Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 24th November 2011, 13:00   #466
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Khoj, there are two ways to reach excel motors and while both roads are broken, one is considerably shorter and better than the other. I don't quite know how to explain this but I will ask my driver and send you a pm.

ps- I was going through this thread yesterday and noticed you'd asked where I stay.
I'm in pocket E, if you come right up the slope which begins at the cross roads. I hope you understood.

ps2- I even offered(indirectly) to buy your car at Singh Shoppe once. We had a discussion abut my grandmother's 1.1 alto and the fact that I was looking for a second hand Cedia. You'd kindly offered to check at Asian.
I don't know if you remember all this, though

Yes I do remember you and infact was trying to contact you based on our conversation at Singh shoppee as a friend of a friend was relocating to BOM & was selling his year old Cedia here in Dilli.

Were you able to buy one eventually?

As for the service centre, I do know the two ways of getting to Excel. Infact I know of a third one also (across the railway crossing) but do not like any of them.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 13:11   #467
BHPian

Wow. That would have been a wonderful buy.
Anyway,I managed to get a pretty sparingly used Cedia about one year back.

Third way to Excel? That's interesting. I'll ask you about it soon
sukrit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2011, 14:03   #468
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Yes please, do check on the 7.5A and let me know.
@Khoj: I checked with the store keeper for the 7.5 A fuse.
He was surprised when I asked and said we do not have it and probably mumbled something. It appeared that he was unsure if 7.5 A is really used anywhere. He was suggesting me to take the 10A fuse or check in outside market.

My car is back from servicing and I drove it for around 10 KM.
They have changed two caliper pins - one in front left and one in rear right.
Also they changed five brake bushes.
Details:
Brake Pin, RR 224
Oil Filter 126
WD-40 111
Brake lock pin FR 742
Engine oil 732
Brake bush Frt (5) 791
110K service 812
Brake caliper assy remove and install 210

Labour total: 1022
Parts total: 2726
STax 102
VAT 340
Total: 4196

Earlier I was informed that the caliper carrier/ bracket kit is for Rs. 5400. Today when I checked, it was confirmed that only the carrier/bracket is Rs. 5400 - the kit will obviously cost more and I did not bother to ask.
I have taken a few photos of the bracket on my mobile and will upload soon.
The part looks good and is quite heavy - but I am not sure if that piece of metal is worth the price.

I had an issue with my headlight leveling. I was told that the motor is not getting enough 'power' to operate on 3 and 4 positions. A new motor is around Rs. 8000 (not 100% sure). I have asked them to adjust the focus/ throw manually as low as possible - will need to see how well they have adjusted in the evening.

Overall, caliper noise has gone down - but to early for me to judge the work done - need to drive for a couple of weeks.
Engine noise has come down too and feels a bit more responsive.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2011, 15:49   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
@Khoj: I checked with the store keeper for the 7.5 A fuse.
He was surprised when I asked and said we do not have it and probably mumbled something. It appeared that he was unsure if 7.5 A is really used anywhere. He was suggesting me to take the 10A fuse or check in outside market.
Thanks S_U_N. It seems only the Cedia has the 7.5A fuse. Let me see if I go back to Excel, I will try and get them to order a set. I am not too keen on running a higher than required rating fuse for a longish time even though it is just for the parking lights.
Old 4th December 2011, 19:25   #470
BHPian

Hey Gaurav,

Your thread has become my reference manual for Cedia issues and fixes.

Ever since I got my car serviced last week, the AC seemed a little less effective. I usually set it in mid 20s auto mode, which is comfortable enough for us. It usually chills in seconds. Today I realized it has stopped cooling and gives warm air no matter what temp I set. The blower works. Could this be a gas leak or something worse? The car is two year old and is always serviced as per schedule. Anything else I must check?
CBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2011, 20:23   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Your thread has become my reference manual for Cedia issues and fixes.
Thanks man, I am glad it is of help.

Quote:
Today I realized it has stopped cooling and gives warm air no matter what temp I set. The blower works. Could this be a gas leak or something worse? The car is two year old and is always serviced as per schedule. Anything else I must check?
AC not working could be for various reasons. You cant be sure until you get it checked. It can be as small as a gas leak, or a fuse or a compressor relay. Or it can be a little bigger problem such as kaput hose pipe. Or it can be a bit more including a damaged condenser or a leaked cooling coil. Or it can be the compressor.

First thing first, is the car under extended warranty, because of it is then you need not worry about the compressor or the cooling coil (some OEMs dont cover the cooling coil under extended warranty). If its hose pipes, you can get a new one or get it repaired at a after market AC shop. And if the condenser is damaged because of stone chip or something, you can claim insurance.

Get the car checked at ASC first and see what they report. You may switch on the AC and see if the compressor comes on. This will be the only thing I'd be worried about if the car isnt under warranty, it costs HELL.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 4th December 2011 at 20:31.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 00:57   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Get the car checked at ASC first and see what they report. You may switch on the AC and see if the compressor comes on.
I'll get it checked.

When I switch on the AC, the compressor doesn't seem to turn on. I also don't hear the click that normally comes before the compressor turns on.
CBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 15:43   #473
VMG
BHPian

Guys
Pl. help me out for a touch screen panel with reverse camera for my 2007 model cedia sports. Pl mention model,cost and features.
thanks.
VMG is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 01:43   #474
Senior - BHPian

This is the second time this month that I have aimed for the quote but ended up hitting the thanks button LOL enjoy!

As for the screen, the 5" screen on my OE Kenwood works fine with reverse camera. Unless you have one of those old single DIN units that the earlier models came with your OE unit should work too.

If you have to buy just buy a cheap LCD screen from Mitashi or any other no brand name if you are going to use it just for the rear camera 2K ++. These screens will also accept inputs from a cd/dvd player.

Of course you can always buy one of the fancy navigation units that are available complete with reverse camera input socket and wire the same accordingly but this will be expensive 12K ++

OR change the single DIN unit with a new double DIN with built in screen starting from 8K++

For features etc just get a copy of either Overdrive or Autocar and the last couple of dozen pages are full of these gizmos in both publications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
Guys
Pl. help me out for a touch screen panel with reverse camera for my 2007 model cedia sports. Pl mention model,cost and features.
thanks.
Old 8th December 2011, 14:18   #475
Senior - BHPian

Looks like high revving makes the engine gallop some oil.. 5.3k kms since oil change and yesterday, the oil level was just above the minimum mark. Bought a 500ml bottle of EDGE from Palika Bhawan for Rs.450/- and topped it up. Now the oil level is just above the maximum level. So, I recon about 350-400 ml of oil was consumed in this 5k kms.

Before checking at palika bhavan, checked few shops near my place for the 500 ml of bottle of edge and all had import date of 02/09, so didnt buy it. Finally at Palika Bhawan, got the oil with import date of 09/10 and bought it. Was quoted Rs.2500 for 4L pack (made in Malaysia). And mobil1 0W40 was Rs.3200.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 15:32   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like high revving makes the engine gallop some oil.. 5.3k kms since oil change and yesterday, the oil level was just above the minimum mark. Bought a 500ml bottle of EDGE from Palika Bhawan for Rs.450/- and topped it up. Now the oil level is just above the maximum level. So, I recon about 350-400 ml of oil was consumed in this 5k kms.

Before checking at palika bhavan, checked few shops near my place for the 500 ml of bottle of edge and all had import date of 02/09, so didnt buy it. Finally at Palika Bhawan, got the oil with import date of 09/10 and bought it. Was quoted Rs.2500 for 4L pack (made in Malaysia). And mobil1 0W40 was Rs.3200.
Yaar GC, with all your high revving, how do you still manage to get double digit on FE?

I drive in bumper-to-bumper abot 50 odd kms everyday, with an occasional dash/dart on empty stretch or some spirited zig-zagging sometimes, and I get a measly 8 odd kmpl.

AC 100% always, never without.

Oh, and the spongy brakes are back.
mandheers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 18:02   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Yaar GC, with all your high revving, how do you still manage to get double digit on FE?
I drive in bumper-to-bumper abot 50 odd kms everyday, with an occasional dash/dart on empty stretch or some spirited zig-zagging sometimes, and I get a measly 8 odd kmpl.
AC 100% always, never without.
I can say that Delhi traffic is better than Mumbai's traffic, as per what I have heard here on TBhp. Also, as compared to your everyday driving, mine is quite opposite. I almost never drive in bumper to number traffic, even if I do get stuck in some, its not over a km or so. Along, with that I do keep a light foot on accelerator and get around 11-12 with AC in city.

When I drive with a lead foot (high revving), I do get around 6-7kmpl with AC off..

So, in mixed driving including 50% high revving and 50% normal, all I get is around 9 kmpl.

When I used to travel 90 kms every day again with mostly moving traffic for 50 kms and expressway for the remaining 40, and I had all reasons to keep FE in check, I was able to manage 12 kmpl back then..

Also, I drive with 32-33 psi, which can be another factor for a lil high FE. Once, with 29-30 psi, I got around 12kmpl with extremely sedate driving to chandigarh (grandpa was there with me, so I kept the PSI low for comfort). But with 33-34 psi on highway, I manage 12-13 even with my kinda driving..

In between, my brother manages to get 12kmpl with cedia but only 13-14 kmpl with Polo.. Quite surprising for us.

I'd say, try increasing the tire pressure a little, will increase the FE and may also have some effect on braking (low pressure do result in insufficient braking but then 29-30 is not bad). SUN and Khoj sir also manages to get 11-12 in Pune and Delhi respectively..

Quote:
Oh, and the spongy brakes are back.
This is terrible, I would suggest you write a mail to Mitsubishi and escalate the matter up .. Also you have their FB wall to write on..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 9th December 2011 at 18:11.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 23:32   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I'd say, try increasing the tire pressure a little, will increase the FE and may also have some effect on braking (low pressure do result in insufficient braking but then 29-30 is not bad). SUN and Khoj sir also manages to get 11-12 in Pune and Delhi respectively..

Yes. I have observed low FE with 29-30 PSI. In fact the car performance was really bad with 29-30 PSI. I could feel the tires sticking to the road like leeches on the highway.
I have never dared to go beyond 32 though - somehow scared to put in too much pressure for long journeys in day time.
It is a different story that I hardly drive Cedia in the city - it is only kept for highway travel.

Some photos of the caliper carrier/ bracket. Note: This is a genuine part available at the A.S.S. Price Rs. 5400.

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-img_20111125_115437.jpg
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-img_20111125_115441.jpg
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-img_20111125_115515.jpg

And here is a picture of the car when it is clean.
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-img_20111126_133623.jpg
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 23:10   #479
Senior - BHPian

Cousin and me took his car for service. 80k service, so, all oils (excluding transmission oil) and filters changed and injectors cleaned. Costed about Rs.6.5k. Had a word with GM before getting the Job Card opened, making it clear to him that I will either get the car serviced in front of me or I will go to Excel. Was that really a choice .

Since he has got the car (some 60k on the clock) till now (81.5Kon the clock), he has spent Rs.3k, Rs.3k and Rs.6.5k on 60k, 70k and 80k services respectively. Apart from this, he got two new Bridgestone touranzas in 205/55/16 for Rs 6.2k each and got a new clock spring. Also spent Rs.3.5k on front and rear brake pads at 60k on the clock for brake pads..

We see suspension overhaul and clutch replacement in near future in his car which will set him back by another Rs.25k.

So he has spent nearly Rs.40k on maintenance in last 2 years and over 22k kms. He will need to spend another 25k and the car should be back in top shape after that.

While I was at Asian Motors saw this Yellow cedia.. it looked too distict and awesome. The alloys were 17" crave alloys (II Crave Alloys) with 215/45/17 A-Drive R1 Tires.

And needless I say anything for that damn momo; one look of which forces me to get a new one for my car without airbag.. but ..

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-img_0792.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-img_0794.jpg

@SUN: the car looks too neat and clean . Cant really say if its over a year or two old.. Any thing special you did to your alloys, look sparingly used..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 10th December 2011 at 23:30.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 01:01   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04

@SUN: the car looks too neat and clean . Cant really say if its over a year or two old.. Any thing special you did to your alloys, look sparingly used..
The paint quality is very good. Even without waxing it shines. I have cleaned the alloys after my Goa trip, but that was just with a hose and my wash-n-wax. Plus there was a round of tar remover used after that. Claying and waxing the alloys is still pending.
The car will shine much better after I had get rid of the swirl marks all around.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote