Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 4th May 2009, 18:07   #46
BHPian

Default Resuming the mdia player after pausing it

Guys slight problem. I normally listen to the media player (music on the usb memory stick) but at times unintentionally pause it. Don't know how to resume the dam thing.

Anyone know how to do resume or which button to press on the steering audio controls or HU?
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2009, 19:09   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
Guys slight problem. I normally listen to the media player (music on the usb memory stick) but at times unintentionally pause it. Don't know how to resume the dam thing.

Anyone know how to do resume or which button to press on the steering audio controls or HU?
Press SRC/OK button on steering control right hand side repeatedly. It'll change FM-AM-CD-Media Player etc.

If that does not work, manually select CD player from central console & then press SRC/OK on steering repeatedly. It should work
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2009, 21:51   #48
BHPian

Taking a wild guess here ...
You can use voice commands ... maybe "resume" or "next track"
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2009, 22:31   #49
Senior - BHPian

Default Resuming the mdia player after pausing it

Quote:
Press windows button and say play it will play. If you stay stop it will stop playing too. Alternatively you can say "media" and then "play anything".
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 07:39   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post

the Esc button when pressed once pauses the audio and when the same is pressed again resumes the audio

Last edited by FastLove : 5th May 2009 at 07:43.
FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 08:07   #51
BHPian

I have to slam the doors a little harder than usual to shut since i have got the car. Anybody else find this problem ? I had shown this immediately to Dealer who showed me that all linea doors close the same way as it has 2 levels of locking . one when you push it slowly and when you push little more it shuts perfectly. But now i feel it is too annoying that anyone who has got into my car has not been able to shut the door tight in one attempt. Anything different i am facing here ??

Also couple of times i could not open the right rear door from outside on unlocking even after all other doors opened easily. i think i have to report this to dealer.
Old 5th May 2009, 09:06   #52
Senior - BHPian

Default Door slam

Quote:
I have to slam the doors a little harder than usual to shut since i have got the car. Anybody else find this problem ?
It is a norm in european cars that the door closes only when slammed with force to enforce the solidity of the doors. The guage of the sheets used in doors of linea are thicker than any other contemporary sedans which gives great protection and security. And it is because of this the doors need to be slammed to close. I have experienced the same thing right from the test drive and it is just a matter of getting used to. Soon you will find the right technique to close the door with right amount of force. But only disheartening thing is that some might say the car door is not closing properly. Some might use undue force when told about it ,to close the car which migh damage the inner coupling leavers. You cannot educate each and everyone who gets into the car. Better way is that if the people cannot close the door properly, just tell them you will close the door and help others by helping yourself. Afterall you are the right person who can do the right thing for your car.

cheers
ashwin
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 09:45   #53
BHPian

Thanks guys for the suggestions will try them all....

Yes the doors have to be slammed, it's quite an annoyance if you have moved from a Japanese or Korean Car. I'm ok with it cause people used to slam my wagon-r doors and that would tick me off no end. Now its fun to see them actually straining a muscle to close it properly
Old 5th May 2009, 10:31   #54
Senior - BHPian

It happened to me many times.
My dad told me For closing the door itself i need to have some extra food.
But many times it's annoying,i have to tell each and every one to close it again for proper closing Up.
previously i used to have WagonR ,that time i instructed my parents don't slap the door hardly.
Now i am telling please slap the door hardly to close it properly.
I am in extravaganza
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 17:26   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
It is a norm in european cars that the door closes only when slammed with force to enforce the solidity of the doors. The guage of the sheets used in doors of linea are thicker than any other contemporary sedans which gives great protection and security. And it is because of this the doors need to be slammed to close. I have experienced the same thing right from the test drive and it is just a matter of getting used to. Soon you will find the right technique to close the door with right amount of force. But only disheartening thing is that some might say the car door is not closing properly. Some might use undue force when told about it ,to close the car which migh damage the inner coupling leavers. You cannot educate each and everyone who gets into the car. Better way is that if the people cannot close the door properly, just tell them you will close the door and help others by helping yourself. Afterall you are the right person who can do the right thing for your car.

cheers
ashwin
thankx geeash , got the point and got my answer
Old 9th May 2009, 18:41   #56
BHPian

1000 KM UPDATE :

1. TRIP B IS RESET TO ZERO ON EVERY REFUEL. Last Refill status
Trip Distance 385 km
Average consumption B (on tripmeter) 11.9 km/l
Average consumption as per tank full to tank full (manual calculation) 11.6 km/l

2. My city driving has been more in the stretch from navi mumbai to nariman point - malad through JVLR. Though i have the privilege of driving on palm beach road most of the time. So not actually a lot of bumper to bumper traffic.

3. The drive is awesome . i just love every bit of my experience behind the wheels. Dont want to use any more adjectives here. Just awesome!

4. My Rear Right Side door was not opening from outside since last couple of days. Got it to the notice of my dealer. Yesterday morning 930 am was amongst the first to be at the dealership to open a job card for the minor work. Additionally , as i thought i might as well keep my baby there for the whole day and do some other much needed work.

Got following done :
a. 3M Paint Protection Rs. 4500/- with 2 more Treatments at 5th , 9th Month to go. The finish is excellent. Just love moving my fingers over her a lot more now

b. Dinitrol Anti Rust Reatment Rs. 4500/- with 5 year warranty. Inspection and re-application every 6 months till end of warranty. This treatment covers entire body.

c. Llumar Sun Film Rs. 6200/ - Front , Side , Quarter glass, Rear. The llumar is dong its job well of cutting the sunlight. Though i noticed a major issue last night when i drove back home . The rear glass spreads the lights hitting from behind into the lines of the defogger. so i see 20 headlights where there is one. this is distracting in the rear view mirror. have never seen anything like this before. will have to do a recheck and then take a decision soon.

d. not to forget, Door Handle fixed , very minor work.

5. Regarding the drive, once again , i feel all discussions about power (underpower rather) goes out of the door when you are actually enjoying the handling of this car . Also, i am mastering the art of extracting maximum mileage and am driving very disciplined with an eye on the Ic (Instant consumption) to improve my driving style.

and finally ..........
6. Admiration on Road - Guaranteed !!!!!

Last edited by FastLove : 9th May 2009 at 18:44.
Old 9th May 2009, 20:07   #57
BHPian

11.6/9 not bad at all...I am averaging 9 but 80% of the time its B2B traffic. True acceleration, power all seem irrelevant(not bad at all actually),she is wonderful to drive. Enjoyed my 320km highway cruise thoroughly.

Last edited by pranava999 : 9th May 2009 at 20:08.
Old 9th May 2009, 20:42   #58
BHPian

Congrats mate on your Italian beauty… Initially I took Linea very lightly owing to Fiats reputation in India. But now I’m come to acknowledge that not only is Linea a really beautify car (especially in red and silver), but it’s priced so much reasonably than the ANHC. And it offers much more than what comes on the top-end ANHC.

Anyways congrats again on your beauty…
jack7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 21:56   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack7 View Post
Congrats mate on your Italian beautyÖ Initially I took Linea very lightly owing to Fiats reputation in India. But now Iím come to acknowledge that not only is Linea a really beautify car (especially in red and silver), but itís priced so much reasonably than the ANHC. And it offers much more than what comes on the top-end ANHC.

Anyways congrats again on your beautyÖ

Thanks Jack , Linea is definitely the Best Looker on the Road today
Old 16th May 2009, 22:18   #60
BHPian

Agree with you on the looks part FastLove. The Linea sure is the hot chick of the roads. Congratulations on your buy (Topicstarter). Hope you have a great time with your car.
FanaticOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote