Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 13th May 2010, 22:00   #301
BHPian

Well I know different people will have different experience with the same product .. My total cost till the day to cover 7500 KM with my storm is just around 2000 Rs (Excluding the expenses for the opted accessories / work like under body coating) .. Approximately 0.26 P / KM

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th May 2010 at 22:13. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy paste from external font editors. Also use Preview before submitting post. Thanks
Old 14th May 2010, 11:27   #302
jp1
BHPian

Sometimes I fee it is just luck or bad luck. In my case, I spent very little on my first Bolero on maintenance. It has not seen an ASC after the warranty period and I used take it to a small workshop for any servicing related issues. During the warranty period, I took it only for regular servicing as per Owner's manual. But my vehicle was hammered left, right, rear ended every few months and I had to get it fixed. Every time an incident happens, I used to think, Why me again, but never got an answer, leave it to fate.
Old 19th May 2010, 19:10   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
MM let me tell you I have been working on making the Storm as potent as Scorpio if not more. Some changes in Data Set of ECM and final drive ratio and you should really raising a storm .
MC, what're you upto? I should've guessed that when you and headers met for the JTA event in chennai both you stormers would be thinking up something stormy. Headers has talked you into the 140bhp remap hasn't he? Anyways please let us in on the details, it should be good reading.
Old 20th May 2010, 06:11   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMover View Post
MC, what're you upto? I should've guessed that when you and headers met for the JTA event in chennai both you stormers would be thinking up something stormy. Headers has talked you into the 140bhp remap hasn't he? Anyways please let us in on the details, it should be good reading.
I'm not sure what Headers is upto, I thought he was more interested in 4x4 conversion. I'm thinking of a remap and drive ratio change. Step by step, will keep people updated
Old 20th May 2010, 07:29   #305
Senior - BHPian

Is there a Pete's tuning box,which is compatible with a Bolero VLX?
Old 20th May 2010, 09:21   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Is there a Pete's tuning box,which is compatible with a Bolero VLX?
Well Pete's is still not available. Plus why go to Pete's when you have simple switch available
Old 9th June 2010, 11:40   #307
Senior - BHPian

Default Rear Suspension Replacement

As already reported earlier the rear suspension had started making noise @ 24K Kms and was diagnosed to the rear leaf springs losing spring action. ASC wanted to recamber the leafs but I wanted new leafs along with new shockers that are coming on the new storm as the vehicle was under warranty.

Since the new parts were not available at the ASC and I had my Manipal trip also coming up, decided to let it run.

Seems like the parts have now been arranged and the Storm will go sometime this week for the suspension replacement.

Cheers
Old 9th June 2010, 12:15   #308
Senior - BHPian

Please keep us posted on the diagnosis and replacement.

Spike
Old 9th June 2010, 19:51   #309
BHPian

Quote:
As already reported ... for the suspension replacement. Cheers
MC dada you are great. You are really making full use of the 2-year warranty it seems! At this rate, mahindra would have fully replaced your storm part-by-part, by the end of the warranty period. They might as well have given you a new storm. Looking forward to your review of the new shock absorbers -- might help counter-act the excessive bounciness due to the CFLs in my case.
Old 9th June 2010, 19:58   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMover View Post
MC dada you are great. You are really making full use of the 2-year warranty it seems! At this rate, mahindra would have fully replaced your storm part-by-part, by the end of the warranty period. They might as well have given you a new storm. Looking forward to your review of the new shock absorbers -- might help counter-act the excessive bounciness due to the CFLs in my case.
Well Sir, all I can say is that if the product engineering QC was better, we wouldn't have come to that. Anyways they can't give a new storm and I can't take new one. Complicated business. This suits just fine.
Old 9th June 2010, 20:45   #311
Senior - BHPian

I thought suspension was not covered by warranty---generally they get away with the term 'wear and tear'.
If Mahindra is replacing it free of cost, then hats off to them.
Old 10th June 2010, 15:04   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I thought suspension was not covered by warranty---generally they get away with the term 'wear and tear'.
If Mahindra is replacing it free of cost, then hats off to them.
Venu saab, the leaf springs don't have wear and tear. They are not supposed to lose their spring action so early. If I had done 1 Lakh Kms then they were within written to refuse warranty. But that is not the case here
Old 19th June 2010, 19:14   #313
Senior - BHPian

Default Suspension replaced!

Just came back from the workshop. The Storm now had new leaf springs along with new shock absorbers - all replaced under warranty / retro-fitment and the ride is totally different, no pitching et al.

The Storm was also suffering from coolant loss for the last 2 week and it was located to leak in thermostat cover. It was replaced under warranty. I also was having problems with the AC switch and that also was replaced under warranty.

All in all these things were done in 3 hours flat and I was out of ASC in 3.15 Hours with zero damage to wallet
Old 19th June 2010, 21:15   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All in all these things were done in 3 hours flat and I was out of ASC in 3.15 Hours with zero damage to wallet
ROFL man, Now you have the Body, Chassis, GB and tyres OE. A congrats to you for that.

BTW, A little birdie told me that the new Storm has better rear shock damping rates to take care of the uneasy feeling post 120 kph and braking . Can you confirm that please?
Old 19th June 2010, 23:53   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
ROFL man, Now you have the Body, Chassis, GB and tyres OE. A congrats to you for that.
Slightly wrong mate. Chassis is also new
Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
BTW, A little birdie told me that the new Storm has better rear shock damping rates to take care of the uneasy feeling post 120 kph and braking . Can you confirm that please?
The ride quality with the new suspension is totally different. No bobbing or pitching. Over speed breakers or rough roads, it holds on its own. Haven't taken it upto 120 but I can safely vouch that ride quality is much better.
Closed Thread