Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2010, 16:17   #331
Senior - BHPian

Ani, can you post pics of the mountings?
Old 28th July 2010, 12:22   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMover View Post
Super cool MC!! Those Hellas have completely transformed the front view of the storm. Your storm looks more business-like (meaning it looks more like a serious milecruncher) now. How have you wired them up? Are they operated with the same switch you have for those bumper fogs? Also, I was wondering if these can be linked to operate with the light dipper controls? Imagine the shock of some stubborn folks in front of you, when you signal them to move over with the Hellas.
Thanks.

There is a provision to wire them with the headlight i.e. they will only come on if Parking lights are on. But didn't want to touch the wiring harness lest it voids my warranty. So its routed directly through the battery along with the FOG lamps with both having separate switches.

Oh the day I got them installed wanted to test them through vibration and actually used them a few times for some errant driver. Needless to say, they gave way.

There are lots of IPS officers' residences near my place and their official vehicles ( Ambassador, Qualis & Scorpio) never dip their light. Yesterday to one such errant driver, I first moved to High Beam and then finally turned the on the Hella's. This made the the driver of the concerned vehicle dip his lights and stop dead on his tracks. Desired effect achieved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Ani, can you post pics of the mountings?
Here is the picture of the mounting
Bolero Storm: First Black VLX in India-Now with a new Heart-img_0182.jpg

I got a L plate made which is bolted onto the bolts behind the Grill.
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2010, 14:31   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
There are lots of IPS officers' residences near my place and their official vehicles ( Ambassador, Qualis & Scorpio) never dip their light. Yesterday to one such errant driver, I first moved to High Beam and then finally turned the on the Hella's. This made the the driver of the concerned vehicle dip his lights and stop dead on his tracks. Desired effect achieved.
ROFL: Thats quite an ego massage aint it? Now all you need is the revolving light kept on the dashboard!!
Old 29th July 2010, 20:29   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally it landed at my doorstep today and I couldn't control myself from getting them fitted immediately.

Again many thanks to Rahul, without whom this wouldn't have been possible
The pleasure is mine

Vehicle look fab with Hella's MileCruncher Happy night driving
Old 15th August 2010, 09:22   #335
Senior - BHPian

The Suspension Saga Continues

I had got the rear leaf springs and the shockers changed in June at 26k Odo. Around the mid of last month after the suspension started making a "chi chi" sound the moment it would go over a rough patch. I thought that it might be because of the dust due to the rains being stuck that a goodpressure wash would remove. So had the Bolero taken to ASC and pressure washed and greased. But the 2 days later the sound is back.

Don't know what to do .
Old 17th August 2010, 17:59   #336
BHPian

Hey MC! Were you able to locate the source of the sound? I remember I used to get a similar sound when I was on my OE leafs. Can't think of why you should be hearing such sounds so early from your new suspension. Are you sure the sound is coming from the suspension? Did you try something naughty with the storm when you went for EXAMM last month?

Also, just a general question to you since you've seen them change your chasis - How is the body (cabin) of the vehicle attached to the chasis? What kind of fasteners are used? Could it be possible that some of the noises we generally attribute to the suspension are actually coming from those cabin-chasis fasteners?
Old 17th August 2010, 19:29   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, just a general question to you since you've seen them change your chasis - How is the body (cabin) of the vehicle attached to the chasis? What kind of fasteners are used? Could it be possible that some of the noises we generally attribute to the suspension are actually coming from those cabin-chasis fasteners?
The body mountings of Bolero consists of :- Body mounting insulator,M8 x 1.25 (8.8 Grade Hex bolts),a guide,plain washer and a nylock nut. The body sits on cups/retainers welded on to the ladder frame. The joint is then secured with 45-55 Nm of torque. Bolts coming out from a Nylock nut is a very severe concern, IIRC underbody of MC's storm is checked and torqued at specified intervals. I hope torque integrity checks are done to all under-body components as per manufacturers recommendations.

