Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 19th June 2009, 16:29   #31
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post

FINALLY FINALLY, some results are showing.
Good to hear that!

Now what are your plans to raise hell with that service advisor/mechanic?
JVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 17:02   #32
BHPian

We pay lakhs of rupees for the pleasure of driving a car and not for the pains in the leg & running around the service centres. You should have attached the link of this thread when you wrote to maruti atleast then they would have realised the impact it is going to have.
Red Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2009, 17:00   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Circle View Post
We pay lakhs of rupees for the pleasure of driving a car and not for the pains in the leg & running around the service centres. You should have attached the link of this thread when you wrote to maruti atleast then they would have realised the impact it is going to have.
I have literally lost my nights sleep and peace of mind because of all this, here now i shall reveal the part 2 of the story

They replace the entire clutch assembly and i go to pick up my car, Now the service advisor is courteous as he knows that i have mailed maruti and Sai service( lower parel ) has already got a mail from Maruti regarding my complaint.

Total change of attitude, we go for a test drive and there is still a mild judder which i am ok with as i am tired. Those fools have not even bled the clutch and the clutch is heavy for a brand new clutch and pressure plate, the gear shifting is still hard! They must have started the car with the MAF sensor disconnected and the car registers an error code!

I am tired, i am frustrated and most of all, i have no trust in them anymore, i feel suffocated just sitting there, Sign the papers and get out asap.

A BRAND NEW CAR RUINED, There is no more feeling of new in this, My 10 year old 800 used to please me better than this 6 month old swift.

I go to Auto Vista ( CST ROAD KURLA) with my friend in the morning, he has to leave his car and i tag along in my mine so that we can get back together, i meet mr Sanjeev there and generally tell him the problem

He gets to work, clears the error code, bleeds the clutch and the clutch is smooth again, Adjusts the gear but its still the same, Helpless i just want to go home.

I stop at my fav Service station Ravi Automobiles which is also a petrol pump, as i am filling fuel i meet the service advisor i know since ages and i tell him about this problem.

He says ' Lets try changing the gear oil for starters' and we change the gear oil and go for a spin. The gears have becomes a bit smooth but its still not as butter as it used to be. Nothing seems perfect

I need help from someone who knows people in maruti, higher ups, I want an inspection from a Maruti Engineer on my Swift. No Sai Service, No anyone, Just a maruti engineer !
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2009, 18:03   #34
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Humyum, take your car to Vitesse (Prabhadevi). Book an appointment with them & drop me a PM with the date.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2009, 18:06   #35
BHPian

Quote:
I have literally lost my nights sleep and peace of mind because of all this, here now i shall reveal the part 2 of the story

I am tired, i am frustrated and most of all, i have no trust in them anymore, i feel suffocated just sitting there, Sign the papers and get out asap.

!
I feel you could have given negative comments in the feedback form.
janitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2009, 19:50   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Humyum, take your car to Vitesse (Prabhadevi). Book an appointment with them & drop me a PM with the date.
Yes, calling them right tomorrow and fixing an appoinment and i ll PM you the details. Thanks a ton bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
I feel you could have given negative comments in the feedback form.

But the feedback call directly from maruti is yet to come as this is a maruti registered complaint, and that time i am giving them a 0 for everything.
Old 23rd June 2009, 09:50   #37
Senior - BHPian

Had been on a drive to reclamation yesterday, and NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Gearshifts are still the same.

1st to second 90% of the time with some resistance, 3rd has some resistance, 4th is a bit easy and 5 is completely free.

4th to 3rd has to be pushed in, before i used to just push it with a finger and it used to glide in

1st gear was butter too before, but now it needs to be pushed in, standstill or motion both are the same.
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:00   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had been on a drive to reclamation yesterday, and NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Gearshifts are still the same.

1st to second 90% of the time with some resistance, 3rd has some resistance, 4th is a bit easy and 5 is completely free.

4th to 3rd has to be pushed in, before i used to just push it with a finger and it used to glide in

1st gear was butter too before, but now it needs to be pushed in, standstill or motion both are the same.
When I had the Swift DDiS, I faced this issue couple of times - i.e. certain gears feeling hard to slot in - mostly this was first or reverse and I always got it rectified at the service center. I guess what they did was some cable adjustment, so if that is not working for you, something is seriously wrong. You are right in insisting in a Maruti Engineer. I used to have the higher-up email id's in my personal laptop, does not have access to it for couple more weeks, will send across as soon as I can.
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 18:41   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
When I had the Swift DDiS, I faced this issue couple of times - i.e. certain gears feeling hard to slot in - mostly this was first or reverse and I always got it rectified at the service center. I guess what they did was some cable adjustment, so if that is not working for you, something is seriously wrong. You are right in insisting in a Maruti Engineer. I used to have the higher-up email id's in my personal laptop, does not have access to it for couple more weeks, will send across as soon as I can.
Yes, please do! Ankit has given me some too!

I ve taken an appoinment with Vitesse (Prabhadevi) for tomorrow morning at 9:30

GTO, i ve pm'ed you today morning, havent got any reply from you yet :(
Old 24th June 2009, 07:36   #40
BHPian

Go to Vitesse, ask for Mr. Colin. He is a very good chap, would help you out.
ATB man hope your car gets back in shape.
arpandiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 14:33   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
Go to Vitesse, ask for Mr. Colin. He is a very good chap, would help you out.
ATB man hope your car gets back in shape.
Just back after meeting Mr Colins, Very nice guy, Checked my car, checked another swift diesel and he was with me all the while till they were working on my car.

Linkages opened, something inside was jammed, regreased, linkages adjusted, everything lubricated in the gear linkages that connect the gearbox too!

Everything seems perfect now, gearshifting is butter like it was before

Kudos to Mr collins and vitesse for sorting everything out.

10/10 for Vitesse for taking the trouble to diagonise and sort my problem out which everyone at Sai could not care

A special thanks to Jaggu Sir for listening to me patiently everytime i called and giving me a solution to all my problems, You are a rockstar!

And thank you very much GTO for seeing to that Maruti is involved , lucky for me it turned out to be a small issue. Thanks bro for taking the trouble

For every Service Vitesse it is now, they take personal interest in a customers car, Not once did Mr Collins Rubbished my claims of this being wrong and that being wrong.

His reply always was 'I ll get it checked, if there is something or some settings are not fine, we ll do it, dont worry.

PS: F1fan and me have banned Sai Service from our list forever, bunch for chors and retards who will ruin anyone car in no time!

Thank you everyone else too for giving your opinions, e-mail ids and suggestions. Finally i am a happy Man with a perfect swift *touch wood*

Told Mr Collins about team-bhp too, hope he joins in soon so that we have someone from Vitesse too here!

Last edited by humyum : 24th June 2009 at 14:34.
Old 24th June 2009, 14:48   #42
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Vitesse is the absolute best when it comes to after-sales. Glad that things worked out for you.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 22:29   #43
Team-BHP Support

Hey great news enjoy the drive! AND stop sir'ing me or ill have to do something very evil to you!
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 23:27   #44
BHPian

Humyum,
As discussed, lets meet on Friday (if it is not raining). Need to check your car and your new alloys.
Enjoy your baby as you and she have suffered enough recently.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 23:27   #45
BHPian

Glad you are through!

Personally never been a fan of Maruti people, their *** team has lot of sarkari attitude.
rhandle is offline   Reply With Quote