later. I was happy to see a bill of Rs. 3501!
sv1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 17:41   #169
BHPian
 
unni.ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 777
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Well Unni, I am surprised you still have a car! Next time ask us about the area before you book a hotel. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Gilead, the hotel location is opp to Casino theater..it is accessible quite easily from Blackers or Wallers road ..the problem was I think they took a wrong lane/turn landed bang inside the Richtie street mess instead of Meeran Sahib St.
Through all this what stood out was the good nature of people. One of the guys who was unloading things from an auto, actually walked in front of the car for a while moving scooters and such. People whom we asked for direction on the road were also real helpful, talking slow and repeating since they understood we were from out of state. I did not expect Chennai to be like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv1976 View Post
800kms, state border, meeting T-bhpians - what more could you ask for in a weekend Unni? Except for that nick on the door, that was sure a perfect weekend.

I also managed to add another 1100 duriing last weekend by doing B'lore-Cochin. Did the third service yesterday. They replaced the indicator/dim & dip switch under warranty. Remember I was telling you about problem I had tapping from bright to dim? Did any one else had a similar problem with indicator switch here?

Apart from that it was a regular service with engine oil change, wheel alignment, balancing, oil filter etc. SA did point out that wiper blade is not 100% perfect and could be changed. I didnt have any major issue with it even in my night drive last weekend. So decided to take it up later. I was happy to see a bill of Rs. 3501!
It was a good weekend for sure. I did read your comments on the road conditions to Kerala thread. Good to know that they replaced the indicator stalk under warranty. If and when replacing the wipers, go with Bosch. That's what I use and I'm pretty happy with its performance. Regular service at Rs3501 is pretty decent!!
unni.ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 19:42   #170
BHPian
 
unni.ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 777
Thanked: 80 Times
Default 44800kms/34months

Did a weekend drive to Pondichery, and thanks to the drive being at night with incessant rains on bad roads, I broke a wheel cover. The rim got slightly bent as well . Other than that, all going as normal. The wheel cover is the older one, the 5 spoke type. Not sure if I'll get just one, and even as a set, if this model is available now.

Name:  6333_118888451174_516141174_2770120_847285_n.jpg
Views: 1258
Size:  2.6 KB
unni.ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 21:39   #171
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,265
Thanked: 1,233 Times
Default

Sorry to hear about that rim and wheel cover. I am not sure if you'll get that old cover now, and if so, you may get an entire set and not just one.

Since it is a steel rim, I think it can be forged back into shape. Do keep us posted.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 12:24   #172
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 332
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Hi unni.ak,

Actually those wheels covers are very much available in chennai it costs around Rs.800 a piece as per chennai FORD pricings. Better you go for aftermarket wheel covers for that price.
Jebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 12:49   #173
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,039
Thanked: 2,075 Times
Red face

Hi Unni,

Really sad to know that the rim and wheel cover is damaged. Did it hit something that hard for the rim to bend or was it the pothole which could not be seen. Did you feel any noticeable change with a bent rim while driving or loss of tyre pressure. Do update us on the rectification.

BTW could not open the pic you posted, I suppose it was showing the bent rim right?
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 13:52   #174
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,678
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Did a weekend drive to Pondichery, and thanks to the drive being at night with incessant rains on bad roads, I broke a wheel cover.
If you had planned it atleast 24 hours prior to the drive, I would have joined (if there was space ). Wheel cover is plastic right ? I have seen plenty of it at JC Road of all brands and types. If single piece is difficult, try shivajinagar area where they bring all types of automobile stuff collected from shops and service centers. Its next to the St.Mary's Basilica.

Keep your dates free for the last 2 weekends of October. We should catch up and drive for a shoot.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 16:55   #175
BHPian
 
unni.ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 777
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Sorry to hear about that rim and wheel cover. I am not sure if you'll get that old cover now, and if so, you may get an entire set and not just one.

Since it is a steel rim, I think it can be forged back into shape. Do keep us posted.
Yes, on the way back, I had stopped at a tyre repair place and got the rim hammered to shape. Not perfect, but managed to do the drive back without issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
Hi unni.ak,

Actually those wheels covers are very much available in chennai it costs around Rs.800 a piece as per chennai FORD pricings. Better you go for aftermarket wheel covers for that price.
Rs800 for one!! That is expensive for sure. Need to look at alternatives then I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Hi Unni,

Really sad to know that the rim and wheel cover is damaged. Did it hit something that hard for the rim to bend or was it the pothole which could not be seen. Did you feel any noticeable change with a bent rim while driving or loss of tyre pressure. Do update us on the rectification.

BTW could not open the pic you posted, I suppose it was showing the bent rim right?
Yes, I hit a pot hole at speed. Blinded by rain and oncoming bright lights!! Thankfully there was no loss of tyre pressure, how ever, the steering started wobbling. It is still there to some extent. Need to get the balancing and alignment done. The pic was to show the type of wheel cover I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
If you had planned it atleast 24 hours prior to the drive, I would have joined (if there was space ). Wheel cover is plastic right ? I have seen plenty of it at JC Road of all brands and types. If single piece is difficult, try shivajinagar area where they bring all types of automobile stuff collected from shops and service centers. Its next to the St.Mary's Basilica.

Keep your dates free for the last 2 weekends of October. We should catch up and drive for a shoot.
It was planned and executed in under 10mins!!! At around 7:30pm we were talking about going for a drive, and by 7:40pm, we were driving out. Been a long long time since such drives have happened. Just let me know where, and we'll go one of the weekends for sure.

Thanks for the tip on the Shivaji Nagar area. Guess I will have to look into that.
unni.ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 19:39   #176
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 951
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Yes, I hit a pot hole at speed. Blinded by rain and oncoming bright lights!!
Sure, Nothing else?

Drive Safe.
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 19:48   #177
BHPian
 
unni.ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 777
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Sure, Nothing else?

Drive Safe.
Yes, nothing else . And thankfully I saw the wheel cover fly off and recovered it. It is not fun walking around in pitch dark, with heavy rain, looking for a grey colored wheel cover in the foliage!!!

And just to clarify, speed was about 40-50kmph.

Last edited by unni.ak : 6th October 2010 at 19:50.
unni.ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 15:03   #178
BHPian
 
sv1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 121
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Yes, nothing else .
And just to clarify, speed was about 40-50kmph.
With the kind of rains that side during the weekend, you are lucky. I was on Blr-Chennai-Blr last weekend and had to encounter one of the heaviest rains I've ever seen in Tamilnadu. Almost zero visibility.

I'm told you'll easily get single wheel cover for less than 300 in Shivaji nagar (same area Shaju suggested). Makes no sense to pay 800
sv1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2010, 20:23   #179
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 392
Thanked: 205 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Thanks Unni and benbsb.

Tyre make is MRF. My gut feeling also that it can run for another 20K KM. I will check with outside tyre shop as well. The problem with Hyderabad is that we may not get the right answer from the outside tyre shops as well. I will enquire in a couple of shops and update the thread accordingly
HI Unni,

Today I checked with a couple of shops today and they checked the tyres and were saying that no issues with the alloys
anumod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2010, 21:34   #180
BHPian
 
unni.ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 777
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv1976 View Post
With the kind of rains that side during the weekend, you are lucky. I was on Blr-Chennai-Blr last weekend and had to encounter one of the heaviest rains I've ever seen in Tamilnadu. Almost zero visibility.

I'm told you'll easily get single wheel cover for less than 300 in Shivaji nagar (same area Shaju suggested). Makes no sense to pay 800
I know! Ford should bring the price of such spares down. Rs800 is a bit too much for one piece. Got alignment and balancing done over the weekend. The Toe settings on Right Front was out by a bit. The rim had a bend on the inside as well, that was hammered out. Running good now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
HI Unni,

Today I checked with a couple of shops today and they checked the tyres and were saying that no issues with the alloys
Well, then no need to change them! MRFs do last pretty well.
unni.ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Predator - Ebony Black Hyundai Verna CRDI SX ABS - 100,000 kms update on pg 15 predatorwheelz Long-Term Ownership Reviews 248 12th September 2016 08:23
Sai Service Ripoff! Rs. 18,000 for service of Swift (22K kms) UPDATE: Excess refunded AkMar Indian Car Dealerships 158 8th January 2016 18:58
Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi ZXi 60,000 kms. review / Still fida over the fiesta Sugeeta Long-Term Ownership Reviews 60 29th September 2015 12:18
Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi Review : 98,000 kms up. EDIT : Now sold! lamborghini Long-Term Ownership Reviews 137 7th January 2013 00:14
Palio GTX - Red beast comes home! EDIT: update @100,000 kms JVH Long-Term Ownership Reviews 327 7th August 2012 15:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:48.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks