Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 12th September 2009, 22:25   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
I would have defininately let this one go if the entire breed was faulty, but here the case is only mine and selling a 8 month car with 16 and half thousand kilometer on it is defininately not happening because
1) the company should see to it that my problem is solved to my satisfaction
2) I cannot let them get away with this.

A swift has been a dream for our family since 4 years and i just cannot digest my dads hard earned money for this dream getting drained away like this. This is going to be a fight till the finish where in either i win or either i win !

Yes a maruti engineering is coming tomorrow afternoon, lets see what the solution turns out to be, preminalry diagonising on my part points towards a uneven worn input shaft in the gearbox.

As for the brakes, i dont know what they are going to do about that but one thing is for sure after all this, i am not paying a single pie for wear and tear parts be it brake pads,discs or whatever.

A final verdict is going to be decided tomorrow only after the maruti engineer ascertains, even if i have to go to consumer court i am game.

Thats a real bummer. After our last talk, I thought all your grievances were finally addressed but alas !
Thats really bad.

Last edited by f1fan : 12th September 2009 at 22:40.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 21:14   #77
Senior - BHPian

humyum,buddy any updates on your Swift troubles.
sumeethaldankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 21:39   #78
BHPian

Man, this one is like a never ending tragic movie, where new tragedies are thrown with each scene. I guess you need to stick with your stand of "Change My Car" with Maruti. Hope you get a happy ending soon Humayun.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 23:26   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
humyum,buddy any updates on your Swift troubles.
Yes Posting the updates below

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Man, this one is like a never ending tragic movie, where new tragedies are thrown with each scene. I guess you need to stick with your stand of "Change My Car" with Maruti. Hope you get a happy ending soon Humayun.
Ha ha, now i see greener pastures atleast today i did

The car is back after 2 days at spectra (ghatkopar) Maruti engineer was present throughout.

The clutch was opened again and everything was found perfect inside, they said its 100% a bleeding problem and brakes were weak because of the bleeding problem too. The caliper pins had lost the grease and hence the brakes were weak

Everything in the brakes was opened, put back with lubrication and now brakes seem to have improved. Also there is a problem which i dont know is mental or really there is. The brakes seem a little weak at slow speeds but at speeds in excess of 100+ they are fantastic. Love them, but below that a little more pedal pressure is required. I will update about this as the car runs, but the brakes are better than before, they said they bled the brakes using a bleeding machine.

I had complained about excessive vibrations filtering inside the cabin and the steering becoming kind of loose after 140, also had complained of the car being jumpy even though the right tyre pressures were maintained

For this they opened the strut assembly to check if maybe its jammed, lubricated it and fixed it back, the ball joints were also checked and lubricated, the damper settings were done as they sensed something to be wrong with that. They even removed my tyres and fixed 165 tyres from their car on my car to check if something was wrong with my tyres but it was not.

Everything was tightned inside out. The clutch judder is gone, its zilch now. Atleast today it was not there, gearshifting has become smooth, there is no metallic cling while shifting anymore.

From the maruti engineer, to the serivce advisor to the head service manager of spectra everyone took a test drive and then passed on the car to me.

The car like promised felt like it came out of the showroom for a new delivery, my job card at spectra is still open and they said they will leave it open until i say i am satisfied with the car, before that its not going to be closed and maruti too has been informed about this.

Now for the test on the highway, The stretch between Ghatkopar till the left for Powai is empty many a times and i was waiting at the signal at Godrej for it to turn green and there was a runway ahead for almost 2 kilometers and a bridge. I wanted to test it at speeds to be perfectly sure of the car.

before i used to lose confidence in the steering as it neared 130, but this time i never realised when i reached 130 and the car was inching towards 160 and perfectly smooth, engine was not harsh, ride was good, handling was brilliant, brakes had the hold. Kept it at 160 for around 5 to 7 seconds and slowed down to a sane 80.

While going back did the same as the road was again empty and the car seemed to be perfect.

Brakes as i said seem too good at high speeds, but i dont know why at slow speeds they lack the oh so brilliant bite like at high speeds, i guess i ll run it for some days without concentrating on this and hopefully it should just vanish.
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 03:17   #80
BHPian

Today is the first time I've come across this thread. Don't know how I missed it earlier. After reading the various posts, I am amazed to see what you have gone through. I seriously hope that its the end of your woes and you are able to make your life simpler - Eat, Drink, Swift!
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 12:28   #81
BHPian

Finally a happy report from your side. Sad that it took so long for Maruti to sort it out and send an engineer for resolving this. Good thing is that, they seem to have finally resolved everything.

Do check for a few more days/weeks and run at least a 1000 kms before asking them to close the job card. They will comply as you have been having this issue for a long time.

For my cousin's Swift, they sent an engineer without him even raising his voice once. Maybe they were there for another car and looked at his car as well.
krish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 14:08   #82
BHPian

Thats some good news there. I hope your steed is better now and the braking has improved..

Nevertheless, reading this thread i thought, another skoda type service woes thread on the way !! Thank god your experience is now getting better ... enjoy your dream car now
kri$hna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 21:02   #83
BHPian

Good to see you are reaching the happy ending. I feel, the lesson learned here is, regardless of manufacturer, a corny dealer can spoil your ownership experience and run the brand to complete dust. The way Sai has behaved in this case is simply not done.

I feel there is a need for tightening of consumer laws so that any wrong doer can't get away after making fancy statements. Am sure if this had happened in any country with strict consumer laws, dealer would've offered the car replacement without much ado.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 23:51   #84
Senior - BHPian

Hi buddy,
How's you car doing ? Hope you don't have any of the troubles you have had before.
Old 10th October 2009, 13:55   #85
BANNED

seems finally maruti engineers took something on their own hands and hope your car is back with its showroom condition and without any more problems you faced so far.
nutsbolts, i do agree to your part saying consumer laws needs to be more tightening for better dealer's experience part and overall ownership too.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 17:32   #86
Senior - BHPian

Default This Is Not The End Of Troubles

Sorry guys i left india in october start for UK for my further education so could not update this thread, anyway in recent conversations with my dad my questions of 'how is the car' were answered with a bit of a troubled look.

I got worried and decided to probe further and dang, the reply
'The gearshifting from 2nd to 3rd seems to be going with some resistance and vice versa'

I was in horror, THIS car i loved the most, thought about getting it to UK if we shift here and in one year 1000 visits to the service station and problem still not SOLVED

Maruti, u need a whack and some straightning, success seems to have gone over your head.

Anyway I instantly call my friend and ask him to take the car to spectra where they had done the job before and had promised that 'this is the end of problems for your car'

He puts the whole spectra motors down that ' WHAT IS THIS' ?

They check and to my horror i get a list of parts that are defective and are going to be changed in the gearbox, Here is the list

1.Ring synchronise
2.Spring synchroniser
3.HUB ASSEMBLY LOW SPEED synchroniser

In the name of GOD, i have been complaining all my life about gearshifting and they do it now, my poor dad who is 50 + cant make trips to the service station like how i did, he wants a trouble free experience with the car we got after dreaming about it for 4 years.

I WANT a new car period. Some body at team-bhp please do something about this. Pretty please
Old 28th March 2010, 17:35   #87
Senior - BHPian

Hello,
you haven't updated this thread for a long time.Seems like your Swift troubles are over.You had a 800 too didn't you.Do you still have that?
Old 3rd April 2010, 08:30   #88
BHPian

i just saw this thread today, i did not know there were more people like me, i too am absolutely fed up with the swift diesel, it takes more effort than my '86 jeep, i too had reached a stage where i thought they better replace this car , but they do not , i tried everything for that . finally msm at okhla worked it out, and since the past 20k kms its been running well. we have 2 swifts in our family and both of us were very let down with maruti , 2 lemons? heck no, its poor qa, poor dealerships, poorly trained people and worse than a govt department attitude that to get to speak to anyone from maruti is more difficult than speaking to our pm, i even went to their new head office building only to be met by the receptionist and a dumb guy who only knew that everyone was in a meeting and i should go to the dealer i took my car from.
maruti in my opinion is the worst brand in any sense now and no one should opt for it if its their own hard earnt money they are spending . maybe we need to start a new thread about woes with maruti and mail them the link daily .
docfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2010, 15:40   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hello,
you haven't updated this thread for a long time.Seems like your Swift troubles are over.You had a 800 too didn't you.Do you still have that?
Well, According to my dad the gearshift is fine, my best friend drove it, he said there is no more rubbing. My dad's friend who has a swift too drove it and said its perfect.

So i guess troubles are over, or atleast they seem to be. I am comming India in may and will check for myself. If i find something not right, this time I am not hesitating to file a consumer court case.

About the Maruti 800, No bro its gone. Almost a year and half up. Planning to buy it back soon (the same 800) from the same guy we sold it to at whatever the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docfreak View Post
i just saw this thread today, i did not know there were more people like me, i too am absolutely fed up with the swift diesel, it takes more effort than my '86 jeep, i too had reached a stage where i thought they better replace this car , but they do not , i tried everything for that . finally msm at okhla worked it out, and since the past 20k kms its been running well. we have 2 swifts in our family and both of us were very let down with maruti , 2 lemons? heck no, its poor qa, poor dealerships, poorly trained people and worse than a govt department attitude that to get to speak to anyone from maruti is more difficult than speaking to our pm, i even went to their new head office building only to be met by the receptionist and a dumb guy who only knew that everyone was in a meeting and i should go to the dealer i took my car from.
maruti in my opinion is the worst brand in any sense now and no one should opt for it if its their own hard earnt money they are spending . maybe we need to start a new thread about woes with maruti and mail them the link daily .
Maruti quality has gone down over a period, agreed. But hey I am still optimistic because I have so many people around with a Swift Diesel and all of them are running fine. Its one of a case and maybe both of us are those one off's.

Maruti on a whole is a value for money product I think. Although I did suffer a lot, but its the incompetant service station people who know jack about diesel swifts that make it worse.
Old 25th April 2010, 10:54   #90
BHPian

@humyum
nope. Its not you people are the one off's. I too have problems with clutch. They changed the entire clutch assembly under the warranty. That part of the problems were sorted out to an extent. But the major problem of mine still remains. A peculiar tappet noise like sound from the engine when you hold the accelerator at a particular rpm(1600-1800). More over the engine is very noisy overall. I have tried few of my friends cars and what i personally felt was the engine was very noisy. My car is having rattles from the day one. My dad even went a step further and asked me whether this is a new car.(Imagine my embarrassment for making a choice like this one with his money)
ganeshtvpm is offline   Reply With Quote