Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 29th March 2010, 14:52   #241
BHPian

Bolero VLX with ABS ??? Did I read it wrong or...... for not being aware of bolero having one ?
Old 29th March 2010, 16:56   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Bolero VLX with ABS ??? Did I read it wrong or...... for not being aware of bolero having one ?
2500cc,

My mistake...that will be the SCORPIO SLE ABS alos the link to the pic of the crash area ----->>

Bolero Storm: First Black VLX in India-Now with a new Heart-123.jpg

Bolero Storm: First Black VLX in India-Now with a new Heart-1234.jpg
Old 29th March 2010, 17:06   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Now for the 4wd conversion, 4.33 axle swap, and 170BHP ECU remap
170BHP?!! Headers, I hope you have a pilot's license .... 'cos you're going to need it. I was thinking you'll stop with the 4wd upgrade, so could you enlighten us all on why exactly you need all that horses? I'm thinking the recent track meet had something to do with it?
Old 2nd April 2010, 14:42   #244
Senior - BHPian

Hey Vikram,

Please share with me the secret of how extract 170 HP from the Storm Engine.

Cheers
Old 3rd April 2010, 23:07   #245
Senior - BHPian

Default 20000 Service

The Storm visited the ASC today at 22700 Kms for the 20k Kms Service. Reason for going this late is that the engine had got replaced at 18k and the first service on a new engine is only after 5k Kms.

The items on agenda were:
  1. 20k Kms Service
  2. AC not effective
  3. Vehicle pulling to the left so wheel balancing and alignment.
  4. Brakes not effective so LSPV setting to be checked as per certain guidelines.
While the tyres were off for wheel balancing, saw that the front disk pads were down to about 2.5mm thickness so decided to get them changed as well.

AC was not effective and on checking through the temp probe was reading only about 12deg at the central vent. It was decided to top up the gas in the AC Circuit and while recovering, it was found to contain only about 480 gms. I had a heated argument with the technician as he wanted to fill up the circuit with only about 650 gms of R134a while I insisted on 850 gms as the Owners Manual said so. The Works Manager also sided with me and the circuit was filled up with 820 gms. But while on a road test the Compressor kept tripping, so came back and asked the Works Manager to check the latest maintenance bulletin for the exact refrigerant quantity. And it turns out to be 600 +/- 30 gms. So the entire gas is recovered and filled again for 620 gms. Boy what drama and M&M should be for writing wrong on the book.

So finally the following got done on the Storm
  1. Engine Oil & Filter change
  2. Diesel Filter change
  3. Gear Box & Differential Oil change
  4. Front Disc Pads changed
  5. Rear brake drum & liners cleaned.
  6. wheel balancing & alignment
  7. Full interior & exterior washing cleaning & polishing
  8. AC Gas recharge (under warranty)
Total damage : Rs. 8101.00

P.S: M&M has introduced a new oil wherein the oil change interval is 20k kms. So the storm will now visit workshop for major service only at 40k, which I intend to complete by December. India here I come
Old 4th April 2010, 07:18   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
P.S: M&M has introduced a new oil wherein the oil change interval is 20k kms. So the storm will now visit workshop for major service only at 40k, which I intend to complete by December.

India here I come
Good to know that the beast is settling down well with the engine change. Looking forward to your travelogues.
Old 4th April 2010, 11:15   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
P.S: M&M has introduced a new oil wherein the oil change interval is 20k kms. So the storm will now visit workshop for major service only at 40k, which I intend to complete by December. India here I come
Which oil are you talking about? What is its spec? Any improvement with the brakes?

Spike
Old 4th April 2010, 11:42   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Good to know that the beast is settling down well with the engine change. Looking forward to your travelogues.
Thanks man. I'm now looking forward to a NE trip comprising North Sikkim, Bhutan & Arunachal. Now if HVK agrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Which oil are you talking about? What is its spec? Any improvement with the brakes?

Spike
Its a Maximile variant which had 20k drain interval written on the can. The Works Manager told me that the new oils will be 20k drain for engine & 80k for GB. And yes the brakes are much much better than previously.
Old 4th April 2010, 12:29   #249
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Its a Maximile variant which had 20k drain interval written on the can. The Works Manager told me that the new oils will be 20k drain for engine & 80k for GB. And yes the brakes are much much better than previously.
OK, so finally this oil has reached Dealers, we have been using this for quite sometime now and it is good. Nice to hear that your brakes are working better.

Spike
Old 10th April 2010, 16:57   #250
Senior - BHPian

Default Insurance Renewal

The Storm completes 1 year on 5th May and I need to renew my insurance. I'm presently with National Insurance and had one claim this year. My IDV in 1styear was 6.68 hence I'm expecting about 6.02~6.08 as IDV this year.
As per the various calls received, I have the following quotes:
  1. Reliance: They are giving 40% discount on the premium and it comes to 15,xxx. Since I'm presently with National insurance, they are offering me a NCB if I move, but incase of a claim I'll have to refund the NCB amount. Also they say that cashless is only upto Rs20,000/- and any claim higher than that has to be paid by me initially.
  2. TATA AIG: They have offered 19xxx on some add-on plan wherein in case of claim, I don't need to pay any depreciation on any component, be it glass, rubber, plastic or metal.
  3. National Insurance: After a lot of negotiation National has agreed to match Reliance rates (almost) and is quoting 153xx.
Now has anybody used Reliance insurance and how is their service?
Old 14th April 2010, 12:15   #251
Senior - BHPian

Unhappy This is why I didn't get alloys

Yesterday while taking a uturn on the tankbund road the Bolero couldn't complete the full circle and hence I had to take it over the footpath as I didn't want to block the road. Between the road and the footpath was a 1/2 feet wide and 1 feet deep drain which resulted in this.
Bolero Storm: First Black VLX in India-Now with a new Heart-img00027.jpg

Will go and get the wheel balanced and put the rim on stepney.
Old 15th April 2010, 06:30   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday while taking a uturn on the tankbund road the Bolero couldn't complete the full circle and hence I had to take it over the footpath as I didn't want to block the road. Between the road and the footpath was a 1/2 feet wide and 1 feet deep drain which resulted in this.
Attachment 329095

Will go and get the wheel balanced and put the rim on stepney.

Yeah MC, the storm is LOUSY in such attempts, Pls check your toe settings for the front. I'm sure they have changed too.

I've lost 2 LHS wheel covers doing such .

What i've begun to realise is that it is a great vehicle but the weight of the vehicle screws it up big time. Its the momentum that creates such issues!
Old 15th April 2010, 06:57   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Yeah MC, the storm is LOUSY in such attempts, Pls check your toe settings for the front. I'm sure they have changed too.
How do I check toe-in? The steering is returning fully to straight after a full circle.
Old 15th April 2010, 10:32   #254
Team-BHP Support

Why don't you get the rim straightened, it costs 100-200rs, and the rim will be as good as new(well almost).
the indica 13" rims are very weak as compared to cars weight, so wheel rim bending was a common problem in her highway days.
So straightening had to be done pretty often.
Old 15th April 2010, 10:45   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Why don't you get the rim straightened, it costs 100-200rs, and the rim will be as good as new(well almost).
the indica 13" rims are very weak as compared to cars weight, so wheel rim bending was a common problem in her highway days.
So straightening had to be done pretty often.
Let me try at the tyre shop. Yesterday went and got the rim moved to the stepney and then balanced.
Closed Thread