Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 16th June 2009, 21:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

Its rare to see such issues with Maruti Service. Hope they are not learning to be like some other brands.

Shoot mails to MarutiSuzuki top officials. It works. Give them the whole story and tell them that you are thoroughly dissatisfied. I'm sure they will get things back to proper shape.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 09:22   #17
BHPian

Sounds bad humyum , but could you please go easy on the exclamation marks? Really makes for horrendous reading.

Did you try emailing MASS - that works, email the higher authorities and send all these details. As I recall they will send someone to your place - a senior engineer or someone.
Takumi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 10:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Did you email customer service or managed to get regional service guys email id? Give it another day or two, otherwise pick up the phone and call the customer service again.

I dont know about lemon factor but i do think that the service rendered to you by A>S>S is below par ie the actual technical quality of work. When we spoke first after your clutch plate replacement, i was under the impression that it would go away in couple of 100 kms, esp since you also would be adapting to a smooth clutch from the previously hard feel.

But after you called yesterday, i feel that the A>S>S has taken an easier route while replacing the clutch plates, ie they have not cleared out other factors like clutch release bearings, shafts etc which might be damaged or even the cause of initial problems.

Your best bet now is to get MUL technical person involved.
Yes, Maruti has not replied nor mailed me back yet, today is the second day and i dont want to go to Sai service anymore.I called the service advisor who did this flywheel thing right on monday and he was like
" Sir , call me on wednesday na please'

And i call him today and he says
"Bring the car tomorrow sir'

What atttitude man, and i thought their priority should be to rectify the car asap.I dont think Iwant to go there again, Andheri Or Lower Parel

They try to solve something and ruin 2 to 3 other things in the bargain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
well its of the bad *** part and also the car you got, best bet as gto said is to get MSL technicals directly getting involved, get in touch with top personell and ask them to go through your car with their technical staff and not of your dealers staff.
Yes, but for that maruti should respond, which they have not
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Its rare to see such issues with Maruti Service. Hope they are not learning to be like some other brands.

Shoot mails to MarutiSuzuki top officials. It works. Give them the whole story and tell them that you are thoroughly dissatisfied. I'm sure they will get things back to proper shape.
I have been searching for e-mail address of the top nochos, havent been able to find them. Anyone there who has them please post it here or pm me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
Sounds bad humyum , but could you please go easy on the exclamation marks? Really makes for horrendous reading.

Did you try emailing MASS - that works, email the higher authorities and send all these details. As I recall they will send someone to your place - a senior engineer or someone.
Sowieeeeeee about the exclamation !!!!!

I am waiting for that , the judders have a mind of their own. Yesterday on a drive while going to bandra it juddered and while coming back it did not. So when they check and it does not show, they are going to dismiss it as 'normal' and when it does judder it judders like everything is going to fall apart.

Last edited by humyum : 17th June 2009 at 10:35.
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 14:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

Default Next Episode

ankit @ thanks for the e-mail ids buddy

Now i call the service station guy Sai Service (Lower Parel) who replaced the flywheel, and he said come on thursday,I say fine.
All this while on the way the car juddering at signals!

Went there, met him and he asked someone else to test drive the car

His words

"Sir accelerator dabaye bina car chaloge toh judder hoga hi traffic main'

Gear Shifts are normal too sir

In the name of GOD, downshifting is hard, Gear goes in 3rd with resistance, in 1st with resistance, In 2nd with resistance only 4th and 5th are smooth!

Then manish came for a test drive and rubbished everything as normal too .

Horror of all horrors , he told me had change the release bearing when he had changed the flywheel, but it was not in the bill he had given me before, then too i took his word for it

He talks to me rudely too, saying its all normal , its in your head and its a perfect car and nothing needs to be done.

I tell him that it judders even more when its cold and his instant rude reply

'First u were telling me it judders when its hot and now when its cold, first you decide when it judders.

I tell him that before the flywheel replacment it juddered when hot and now it judders very much during cold condition.

He does not accept any of it and goes on with his rude behavior

Talking rudely to a customer is JUST NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Works manager comes out, takes a test drive then and says yes there is 5 to 10% judder and keep the car and ill check it when its cold too and change whatever needs to be changed,

This is my last maruti car, I rather try my luck with hyundai or even tata for that matter

Cheap Product, cheap quality and cheapest of cheap service stations

Maruti has just acknowledged my mail but neither replied nor taken action!
Old 18th June 2009, 14:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

This is shocking to hear!
The famed Maruti A.S.S is on a downward trend!

The worst part is Maruti itself have not responded & taken any action so far. Pathetic!
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 14:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
This is shocking to hear!
The famed Maruti A.S.S is on a downward trend!

The worst part is Maruti itself have not responded & taken any action so far. Pathetic!
Yes, They have so many numbers that they just dont want to sort individual problems, they just want to say ' everything is normal'

Imagine my pressure plate was broken since around the car was 5 thousand km and it was making a 'tak tak tak tak' sound and these !@#$%^@# rubbished it saying
'gearbox engage hoga clutch ke saath toh awaaz toh ayega hi na gearbox main se'

and at 10 thousand km service after i complained to maruti is when they opened and checked this. Isnt this rubbish ?

They just dont want to take the trouble as long as the car is working and sputtering they are fine, once it breaks down with half the things spoilt inside is when they ll take some action!

A new car or old car, customer be damned.
Old 18th June 2009, 15:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

And I thought only my hero honda service guys tell me that the problem is in my head! Sorry to hear about your story pal. Maruti Service is falling day by day.

OT: a maruti dealer in my areas had arranged for a free monsoon checkup and mine was the first car to reach for that. I finally had to fire them all for the pathetic service that they gave me.
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 16:44   #23
VEA
BHPian

Usually MASS is bad, but the company takes good care of thier customers.

I had some long pending issues like suspension and body rattles, clutch etc with my petrol swift two year back. The dealer was not very inclined to rectify it. It kept runnng like that for a while, but i got worried as the warranty was expiring fast.

Unexpectedly i got something to make the dealer attend the problems. Maruti send me a customer satisfaction survey form asking about the various aspects of the car, the dealer etc. Even before i got the form, the dealer called me up and asked me to give them atleast 80% positive in my response! i said i wont since i have service and guarantee issues with the car. The dealer kept calling me until i negotiated. i demanded my car to be attended and repaired under warranty before i send a positive response to maruti. it worked, the dealer took the car in for a week, did all the works and i send maruti the appropriate response!

And to my surpirse i got a new spare wheel and tyre with the service! the reason being, i was supplied with a pressed steel spare wheel and smaller tyre instead of the usuall alloy rim and wider tyre that comes with the ZXi. I had'nt checked the spare wheel until then! guys please check if you get everything with the car when it is delivered.

Last edited by VEA : 18th June 2009 at 16:48. Reason: missed a point
VEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 18:38   #24
BHPian

These are service centers, dont do their jobs. Seems like, eariler cars, like Esteem, M800, Alto etc has simple engine technology. They were able to provide service, where it requires less knowledge.
Now, with Swift and SX4, they are moving into modern engine. Modern engine's has technology which doesnt goes down, and if goes down, one need to have knowledgeble and logical mind to sort it out.
Maruti should improve their process to have the same *** as it was before like, take imidiate feedback customer, if same car being reported the problem at the service center more than 2 times.
pawan_pullarwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 22:00   #25
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Really sorry to hear about this.

Everything is normal - the famous dialogue reminds me of Amit's ownership thread of SX4.

I hope you get a quick resolution and it indeed is shocking to hear this kind of an experience with Maruti.
JVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 22:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

Anyone will get frustrated by the agony these cars/dealerships give us be it any car.

We are leaving in "chalta hai" attitude and the A** people are doing the same. Firstly, we need to educate the "educated class" that this chalta hai attitude will not work and they really need to work on some of the problems. Hope the customer support people will wake up soon from this attitude.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 12:01   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
And I thought only my hero honda service guys tell me that the problem is in my head! Sorry to hear about your story pal. Maruti Service is falling day by day.

OT: a maruti dealer in my areas had arranged for a free monsoon checkup and mine was the first car to reach for that. I finally had to fire them all for the pathetic service that they gave me.
I never go for such check ups when everything seems perfect as from experience i ve learnt that when they try to check something which is not broken, they ruin things
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEA View Post
Usually MASS is bad, but the company takes good care of thier customers.

I had some long pending issues like suspension and body rattles, clutch etc with my petrol swift two year back. The dealer was not very inclined to rectify it. It kept runnng like that for a while, but i got worried as the warranty was expiring fast.

Unexpectedly i got something to make the dealer attend the problems. Maruti send me a customer satisfaction survey form asking about the various aspects of the car, the dealer etc. Even before i got the form, the dealer called me up and asked me to give them atleast 80% positive in my response! i said i wont since i have service and guarantee issues with the car. The dealer kept calling me until i negotiated. i demanded my car to be attended and repaired under warranty before i send a positive response to maruti. it worked, the dealer took the car in for a week, did all the works and i send maruti the appropriate response.