Spike
Old 13th September 2010, 20:06   #338
BHPian

Hey MC, what's the mileage like on your Storm, I suppose you should be getting something like 12 City/14 hwy. I am considering the storm, just wanted to check with you since yours is the most famous Storm on tbhp.
Thanks!
Old 13th September 2010, 23:58   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
Hey MC, what's the mileage like on your Storm, I suppose you should be getting something like 12 City/14 hwy. I am considering the storm, just wanted to check with you since yours is the most famous Storm on tbhp.
Thanks!
Well I get about 10KMPLin city and about 11.75-12 KMPL on Highway. Now you may consider this to be low mileage but I don't considering this is what I do:
  1. Always out accelerate every other vehicle between signals. This also includes a hot of heavy duty vehicle.
  2. I accelerate hard and brake also hard. So
  3. On the highway am also very fast. Average speed on 100-120kmph with top speeds of 150kmph
But I'm definitely sure you can get better mileage if you avoid doing all the things that I do
Old 14th September 2010, 16:45   #340
BHPian

Quote:
this is what I do:
  1. Always out accelerate every other vehicle between signals. This also includes a hot of heavy duty vehicle.
  2. I accelerate hard and brake also hard. So
  3. On the highway am also very fast. Average speed on 100-120kmph with top speeds of 150kmph
Wow MC, your's is not a bolero - it's a BORARI ! Bye the way dada, did you manage to fix the 'chi-chi' sound? Now I'm getting it that's why.
Old 14th September 2010, 17:28   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow MC, your's is not a bolero - it's a BORARI ! Bye the way dada, did you manage to fix the 'chi-chi' sound? Now I'm getting it that's why.
Yes the Chi- Chi sound is gone without a visit to the ASC. Now you may wonder how did I achieve that. Fixing something without the help of trained and super qualified Mahindra engineers . I'll let you into my secret.

Disclaimer: Don't try this at home or any other vehicle. All actions need to be performed under the supervision of trained professionals.
  1. Contact 3 fun loving friends of yours.
  2. Select a destination near Bangalore which will make for a 500 Kms for a round trip.
  3. Primary criteria to be used while selecting that destination should be that the roads to that destination shouldn't be too good.
  4. Now having fulfilled all the above points, you should drive to the destination in the Storm and maintain a steady speed of 100KMPH, through good and bad roads. No slowing down except for oncoming traffic.
Once you have done and returned back to Bangalore, I can assure you the all the "chi-chi" sound will go.

Cheers

Last edited by MileCruncher : 14th September 2010 at 17:30.
Old 15th October 2010, 14:10   #342
Senior - BHPian

Another part changed !

Over the last few days, I could make out that one of the pulleys in the engine bay had become warped because of which the belt was looking like jumping. I was also experiencing a little hard steering at slow speeds.

Since had some free time yesterday so took it to the workshop and it turns out that pulley is for the power steering pump. And since the pulley and the pump are an integral part, got the whole thing replaced under warranty.

Phew!!!
Old 15th October 2010, 19:07   #343
BHPian

Amazing MC... the time and effort you take to keep your Storm in mint condition! Going by your example I should have already changed the front right window motor, coolant pump & accessories and the rear shocks because of the problems they have been giving. But unfortunately, over the past few months I've been more busy removing and repairing various parts of my body instead (first my appendix and now my back disc)!

Anyways, tomorrow I was planning to upgrade my lights (switch over to 100/90W) and get sun films installed. I've really been feeling the need for these two fitments over the last few weeks.
Old 19th October 2010, 19:48   #344
BHPian

Would like to see how the switch has been installed on the dash to turn on the Hellas. Could you pls post a picture?
Old 17th November 2010, 10:39   #345
Senior - BHPian

I had taken part in the Mahindra Great Escape in the Bolero and here are a few pictures from the event.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2142411-post25.html
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks