Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 28th October 2014, 23:01   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Ordeal With Maruti and the Swift !

Try another service centre. I've given for service at Pratham on ORR . Was not happy , they goofed up big time by changing to mineral oil without checking that the earlier one was synthetic. That said they also did not flush . Since then sticking with Bimal at Mahadevpura near phoenix . Once wanted to try the one opposite Forum since it near to my residence. But, when I went there to check for a wheel bolt thread that was gone, they told me they need to take out the wheel and drill on a lathe to remove the bolt etc. Not convinced with the explanation gave it back to Bimal Mahadevpura. They fixed the bolt and nut for approximately 150/-.
I think more than the service center its the concentration of right mechanics. A good mechanic should be most of the time able to pinpoint the problem even without a test drive, if the explanation is good enough. That should tell you that you are at the right place.

Last edited by rpads1 : 28th October 2014 at 23:02.
rpads1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2014, 23:55   #107
BHPian

Is the sound some sort of dry suspension leaf making creeking sound when articulated?
If yes then the rear beam needs to be replaced. This was the issue which most of the swifts had and all the service centers know about and the beams were changed FOC under warranty. Let me know if that's the sound you are getting.

Refer the post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3464469 (Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review) for more details regarding it.

Last edited by livyodream : 28th October 2014 at 23:58.
livyodream is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2014, 00:35   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

From the descriptions, looks like you are based in Bangalore than Madras. I suggest trying Surakshaa @ Bommanahalli. They are good. Make sure you let them know why you have changed the dealer and they should help. Talk to Lokesh (Works Manager) too please.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2014, 08:36   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
From the descriptions, looks like you are based in Bangalore than Madras. I suggest trying Surakshaa @ Bommanahalli. They are good. Make sure you let them know why you have changed the dealer and they should help. Talk to Lokesh (Works Manager) too please.

Was super busy managing many lives, so didnt get time to leave the vehicle.

Update:

Spoke to Lokesh. Unfortunately he and Pratham Motors Service Manager are friends. And Lokesh was not very interested to take the vehicle for untold reasons. However he asked me to bring the vehicle in today, so he will TD and give me opinions. I lost interest in taking the vehicle there.

Glitch:

Now the sound has shifted to new horizons. It is evident when i brake, it is no more coming from going over speed breakers. Weird !

Maruti Complain:

I tried to register a complaint with Maruti against Pratham. To my dismay, the customer care executive didnt find the service station in their records. . Complaint was not registered.

Finally:

Thinking of selling the vehicle. Damn. Height of frustrations !
Rubbertramps is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2014, 00:37   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbertramps View Post
Update:

Spoke to Lokesh. Unfortunately he and Pratham Motors Service Manager are friends. And Lokesh was not very interested to take the vehicle for untold reasons. However he asked me to bring the vehicle in today, so he will TD and give me opinions. I lost interest in taking the vehicle there.
This is extremely unfortunate. He is very much aware of the forum and it's power. Rather than calling up the customer care (which I suppose you have done), please send out a mail to the id listed. You should be hearing from the A$$ in 2-3 days time.

I would suggest you give it a last shot before you sell it. If I were in Bangy, I would have definitely helped you get a good service from Surakshaa.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 19th November 2014 at 00:39.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2014, 02:19   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Glitch: Now the sound has shifted to new horizons. It is evident when i brake, it is no more coming from going over speed breakers. Weird !
My two cents, I do not own a swift and so hope this helps. It seems to me a spring has gone kaput, the components taking the load during compression (pot-hole, speed breaker) is the dampner and the spring. Check the spring once, a squeaky spring can be easily solved by putting a rubber/plastic tube around it. Its been reported on this forum somewhere in the context of a Maruti itself [GPA's Alto if I'm right] squeaky springs post driving in rains! I'm not aware of the technical term, but the springs in the seem to be culprit.

Sincerely hope your issue gets resolved.
shady_lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2014, 12:36   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
This is extremely unfortunate. He is very much aware of the forum and it's power. Rather than calling up the customer care (which I suppose you have done), please send out a mail to the id listed. You should be hearing from the A$$ in 2-3 days time.

I would suggest you give it a last shot before you sell it. If I were in Bangy, I would have definitely helped you get a good service from Surakshaa.
Yeah. Finally i registered a complaint. The Pratham A.S.S has been calling me since yesterday. But i am not interested to push the vehicle again to them. Just ignoring them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_lawyer View Post
My two cents, I do not own a swift and so hope this helps. It seems to me a spring has gone kaput, the components taking the load during compression (pot-hole, speed breaker) is the dampner and the spring. Check the spring once, a squeaky spring can be easily solved by putting a rubber/plastic tube around it. Its been reported on this forum somewhere in the context of a Maruti itself [GPA's Alto if I'm right] squeaky springs post driving in rains! I'm not aware of the technical term, but the springs in the seem to be culprit.

Sincerely hope your issue gets resolved.
Spot on. I left for water wash yesterday with the underchassis ramped up. The sound is back to square one. It must be the springs as you say. But why cant the service guys deduce this. They greased everything and told me the problem is solved. The customer is being taken for granted here. Damn
Rubbertramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2014, 13:37   #113
BHPian

Quote:
The customer is being taken for granted here. Damn
I agree with you and can only imagine the loops you're being made to jump through; but hey that's why the team exists. I think all we need is google and teambhp and we'll have a Dr. House for Cars.
Come back to topic however, get the springs checked from someone who trust. I might be triggering a debate but MASS is not always the best, a very good FNG too might help. Since you live in BLR i'm hopeful some of the more experienced persons from that city have a great FNG on tap. I do hope it works out mate. Keep us updated.
shady_lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2014, 19:14   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_lawyer View Post
I agree with you and can only imagine the loops you're being made to jump through; but hey that's why the team exists. I think all we need is google and teambhp and we'll have a Dr. House for Cars.
Come back to topic however, get the springs checked from someone who trust. I might be triggering a debate but MASS is not always the best, a very good FNG too might help. Since you live in BLR i'm hopeful some of the more experienced persons from that city have a great FNG on tap. I do hope it works out mate. Keep us updated.
Yeah. I believe thats a good idea to go for other service stations. But i am worried about the warranty getting void.
Rubbertramps is offline   Reply With Quote