Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 17th June 2011, 17:11   #256
BHPian

Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

I agree with you on speeding....but 200?? Man thats some speed. I was on the GC itself and was not able to cross 140 without a light feeling, like the car is loosing traction...
mav2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2011, 17:22   #257
BHPian

Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
I agree with you on speeding....but 200?? Man thats some speed. I was on the GC itself and was not able to cross 140 without a light feeling, like the car is loosing traction...
By GC I meant our man gaurav_chopra04!

I don't think I'll get to cross 180 and have no imminent need for it either. The car's very fast in lower gears, once on 4th onwards it takes a while to reach top speeds.

From what GC (read gaurav_chopra04) had stated is just under 100 at 2nd, 140ish at 3rd, 175ish at 4th and crossing 200 at 5th.

The rated goes as follows from another post:

0-60 kph (sec)..................... : 4.46
0-100 kph (sec)................... : 10.23
Top speed (kph)................... : 195
20-80 kph in 3rd gear(sec)..... : 11.93
40-100 kph in 4th gear(sec)... : 15.57
mandheers is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2011, 17:40   #258
Senior - BHPian

^I have touched 140 onexpress way and slowed down.
The tyres made a lot of noise (BS Potenza). Plus I am not sure about the ratings.
Also, I didn't find the braking to be confidence inspiring at that speed. It takes a long time to slow down. Too dangerous, IMHO.
One thing I noticed, is that I got a very good FE (perceived by looking at the fuel gauge) by maintaining 100+ speeds and minimal braking.
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2011, 23:56   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Slightly OT here, but coming to ICE: this friend of mine ICEd his SX4 with almost a 2.5lac worth of 'samaan'! Heard it last night and it's all quality. Alpine HU, Illusion Carbon components and Illusion Tweeters with a fully enclosed Illusion Sub (with no port), 3 seperate amps to feed each speaker individually and some helluva wiring job.
Hope he has got Insurance for ICE too . I got it for my 30k system in first year..haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
What do you guys use in the wiper fluid container.
Normal Tap water. Nothing else.

Quote:
I recently went on a 400 odd km drive in the car after a long time and found that the car does not easily accelerate over 110 odd. I find it getting stuck at around 140.
First, do you mean you dont feel confident over 110 or the car feels a bit strained when pushed over 110? If its the latter, check the air filter, it might be clogged. Also, when last did you get the clutch oil changed, or atleast bleeded. If you havent then I believe its time to do so. 3.5 year if without a clutch oil change is too much.. If you dont feel any missing or misfiring, you can discard injector cleaning or bad spark plugs (20k is anyways too less a time for both to get dirty, but I really suspect the fuel down south.)

Quote:
Also I am on stock tyres and have finished about 20k kms in the last 3 1/2 years. I felt the car not too safe after 120 +....I see on the forums guys talking of speeds like 150+ on a Fiesta??
20k on stock tyres shouldnt be a lot, what air pressure do you maintain? Anything over 30-32 on stock tyres, do result in light steering. Ofcourse, the tyres are not for very high speed driving, but 140-160 occasionally on expressways shouldnt be an issue. But I must say, when I changed my tyres to S-Drives, the change in performance was dramatic, in a good way; but so was to tyre noise..in a not so good way..lolzz

Quote:
I know its not safe in India and I try to maintain 80-100 as average speed on any highway drive, but I am quite amazed by these numbers. Is my driving that bad, or am I missing something here..
You are a sensible, and safe driver, thats it . As I say driving over 80 (100 max) on our highways (some of which are now good enough to test Bugatti's top speed), is like buying an lottery ticket to Heaven/Hell (depends on Karma you do), and there are more chances of you to hit the jackpot than to hit the top speed. DRIVE SAFE Fellas.

Quote:
Although speeding is not advisable, and one should adhere traffic rules, that said I did almost 180 this last weekend on the expressway, but the headlights were disappointing and it was pouring so I did not push harder.
Of personal experience, would recommend not to do anything over 100 on stock tyres when its raining. Please. I still shiver when I remember a close escape on 30k done RE 88 at 100, when it was raining. If I am to rate tyres, I'd recommend RE 88s 3 out of 10 and S-Drives 9 out of 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
The tyres made a lot of noise (BS Potenza). Plus I am not sure about the ratings.
Also, I didn't find the braking to be confidence inspiring at that speed. It takes a long time to slow down. Too dangerous, IMHO.
Of course, the tyres are noisy at high speeds, but they are certainly rated for the maximum speed, the car can attain.

Quote:
One thing I noticed, is that I got a very good FE (perceived by looking at the fuel gauge) by maintaining 100+ speeds and minimal braking.
Want to guarantee best FE, try maintaining 70-80 with mimimal gear change and braking, you will be astonished when she will return an FE of 15 plus.

Last edited by theMAG : 20th June 2011 at 11:01. Reason: 2 smilies/post only. Editing out the 3rd smiley.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 00:15   #260
Senior - BHPian

Sharing a few snaps I clicked day before yesterday, when it was raining and a few snaps taken at CP yesterday night.

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-img_0440.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-img_0441.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-img_0446.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-img_0447.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-img_0448.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-img_0449.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-img_0450.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-img_0451.jpg
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 01:02   #261
Senior - BHPian

Well here are a few from my side. BTW why is CP deserted?

Here is what i did in my Cedia
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-dsc01883.jpg

On a road that is arrow straight and mostly empty during late afternoons
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-dsc01885.jpg

So inviting, that it made me on to do a little bit more
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-dsc01884.jpg

A road called
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-dsc01894.jpg

Now people I do not encourage anyone to follow suit. I have very steady hands and a neck that is totally detatched from my hand movements and vice versa (touchwood). Plus I also have this uncanny ability of being able to have one eye follow the road while the other aims the camera. So unless your doctor certifies you to be an authentic driving nut, once again please do not attempt the self driving + photo taking all at once at home and especially on a road for that matter.

Last edited by khoj : 18th June 2011 at 01:04.
khoj is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 01:15   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
BTW why is CP deserted?
Because it was 3:15 in the morning..

In between, which road is that?

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 18th June 2011 at 01:17.
Old 18th June 2011, 13:02   #263
BHPian

Here's a travelogue of a petrol Jeep which accomplished which very few Jeeps have been able to do.

And it was accompanied by a Cedia, am guessing throughout it's travails.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...-mm-440-a.html (The story of my jeep: MM 440)
mandheers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 15:46   #264
BHPian

What's the advised prep for a good DIY to clean the air filter?

Plan to do it at the car wash tomorrow, on one of Red's routine scrub-downs. They have that air jet which might come handy for a goo blow-dry job.

Hope that is not.
mandheers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 21:02   #265
Senior - BHPian

Was going to Bangla sahib, so dropped in to Asian Motors to track the accelerator cable delivery. They said it will be in by tuesday-wednesday.

Saw this Golden modified (Horrifying) cedia, which belongs to a pastry shop in our area. The owner also uses the car for Home Delivery and I have seen many people say that, that pastry shop delivers stuff in Mercedes. All I can do is laugh. He bought the car in 2008, a 10 months old example for 6.5 lac rupees. It now runs on CNG, which is again a bad install. It also had (earlier, now on normal) those lamborghini kinda door hinges, but that actually were supported by 800-alto hatch shocks... Total Crazy stuff...

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-img_0454.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-img_0455.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-img_0456.jpg

Quote:
What's the advised prep for a good DIY to clean the air filter?

Plan to do it at the car wash tomorrow, on one of Red's routine scrub-downs. They have that air jet which might come handy for a goo blow-dry job.
No prep, nothing, just take the filter out and ask the guy to clean it with the air jet.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2011, 00:20   #266
Senior - BHPian

Eowww, what the hell is that thing.
To think he had the money to do this and still be tasteless.
A shame to both Lancer and Merc.
DicKy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2011, 00:38   #267
Senior - BHPian

3.15 in the morning! Why are the passages so well lit at that hour? Whatever happened to Green Delhi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Because it was 3:15 in the morning..

In between, which road is that?
NE-1 (National Expressway 1) see top right corner of the signage board in the snap.
Ahmedabad to Baroda, 90+ kilometers of one of the best laid black tops in the country, only if it were three laned on either side.

Quote:
I have seen many people say that, that pastry shop delivers stuff in Mercedes.
An AMG no less

Quote:
handy for a goo blow-dry job.

Hope that is not.
Tech questions are never OT, however it is an interesting query blow dry! job

Since (ahem) it's for the air filter, well in that case you must get dressed to start with..

Last edited by khoj : 19th June 2011 at 00:54.
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2011, 01:03   #268
Senior - BHPian

That's one horrid mods on cedia!

Quote:
NE-1 (National Expressway 1) see top right corner of the signage board in the snap.
Ahmedabad to Baroda, 90+ kilometers of one of the best laid black tops in the country, only if it were three laned on either side.
Took that elevated NE 1 with my civic while driving down to Bangalore from Delhi. And I agree, one of the best e-way I have driven. Lot of flowers on the middle section and landscapic throughout. Comfortably was cruising at 160-170 kmph. Hope to take the same e-way next time too while heading back (whenever that is)
iTNerd is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 00:09   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3.15 in the morning! Why are the passages so well lit at that hour? Whatever happened to Green Delhi?
CP has always been that well lit (even the passages you refered to), during evening and across the night. In fact the whole of New Delhi 1 is that well lit. Its kinda a norm for decades now.

Quote:
Thanks, the road certainly looks excellent. I personally wish to go on the jodhpur highway. I hope I visit there this novermber, hopefully on new set of tyres that can make sure I thoroughly rip the highway safely!!

In between, I completed half century.. bought the car at 22,400kms on clock, its now 72,400 ... thank you... thank you...

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-img_0460.jpg

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 20th June 2011 at 00:26.
Old 20th June 2011, 10:46   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Saw this Golden modified (Horrifying) cedia.....

No prep, nothing, just take the filter out and ask the guy to clean it with the air jet.
That's way short of horrifying, it's horrendous!

Yes, took it out and got it cleaned. Easy job!

The filter was black and later emerged whitish-grey.

Quote:
Tech questions are never OT, however it is an interesting query blow dry! job

Since (ahem) it's for the air filter, well in that case you must get dressed to start with..
Thanks for letting that pass! The filter is squeaky clean now.

So wanted to wash it too, but avoided the over-doing. Since it wouldn't have dried well in these monsoons.

Quote:
In between, I completed half century.. bought the car at 22,400kms on clock, its now 72,400 ... thank you... thank you...
Congrats GC! That's a strong half century!!
mandheers is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote