Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 26th August 2009, 19:17   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Nehamit. the lever of the seat looks small and good. can you post us more pictures of this changed lever?
I will take some pics today and post.
nehamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 22:39   #212
Senior - BHPian

Default Chandigrah Trip Done Safely

As planned, had got my tankful done yesterday itself and luggage also loaded the night before.
From Delhi-Chandigarh it was my turn to drive (feel sleepy after 3-4 pm so my turn first then dad for return journey). Drove non stop 300 kms with just a 10 min "susu" break. Dont like stopping again and again.

My observations

1. Engine DOES feel underpowered sometimes and i will agree here. There is just no torque around 1300-1500 rpm and car refuses to budge. Maybe it was more pronounced because last week we took Scorpio there which goes from 20 to 90 without any gear change. Once above 2k rpm car is good, below it with AC on it is slow to pickup.
A car blasted past me from left side and i was shaken. it was a bmw X5, i was on 140 and he atleast around 200

2. Braking is just way too good. 0-100 timing of Linea may not be good but 100-0 is excellent, inspires so much confidence. Was at 130 and a rickshaw came in my lane. There was no place to take my car, without fuss car stopped a good distance before rickshaw, also thanking god that the bolero behind me too stopped.

3. Mileage-
MID was showing me 14.2 kmpl when i stopped at the bunk, on manual calcs i got 14.80 kmpl which is extremely good for full AC at 24 and cruising range of 110-130 with short bursts to 150.

4. Ride, handling and NVH:
Awesome again, this time we felt much more comfy and were less fatigued than last time in Scorp. No rattle or creak till now and my Linea is at 3900 kms now after completing the journey. Excellent handling but today traffic was so much so i couldnt enjoy the high speeds much.

Close shave:
Was reading a toll fee board and a rickshaw puller came into my lane without me noticing it at speeds on 80-90, dad shouted stopppp. I banged the brakes hard and tried to swerve left to save him which luckily happened otherwise it would have been a major accident. Was saved by a whisker today.

The petrol tank is on opposite sides as compared to other cars, the bunk guy kept his heavy pipe on my boot and made big scratches on my car. As soon as reached chandigarh, cleaned area applied Scratchout and then F1 wax and the scratches vanished. The boot area is shining like crazy now, will do a wax this weekend on my beauty.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 09:46   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
3. Mileage-
MID was showing me 14.2 kmpl when i stopped at the bunk, on manual calcs i got 14.80 kmpl which is extremely good for full AC at 24 and cruising range of 110-130 with short bursts to 150.

Close shave:
Was reading a toll fee board and a rickshaw puller came into my lane without me noticing it at speeds on 80-90, dad shouted stopppp. I banged the brakes hard and tried to swerve left to save him which luckily happened otherwise it would have been a major accident. Was saved by a whisker today.
Good mileage I would say looking at the size of the car and then the speed you were cruising at. May be 80-100 will give you more mileage.

Next time be careful while driving, life is too precious my bro!!.
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 12:03   #214
BANNED

Quote:
Close shave:
Rajat - Take care & Be careful. Thank God for such a close shave.

Of late I also feel that I've developed some carelessneck, will have to guard. Else generally I do not pay attention to anything while driving. Nothing at all however small or important. Never ever I try to pick cell when its not connected to hands free (now B&M). Never indulge in long talks/ discussions even. Have to get back to that mode again. No compromises.
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 15:44   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Good mileage I would say looking at the size of the car and then the speed you were cruising at. May be 80-100 will give you more mileage.
Yeah even i was amazed with the mileage and got much better than had expected. Car was a breeze to drive throughout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Rajat - Take care & Be careful. Thank God for such a close shave.
It never happens with me, dont know what my idiotic mind stuck that i kept looking at toll fee board without even glancing at the road in between. Would have been in a mess if had hit the rickshaw as it was Haryana

Linea owners my query here
Dad commented that Linea's accelerator is pretty hard compared to other cars, it requires force to press and keep throttle pedal to max at highways. I also agree to him somewhat as my right leg is painin a bit today.
Talked to Amit and he said its not that hard to cause leg pains as i drive a Scorpio too which requires force in eveythin you do.

Should i get it checked?
ABS motors had given a call again and said they have placed part order to fiat and will callback when the part arrives. For once, i think i will be free of this going down seat which is the only issue my beauty has.
Eveything else- top notch.

Sp thanks- Sunil, my sister yest said- "Great Tata plastics is gone, seat belt not locking and i told her back instantly you are putting it in wrong slot and voila i was correct. Thanks man.
Old 27th August 2009, 16:09   #216
Senior - BHPian

Default Picture time

Well i am not much of a photo maniac as dont even like stopping between point A to B to take some rest, clicked some pics of the car as it was looking gorgeous yesterday.

Just before starting the jorney at 6:00 AM at my appartments
My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-picture-linea-001.jpg

Advantage of silver- after completing 300 kms from construction area and highways, its still spick n span like i washed it. Didnt even wipe it with cloth. Sometimes this color looks good and sometimes i hate myself for going for such a common color. Mudflaps paint hasnt chipped off after 4k kms as someone had commented.
My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-picture-linea-018.jpg

My Linea taking rest under a tree shade- notice two black threads on lower grills (thanks mom), these to save my car from buri nazar Ashwin u listenin.
My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-picture-linea-019.jpg

Some readings of the MID- car returned me a very good FE of around 15. Wonder what it would give in winters without AC and at speeds of 70-80 (foggy weather). 17-18?
My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-picture-linea-021.jpg

My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-picture-linea-022.jpg

Last edited by coolboy007 : 27th August 2009 at 16:19.
Old 2nd September 2009, 17:27   #217
Senior - BHPian

Angry Seat height adjustments- Parts not come

After 8 days i called my service centre and they say they still dont have spare part for this height adjustment problem

When i got angry and yelled at them that are you importing spares from Italy, he said "hum kya karein sir, Fiat ne nahin bheje".
Am really getting pissed off with this attitude of fiat, why are they not providing spares quickly.

Me, Manmachine(stuck with dented rainboards), ihrishi(waiting for some radiator hose)
What is Fiat doing? Selling 2800 cars a month and not providing spares, seems they want to go Palio way again.

Shot a mail to Rajeev Kapoor, got an automated reply. Waiting...
Old 2nd September 2009, 19:14   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ashwin u listenin
Yeah . i saw that. May be i have to do that too so as to not to invite buri nazar
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 10:41   #219
Senior - BHPian

Congratulation brother..! Nice to hear that you're getting good mileage even in high speeds Btw nice photographs too..I'm also a proud owner of Fiat,Grande Punto...!Keep updating

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
After 8 days i called my service centre and they say they still dont have spare part for this height adjustment problem

When i got angry and yelled at them that are you importing spares from Italy, he said "hum kya karein sir, Fiat ne nahin bheje".
Am really getting pissed off with this attitude of fiat, why are they not providing spares quickly.

Me, Manmachine(stuck with dented rainboards), ihrishi(waiting for some radiator hose)
What is Fiat doing? Selling 2800 cars a month and not providing spares, seems they want to go Palio way again.

Shot a mail to Rajeev Kapoor, got an automated reply. Waiting...
I do really wonder why your dealer is saying that the 'parts are not available with them'.My Grande Punto had a problem with the alternator and I got the alternator shipped from Italy/Pune (Not sure about the place)and got it replaced under warranty within 10 days from RF Motors,Kerala.I hope that the dealer will be able to fix it within a couple of days
Klub Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 13:38   #220
BHPian

The problem is, this is a newly-designed part and hasn't properly reached the dealers. It's only being sent on request-basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
I do really wonder why your dealer is saying that the 'parts are not available with them'.My Grande Punto had a problem with the alternator and I got the alternator shipped from Italy/Pune (Not sure about the place)and got it replaced under warranty within 10 days from RF Motors,Kerala.I hope that the dealer will be able to fix it within a couple of days
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 20:21   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Congratulation brother..! Nice to hear that you're getting good mileage even in high speeds Btw nice photographs too..I'm also a proud owner of Fiat,Grande Punto...!Keep updating
Linea- Punto sister-sister , am seeing loads of Puntos in Delhi here. Have seen all cars barring a black one till now. Yeah, next month i go i wont get more than 13 as that highway invites for speeds above 140-160.

Hope your Punto exp is niggle free/

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
The problem is, this is a newly-designed part and hasn't properly reached the dealers. It's only being sent on request-basis.
Seems it wont even come on request. Waiting patiently for some more time for the parts to arrive.
Its a newly designed lever so maybe thats taking some time.
Old 3rd September 2009, 22:45   #222
BANNED

CB,

Yes this is redesigned Lever & also assembly. The assembly is coming from Germany, thats what I came to know. It has reached the vendor Tata Johnson on 1st Sep'09. He is coming to replace it in my Linea this Saturday. I suggest you do not ask but TELL your dealer that it has arrived. Further also speak to Fiat (Mangesh or AASHISH bHARDWAJ OR anyone else) & try to get Name of Corp Quality Team member managing North. I could not speak to the guy here. Will remember to do it tomorrow.
Old 3rd September 2009, 22:49   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
CB,
I suggest you do not ask but TELL your dealer that it has arrived. Further also speak to Fiat (Mangesh or AASHISH bHARDWAJ OR anyone else) & try to get Name of Corp Quality Team member managing North. I could not speak to the guy here. Will remember to do it tomorrow.
Amit,
Can you PM me direct contact details of Aashish or Mangesh? I want to have a talk with them. After next wed, i would be too busy for 2 weeks and wont have time to go to serv centre for any part replacement.
Old 3rd September 2009, 22:52   #224
BHPian

@vp,
make sure to take some pics while you change stuff in yr seat.
My seat-lever problem is still 5% unsolved.
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 23:59   #225
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
@vp,
make sure to take some pics while you change stuff in yr seat.
My seat-lever problem is still 5% unsolved.
Neo

What is unresolved? pls share so I know & can take it up accordingly
What kinda pics should I take?