Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 23rd March 2010, 11:36   #286
BHPian

HAve Crossed 20000km mark . and my beauty is just getting better

Also , i thought i should also post some pictures of my Linea's interiors after 20k (11 months) as lot of you felt that light colored interiors get soiled or difficult to maintain). My car interiors face attacks by kids (food , oily stuff,beverages even scribble by pens) and the service centre guys rubbing all the grease against the beautiful leather seats and the mumbai dust . I Dont think that my Stanley leather looks even a week old

P.S. : Chk earlier interior pics here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...g-18-a-10.html pg 10 of this thread.
Attached Thumbnails
The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-20100323-11.03.24.jpg  

The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-20100323-11.03.40.jpg  

The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-20100321-22.30.33.jpg  

The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-20100321-22.33.53.jpg  

Last edited by FastLove : 23rd March 2010 at 11:40.
FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:58   #287
BHPian

Mint! The beauty deserves the condition you are maintaining her in. After all, a well kept mistress will provide you all the joys .
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:45   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Mint! The beauty deserves the condition you are maintaining her in. After all, a well kept mistress will provide you all the joys .
Yes mate . Only this beauty is cheap on the pockets as well
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:05   #289
BHPian

brother.. is it... petrol one...??
can you also elaborate the mileage in city . highways...
vikram999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 18:47   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram999 View Post
brother.. is it... petrol one...??
can you also elaborate the mileage in city . highways...
Yeah bro. Its petrol emotion + . I get around 12kmpl in mumbai city
. Highways i have recorded upto 20kmpl n even above in short distances of 100km of disciplined driving. But, overall with my driving ,where i have driven upto 190kph and averaging 120 to 140kph during long highway drives i have managed about 13 - 14 kmpl only. So, its completely your driving that decides the mileage u get. On this forum you will find 22kmpl achieved consistently over 400km drive on a linea petrol. Geeash has achieved that if i am not mistaken. With restraint i am gonna post that or maybe better very soon.
Old 23rd March 2010, 18:51   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on completing 20K. With more than 1500 kms a month, did you consider buying MJD or the Linea bug is affecting you and urging you to drive more.

By the way, the interiors look spanking new.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 19:09   #292
BHPian

I have always believed as a thumb rule that if your drive is over 1500 kilometer per month then diesel is the way to go. Infact, i hav a 5.4 year old petrol marina that has done 65000km so far. With that calculation i'd say that you are right that its the linea that is driving me rather than the other way around
And most importantly i dont regret my decision 1 bit.
Old 24th March 2010, 09:51   #293
BHPian

Fastlove, you are munching miles faster and faster.
Congrats on reaching 20K. The interiors look brand new and hats off to you for maintaining her well.
bnzjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 00:01   #294
BHPian

Finally Crossed the 30k Mark . Here is the Update -->

The Highlights of the 30000 km Service :
1. The 30k Service was actually done @29654 km
2. The reason it reached the Service Centre earlier ?? - On 21/08/2010 evening i was driving near my home (it was raining heavily). I was stopping near my destination when suddenly i felt the Clutch giving way . It actually became free and i could not engage the gear. I immediately called FIAT RSA and a Towing Vehicle was at the spot in 30minutes. In the meantime i called Amit (VahanPujari) to take his advice on this situation as i remembered he had a similar situation in the early days of his ownership. Anyway as it was late evening my car had to be parked at Fortune ,Nerul for the next day and was taken for servicing on Monday morning.
3. Monday morning i was the first to be at the Fortune Facility and was immediately attended by the SA there. I was told that the Clutch Slave Cylinder had given way and that caused this mishap. I advised him to take the car for the 3rd Free Service (30k service) as it was due.
4. There was only one complaint i had for the 3rd service - A strange noise from under the bonnet whenever i started the car from idle. This was noticed only after 29000km or so.
5. I got my car back the same evening with all work done to my satisfaction except that the wheel alignment was not perfect.
6. The Bill was Rs. 7379 .
MAjor cost included -- Oil Change - Rs. 1789/- ; Coil (replaced as it was broken) The noise from bonnet fixed -- Rs. 1904/- ; Clutch Slave Cylinder -- Replaced free under warranty ; Wheel Alignment and Balancing --- Rs. 950/- ; Spark Pugs Replaced -- Rs. 320/- ; Taxes and Misc. -- Additional.
7. I was asked if i want to change the Front Brake Pads ..As it looked like it can do another 5 - 8k km i said NO to that.

Post 30000km Points :

1. Planning to change the Tires in next 10000 km - Need suggestions.
2. Will look at the Brake Pads Change soon. There is absolutely No indication for Brake Pad change while driving. This is purely based on the advice from TASS.
3. My Red Beauty is a Dream to Drive even at 30000 km . Iam not surprised btw .
4. Will be driving to Goa on Friday
5. The Ride is smoother than ever and i am just loving every moment with my Chica Italiano!!

Last edited by FastLove : 31st August 2010 at 00:02.
Old 31st August 2010, 00:06   #295
BHPian

Latest Pictures of my Beauty
Attached Thumbnails
The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-img_20100828_202258.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 23rd October 2010, 16:36   #296
BHPian

This is after amost a month and more than a 3000km of Driving with my NEW 100 BHP Linea that i write this report.

I got my Linea re-mapped recently. Actually , i was not aware of the re-mapping being discussed by Fiatians in other forums. Got a link fwd from my friend who informed me of the re-mapping that can be done on my Linea. (Dont want to promote the Remap brand or person without the permission from the mods here) . On the evening i got the contact number i called up and fixed up an appointment. The very next day i was at the mentioned location and after an hour long meeting gave him the keys to my 89BHP Linea.

While he was working on my Linea i drove his Swift and boy did it feel awesome to drive the swift on palm beach road .....His kiirus tuned Swift made me hungry to see my linea do the same

I got my car back in about 1 and a half hour . The first few kilometers you dont feel a huge difference in the power . After maybe a few kms , actually while driving back home , i just couldnt wipe the smile off my face. I was cruising , actually, flying and was literally apologising to all those who i was leaving behind , talking to myself --"sorry folks i cheated i am on steroids now" . Its not that i didnt speed earlier ...i have driven at 180kmph + on xpressway and loved my baby as it is. But who says no to a little bit of help from outside when u can get it for ...a few bucks..not me !!!

The 2nd and 3 rd gear are the most effected after the tuning. The car just zips and now and no worries on climbing a flyover or ghat in traffic even on 3rd gear. There is no dearth of power which was slightly an issue while climbing in 2 nd gear. People sitting on the passenger seat have been treated to the Power and i havent stopped getting those words of appreciation for the thrill of acceleration that even the passengers feel in the gut when i step on the accelerator.

The most important question - Effect n the Fuel consumption ....Absolutely marginal. I am getting a FE of 10.8 on MID in strict city driving in mumbai with full AC. My earlier FE used to hover around 11.3 up mostly while my driving used to be more in navi mumbai. Since the last 2 Tank top-ups i have used Premium Petrol . However , due to work related travel i have been forced to be driving in city traffic in andheri, then to south mumbai in heavy traffic. and the FE has not dropped below 10 .

I am completely in awe of my car all over again and the Love Story witht the Linea is only getting Stronger.

One more thing to mention - I was told that the 2 things to observe post the Remap are FE and Emission . FE is no problem at all. Emission - I did a PUC and the emission levels are absolutely unaffected

Last edited by FastLove : 23rd October 2010 at 16:56.
Old 23rd October 2010, 17:38   #297
BANNED

Congrats FastLove. It seems that Kiirus tuning is better than Petes tuning box. Is this Re-map only for FIRE or can this be done to the MJD as well?

Any idea about Kiirus+Petes in MJD? I think having both of them together would give us a supercar.
Of course, a lot of Vitamin M is required for such a combo.

Also, any info on the effect on engine life because of a re-map?
PaddleShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2010, 17:49   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Congrats FastLove. It seems that Kiirus tuning is better than Petes tuning box. Is this Re-map only for FIRE or can this be done to the MJD as well?

Any idea about Kiirus+Petes in MJD? I think having both of them together would give us a supercar.
Of course, a lot of Vitamin M is required for such a combo.

Also, any info on the effect on engine life because of a re-map?
Thanks paddleshifter! The tuning can be done on MJD also. Infact, Turbo charged engines respond better to the remap.
don't know much on the Pete's bro!

The remapping only changes the ECU mapping for the fuel/ air intake and does not effect the engine in anyway as I m given to understand.
Old 24th October 2010, 13:12   #299
BHPian

I need such a remap for our Linea E+ as well. If possible please do mail me the contact and details. Also, had you asked him something specific for a remap fastlove? And most importantly how much did it cost??

Also whats the exact output post remap, any changes in the torque??

Last edited by MihirC : 24th October 2010 at 13:21.
MihirC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2010, 18:19   #300
Senior - BHPian

FastLove,

Congrats on crossing 30K mark.
Time to change your Thread Name .
How much did you spend for remapping?
Enjoy and Drive Safe
aks_karthik is online now   Reply With Quote