Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 5th September 2014, 14:39   #946
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj981 View Post
Posting the exterior pics.

The interior has cheap imitation leather over the company fitted fabric seats. Am visiting Orchis at Powai to have leather seats installed this weekend.

Also wanted to get a good head unit with bluetooth and touch screen interface.

Will share interior pics as well once those are done.
Something is wrong with the above information.

If is is 2011 year car, then as @Khoj said, it has got factory fitted leather seat covers (and I think the HU has touchscreen as well, though I am not 100% sure).
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2014, 15:39   #947
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Really, what else do you think we guys are doing on this thread?

Quote:
I think it will be a good idea for Cedia owners to consolidate all their discussions/suggestions in this blog
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 15:00   #948
BHPian

Hi,

I'm facing a unique problem...

My music system went dead last week and i showed it to an electrician. He just disconnected the battery terminal and reconnected the same and voila the system started and has been working just fine.

So whats the problem then??? Well...

Immediately after i drove from the electrician's workshop i noticed that as i take the foot of the accelerator the car stutters while idling and the engine stops.

I took the car to Sampco (Mitsubishi) where the service guy told me that if the battery cable is disconnected it takes around a day for the ecu setting to adjust itself (I REALLY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THAT MEANS). So the solution is just to drive and let it auto adjust. So anyways i drive back home with the engine stopping around 6 time on my way back.

To my surprise the "engine stoping" hasn't occurred for the past two days but i can see the engine going as low as 500 rpm and then settling around 1,000 rpm intermittently and then again going to the 500 rpm with some stuttering as if the engine is going to die but then again it gets some kinda ventilator support and goes back to 1,000 rpm.

I never saw this happening either on my Astra or my Civic or even on my trusted Santro. Is this peculiar to Cedia? Has anyone faced this?
raj981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 16:14   #949
BHPian

Quote:

Immediately after i drove from the electrician's workshop i noticed that as i take the foot of the accelerator the car stutters while idling and the engine stops.

I took the car to Sampco (Mitsubishi) where the service guy told me that if the battery cable is disconnected it takes around a day for the ecu setting to adjust itself (I REALLY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THAT MEANS). So the solution is just to drive and let it auto adjust. So anyways i drive back home with the engine stopping around 6 time on my way back.

To my surprise the "engine stoping" hasn't occurred for the past two days but i can see the engine going as low as 500 rpm and then settling around 1,000 rpm intermittently and then again going to the 500 rpm with some stuttering as if the engine is going to die but then again it gets some kinda ventilator support and goes back to 1,000 rpm.

I never saw this happening either on my Astra or my Civic or even on my trusted Santro. Is this peculiar to Cedia? Has anyone faced this?
Try getting your battery checked. I faced a similar problem in my Palio and found the weak battery to be the culprit.
PreethamB is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2014, 00:06   #950
BHPian

I believe this is specific to Cedia's ECU. I had the same issue after discharged battery but my A*S*S* technician did fiddle with the screw and "set" it. He had also mentioned that this is normal in Cedia.
troublemaker is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2014, 14:42   #951
Senior - BHPian

@Cedia owners: What does your maintenance cost look like in terms of Rs. per km? Just want to get the ball-park figure before i jump in for a used deal.
Deeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2014, 17:20   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
@Cedia owners: What does your maintenance cost look like in terms of Rs. per km? Just want to get the ball-park figure before i jump in for a used deal.
A bit early for me to really comment on the long term costs but will share my short term experience...

Have picked up a 2011 Cedia around 3 weeks back. It returns a decent 10 kmpl. My drive is from Bandra to Vile Parle (Roughly 6 kms each way in medium traffic) and weekend drive of around 100 kms.

Other than that i just did a servicing at Sampco which set me back around 3k.

I've read on the forum that the spares are relatively on the higher side. But if you are ready to look around there are lots of places where you can source the parts a lot cheaper.

Regards,
Old 10th September 2014, 20:58   #953
Senior - BHPian

You are correct, just today the authorised distributor for NGK here in Dilli delivered 4 Iridium spark plugs @665/- each. Compare this to the ones sold by the A.S.C. which are again NGK (non Iridium of course) @ 1325/- each. This with free delivery and cheque payment a proper VAT bill, oh did I mention 'Made in Japan'.

The delivery guy informed me that they are distributors for various other OEs and stock Clutch sets, spark plug wires, brake pads, shock absorbers, air filters & coolant besides the plugs. So yes looking around helps.

Quote:
I've read on the forum that the spares are relatively on the higher side. But if you are ready to look around there are lots of places where you can source the parts a lot cheaper.
BTW, regarding your Cedia's stuttering/stalling issue, has it been resolved? I do recall reading about a similar case either on this forum or outside and the problem in that case was caused by a faulty/dirty O2 sensor. Cleaning the same did the trick.
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2014, 21:39   #954
BHPian

If anyone needs brand new original iridium spark plugs for Cedia then do let me know. I've one set of unused spark plug with me which I want to sell. These I had got but before I could change them I sold the car.
saurabhkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2014, 21:39   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Something is wrong with the above information.

If is is 2011 year car, then as @Khoj said, it has got factory fitted leather seat covers (and I think the HU has touchscreen as well, though I am not 100% sure).
Yes, the touch screens had started coming in by 2009-10 models. The AC controls were shifted down to accommodate this huge touch panel.

Quote:
A bit early for me to really comment on the long term costs but will share my short term experience...

Have picked up a 2011 Cedia around 3 weeks back. It returns a decent 10 kmpl. My drive is from Bandra to Vile Parle (Roughly 6 kms each way in medium traffic) and weekend drive of around 100 kms.

Other than that i just did a servicing at Sampco which set me back around 3k.

Regards,
I've been getting a decent milage of 10 plus.

Albeit, I've not come across a source for cheaper spares. I would appreciate if somebody would guide me for such a source in Delhi.
susan3004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2014, 23:59   #956
Senior - BHPian

You can contact "Raju" (9811241450) he is a mechanic operating from one of the by lanes of GOL market area. Both Gaurav & myself have used his services for sourcing/fitment of spares & running repairs respectively. He sources parts from importers based in Karol bagh & Kashmere gate amongst other places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan3004 View Post
Albeit, I've not come across a source for cheaper spares. I would appreciate if somebody would guide me for such a source in Delhi.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2014, 07:39   #957
BHPian

I'm sanguine that Raju will do good job on the car, albeit nothing much is required on it. Got to deal with the rear suspension as there is some squeakiness heard, which was not there earlier. Although, the ride quality is still felt to compliant as it was earlier.

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-20140908_201629.jpg
Old 11th September 2014, 13:47   #958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan3004 View Post
The answer is right here. See quoted text below

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post

The delivery guy informed me that they are distributors for various other OEs and stock Clutch sets, spark plug wires, brake pads, shock absorbers, air filters & coolant besides the plugs. So yes looking around helps.
@susan3004: Now you know whom to contact for the spares.

Last edited by S_U_N : 11th September 2014 at 13:49.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2014, 16:33   #959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
You are correct, just today the authorised distributor for NGK here in Dilli delivered 4 Iridium spark plugs @665/- each. Compare this to the ones sold by the A.S.C. which are again NGK (non Iridium of course) @ 1325/- each. This with free delivery and cheque payment a proper VAT bill, oh did I mention 'Made in Japan'.

BTW, regarding your Cedia's stuttering/stalling issue, has it been resolved? I do recall reading about a similar case either on this forum or outside and the problem in that case was caused by a faulty/dirty O2 sensor. Cleaning the same did the trick.
Yes. The engine doesn't stall anymore. Thanks!

Just getting leather seats installed this week end and a pioneer head unit (AVIC F60 BT) with apple car play installed by month end. A sweet deal for a car run 25K kms. Total cost after the seats and the unit Rs 4.55 lacs.

Did I mention how proud I'm of myself.
Old 13th September 2014, 17:40   #960
BHPian

Deepak, I was hoping that you would have lined up a couple of examples to choose from. However, it is a wise decision that you are abstaining from the particular piece which you had homed upon.

Anxiously waiting for you to get a good deal.