And to my surpirse i got a new spare wheel and tyre with the service! the reason being, i was supplied with a pressed steel spare wheel and smaller tyre instead of the usuall alloy rim and wider tyre that comes with the ZXi. I had'nt checked the spare wheel until then! guys please check if you get everything with the car when it is delivered.
Glad it worked out your way. Arm Twisting is the only hope left for maruti dealers now, and i hope this stops, i hate fighting with them for every other thing, leaves a bad taste.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
These are service centers, dont do their jobs. Seems like, eariler cars, like Esteem, M800, Alto etc has simple engine technology. They were able to provide service, where it requires less knowledge.
Now, with Swift and SX4, they are moving into modern engine. Modern engine's has technology which doesnt goes down, and if goes down, one need to have knowledgeble and logical mind to sort it out.
Maruti should improve their process to have the same *** as it was before like, take imidiate feedback customer, if same car being reported the problem at the service center more than 2 times.
Exactly what i told them, that i would not come all the way from ghatkopar to lower parel the 3rd time if nothing was wrong would I ?Its far you know,

One of the rude replies he gave me when i asked him to check another DDIS and see the difference

"Sir, aap apna gaadi dekhiye na, dusro ka gaddi kyu dekhte hai"

Imagine, Like i was asking for some one elses exam answer sheet to copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Really sorry to hear about this.

Everything is normal - the famous dialogue reminds me of Amit's ownership thread of SX4.

I hope you get a quick resolution and it indeed is shocking to hear this kind of an experience with Maruti.
Yeah, I better get a quick solution, otherwise i have a lot of plans for them in my mind and believe you me they are not sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Anyone will get frustrated by the agony these cars/dealerships give us be it any car.

We are leaving in "chalta hai" attitude and the A** people are doing the same. Firstly, we need to educate the "educated class" that this chalta hai attitude will not work and they really need to work on some of the problems. Hope the customer support people will wake up soon from this attitude.
Exactly, for some people cars are for travelling from point A to Point B , for me its enjoying a perfect car for which I have paid for from point A to Point B and i will not take the 'chalta hai tab tak thik hai' attitude from the service station, they are supposed to do their job A+ and if not do it again, not my problem.

The situation till now is , they have taken the car, He said he will call me yesterday at 3am but he has not called yet to even inform what are they upto.

Will never improve and for everyone of you out there, If you want your car ruined, love horrible service, adore an 'I dont care attitude' please contact Sai Service

And for those you, who have taken Sai Services exclusive maruti warranty, GOD HELP YOU in case of warranty claims.

Oh i got one more ' Sir hamara Sai Service Ka warranty Lijiye, isme Pressuer plate, AC compressor, Brake booster Sab cover hota hai joh maruti ka warranty main nahi hota'

Yes yes, I just landed from Mars and their warranty is 15 grand for 2 years.

Rofl and they are changing the pressure plate with the clutch for the 2nd time in marutis warranty.

Last edited by humyum : 19th June 2009 at 12:10.
Old 19th June 2009, 14:22   #28
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post

"Sir, aap apna gaadi dekhiye na, dusro ka gaddi kyu dekhte hai"

Imagine, Like i was asking for some one elses exam answer sheet to copy.
What? dude if it was me all hell would have broken loose at that point. He has no liberty to speak in that tone with a customer that too a troubled one...

You should report this guy and the works manager to Maruti officials for poor conduct.
JRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 14:25   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
What? dude if it was me all hell would have broken loose at that point. He has no liberty to speak in that tone with a customer that too a troubled one...

You should report this guy and the works manager to Maruti officials for poor conduct.
Dont worry, hell WILL break loose once I get my car back, I just want it back with my problems solved and then next episode will be to take care of their attitude problems.
Old 19th June 2009, 16:25   #30
Senior - BHPian

Default Good News

After Silence since yesterday , i call the works manager Mr Nagesh

He said ' I checked the car in the evening, took a longish test drive and yes the car is juddering in 1st gear with the whole front end shaking and also in 2nd gear sometimes and i am replacing the entire clutch assembly with every assorted part involved'

FINALLY they admit and up for solving things, Delivery date is promised at tomorrow evening.

I also told him that i am 'glad' he took my car for a test drive as 'manish' was sending me back home with 'everything is normal' Tag

He was like ' he should have diagonised futher and checked and no customer is a fool to spend his hours here to sort out something which is not wrong'

FINALLY FINALLY, some results are showing.