Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 17th October 2014, 00:17   #1006
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

They don't look like Original Mitsubishi and from the pictures these seem to be Metalic based, These can eat up your rotors very quickly under heavy/hard braking. Keep an eye on them.
Did they come in any packing ?

Any idea what brand parts they used for the following?
Steering ball joint pair 1839
Steering TIE rod end 2690

pst
The green paint on these remind me on TNG pads.
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2014, 10:09   #1007
BHPian

Default re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Well, the jury is still out on what eats rotors more, ceramic or metallic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brake_pad#Materials

http://www.intuneautos.com/brake-pad...ic-brake-pads/

http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/t...-metallic.aspx

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/tech/....jsp?techid=88
abeerbagul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2014, 10:12   #1008
BHPian

Looking at the pics of brake pads posted by s_u_n

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3049577

These also seem to be semi metallic.

Pethkar motors, the Mitsubishi dealer in Kothrud, also has the same brake pads at 5700 plus vat, which is more than double the cost of what I am paying (2130).

I guess I will run these pads for 2-3 months and then check again.
abeerbagul is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2014, 11:03   #1009
Senior - BHPian

Well, if you are not into hard braking, I would guess that any of the brake pads will easily last 25000 KMs.

For the money you are paying, I think that is a good deal.
The one I got did not have the green color for sure.
It is easy for anyone to stamp some letters, numbers on the metal and also print something on a box.

I have the earlier used brake pads as well - they were replaced at A.S.S. by the previous owner. Will try and post some pictures.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2014, 01:07   #1010
BHPian

Urgent: Possible Fatal Flaw in Cedia Airbags

I would like to draw a ***Serious*** concern regarding Mitsubishi recalling its Lancer Sedans (Lancer LS/Oz Rally, sold as Cedia in India) due a FATAL flaw in "Takata Airbags", already caused 3 death in US ?

IS Mitsubishi India recalling all such cars for Airbag replacement ? Like they did for Cedia Petrol Pump ? OR we people are doomed to spend 60000-70000 Rs to replace at our cost ?

Any words from Mitsubishi India ?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/21/bu...=WT.mc_id&_r=0

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...ag-recall.html
ujjwaana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2014, 11:41   #1011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujjwaana View Post
Urgent: Possible Fatal Flaw in Cedia Airbags
I Quote -
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...ag-recall.html
Quote:
the (recall) will be limited to affected vehicles that are registered in, or were originally sold in Florida, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Mitsubishi wrote in a letter to NHTSA.
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2014, 13:08   #1012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Has someone contacted higher ups in Mitsubishi India?

We surely do have humid weather in various parts of India.
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2014, 14:54   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
I think Recall on security concerns is only seen in Western market where companies really really scared of harsh fines put on them if people die due to their manufacturing problem. Such things dont happen so proactively in India, except in few cases. The article has only named US states as the site is US-specific, but it does not means car with same defective airbags would not have been sold elsewhere. We can't be sure.

I am more concerned with complete lackadaisical attitude and abysmal service of Mitsubishi in India. Specially when the car is discontinued, they would take least care about it.

I have posted in Mitsubishi India's FB page, but its better we contact Mitsubiahi India directly. Lets take the initiative.

-Ujjwal
ujjwaana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2014, 14:14   #1014
BHPian

Can someone ease post part numbers for clutch set, brake pads and caliper pins? I'm in Thailand and trying to buy parts.
troublemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2014, 15:20   #1015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublemaker View Post
Can someone ease post part numbers for clutch set, brake pads and caliper pins? I'm in Thailand and trying to buy parts.
Check out my posts from last year for the clutch and the brake pads. I think I have mentioned some of the caliper related parts as well, along with photos.
Old 24th October 2014, 22:18   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Check out my posts from last year for the clutch and the brake pads. I think I have mentioned some of the caliper related parts as well, along with photos.
I went through your posts but everywhere it is mentioned as Exedy MBK1008. I'm looking for Mitsu part number.

Anyone has any experience buying parts form Thailand?
Old 25th October 2014, 10:27   #1017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublemaker View Post
I went through your posts but everywhere it is mentioned as Exedy MBK1008. I'm looking for Mitsu part number.

Anyone has any experience buying parts form Thailand?
The OEM clutch is from Exedy.
Remember that clutch set is quite heavy - around 5 KGs or so.
Old 5th November 2014, 22:10   #1018
BHPian

I chickened out from carrying it in the bag and paying duty on it! I'll look for an Exedy dealer in A'bad and if not, will order from Mars, Mumbai.
Old 7th November 2014, 15:41   #1019
BHPian

Finally got the time to install the cabin filter.

Got the cabin filter from the USA as i wasn't getting a proper response from the Sampco guys.

The most difficult part was to open the glove box. Rest was easy.

The weapon of choice to cut open the plastic cover was the good old kitchen knife.

Time taken: 15 mins
Attached Thumbnails
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-1.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-2.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-3.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-4.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-5.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-6.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-7.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!-8.jpg  

raj981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2014, 13:38   #1020
Senior - BHPian

I think it is time to change my headlight leveling motor for the left side.

The leveling does not work and the motor is getting hot.

At this stage I am not 100% sure if the motor can be replaced without replacing the whole assy, but logically it should be possible.