Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 25th October 2010, 13:13   #301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
I need such a remap for our Linea E+ as well. If possible please do mail me the contact and details. Also, had you asked him something specific for a remap fastlove? And most importantly how much did it cost??

Also whats the exact output post remap, any changes in the torque??
There is a very considerable gain in torque and BHP. Exact Figures will be only after i do a Dyno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
FastLove,

Congrats on crossing 30K mark.
Time to change your Thread Name .
How much did you spend for remapping?
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Thanks Karthik. Cost - 21k.
FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 14:18   #302
BHPian

Thumbs up

Hey Fastlove

I bumped into your thread after I was going over the T-Jet review. I am glad to know that a ECU remap can be done locally, and you seem to be happy to with the job. I have been looking for a remap instead of physical mods. I knew some folks in the UK were doing remaps on the GP there. When I was looking around locally I could not find any, or probably I did not put too much effort.

Can you please PM the contact details of the person who can help me with this. And I know this is a stupid but whatever happens to the Warranty, I don't know if Fiat A.S.S will really run an Diagnostics to check on this. Anyway, i am traveling out of the country now probably will be on this first thing when I am back.
downsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 14:32   #303
BHPian

Remapping ECU will void the warranty. I understand that FIAT A** will run a ECU check everytime you go for a service and this will definitely reflect in the test. I would not take that chance if I were you.
Palio_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 23:52   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Remapping ECU will void the warranty. I understand that FIAT A** will run a ECU check everytime you go for a service and this will definitely reflect in the test. I would not take that chance if I were you.
How sure are you. On the Kiirus website it states in the FAQ -

Q: Will a remap affect my vehicle warranty?
A: Remapping is virtually untraceable so this will not affect your warranty.

Can someone please clarify? Thanks.
invidious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2010, 00:22   #305
BHPian

Below are just my thoughts -
Well, till the time car is not having any major issue and they (Service Workshop) don't have to replace anything (which comes under warranty), there will not be any issue.
But the moment, there is some major fault in car/engine due any other issue, they will do a complete check (now they will as I am assuming some FIAT guy must be reading team-bhp forum & KiiRUS claim also) and if they detect somehow, it will be used as a reason to reject the warranty.

But all the old/initial Linea owners (who have default 2 yrs warranty & not opted for extended warranty at the time of purchase) can take a risk of ECU remap as 2 yrs will be over soon.

Last edited by vinay.pillai : 29th October 2010 at 00:25.
vinay.pillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2010, 22:54   #306
BHPian

My thoughts : I am sure most of you must have bought your FIAT after being warned (atleast once) against putting your money on it. You didn't care and are are proud (or regret) your decision
Its the same with this decision. Do what you feel matters to you.
Old 13th January 2011, 19:50   #307
BHPian

Default Update@39600km after Air Intake Revision (AIR)

Dyno Update for my linea (refer the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2208737 (Accord V6, mapped Linea, Fusion & Jetta on the dyno! UPDATE: Comparo on pg3)

1. Got my Clutch replaced at around 35000km. This was done within warranty by FIAT as a "Goodwill" gesture as mentioned in the TASS note put up for my case. I used best of my persuasive skills here.
2. Got the AIR (Air Intake Revision) fitted on 22nd December after Peter (drifter) landed in mumbai. The First Linea he ever saw ( under the hood) and worked upon .

Refer to the Dyno Graphs Before and After the AIR was fitted in the link above :

My Observations :
1. I had a good experience since the Remap and the difference was felt by other Linea Owners who drove my car even during the FIAT Ranjangaon Plant Visit on Dec. 3rd. Infact i drove other Linea 1.4 N.A and could immediately feel what i had gained in terms of the Peppiness after the Remap.
2. Experience with AIR : After Meeting Peter and within half an hour of shaking hands with him , he was under my car and within 5 minutes my AIR was fitted.
- The Overall driveability has gone a notch higher and i mean to a level where the smile is permanently etched on my face in all driving conditions.
- a gentle tap and the car moves from 1000rpm on 5th gear effortlessly. The lower gears have got peppier and i just love whatever the car is doing now all with a gentle tap on the accelerator pedal
- on a test run before we did the dyno ..we clocked 13.2 sec for a 0 to 100 run .
We had a stock Linea 1.4 N.A. side by sude that best clocked 14.7 sec. for the same stretch.

Other Observations :
On the dyno run day we had a Punto 1.2 (67BHP as per manufacturer) with following figures without AIR : 50BHP on the Wheel
and with AIR : 58BHP on the wheel
Noteworthy is the fact that the stock showed 50bhp that is a loss of 25% on the wheel.
Strictly my opinion here is - linea 1.4 with that calculation should have a stock bhp of 67bhp on the wheel. My car showed 80bhp on the dyno run on 30th Oct (with bad clutch) and 78BHP on 3rd December (after clutch replacement, very strangely) . Sadly , we did not do a dyno on a stock Linea 1.4 N.A. (which i would be eager to know the figures of)

Overall, My mathematics and "wishful thinking " tells me that even if I take a 17% loss on wheels... I am driving a 100bhp car now after the AIR fitted . My last dyno result with AIR showed 83BHP on the wheels.
Note - Linea 1.4 N.A. has 89BHP Power as stated in the manual.
The most notable difference is the Torque that is what i am enjoying more than the BHP gain which as you must have noticed is much more in the Punto 1.2 that gained 8 BHP after fitting AIR.

The few runs we did on an empty stretch of road gave the following results :
Before AIR
0-100: 13.83s
0-110: 16.17s
1/4m ET: 19.24s
1/4m TS: 121.6kph

With AIR
0-100: 13.23s
0-110: 14.3s
1/4m ET: 18.92s
1/4m TS: 123kph

Improvement
0-100: 0.6s
0-110: 1.87s
1/4m ET: 0.32s
1/4m TS: 2.4kph

Last edited by FastLove : 13th January 2011 at 19:52.
Old 22nd March 2011, 19:06   #308
BHPian

Default Re: "L'affare di Linea a 45000km (FIAT Linea 1.4)

My Beauty featured in DreamCarz March 2011 Issue ...
Attached Thumbnails
The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-untitled001.jpg  

Last edited by FastLove : 22nd March 2011 at 19:15.
Old 22nd March 2011, 20:28   #309
BHPian

Default Featured in DreamCarz MArch 2011

The Line up of cars featured in Dreamcarz MArch 2011 edition.
Attached Thumbnails
The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-dreamcarz.jpg  

Old 22nd March 2011, 21:11   #310
BHPian

Default re: The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 - 45000km Service Update on pg. 22

Let me be the First to Congratulate you. Wow..!! Dude, congrats on beauty been featured in the article. Where's the party man

One question, in the third pic why they have compared the Linea with Jazz & Cedia ? Can you post the full article.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 22nd March 2011 at 21:13.
sharma_sanjeevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2011, 23:54   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Let me be the First to Congratulate you. Wow..!! Dude, congrats on beauty been featured in the article. Where's the party man

One question, in the third pic why they have compared the Linea with Jazz & Cedia ? Can you post the full article.
Thanks Sanjeev sir

The party is happening all over the place ....all the time

There are no comparisons! I dont have the magazine copy yet in my hand. This was emailed to me by my friend.

Should have the copies courired by the magazine guys reaching me tomorrow mostly.

Last edited by FastLove : 22nd March 2011 at 23:57.
Old 23rd March 2011, 10:26   #312
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default Re: "L'affare di Linea a 45000km (FIAT Linea 1.4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
My Beauty featured in DreamCarz March 2011 Issue.
Nice to see your cute and powerful Linea in print, ShahJahan. Congrats.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2011, 11:10   #313
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Shajahan! Looks like the new clutch definitely helped . When I drove your car, it wasn't possible to gauge any improvements thanks to the slippery old clutch. Now however, you have a timing sheet to brag about . 13.3 seconds is a pretty decent improvement for the 1.4 N/A Linea.

What intake are you running? And where is Dreamcarz available? Do they have a website?
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2011, 12:20   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Congrats Shajahan! Looks like the new clutch definitely helped . When I drove your car, it wasn't possible to gauge any improvements thanks to the slippery old clutch. Now however, you have a timing sheet to brag about . 13.3 seconds is a pretty decent improvement for the 1.4 N/A Linea.

What intake are you running? And where is Dreamcarz available? Do they have a website?
@ravi Sir -thank you for your kind words

@GTO - Buddy, thank you.
The intake has been designed and installed by Peter (drifter) .
Dreamcarz is a north India based magazine and are the same people associated with wheelocity on zee. The magazine is difficult to find on stands but they do sell here in mumbai. Infact, I have not got my hands on the hard copy of the magazine yet. They have courierEd few copies to me though. You mostly see this magazine at car showrooms/ dealerships. Will try to update this thread with more on the full report, including the remapped jazz and lancer that were tested.

Bunny punia is the person who did the review. The figures were tested on a v-box. Earlier when Peter did the 0-100, he managed very similar figures on an iphone app.
Bunny writes autoblogs and he should be updating this report there shortly. No online version of the mag though.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Last edited by FastLove : 23rd March 2011 at 12:35.
Old 23rd March 2011, 12:41   #315
BHPian

My 45000km and 4 th free service is due and have got appointment for the same on Friday, 25th March. This is exactly 23 months from date of purchase.

I have made the following list for the service visit. Nothing major to address, so made list for as small a issue as possible.

[ ] CSC replacement with the new aluminium design.
[ ] Wiper fluid tank has shifted from position. Small crack.
[ ] Dinitrol anti rust treatment
[ ] Oil change
[ ] AC UPGRADE (part of fiats initiative to replace entire A C assembly.
[ ] Clutch bleeding (slight noise)
[ ] Coolant top up
[ ] RHS Head light focus alignment
[ ] Wiper spray nozzle alignment
[ ] replace wiper blades
[ ] Check boot light
[ ] Driver side vanity mirror coming off
Passenger side visor broken
[ ] Obd cover clips

Will post the service report by weekend.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk