Old 14th May 2009, 12:51   #1
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Default Indica Vista Qjet Aura- 10000 Km report

Date of booking 30th august, 2008
Date of delivery - 8th october 2008
Colour - Arctic silver
Accesories -- so far none.
Cost- around 5.1 lakhs on road as i had opted for annual tax instead of life time tax
discounts from dealer - none . not even mud flaps, mats
I had saved some 5 k in insurance. i have taken Insurance bajaj allianz . it was issued from their coimbatore office. it was 10750 as againsy 15 k odd if taken from their office in bangalore. concorde quoted 16 K + for insurance

10000 km completed on may, 2009 first week
High way 3600 Km ( including one long trip Bangalore to vizag - srikakulam and back 3K)
rest is bangalore city ( mostly on airport road)

Milage

city with out AC 16 Kmpl
with AC 14-15 kmpl

Highway with 100% AC 17-18kmpl.( average speeds were around 90-100 kmph.)

Peak speed attained on GQ (NH5) 155 kmph.

First service cost Rs 40/
Second service cost Rs 75/-
Third service @10172 Km is 1314/- ( Engine oil 3.2 litres + engine oil filter Rs330/)
all three from concorde motors, hosur road.
service quality is ok but not great

It seems engine oil filter cost si Rs 330 for Vista Q jet, where as the same for indica family is 95-100 rupees only.

Problems sofar

Ac is not adeqaute. concorde motors say it is normal. but iam not satisfied. my brother's Indigo Marina with otu inter cooler has better Ac than this.

The car was scrapping speed brakers when three persons are seated on the back. it was rectified after three complaints.

Door handles are little filmsy . entire thing ( which includes power window swictches) came out twice while trying to open the door.

Last edited by rkg : 14th May 2009 at 12:56.
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 20:08   #2
BHPian

Congratulations on completing 10k rkg.
As opposed to most people, I am pretty much satisfied with the AC in vista. What color do you have?
travelex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 21:05   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Ac is not adeqaute. concorde motors say it is normal. but iam not satisfied.
rkg - Me too facing similar inadequacy of AC. Sent several mails to TML and took the car to A S S umpteen times, but the issue hasn't yet been resolved. Mine is a QJD Aura and I have a problem with the CD player too.
anilagdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2009, 09:26   #4
BHPian

Congrats,@rkg.

The AC ineffectiveness is probably due to Vista's huge glass area. The same thing used to happen in the 'dolphin' Honda city. If don't have sunfilm on it, you could try the premium sunfilms that cut out most of sun's heat. Or, if you park in the open, get a set of those reflective window sun-guards to place inside the windows when parked.

Friends:

Any 2009 (feb 2009 onwards?) Vista QJDs that have crossed 10,000 km? Several of rkg's problems seem to belong to the 'niggling problems in a new Tata car' category. Have these been improved upon in newer cars?
guptad42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2009, 10:58   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

@rkg, Close to 9 months, and no accessories yet ?

Get the a/c checked - starting from the gas. Also, post pics of the car.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2009, 13:07   #6
BHPian

I usually have my car parked under a roof so probably that makes a difference.
I have bought my car in March 2009 but have done 3500 Km.
travelex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 12:08   #7
rkg
Senior - BHPian

The only accessories i was thinking of is sun film and seat covers
i have dount will the 3m crytalline series widshield film effect GPS reception?

Iam ok with the audio supplied with car.
car color is Arctic Silver
Old 25th May 2009, 23:54   #8
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Date of booking 30th august, 2008
Date of delivery - 8th october 2008
Colour - Arctic silver
Accesories -- so far none.
Cost- around 5.1 lakhs on road as i had opted for annual tax instead of life time tax
discounts from dealer - none . not even mud flaps, mats
I had saved some 5 k in insurance. i have taken Insurance bajaj allianz . it was issued from their coimbatore office. it was 10750 as againsy 15 k odd if taken from their office in bangalore. concorde quoted 16 K + for insurance

10000 km completed on may, 2009 first week
High way 3600 Km ( including one long trip Bangalore to vizag - srikakulam and back 3K)
rest is bangalore city ( mostly on airport road)

Milage

city with out AC 16 Kmpl
with AC 14-15 kmpl

Highway with 100% AC 17-18kmpl.( average speeds were around 90-100 kmph.)

Peak speed attained on GQ (NH5) 155 kmph.

First service cost Rs 40/
Second service cost Rs 75/-
Third service @10172 Km is 1314/- ( Engine oil 3.2 litres + engine oil filter Rs330/)
all three from concorde motors, hosur road.
service quality is ok but not great

It seems engine oil filter cost si Rs 330 for Vista Q jet, where as the same for indica family is 95-100 rupees only.

Problems sofar

Ac is not adeqaute. concorde motors say it is normal. but iam not satisfied. my brother's Indigo Marina with otu inter cooler has better Ac than this.

The car was scrapping speed brakers when three persons are seated on the back. it was rectified after three complaints.

Door handles are little filmsy . entire thing ( which includes power window swictches) came out twice while trying to open the door.
excellent review, short and gives complete information. I hope others will learn more from your review and don't talk garbage about falling in love with their new car and long story ahead, it just stupid and boring to read!
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 06:41   #9
BHPian

Quote:
The only accessories i was thinking of is sun film and seat covers
i have dount will the 3m crytalline series widshield film effect GPS reception?

Iam ok with the audio supplied with car.
car color is Arctic Silver
Have you installed sunfilm ? Please share cost and other details. Does it improve the cooling effect of AC?
sanagg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 10:00   #10
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanagg1 View Post
Have you installed sunfilm ? Please share cost and other details. Does it improve the cooling effect of AC?
iam yet to do it.
best quote i got for CR70 (3m) front widshield is 5300/ and RE35/50 around 3K.
Old 30th July 2009, 13:18   #11
NIP
Senior - BHPian

A report is not as report without pictures !
NIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 16:12   #12
BANNED

RKG-- Cost- around 5.1 lakhs on road as i had opted for annual tax instead of life time tax

Is RTO accepting annual tax for everyone instead of lifetime tax? how much is the annual tax?

-MUKE
muke31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 19:32   #13
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
RKG-- Cost- around 5.1 lakhs on road as i had opted for annual tax instead of life time tax

Is RTO accepting annual tax for everyone instead of lifetime tax? how much is the annual tax?

-MUKE
for central govt and defense employees there is a provision in karnataka for paying annual tax in place of life tax. for this purpose one has produce a certificate from the employer that the individual's job is transferable anywhere in india. this will allow them to pay anuual tax. the annual tax i paid was Rs 825/-. this i had to pay every year and one has produce insurance and pollution certificate for the car
Old 31st August 2009, 12:44   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptad42 View Post
Congrats,@rkg.

The AC ineffectiveness is probably due to Vista's huge glass area. The same thing used to happen in the 'dolphin' Honda city. If don't have sunfilm on it, you could try the premium sunfilms that cut out most of sun's heat. Or, if you park in the open, get a set of those reflective window sun-guards to place inside the windows when parked.

Friends:

Any 2009 (feb 2009 onwards?) Vista QJDs that have crossed 10,000 km? Several of rkg's problems seem to belong to the 'niggling problems in a new Tata car' category. Have these been improved upon in newer cars?

My QDJ Aura has notched 26000 kms in a 11 months. Mostly city driving. The car is a complete dud with the exception of the engine and its power. It rattles, squeaks, creaks, seems to have a mind of its own, decides itself after the first rains as to which door will open from the inside(child safety locks off!!!!). Overall very bad quality and workmanship from TATA.

Absolutely disgusting the way the brakes squeal after rains. I get nasty looks from the people in the vicinity. The service quality is bad. All they are interested in are the 8 points out of 10 and no I cannot afford to keep sending the car to the workshop for every niggling problem. I bought this car for myself not so that it could stay in the workshop and I fight with rickshaw and taxi drivers.

TATA, never mind the world record and promise of small car, the very least you can do is manufacture the present line of models more sincerely.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 17:07   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptad42 View Post
Congrats,@rkg.

Friends:

I had brought my vehicle in month of March 2009, but it is TDI model and i have just completed 8500Km, i havent faced any of the nigling problems that Vista has shown. I do get an average of 18Km with AC and 20.5 without the AC. I would be completing 10K by mid of next month
Majic is offline   Reply With Quote