Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 29th February 2016, 19:38   #1231
Senior - BHPian

Mine is 2007 Sept and it has Immobilizer.
RajaTaurus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2016, 19:57   #1232
BHPian

Default Re: It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Mine is 2007 Sept and it has Immobilizer.
Adding to the confusion. Mine is 2008 model but not having immobilizer.
So i understand that it can be programmed to work or not work as immobilizer. Is that correct?
avimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2016, 20:01   #1233
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
So i understand that it can be programmed to work or not work as immobilizer. Is that correct?
You're only getting the key cut right? If you're not changing the remote (inside button portion) then you don't have to worry about the immobiliser.

This should serve your purpose : http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-But...999.261.899txn

Or, if you prefer something different : http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-BUT...541609751.html
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2016, 14:34   #1234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
My last experience with SVR forced me to sell my Cedia. The less said about them, the better it is.
Write to Vijayan P, CEO and SBU Head, Mitsubishi Chennai Plant, HMFCL, at p.vijayan@hmfcl.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujjwaana View Post
Did anyone in Bangalore get his Cedia serviced at VikramChandra Mitsu on Bannergatta Road ? How is the Feedback ?? though SVR served me ok ok for 3 years, last time their Advisor was trying to up sell necessary repairs which I was taken aback.
Well, my Lancer would go to SVR too (it was Lathangi and Southern Motors previously), since Vijayachandra opened up on Bannerghatta Road, that's where I go and they are good. The works manager, Manjunath is enthusiastic and goes out of his way to keep customers happy.

Last edited by Zappo : 3rd March 2016 at 15:45. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Prozac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2016, 14:53   #1235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
Write to Vijayan P, CEO and SBU Head, Mitsubishi Chennai Plant, HMFCL, at p.vijayan@hmfcl.com
Won't help much as the primary gripe was related to spare part prices and those are dictated by HM itself.

Just to give you a context - the cost of spares of a Cedia is more than an entry luxury segment vehicle.

That is well and truly sad and a sure shot way of destroying your customer base.
reignofchaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2016, 15:09   #1236
BHPian

I wish I could disagree, sigh, yes, spares cost for my Lancer are also astronomical. Way back then I would insist on MMC (Mitsubishi Motor Corpn, Made in Japan) parts only, now even the clutch assy made locally by HM costs some 16000 rupees! I must say however OE parts (especially those made in Japan) last forever. My stock clutch lasted some 206000km!
Prozac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 14:25   #1237
BHPian

Quote:
I tried but this email id is not reachable.
Old 3rd March 2016, 19:27   #1238
BHPian

Quote:

I got the new shell for my key from a local shop for Rs 800. Shell looks almost same as that on stock key. Happy with it. ASC was asking rs 10000 for it.
Old 4th March 2016, 17:12   #1239
BHPian

Quote:
I tried but this email id is not reachable.
I wonder what's wrong, that's the ID I used while looking for OE parts a few years ago. Anyway, I ran into their Dy. Gen Mgr, Service, G. Krishna Kumar this afternoon at Vijayachandra Motors; his mail address is gkrishnakumar@hmcfl.com and phone number is (0) 99404 98656. I'm sure he'd be of help.
Prozac is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2016, 21:15   #1240
BHPian

Quote:
I wonder what's wrong, that's the ID I used while looking for OE parts a few years ago. Anyway, I ran into their Dy. Gen Mgr, Service, G. Krishna Kumar this afternoon at Vijayachandra Motors; his mail address is gkrishnakumar@hmcfl.com and phone number is (0) 99404 98656. I'm sure he'd be of help.
There was typo in this id. It is @hmfcl.com. I am able to reach him. Thanks for info.
Old 6th March 2016, 18:43   #1241
Senior - BHPian

Hello people. I picked up carfreak's Cedia; all thanks to James and Sunnyboi.
Have to say it's superbly maintained and I'm one lucky bloke. Enjoying every bit of it.

Name:  ForumRunner_20160306_184154.png
Views: 670
Size:  357.5 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20160306_184202.png
Views: 671
Size:  539.2 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20160306_184209.png
Views: 660
Size:  403.6 KB

Last edited by schakravarthy : 6th March 2016 at 18:57.
schakravarthy is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2016, 20:18   #1242
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Chakra! There's going to be some serious competition in the garage now between deciding which one (this or the 390) gets out for the weekend. Enjoy!
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2016, 19:30   #1243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
congrats. you will enjoy it. it is an awesome car. you just need a local service shop to maintain it for cheap. thats it.
avimal is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2016, 20:36   #1244
BHPian

Quote:
Have to say it's superbly maintained and I'm one lucky bloke. Enjoying every bit of it.

Congrats Chakra ... welcome to the family. Being in Bangalore we Cedia guys should meet up ... The car looks immaculate !

Guys in Bangalore , is there a detailer /cleaner in Bangalore who can restore the Engine bay neat and clean and do it safely ?? there is girt inside the bay and I want it cleaned up.
ujjwaana is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2016, 22:12   #1245
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats @schakravarthy for getting yourself a very well maintained Cedia (ha ha, indirectly I am patting my own back)

This Cedia is an official team-bhp car-each one of it's owners are members in this forum. And this thread has indeed become the one stop thread for all Cedia owners to share their experiences.

Enjoy the Cedia and wishing you many miles of satisfied ownership!!
carfreak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote