Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2012, 15:29   #511
BHPian
 
mandheers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 291
Thanked: 161 Times
Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Happy Birthday GC!

mandheers is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 00:58   #512
Senior - BHPian
 
gaurav_chopra04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,249
Thanked: 493 Times
Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Happy Birthday GC!
Thanks for your wishes Sir . Day was too busy, not that I was celebrating, was getting ready for the Expo tomorrow..And for that GC, I now have it on my visiting card, Thanks
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 00:55   #513
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,639
Thanked: 1,166 Times
Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Belated Happy Birthday Gaurav. Wishing you many miles full of smiles in the years ahead.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 00:39   #514
Senior - BHPian
 
gaurav_chopra04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,249
Thanked: 493 Times
Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Drove the car yesterday evening after a couple of days and found that the left axle was making noise on turn. Wasnt really shocked as I expected that to happen sooner or later since I got both the boots replaced in August, 6+ k kms ago.

Took the car to auto expo in the morning as I had some urgent stuff to finish. Left at around 11:30 and went to Raju. It was monday and karol bagh was closed, Damn..Called a few people in kashmeri gate and got a few quotes. Rs. 18k for made in thailand axle, Rs. 13k for some cheap chinese axle, and Rs 54k for OEM axle (made in Japan) (almost blasted the person by telling him that I can get him as many as he wants for 45). Another guy quoted 24k for made in USA, but I wasnt keen to pay that much for axle from US or Thailand..

Raju called the axle guy in Jhandewalan and he said he can arange for a new CV Joint (made in Thailand) for 5k including abs sensor. I was also interested to check the 11k refurbished axle from parts bin.com with 3year/36k miles warranty for Rs.11k. Another option of repairing the axle for 1500 was available but I completed rejected it. Finally agreed to get a new CV Joint for 5k and the axle guy came to take the axle. Later me and Raju went to take rockers for a ford fiesta (of one of his customer's) and it took us some time. In the mean time the axle guy returned back the axle in 2 hours and another mechanic at raju's shop installed it. When we came back, we test drove the car and there was abs shudder at 20kmph and ABS light soon came back.

Raju took the axle out again and found that one of the teeth of the ABS sensor was damaged and that was a cause of concern. He called axle guy and asked him to come with original CV joint including sensor. When the axle arrived, the sensor from original one was replaced with the damaged one. The axle was instaled back and bingo, everything was fine. We deducted Rs.500 for the sensor and paid the axle guy Rs.4500. Paid Rs.400 labour to raju and we were done.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 16:26   #515
Senior - BHPian
 
gaurav_chopra04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,249
Thanked: 493 Times
Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Confirmed prices of a few tires with the dealer for friend's fluidic verna (size 195/60/R15; original size 185/65/R15). Michelin Primacy LC - 5,500; Bridgestone ER60 - 5,300; Yokohama AVS db v550 - 4,900. I suggested him Yokohama AVS, as Khoj sir and Shuv sir have had good experiences with these tires..
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 17:07   #516
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,761
Thanked: 365 Times
Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Surprised that PLC was at Rs. 5400 in Delhi.
I could get three of them for 5400 and that too in Pune. Delhi is always cheaper for anything related to automobiles.
I am sure you would get PLC for less than 5400 in Delhi if you bargain.
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 00:29   #517
Senior - BHPian
 
gaurav_chopra04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,249
Thanked: 493 Times
Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Surprised that PLC was at Rs. 5400 in Delhi.
I could get three of them for 5400 and that too in Pune. Delhi is always cheaper for anything related to automobiles.
I am sure you would get PLC for less than 5400 in Delhi if you bargain.
If I go to Karol Bagh, I can get atleast Rs.300 off on all these tires but then those are grey market import. I normally get Rs.100 off on the minum price that companies ask dealers to sell the tires at (these are not MRPs). So, these are minimum price to be sold tags (to maintain heathy competition among dealers). Saving Rs12-1500 on 4 tires is not significant to not to buy tires from authorised dealer. Of course, if the difference if significant, one should take grey market support.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 12:19   #518
Senior - BHPian
 
Fordmanchau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 280 Times
Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Hi Gaurav,

You renewed your Car's Insurance with a Bajaj Allianz Drive Assure policy, but as I understand any car above 3 yrs of age are not covered under this policy.
How did you manage to get this cover?
My car's insurance is up for renewal is covered with the BA Drive Assure policy, but this time they have sent the renewal quote without the Drive Assure Package, therefore, I was wondering.
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 11:07   #519
Senior - BHPian
 
gaurav_chopra04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,249
Thanked: 493 Times
Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Hi Gaurav,

You renewed your Car's Insurance with a Bajaj Allianz Drive Assure policy, but as I understand any car above 3 yrs of age are not covered under this policy.
Hi Fordmanchau, I havent got Bajan Allianz policy for cedia, I have got Bharti AXA. But, you are right, they only cover Drive Assure for 3 years..

However, if you want 0% dep and other facilities for another 2 years, you can switch to Tata AIG. They cover most of the stuff in Drive Assure (and even more, depends on type of cover) for the first 5 years of the age of the car. Cousin's civic has Tata AIG 0% dep insurance and he didnt have any issue taking claim. I have Tata AIG (not 0% dep though) on the Polo and in fact the car is at VW workshop for an accident claim. Again, the surveyor passed claim without an issue.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 13th January 2012 at 11:31.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2012, 13:01   #520
Senior - BHPian
 
gaurav_chopra04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,249
Thanked: 493 Times
Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Cousin's cedia had a kaput suspension and since the car is hardly doing 3-400kms per month, we waited for lancer, which was given for a complete repaint, to come back. The whole job in lancer including complete paint job and firewall replacement took about a month. In the mean time, the kaput suspension of cedia resulted in 2 kaput mounts (excessive shock travel) and we had to put our foot down to get the car back in shape. The cutch was also on its way and thus needed replacement (83K on OD). So, started last saturday.

First was the clutch, called Asian Motors to take a quote, 7k for the clutch and 2800 labour. I was like the clutch is cheap but labour is too much. They said, labour rates have been revised, almost doubled. Too bad but then 10k for OEM clutch is not bad. Called karol bagh and kashmere gate and got quotes like 7k, 9k and 15k. I was like, get lost.

Went to asian motors and left the car for clutch replacement (including clutch plate, pressure plate and clutch release bearing). All three costed 7k including tax and labour of Rs.2800. Got Rs.500/- discount on labour. In about an hour, the SA called to say that the crank seal is leaking and should be replaced. Cost 1250/-. I asked him to replace the seal and also clean the gearbox and change the gear oil.

Went to pick the car next day, and the damage was Rs.7k for clutch, Rs.2300 labour, Rs.1250 for crank seal, Rs.400 for gear box cleaner (half bottle used, half handed over), and Rs.2.2k for gear oil including 2L additive for Rs700 each. Total: Rs.13150/-

Picked the car and went to karol bagh to get the suspension. Mean while the lancer (1.45k on the clock) was being worked upon at Raju's place for timing belt change and timing seals, kaput steering boot and rear brake shoes..Came back and lancer was still about an hour to finish and it was already 4.

When lancer got finished, I asked them to open the cedia's suspension and gear box mount and front cross mount. The spring from old shocks needed to go on new shocks and arms needed bush and end change. The gear box mount of cedia is same as that of lancer but the front cross mount was a little bigger. The sardarji at karol bagh arranged for the cross mount (it was some chinese mount for Rs.550/-, not covincing, but then the OE costed Rs.3k from asian motors, so bought it.) The gear box mount was made in India (only the rubber mount was changed not the complete assembly, which costs 5.5k from ASC) and costed Rs.400/-

Left the cedia at raju's place and went the next day on monday. The car was ready with complete new suspension including shocks, tie rod and ends, arm bushes and ends and jumping rod bushes. The mounts too were changed. Damage : Rs.11.5k for suspension parts, Rs. 1k for mounts and Rs.2k labour. Total: Rs.14.5K

Total Damage: Rs.28k (approx). The rear shocks too need replacement (thanks to over sized tires, 205/55/R16). Will get it done in a week or so..Will cost another 5k plus labour from outside (costs 3.8k each at ASC).

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 22nd January 2012 at 13:02.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2012, 13:53   #521
BHPian
 
mandheers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 291
Thanked: 161 Times
Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Hi Gaurav,

You renewed your Car's Insurance with a Bajaj Allianz Drive Assure policy, but as I understand any car above 3 yrs of age are not covered under this policy.
How did you manage to get this cover?
My car's insurance is up for renewal is covered with the BA Drive Assure policy, but this time they have sent the renewal quote without the Drive Assure Package, therefore, I was wondering.
That was me, I renewed with BA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Cousin's cedia had a kaput suspension and since the car is hardly doing 3-400kms per month, we waited for lancer, which was given for a complete repaint, to come back. The whole job in lancer including complete paint job and firewall replacement took about a month. In the mean time, the kaput suspension of cedia resulted in 2 kaput mounts (excessive shock travel) and we had to put our foot down to get the car back in shape. The cutch was also on its way and thus needed replacement (83K on OD). So, started last saturday.

First was the clutch, called Asian Motors to take a quote, 7k for the clutch and 2800 labour. I was like the clutch is cheap but labour is too much. They said, labour rates have been revised, almost doubled. Too bad but then 10k for OEM clutch is not bad. Called karol bagh and kashmere gate and got quotes like 7k, 9k and 15k. I was like, get lost.

Went to asian motors and left the car for clutch replacement (including clutch plate, pressure plate and clutch release bearing). All three costed 7k including tax and labour of Rs.2800. Got Rs.500/- discount on labour. In about an hour, the SA called to say that the crank seal is leaking and should be replaced. Cost 1250/-. I asked him to replace the seal and also clean the gearbox and change the gear oil.

Went to pick the car next day, and the damage was Rs.7k for clutch, Rs.2300 labour, Rs.1250 for crank seal, Rs.400 for gear box cleaner (half bottle used, half handed over), and Rs.2.2k for gear oil including 2L additive for Rs700 each. Total: Rs.13150/-

Picked the car and went to karol bagh to get the suspension. Mean while the lancer (1.45k on the clock) was being worked upon at Raju's place for timing belt change and timing seals, kaput steering boot and rear brake shoes..Came back and lancer was still about an hour to finish and it was already 4.

When lancer got finished, I asked them to open the cedia's suspension and gear box mount and front cross mount. The spring from old shocks needed to go on new shocks and arms needed bush and end change. The gear box mount of cedia is same as that of lancer but the front cross mount was a little bigger. The sardarji at karol bagh arranged for the cross mount (it was some chinese mount for Rs.550/-, not covincing, but then the OE costed Rs.3k from asian motors, so bought it.) The gear box mount was made in India (only the rubber mount was changed not the complete assembly, which costs 5.5k from ASC) and costed Rs.400/-

Left the cedia at raju's place and went the next day on monday. The car was ready with complete new suspension including shocks, tie rod and ends, arm bushes and ends and jumping rod bushes. The mounts too were changed. Damage : Rs.11.5k for suspension parts, Rs. 1k for mounts and Rs.2k labour. Total: Rs.14.5K

Total Damage: Rs.28k (approx). The rear shocks too need replacement (thanks to over sized tires, 205/55/R16). Will get it done in a week or so..Will cost another 5k plus labour from outside (costs 3.8k each at ASC).
The clutch is actually similar priced to that on the Accent, will check again.

Aquest service guys cited many suspension jobs to tire upsize as well, you are right GC, the 205's may get a bit heavy on the setup.
mandheers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2012, 15:32   #522
Senior - BHPian
 
gaurav_chopra04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,249
Thanked: 493 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers
Aquest service guys cited many suspension jobs to tire upsize as well, you are right GC, the 205's may get a bit heavy on the setup.
Sir, more than 205s, it is the overall size of the tire that affects the set up here. The car is running on 205/55/R16, good one inch bigger diameter compared to 205/55/R15 on my ride. Although, the upsize in diameter is within 3% permissible limit from 195/60/R15, the actual size of Cedia, it does have a negative impact on the already tamper suspension of Indian Cedia.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 24th January 2012 at 15:33.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2012, 16:03   #523
BHPian
 
mandheers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 291
Thanked: 161 Times
Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Sir, more than 205s, it is the overall size of the tire that affects the set up here. The car is running on 205/55/R16, good one inch bigger diameter compared to 205/55/R15 on my ride. Although, the upsize in diameter is within 3% permissible limit from 195/60/R15, the actual size of Cedia, it does have a negative impact on the already tamper suspension of Indian Cedia.
Oh, missed the 16 there, my bad.

And I came across this: Tire size calculator

Bhai you are right about the tampering, and I also assume they have tampered things further in the newer Cedias, like the one I have.

The brakes do not feel at all like I am driving all-disc, very poor braking capability on my car.

Tires tramline heavily and mostly happens on the most crucial moments, like if I am overtaking etc. and the steering starts going all over the place.

One small pebble on the road and the MOMO goes wobbly.

There is also the two issues I spoke of earlier, body-roll on shallow turns and the right tire pulling right when I push hard from a stand-still.

Feels like I am driving an auto rickshaw with a kerb weight of 1225 kilos.

The only saving grace is the transmission and the comfort (interiors + AC etc included). All the tampering is evident on the ride quality, and it is sad for a premium tag car with no re-sale value.

I have complained incessantly, and it took 4 times of sending my car to the garage the last time to solve a knocking rear suspension, and now the front has started makes a 'kirrk' sound as it slowly goes over a speed breaker.

IMO the rear suspension is a joke on my car, when going through an uneven patch the rear left stays hard and lands in anything with a thud, as if the tire is jammed and has only dropped and not rolled into a hole/depression in the road. The usual behavior is for tires to roll in and the car's suspension to go bouncy-bounce.

But on mine the left goes in with a thud, and then comes out, the right rear takes the road better.

And then there is the measly 7 to 7.5 kmpl I have to live with when all I read about is 9 to 10 kmpl that everybody gets on way older Cedias. And I barely drive or get to drive above 2k rpm usually. A tankful barely lasts a week.

The service guys are a good bunch but the Mitsubishi team is all a big mistake. They sure had a great product back in '07, which they have tweaked and tampered to utter dismal performances.

I will write to them again, and give them a few gaalis on FB and Twitter.
mandheers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2012, 16:55   #524
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,761
Thanked: 365 Times
Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

@mandheer: I would suggest that you drive another Cedia on the same stretch to compare. Or if you were to visit Pune anytime soon, maybe you could drive my Cedia and show yours to the mechanics here.

To get a perspective, I was sitting in my BIL's SX4.
On the same stretch (state highway), I could see how SX4 gives a boat like feeling, whereas Cedia is well on the ground.
So, compare with another car if you can.


Noise issues can be resolved for sure - sometimes they take more time that we can anticipate.
I just completed a 2000 KM trip last week. Except for the caliper brackets making a noise on rough roads, I did not experience any other significant issue.
My gear shifter does get stuck sometimes (especially 2nd gear and that too when engine is cold), but on other occasions it is quite good.

My wife drove over a large stone in the middle of the road (around 8 inches in height) and that too at speeds of 40-50 kmph - I was scared and thought the tyres would blast or something. Thankfully nothing happened.

The max I touched was 145 kmph on the Express way - the car does make a lot of noise after 120 kmph. Earlier I thought it was because the car was not serviced for a while, but even after last servicing in Nov/ Dec, the results are pretty much the same.

I remember Khoj doing 165 kmph on the NE1 express way. We did not cross 140 kmph on that stretch - maybe next time.

Road quality of NE1 is a lot better than the Mum-Pune Express way.

The best average I got was 16.2 kmpl and the worst was 12.5 kmpl. The car was loaded with luggage all through out and the use of AC was around 75%.
Most of this was on the highway with few jams due to accidents and idling at stand-still.

I noticed a drop in performance when I had two passengers sitting behind (compared to just the two of us in the front). So, just about 100 kgs of additional weight made a huge difference. Or perhaps the tyre pressure (which was a tad below 30 psi in my gauge).
Then on the return journey, I put in 32 psi (but since the rear passengers were not there), I could not compare the results.

AFAI recollect, at 120 kmph, the engine is at 2900 rpm. It goes above 3000 rpm after that and makes a lot of noise in the cabin. But that noise is nothing compared to the noise that I can hear if I just roll down the windows at that speed.

Last edited by S_U_N : 25th January 2012 at 16:58.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2012, 00:25   #525
Senior - BHPian
 
gaurav_chopra04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,249
Thanked: 493 Times
Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Oh dear! With the number of visits you have made to the ASC and the problems you have faced including fuel pump failure, insufficient braking and noisy suspension, no wonder you are soo frustrated Sir.

I believe its high time you send a mail across to HM-Mitsubishi asking for urgent help. You can use their website for the same. Tell them that you need the problems to be rectified at one go or you will have to take the help of law. I believe it should help. If this doesnt help, then you might as well start posting on their FB and Twitter page.

Such dismal performance from a car which tags itself as "Driving is now pleasure" isnt acceptable. Start with asking for a new car before you end up with getting your car rectified. With pajero sport launch across the corner, last thing they want is bad publicity on public forums like Team Bhp, and their FB, and Twitter page. Update your cedia's thread and post a link of your thread in the mail you send to HM-Mitsubishi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
The brakes do not feel at all like I am driving all-disc, very poor braking capability on my car.
For someone like me, braking is the most important thing in the car. I'd be less worried if anything else is not in place, but brakes, for god sake. The brakes on my friends cedia which runs on 185/65/R15 are also good. There is no reason why it should not be good in your car..


Quote:
Tires tramline heavily and mostly happens on the most crucial moments, like if I am overtaking etc. and the steering starts going all over the place. One small pebble on the road and the MOMO goes wobbly.
You need to get this checked as well, as you may know, I think Bhpian CBlazer got his cedia's steering assembly changed. God, what happened to made in Japan parts..

I cant say that tire pressure can be high because I know you maintain 30 normally.

Quote:
Feels like I am driving an auto rickshaw with a kerb weight of 1225 kilos.
People at HM-Mitsubishi should probably shut down their business, if they dont respond even after this statement. YOU PAID 11 LAC RUPEES FOR THIS CAR, THEY HAVE TO PROVIDE PROPER AFTERSALES TO YOU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
The best average I got was 16.2 kmpl and the worst was 12.5 kmpl. The car was loaded with luggage all through out and the use of AC was around 75%.
Excellent FE that too with a clutch over 1.05 lac kms used. The FE in my cousins cedia has increased from 8-9 to 11-12kmpl after the clutch change. The FE dropped from nearly 2 points in last 4-5k kms.

Quote:
I noticed a drop in performance when I had two passengers sitting behind (compared to just the two of us in the front). So, just about 100 kgs of additional weight made a huge difference. Or perhaps the tyre pressure (which was a tad below 30 psi in my gauge).
Then on the return journey, I put in 32 psi (but since the rear passengers were not there), I could not compare the results.
For sure, its the tire pressure, keep the pressure at 32 PSI on Highways. You will feel drop in performance if you are fully loaded and running on 30 PSI.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 26th January 2012 at 00:33.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mitsubishi Cedia Sports - Technical Specifications & Feature List Stratos Technical Stuff 5 17th August 2011 16:09
New Mitsubishi Cedia Sports Launched at 9.9L Vid6639 The Indian Car Scene 181 5th June 2011 00:36
Cedia Spirit relaunched as cedia sports basic at Rs. 9,30,000 sidindica The Indian Car Scene 42 4th August 2010 00:16
Mitsubishi Cedia Sports - Chicago White raajks Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 70 29th October 2009 11:36


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks