Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2013, 22:57   #766
Senior - BHPian
 
gaurav_chopra04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,249
Thanked: 493 Times
Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Trust me the stock air filter is the best.

I have tried K&N in other cars. Yes it does suck is a hell lot of air but along with the air it also sucks in dust,
I agree that the stock filter of cedia is good, but if you install the k&n typhoon and leave the front air intake tube, you will see improvements. In civic you need some plumbing to get the power boost. The typhoon is not a proper CAI, the CAI requires proper type of plumbing and air access. Many people either source air by cutting a hole in fender or install it behind the bumper for a proper air flow (bad in our country, in case of water logging, water can enter engine through intake). The typhoon with proper air intake will make a little difference.

Since this is a filter that uses oil, proper recharge from time to time is required to allow only minimal dust entering the engine.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ir-intake.html (Honda Civic Dyno Run no.3 - With K&N Typhoon air intake)

Quote:
My Cedia came with a momo steering
I wish they gave it in initial cedias.

Quote:
On an unrelated note - Most of the front and rear suspension on the cedia are made in Italy from what I was told. The stock suspension should easily last upto 1Lakh KM.
The suspension is from KYB, I am not sure if KYB has a facility in Italy. I think they are made in Japan. The ones on lancer in America is from KYB America.

About the suspension life, please note that bigger springs are used in Indian cedia to increase the ground clearance and this is without changing suspension geometry. This leads to suspension arms wearing in about 50-70k kms. The overall life however depends on the kind of roads the car sees in its life and the how cautious one is while driving.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 27th May 2013 at 23:06.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2013, 23:17   #767
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,200
Thanked: 472 Times
Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujjwaana View Post
Hey Captain!
I own a 2007 Cedia Sports and living in South Bangalore.
I have done some cosmetic mods like HID Projectors, Alloy Pedals, OBD etc and love to know if you are exploring something new. I was wondering how can I PM you my mail id.

ujjwal

Tried to PM/Email you.
Quote:
Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails. If you still wish to send an email to this user,
You can always email me or PM me


Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
.
A very well respected gentle man told me these were made in Italy. I will confirm this the next time the car is on the ramp.



Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
I got them replaced locally with Hellas. Cost me 350/- for a pair - was told they must be replaced in pairs.

The OE bulbs were Phillips. Not sure if they were Crystal visions. Aren't those supposed to be "white light" emitting?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...headlamps.html (Product Review: Philips Crystal Vision Halogen headlamps)
Yup Crystal visions are supposed to be white, The bulbs are Philips but they just are not crystal visions.

Did you check the rating on the Hellas? Hope they did not fit 90/100W bulbs.

On an unrelated note -
I had the Fuel pump on the cedia replaced under warranty.
It took about 20mins for the whole process.

After replacing the fuel pump my fuel gauge is much more accurate. My car has a digital fuel gauge.

The fuel pump with the red label is old one,
Attached Thumbnails
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-11.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-12.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-13.jpg  


Last edited by Captain Slow : 27th May 2013 at 23:28.
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2013, 23:37   #768
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 32
Thanked: 12 Times
Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Hi Captain!
I also got the Fuel pump replaced for free in Feb. Have analog fuel gauge so just get tank full once the needle reaches the last graduation (not full empty, one above it). Never seen Digital Gauge! Does it show fuel in Liters ?? If so, on refueling does the Petrol bunk readout matches the change on your gauge??

On a side note, I have seen very few "Aussie Yellow" Cedia in Bangalore like mine, few times in Koramangala Block 1 and one once in HSR layout. Do you ride one of those ?? Mine one is with an AP 09 Registration and Black skirting under the fenders / OVRMs...

Looks like I have yet not earned the PM facility. Got to wait!
ujjwaana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2013, 01:58   #769
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,641
Thanked: 1,169 Times
Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Gaurav, I got the K&N stuff last year but never got around to installing it, It's still mint. I am not sure whether I would be installing it but not because of the reasons here.

I have been running a Cosworth intake on my Swift and the difference in throttle response and pick up from the OE filter is like chalk & cheese. Who cares what's on paper or what Changu Mangu in some video are saying. The stuff is fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
However, the sound of a 69 SERIES is incredible. I have driven Bhpian Ace355's civic and the sound at 3k rpm is to die for. The throttle response too is much better than the stock car.

In btw: we do get deals with free shipping even to India. I remember in feb, there was a deal for US$210 and free shipping.


I believe the ones that go on cedia are SKR66-AUB00.But I have still asked my cousin to get the OE part number of the struts so that I can confirm that its the same as the ES 06-07 and not ES 02-05.
Gaurav your statement below has me very interested in reverting the Cedia's springs to the size available elsewhere. More so 'cause I am actively looking to upsize the alloys and the lowered height will enable me to get the look that I want with the 16" rather than the undesirable 17". Do keep me in the loop regarding the correct part no. deals etc. and more so if you intend to airfreight these as the costs could be spread over the pair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
About the suspension life, please note that bigger springs are used in Indian cedia to increase the ground clearance and this is without changing suspension geometry. This leads to suspension arms wearing in about 50-70k kms. The overall life however depends on the kind of roads the car sees in its life and the how cautious one is while driving.



Hmm I don't know how else to put it so here goes

Had gone to Opera house to search for Osram Night breakers for the Cedia. No dice, landed at a shop selling Philips, Hellas etc etc The guy insisted that the Crystal visions were as good and I said nothing doing. So the guy says OK you try for a couple of nights if you do not like them give them back. Chalo let's do it. So resident electrician opens up the bonnet and takes out the bulb and hands it to me then proceeds to get the other one. Meanwhile I am reading the words stamped on the collar Philips Made in Germany. He gets the box and though the entire bulb is not visible through the packaging the tip and whatever else I can make out are well similar. The box also says Made in Germany. I approach the counter and tell the guy that it seems my OE are the CV and he is dismissive at first but then on second look he is curious too. So our guy opens the brand new pack and we compare the bulbs, they are identical in size, shape, colour of the tip coating and whatever else is stamped on them. He says you want these? Obviously no, he says nothing just hands the package to one of the boys, the electrician puts my OE crystals back and makes 50 bucks out of thin air and I am typing this.

That episode was the basis of my comment on the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
the Cedia doesn't come with Philips crystal visions.
They are Philips but these are not crystal visions. I have upgraded from the stock Philips bulbs to crystal visions.
Philips CVs produce white light 4300K while the stock bulbs are at 3300-3500K.

My Cedia came with a momo steering

You know I think both of us might be correct. From the Momo above and more so from the digital gauge below it is clear that your Cedia is a late 2011 or 2012 model. It is possible that as a cost cutting measure the factory stopped using the crystal visions and switched to a more economical version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
After replacing the fuel pump my fuel gauge is much more accurate. My car has a digital fuel gauge.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2013, 02:51   #770
Senior - BHPian
 
gaurav_chopra04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,249
Thanked: 493 Times
Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Gaurav, I got the K&N stuff last year but never got around to installing it, It's still mint. I am not sure whether I would be installing it but not because of the reasons here.
Sir, try to install it and see the difference. If you don't like it you always have the option of going back to the stock filter.

Quote:
I have been running a Cosworth intake on my Swift and the difference in throttle response and pick up from the OE filter is like chalk & cheese. Who cares what's on paper or what Changu Mangu in some video are saying. The stuff is fun.
Serious fun sir. I LOVED the civic of Ace compared to my cousin's stock civic. It certainly is chalk and cheese difference. Although, I agree with the video, it is to be noted that the intake of the first small car was right at the back near firewall and that of the Subaru didn't have intake pipe/plumbing for cold. I am pretty sure the cosworth in your swift has a plumbing till front till the bumper and then the swift filter is also right in front.


Quote:
Gaurav your statement below has me very interested in reverting the Cedia's springs to the size available elsewhere. More so 'cause I am actively looking to upsize the alloys and the lowered height will enable me to get the look that I want with the 16" rather than the undesirable 17".
Don't think of 17", believe me you don't want them. The ride will become BACK BREAKING. The ride on my cousin's cedia with 16" is hard enough compared to my cedia to notice the difference. I drove a cedia with 17" and ride was aweful. In fact, a civic on 17" is not as bumpy as a cedia on 16". Moreover, do not get anything over 215 cross sections in cedia. They will start touching the fender edges. Please note that EVO that runs on 245 cross sections and 17" has extended fenders compared to cedia. So, get 16" with 205/50/16 or 215/50/16. And then 16" gun metal alloys with wide lip, with green lowering springs on my favourite blue colour on Cedia.. DROOL. You wont believe this, but in few years time, I will either get my car done in Black or in your blue.

In btw: if you will be selling your OZs, I am always in for a bargain .

Quote:
Do keep me in the loop regarding the correct part no. deals etc. and more so if you intend to airfreight these as the costs could be spread over the pair.
Done deal. I definitely need them.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 28th May 2013 at 03:03.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2013, 14:44   #771
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,641
Thanked: 1,169 Times
Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Yes you are correct, the Cosworth kit comes with a corrugated plastic tubing up front that can be extended right down to the air dam and then folded back during the rainy season. The filter too sits right up front followed by a nice Cosworth Blue plumbing in to the engine air intake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Serious fun sir. I LOVED the civic of Ace compared to my cousin's stock civic. It certainly is chalk and cheese difference. Although, I agree with the video, it is to be noted that the intake of the first small car was right at the back near firewall and that of the Subaru didn't have intake pipe/plumbing for cold. I am pretty sure the cosworth in your swift has a plumbing till front till the bumper and then the swift filter is also right in front.

I was pretty much OK with the stock OZ 15" till I got my hands on the Turbo Jet Linea & that came with 16" OE alloys. Since then the itch to upsize the alloys has gotten stronger. Having experienced the Linea's ride with the 16" wheels and aftermarket 205/55R16 Bridgestone Turanza 90s rubber, I know that this size is going to be perfect. BTW the new alloys will be from OZ racing again

You can pick up the K&N kit along with the alloys too

Quote:
Don't think of 17", believe me you don't want them. .................................................. .................................................. .......
So, get 16" with 205/50/16 or 215/50/16. And then 16" gun metal alloys with wide lip, with green lowering springs on my favourite blue colour on Cedia.. DROOL. You wont believe this, but in few years time, I will either get my car done in Black or in your blue.

In btw: if you will be selling your OZs, I am always in for a bargain .

Any chance of shopping for these (the Tiens) in the UK, easier to verify and then ship in person.
Quote:
Done deal. I definitely need them.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2013, 18:25   #772
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,641
Thanked: 1,169 Times
Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Hey S_U_N, I have managed to get my hands on a Morimoto kit that includes the following

2x: Morimoto Mini H1 Bi-xenon projectors - fully prepped and tweaked.
2x: Mini Gatling or Big Gatling Gun 2.0 Shrouds
2x: Solenoid input pigtails
2x: Clear lenses (pre-installed lens upgrade)
2x: H7 adapter plates & H7 rubber washers
2x: H4 adapter plates & H4 rubber washers
2x: Lock-rings

Now I am in the process of getting the Osram HID Kit 4200 K H1 35W. This is complete with bulbs and ballast etc.

My question to you is whether I will need anything else besides the stuff listed above. Secondly, how easy or difficult are the Cedia's headlamps to play with, is there anything in particular that I should look out for. Is there a thread showcasing your install(I know it was not DIY but the process is there), if yes then please provide a link to the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
^I got the projectors + angel eyes from China. Basically a friend of mine ordered three sets and we shared the costs.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2013, 19:57   #773
BHPian
 
JEHU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai/Madurai
Posts: 97
Thanked: 45 Times
Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
I have been experimenting on my car over the last few weeks. Learned a few things on how this car works,
The DIM / BRIGHT switch ? Are we talking about the control that dims the console lights?
If this is the one then the wiring must have got lost behind the knob. Easy job once you open up the bottom part of the dash board.

If the circuit is burned or damaged post back I will tell you how you can replace this.

IF you are in Bangalore then the O2 sensor is about 900, 1000Rs . (this is not from the A.s.s)
But I doubt replacing this will solve the knocking.
How many KM has your car done?
Helo Captain Slow, I've managed to remove the cover that comes right behind the steering wheel to access the DIM / BRIGHT switch assembly. Then I carefully removed it from its housing and then put it all back together. After few more checks under the bonnet, I found that it was indeed the headlight relay that had gone kaput and hence replaced it with the ROOTS one for Rs.180. Oh what a sense of pride and well being on repairing the car on your own!

My car has done 44600 KMs as of now and its just around 6000kms that I've driven since I bought it with all knowledge that it has a few hiccups here and there.

As for the MAF sensor trouble, it seems ok to clean it once in a while with IPA (Iso Propyl Alcohol) and the car runs well. CRC MAF cleaner is on the way for me to further experiment with the old units (I have 3 in all now)

I'm planning to install Racedynamic's product RD0901 as it seems to have analog inputs for temperature, pressure and air flow and hence it could bypass all MAF sensor digital inputs.

As for the radiator which failed me, the short term fix failed and hence when I enquired with HM customer care, they said CEDIA's Radiator would cost Rs.33,000. I had then sourced a new one through some known spare parts shop in Madurai for Rs.14,500. The core was slightly bigger and then it took in 6.5 liters of coolant. But it was a perfect fit on the car. I've finished 500+kms after this work and the remperature guage shows a shade under the normal reading when the old radiator was working fine. Probably the bigger core and more coolant had its effect on the reading.

Though its really getting expensive to maintain this car with my monthly salary, the love for this car makes my family to shell whatever it takes to keep her in top shape-after all, we feel that its one other member in our family
JEHU is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2013, 20:47   #774
Senior - BHPian
 
gaurav_chopra04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,249
Thanked: 493 Times
Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I was pretty much OK with the stock OZ 15" till I got my hands on the Turbo Jet Linea & that came with 16" OE alloys. Since then the itch to upsize the alloys has gotten stronger. Having experienced the Linea's ride with the 16" wheels and aftermarket 205/55R16 Bridgestone Turanza 90s rubber, I know that this size is going to be perfect. BTW the new alloys will be from OZ racing again
I know, the 16" are pretty good. 15 actually looks small on cedia. Also, if you get 205/55/16 on stock suspension (which my cousins cedia has), the ride height will actually increase. Also, if you get 205/55/16 with lowering springs, they might touch the body. If you want to get lowering springs, 205/50/16 or 215/50/16 should be better.

I wanted to get 16" last year when I got the new s drives, but then the tire cost itself was . The Bridgestone Touranza (ER60 or 300, don't remember) costed over 8k per piece for 205/55/16 compare to 205/55/15 s drives at Rs.6k.


Quote:
You can pick up the K&N kit along with the alloys too
I was about to say that, but then I though you may want to try it first before selling and then I wont need it anytime till april next year. But then, I can always take it and store it till next year.

For the alloys, I may come to India in august for a month, so I can swap those.

Quote:
Any chance of shopping for these (the Tiens) in the UK, easier to verify and then ship in person.
The cedia was hardly sold here, so aftermarket support is thin. the shipping from US to UK is almost same, to I though, there is no point getting it here.

The support for EVO is good. In btw, if you want brembo brake pads, I may order them for myself. They are not carbon ceramic, but then I will get brembos for about 25 per set, so 50 (Rs.4k) for front and rear. Damn, the Evoques mintex pads are 60, front and rear, compared to OE pads for 35k plus taxes and labour in delhi . Even the OE here are 200 for front and rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEHU View Post
As for the radiator which failed me, the short term fix failed and hence when I enquired with HM customer care, they said CEDIA's Radiator would cost Rs.33,000. I had then sourced a new one through some known spare parts shop in Madurai for Rs.14,500. The core was slightly bigger and then it took in 6.5 liters of coolant. But it was a perfect fit on the car. I've finished 500+kms after this work and the remperature guage shows a shade under the normal reading when the old radiator was working fine. Probably the bigger core and more coolant had its effect on the reading.
Holy Cow. The radiator was for 14k till last year. What went wrong with your radiator, was it the aluminium part or the plastic top or bottom end that had leak. Last year, my cousin's cedia has a cracked, plastic top and we managed to fit lancer's top end with some alteration. The opening for the coolant pipe which fits the engine was towards the right( facing the car) where the intake pipe is fixed, so we had to cut the intake pipe from the bottom to fix it. Its been over 1 year and its working fine. Costed us 2k including coolant. In btw, I think there must be some coolant in the engine block. In total, I think the car takes 8L of coolant if nothing is in the engine.

Quote:
Though its really getting expensive to maintain this car with my monthly salary, the love for this car makes my family to shell whatever it takes to keep her in top shape-after all, we feel that its one other member in our family
Its for the parts prices and availability, that I want to get polo to do heavy running from next year and cedia to remain as a weekend car.

Last edited by Eddy : 28th May 2013 at 23:27. Reason: Extra smileys
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2013, 21:04   #775
BHPian
 
JEHU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai/Madurai
Posts: 97
Thanked: 45 Times
Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Holy Cow. The radiator was for 14k till last year. What went wrong with your radiator, was it the aluminium part or the plastic top or bottom end that had leak. Last year, my cousin's cedia has a cracked, plastic top and we managed to fit lancer's top end with some alteration. The opening for the coolant pipe which fits the engine was towards the right( facing the car) where the intake pipe is fixed, so we had to cut the intake pipe from the bottom to fix it. Its been over 1 year and its working fine. Costed us 2k including coolant. In btw, I think there must be some coolant in the engine block. In total, I think the car takes 8L of coolant if nothing is in the engine.


Its for the parts prices and availability, that I want to get polo to do heavy running from next year and cedia to remain as a weekend car.
Gaurav, the plastic top was gone and it was spraying coolant all over the engine bay. When I checked for the lancer's plastic top to be an alternate idea, the mechanics (not many top technicians in my town) ruled out the idea. Since I didn't want to take a chance on the car's health, I moved it to the authorised HM service center 136 km from home with a stop gap fix for Rs.1500 and then sourced the radiator from my home town and took it to the HM service center where they changed it.

Unfortunately the CEDIA is the only car at home as I had to sacrifice my earlier SWIFT D for this love at first sight when I spotted the CEDIA at the used car dealer's space. Mind you, I've never gone past 150KMPH in my CEDIA though I had touched 170KMPH so many times in my SWIFT. Hope I'd become some great tuner or DIY expert in another couple of years of owning CEDIA

Do you have a standard parts list with you Gaurav. I would like to change the tail lamps to the white one and also change both the bumpers to the CEDIA SPORT type. Will it be too tough to fit the SPORT type bumpers on a CEDIA SPIRIT
JEHU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2013, 15:03   #776
Senior - BHPian
 
gaurav_chopra04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,249
Thanked: 493 Times
Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEHU View Post
Gaurav, the plastic top was gone and it was spraying coolant all over the engine bay. When I checked for the lancer's plastic top to be an alternate idea, the mechanics (not many top technicians in my town) ruled out the idea. Since I didn't want to take a chance on the car's health.
I know, none of us want the health of the car to be compromised, but sometimes the health of pocket is compromised to do that..

Quote:
Unfortunately the CEDIA is the only car at home as I had to sacrifice my earlier SWIFT D for this love at first sight when I spotted the CEDIA at the used car dealer's space.
Man, I dropped the idea to buy Swift D before buying both the cedia and the polo. Although, polo is a great car, I sometimes regret having bought the second petrol, which doesn't have FE of over 11-12kmpl in city. The cedia easily manages 10 kmpl with that huge 2L.

Quote:
Do you have a standard parts list with you Gaurav.
Nope

Quote:
I would like to change the tail lamps to the white one and also change both the bumpers to the CEDIA SPORT type. Will it be too tough to fit the SPORT type bumpers on a CEDIA SPIRIT
For the tail lights, they were available for some 3500 per piece, 2 year back in karol bagh, delhi. I am not sure of the current price.

For the bumpers, they are a straight fit. However, they wont be cheap even to import it from say Thailand. I'd rather spend that money on a K&N and FFE.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2013, 20:17   #777
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,764
Thanked: 365 Times
Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Good to see this thread back to life.

I think the list below is complete once you add the bulbs and the ballasts.

Did you get this stuff from TRS - from US? or China stuff?

There is no steps documented by me, but there are some posts on TBHP - the process remains the same.
The opening up of the headlamp assy is the biggest problem. Also doing the levelling on a flat levelled surface with a wall at 25 feet is the other important point. Also remember to clean the projector lenses before the final sealing off of the headlamp assy.


While I am not sure, but 55W ballasts are known to result in brighter lights and do not cost much more. The life of the bulbs will be reduced somewhat, but still long enough for most of us.
Also, I am not sure if you do much driving in the rains, since the HIDs will tend to get washed off.

Also, do this stuff before it starts raining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hey S_U_N, I have managed to get my hands on a Morimoto kit that includes the following

2x: Morimoto Mini H1 Bi-xenon projectors - fully prepped and tweaked.
2x: Mini Gatling or Big Gatling Gun 2.0 Shrouds
2x: Solenoid input pigtails
2x: Clear lenses (pre-installed lens upgrade)
2x: H7 adapter plates & H7 rubber washers
2x: H4 adapter plates & H4 rubber washers
2x: Lock-rings

Now I am in the process of getting the Osram HID Kit 4200 K H1 35W. This is complete with bulbs and ballast etc.

My question to you is whether I will need anything else besides the stuff listed above. Secondly, how easy or difficult are the Cedia's headlamps to play with, is there anything in particular that I should look out for. Is there a thread showcasing your install(I know it was not DIY but the process is there), if yes then please provide a link to the same.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2013, 22:27   #778
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,641
Thanked: 1,169 Times
Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Thank you S_U_N for all the pointers, appreciate it. The Morimotos and the Gatlings are from TRS (different from TRW or a misspell? dunno!) in the US, BNIB but third hand. A group that includes a friend's friend imported a whole lot of extras when they set out to do their HL mod and then sold the remaining stuff. One set landed up with the said friend and after a longish rest in his cupboard they are now mine Strange how things work. The Osrams are coming from a local dealer of Osram India.

If it were not for the high cost of the Cedia's grill and the bumper+skirting combo I would have simply affixed a pair of Hella Micro DE driving lights and switched the halogen bulbs with Xenon H7s. Costs would have been similar and no need to tamper with the headlights at all. Of course Hella also offers Micro DE Xenon HID from the factory but they are priced at Rs. 29000 each.

I thought that the 4200K colour would hold good in the rains and fogs. I have not come across the 3000K s anywhere otherwise would have used those. Will try and look for the 55W, I think I might have to switch to Philips for that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Good to see this thread back to life.

I think the list below is complete once you add the bulbs and the ballasts.

Did you get this stuff from TRS - from US? or China stuff?

........... Also remember to clean the projector lenses before the final sealing off of the headlamp assy.


While I am not sure, but 55W ballasts are known to result in brighter lights and do not cost much more. ......
.........Also, I am not sure if you do much driving in the rains, since the HIDs will tend to get washed off.

Also, do this stuff before it starts raining.

Let's do the Brembos, Tien and whatever else you think is good for the car
AND let's meet up when you are here in August.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04
K&N, Alloys, Tien & Brembos
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2013, 12:05   #779
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 32
Thanked: 12 Times
Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

I just noticed another issue after the PATHETIC 40K Service at Mitsubishi ASS.
I see the SRS red indicator coming up within 1 minute of starting the engine !!
DO you think its a connector problem or some Heavy expense to get the air bags replaced!!
ujjwaana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2013, 14:07   #780
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,200
Thanked: 472 Times
Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujjwaana View Post
Hi Captain!
I also got the Fuel pump replaced for free in Feb.

On a side note, I have seen very few "Aussie Yellow" Cedia !
I drive a very sober mild looking cedia, nothing that would give this unwanted attention

But I would love to see your car!

Here is how the Digital Fuel fauge looks, I like the old console better. This one looks way out of place for a cedia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEHU View Post
Helo Captain Slow, Oh what a sense of pride and well being on repairing the car on your own!



Though its really getting expensive to maintain this car with my monthly salary, the love for this car makes my family to shell whatever it takes to keep her in top shape-after all, we feel that its one other member in our family

Do you have a standard parts list with you Gaurav. I would like to change the tail lamps to the white one and also change both the bumpers to the CEDIA SPORT type. Will it be too tough to fit the SPORT type bumpers on a CEDIA SPIRIT
Hah tell me about it I rather do things myself and depend on some dimwit who might end up making things worse than before.

I remember another cedia owner telling me that the RD0901 doesn't work well this his car. Check with RD before you decide.

Can you post a picture of the Radiator?
Yes the car is very expensive to maintain, a little preventive maintenance can go a long way. I know exactly how you feel, I keep my car the same way. She is the one

Are you guys using full Sync oil on your cars?

The original tail lights from mitsu are 9-10K each! The bumper will be another ridiculous 30K

OEM tail lights are available for 8K a set. Not too sure about the bumpers.
But its a direct fit! both the mounts and fitting is the same.
Attached Thumbnails
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-console.jpg  

Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mitsubishi Cedia Sports - Technical Specifications & Feature List Stratos Technical Stuff 5 17th August 2011 16:09
New Mitsubishi Cedia Sports Launched at 9.9L Vid6639 The Indian Car Scene 181 5th June 2011 00:36
Cedia Spirit relaunched as cedia sports basic at Rs. 9,30,000 sidindica The Indian Car Scene 42 4th August 2010 00:16
Mitsubishi Cedia Sports - Chicago White raajks Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 70 29th October 2009 11:36


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:34.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks